PDA

View Full Version : KIN Shipping This Week

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Delighted to see that the good folks here at CD are shipping my new novel, KIN (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/burke06) this week, in addition to GIDEON'S SWORD by Preston and Child, and books from the two outrageously talented Norms, Partridge and Prentiss.

srboone
10-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Looking forward to KIN. It'll be my first KPB (aside form short stories.)

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Thank you sir! I hope you enjoy it!

RJK1981
10-26-2011, 03:59 AM
Looking forward to getting this and to reading it when I get the chance. Finally got a hold of The Hides last week so will be reading that and Vessels first most likely, as well as finishing Bentley Little's The Policy and reading Gifune's Midnight Solitaire, lol. I do plan on getting to this one before the year ends at least, just not right away.

Martin
10-26-2011, 05:13 AM
I highly recommend the 'Timmy Quinn' stories!
Looking forward to KIN. It'll be my first KPB (aside form short stories.)

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-26-2011, 06:31 AM
Looking forward to getting this and to reading it when I get the chance. Finally got a hold of The Hides last week so will be reading that and Vessels first most likely, as well as finishing Bentley Little's The Policy and reading Gifune's Midnight Solitaire, lol. I do plan on getting to this one before the year ends at least, just not right away.

Excellent! I'm pleased to be in such auspicious company! Gifune is a phenomenal writer, and THE POLICY is my favorite Bentley Little book to date.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-26-2011, 06:31 AM
I highly recommend the 'Timmy Quinn' stories!

Thank you, kind sir!

RJK1981
10-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Excellent! I'm pleased to be in such auspicious company! Gifune is a phenomenal writer, and THE POLICY is my favorite Bentley Little book to date.

The Policy is my first Bentley Little read. I actually have 5 other books by him, just haven't read them. I had planned on reading The War of the Worlds now, but decided I wasn't in the mood to read that one yet.

Have the new Stephen King book pre-ordered, but will likely not be tackling that massive book until next year though.

calason
10-26-2011, 04:05 PM
I ordered the lettered edition, so, I think I may have to wait until I receive it to read this. One of my most anticipated reads for the year!

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-26-2011, 09:15 PM
The Policy is my first Bentley Little read. I actually have 5 other books by him, just haven't read them. I had planned on reading The War of the Worlds now, but decided I wasn't in the mood to read that one yet.

Have the new Stephen King book pre-ordered, but will likely not be tackling that massive book until next year though.

The new King will be here the day it's released, and I'll probably drop everything to read it.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks Chris! I think you'll dig this one!

bookworm 1
10-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Just got my e-mail saying it's on the way.So can't wait.

Antmusic
10-26-2011, 11:07 PM
I got my "shipping to you now" email too! Woo Hoo!

Ben Staad
10-26-2011, 11:41 PM
I got my "shipping to you now" email too! Woo Hoo!

I received mine today as well...although I'm not sure about this Kealan fella!!!!

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-27-2011, 02:30 AM
Me neither!

bookworm 1
10-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Just got mine in the mail.The book looks great!!! Can not wait to start this.Great job CD and of course you to Mr. Burke.

srboone
10-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Looking at Tuesday for mine!

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Just got mine in the mail.The book looks great!!! Can not wait to start this.Great job CD and of course you to Mr. Burke.

Thanks Bookworm! And thank you for purchasing a copy!

Ben Staad
10-29-2011, 01:19 AM
BTW...Who did the cover art for this book? I don't see this info on the site (cd.com) about this.

bookworm 1
10-29-2011, 01:38 AM
:confused::(:(
BTW...Who did the cover art for this book? I don't see this info on the site (cd.com) about this.

It's actually 2 photos from a website called iStock photo.The jacket was designed by Gail Cross.Looks like winter has decided to come here very early so I am
hunkering down with this one for the weekend.I'm dreaming of a white halloween.:)

Ben Staad
10-29-2011, 05:22 PM
:confused::(:(

It's actually 2 photos from a website called iStock photo.The jacket was designed by Gail Cross.Looks like winter has decided to come here very early so I am
hunkering down with this one for the weekend.I'm dreaming of a white halloween.:)

Thanks for the info. BTW I am not envious of you folks having a white halloween. That is just flat out crazy!

srboone
10-29-2011, 06:10 PM
had a 65 degree xmas 4 years ago in KC! Talk about crazy!

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-30-2011, 08:26 PM
That's insane!

Ben Staad
10-31-2011, 07:08 PM
Received the book today! As soon as I wrap up Rot & Ruin (Maberry) I will dig into this one. I can't wait.

Edit: Fixed the authors name...Mayberry v Maberry oops.

Kealan Patrick Burke
10-31-2011, 09:01 PM
Received the book today! As soon as I wrap up Rot & Ruin (Mayberry) I will dig into this one. I can't wait.

That's great news!

bookworm 1
11-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Finished the first part in between dealing with the weather.Wow so far.Wish I had the week off to just read it right through.So were you in that dark place before or
after writing this? Like I said so far so good .Hope to finish it by the weekend if things slow down.

srboone
11-01-2011, 11:52 PM
UPS comes between 4 an 7 pm. one more hour to wait. I'm only a third of the way through War&Peace. Maybe I should take a break for Kin. I am on vacation next week to go to Dallas...

srboone
11-02-2011, 01:34 AM
Read the first chapter and now I want to continue, but I'm doing pretty well with W&P......

Decisions, decisions....

Kealan Patrick Burke
11-02-2011, 04:09 AM
Finished the first part in between dealing with the weather.Wow so far.Wish I had the week off to just read it right through.So were you in that dark place before or
after writing this? Like I said so far so good .Hope to finish it by the weekend if things slow down.

Glad you're enjoying it bookworm! Oddly enough, I wasn't in a dark place when I wrote KIN. That came much later.

Kealan Patrick Burke
11-02-2011, 04:09 AM
Read the first chapter and now I want to continue, but I'm doing pretty well with W&P......

Decisions, decisions....

Man, that's some tough competition I have there...

Kealan Patrick Burke
11-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Another cool review for KIN (no spoilers):

"If you took the moral quandaries about revenge, justice and violence against evil from Dennis Lehane’s Patrick Kenzie novels, spread it over the sprawling cast of a Stephen King thriller, and mixed it with the Southern Gothic grotesques of Eudora Welty, you might end up with something like Kealan Patrick Burke’s new novel, Kin...an unflinching examination of the aftermath of atrocities, both foreign and domestic, rural and urban; it is a gripping portrayal of fully realized villains and flawed heroes; it is a treatise on the cycle of violence and on the bonds of family; and it is, ultimately, a novel about the redemptive power of defiance." - Litstack.com

RJK1981
11-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Definitely look forward to reading this one when I get to it. Have a few others to start or finish first though. If I didn't actually have much homework this semester like usual (Some semesters I barely had any at all because of the nature of the classes) I'd get to it a lot quicker or may already be reading it.

Kealan Patrick Burke
11-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Definitely look forward to reading this one when I get to it. Have a few others to start or finish first though. If I didn't actually have much homework this semester like usual (Some semesters I barely had any at all because of the nature of the classes) I'd get to it a lot quicker or may already be reading it.

That's what I love about books. There's no hurry. They'll be there when you're ready for them. (Glad to hear you have less homework too; the mere idea of it reminds me of being in my room pretending to study exams with NIGHT VISIONS V hidden behind my physics textbook.)

Greenelk
11-05-2011, 09:14 AM
PS Publishing now have KIN in stock for those over in the UK or Europe!!

Linky (http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/kin-signed-hc-by-kealan-patrick-burke-1110-p.asp)

peteOcha
11-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Plus, they're having a sale: grab 2 books from the "other publishers" section and you get the cheapest one free! :)

Kealan Patrick Burke
11-05-2011, 06:16 PM
That's great! Thanks for letting me know about this.

peteOcha
12-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Finished Kin not too long ago...

Great read, I had high hopes for this book before getting down to it, and it was exactly what I wanted!

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-15-2011, 01:03 AM
Finished Kin not too long ago...

Great read, I had high hopes for this book before getting down to it, and it was exactly what I wanted!

I'm delighted to hear that, Pete. Thanks for picking up a copy!

Kealan

Ron K
12-15-2011, 01:32 AM
Another cool review for KIN (no spoilers):

"If you took the moral quandaries about revenge, justice and violence against evil from Dennis Lehane’s Patrick Kenzie novels, spread it over the sprawling cast of a Stephen King thriller, and mixed it with the Southern Gothic grotesques of Eudora Welty, you might end up with something like Kealan Patrick Burke’s new novel, Kin...an unflinching examination of the aftermath of atrocities, both foreign and domestic, rural and urban; it is a gripping portrayal of fully realized villains and flawed heroes; it is a treatise on the cycle of violence and on the bonds of family; and it is, ultimately, a novel about the redemptive power of defiance." - Litstack.com

That HAS to make you feel good ... like an early Christmas gift :-)

Kealan Patrick Burke
12-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Absolutely, Ron!

PaulB
12-31-2011, 01:10 AM
Finished KIN the other day and just wanted to add my congrats on a great read. Great characters well written. Look forward to more of your stories Mr Burke.

Kealan Patrick Burke
01-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Thanks very much, Paul!