comics wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

comics wanted

I don't really know where to turn to with this request, so I'll give our forum a try.

As some of you know, I'm an English teacher (or should this be, teacher of English?) and I teach kids aged 12-16.
    Many of who DO NOT like reading English, but obviously, have to.
    I am looking for piles and piles of comics to use in my lessons, but, where can I -online- find comics that aren't really too expensive, but still in good enough shape to use in class?
    I'm thinking of Disney, Marvel, anything goes.

Suggestions, anyone?

Thanks,

sk
    Last edited by frik51; 10-31-2011, 07:10 PM.

I would probably just go to ebay and do a search for "Comic Bundle" or something like that. I did a quick search and it came up with a fair bit. The other option is Things From Another World (Dark Horse comic's retail website) has what they call "Nick and Dents" which are slightly damaged comics for cheap. Here's the link:

http://www.tfaw.com/Promos/Nick-and-...imit_search=30
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Hey, thanks, Dan!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        I would probably just go to ebay and do a search for "Comic Bundle" or something like that. I did a quick search and it came up with a fair bit. The other option is Things From Another World (Dark Horse comic's retail website) has what they call "Nick and Dents" which are slightly damaged comics for cheap. Here's the link:

http://www.tfaw.com/Promos/Nick-and-...imit_search=30
        You might tell them what you need them for and they may discount them even more!

John

Comment

Hi Siep - These guys are pretty good

http://www.milehighcomics.com/istore/

Comment

Thanks everyone!

sk

Comment

I don't know about where you live, Siep, but around here you can get a lot of comics and books cheap on Craigslist.

Comment

Thanks, Dave, I'll check it out!
                (Living in Europe, though)

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                  Thanks, Dave, I'll check it out!
                  (Living in Europe, though)

sk
                  Yeah, I know...Craigslist is pretty active in Ireland, but I can't read Dutch, so I have no idea what's on your version of it.

Comment

I don't think we have a Craigslist version.

sk

Comment

Siep, are there any comic book specialty stores in your area? Especially ones that stock back issues. When I worked at the comic book store we'd make up grab bags to clear out inventory. It was basically 10 books for a buck. If you have trouble finding books in English in your area, try Mile High. I've also shopped from Tales of Wonder (talesofwonder.com), and they have very good prices on their regular stuff, and might be able to make a deal with you with some overstock stuff. If you still have problems, let me know, maybe I can dig out some stuff for you out my my collection that I won't miss too much.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Thanks, Terry, for your kind offer.
                        If things don't work out (I think they will), I'll let you know.

sk

Comment

In the US you can buy comics for a buck apiece or less in most comic book stores. Is it not like that in the Netherlands?

Comment

Siep,

I've purchased two of these in the past and been very pleased with the price and quality ... http://www.mycomicshop.com/valuepacks

This is a great site for those who aren't familiar with it and these 2lb comic brick packs are a steal. They are local in Texas (Lonestar Comics) and have nice prices and a frankly incredible back issue selection and website. Give it a surf, I figure you will be pleased.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                              Siep, are there any comic book specialty stores in your area? Especially ones that stock back issues. When I worked at the comic book store we'd make up grab bags to clear out inventory. It was basically 10 books for a buck. If you have trouble finding books in English in your area, try Mile High. I've also shopped from Tales of Wonder (talesofwonder.com), and they have very good prices on their regular stuff, and might be able to make a deal with you with some overstock stuff. If you still have problems, let me know, maybe I can dig out some stuff for you out my my collection that I won't miss too much.
                              I've always like TalesofWonder and their new sister site BargainGraphicNovels is pretty great too.

Comment

Working...
                              X