PDA

View Full Version : Artists You Want to See

Kate Freeman
10-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Are there any artists that CD isn't working with that you would like to see us start to work with? We are looking for some suggestions as to who the collectors would like to see artwork by in future Limited Editions. Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
10-11-2011, 11:43 PM
We're looking at a lot of different artists, some new and some established, and we would love your input on who we might be missing. Fire away!

Brian

Ron K
10-12-2011, 12:25 AM
I'm not sure if they are the type illustrators you are looking for but some artists who I've seen do great horror and who I would love to see in a future release include -

Alex Maleev
Attila Futaki
Gary Gianni
Frank Quietly
Bernie Wrightson

Ok, I will stop. But I can do more :)

Brian James Freeman
10-12-2011, 02:37 AM
Thanks! Keep them coming -- we have a lot of projects in the works for 2012! :)

Brian

srboone
10-12-2011, 03:15 AM
I'd like to see more work by Chong. Especially on...any project of, say...Ronald Kelly's!:rolleyes:

frik51
10-12-2011, 04:18 AM
Bernie Wrightson

Yes!!

Ken Kelly
Esteban Maroto

sk

Antmusic
10-12-2011, 04:52 AM
Oscar Senn (Aka Oscar Steven Senn). He isn't well known, but he should be. He's talented and can really paint (and draw). He did a haunting foreign edition of a Steven King book (The Talisman), and he has paintings in galleries all over the US. His most recent work (The Hard Time Saints series of paintings) is amazing. Will he work for CD though? Well, he has said he'll listen if they talk to him. So go contact him and see if he will. Please! I'd love to see his talent on CD's covers.

Ben Staad
10-12-2011, 12:53 PM
More Russel Dickerson please!!

theenormityofitall
10-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Artists is somehting I know nothing about. I do like Potter, Miller and Chadbourne (he's an artist, correct?), but you've already worked with those guys. But if it was up to me which it isn't, I'd choose Potter or Miller for everything.

frik51
10-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Richard Corben!!

http://www.finecomiccollectibles.com/pics/misc/tales%20from%20the%20plague%20richard%20corben.jpg

jester05jk
10-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Agreed.

Greenelk
10-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Another vote for more Vincent Chong please. Love his work

peteOcha
10-22-2011, 09:34 PM
I'd like some more Tomislav Tikulin. I thought his Passage cover was great!

Still on the fence about getting the art piece... I just don't have anywhere to display it.

Other than that, I don't know many artists. Generally I really like all the art in the CD editions, so I'm ok with anything! Although some fresh blood is always nice!

RJK1981
10-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Michael Whelan

bsaenz24
10-23-2011, 01:53 AM
Yes on Vincent Chong and a HUGE!!!!!! Yes for Tomislav Tikulin. I think he is the one of the best out there!!

frik51
10-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Yes for Tomislav Tikulin. I think he is the one of the best out there!!

Absolutely!!

sk

TerryE
10-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Stephen Bissette and/or John Totleben. Their work together on Swamp Thing was some of the most beautiful, imaginative, and horrific art ever seen in comics.

theenormityofitall
10-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Here's a name for you guys but I doubt he'd do it since he's such a big shot himself: Clive Barker. What do ya think??

srboone
10-24-2011, 01:06 AM
As long as Little Clive doesn't show up!

Ben Staad
10-24-2011, 01:34 AM

I've seen the image(s) and while I'm pretty openminded I have to wholeheartedly agree with this statement...More Clive and less little Clive would be great.

theenormityofitall
10-24-2011, 02:05 AM
I've seen the image(s) and while I'm pretty openminded I have to wholeheartedly agree with this statement...More Clive and less little Clive would be great.
Once again, I'm not sure what " Little Clive" means? Who the hell is Little Clive?? Despite what Clive shows up, I still think it'd be great if he'd illustrated a King limited.

srboone
10-24-2011, 02:21 AM
You really do have a problem remembering things:

#21 & 22

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?715-Weaveworld-by-Clive-Barker-(Earthling-Publications)/page3

Antmusic
10-24-2011, 05:52 AM
For the right project, I think that Danish artist John Kenn Mortensen could really make some great illustartions. If there was a Signature Series tale that had an old school children's-story-gone-horribly-wrong feel to it, John Kenn Mortensen would be my illustrator of choice. Did you SEE his illustrations for "Deadfall Hotel" (by Steve Rasnic Tem)? YOWZA!

frik51
10-24-2011, 07:12 AM
I've met big Clive (I'm sure the little one was around somewhere..), and think he's a really nice guy, but I do NOT like his illustrations. A collaboration a la King/Straub would be awesome, though.

sk

bsaenz24
10-24-2011, 02:36 PM

He might be holding the brushes!!

theenormityofitall
10-24-2011, 02:39 PM
You really do have a problem remembering things:

#21 & 22

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?715-Weaveworld-by-Clive-Barker-(Earthling-Publications)/page3
LOL you're right. Maybe it's because I have so many things going on or maybe because I don't even want to know about "Little Clive".

theenormityofitall
10-24-2011, 04:45 PM
I've met big Clive (I'm sure the little one was around somewhere..), and think he's a really nice guy, but I do NOT like his illustrations. A collaboration a la King/Straub would be awesome, though.

sk
You mean King and Straub can draw or am I missing something? I still say Clive Barker (Big Clive).
Hey Dan or Brian, you think you can pull that off? Also, any Barker books in the works??

Ben Staad
10-24-2011, 05:06 PM
For the right project, I think that Danish artist John Kenn Mortensen could really make some great illustartions. If there was a Signature Series tale that had an old school children's-story-gone-horribly-wrong feel to it, John Kenn Mortensen would be my illustrator of choice. Did you SEE his illustrations for "Deadfall Hotel" (by Steve Rasnic Tem)? YOWZA!

Yep I was looking at these yesterday (and thinking about ordering the book) and they are fantastic. Great choice.

frik51
10-24-2011, 05:37 PM
You mean King and Straub can draw or am I missing something?

I actually meant a writing collaboration, as I don't care for Barker's art whatsoever.

sk

Greenelk
10-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Mike Bohatch. I knew there was an artist I loved and couldn't remember.

jester05jk
10-25-2011, 03:17 AM
Bob Eggleton, I love his vampire covers especially the fly by nights and night life.

peteOcha
10-25-2011, 07:30 AM
After seeing the new CD magazine cover... MORE CHONG PLZ! :)

bsaenz24
10-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Once again, I'm not sure what " Little Clive" means? Who the hell is Little Clive??

Something REALLY funny about someone with the first name 'theenormity' asking about Little Clive!!!! ;)

frik51
10-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Mark Maddox!

Just have a look at this amazing cover:

http://www.horrorhound.com/image_general.ashx?c=true&src=incoming/products/issue031.jpg

sk

frik51
10-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Also by Maddox!!

http://maddoxplanet.com/images/Scream23_Shining.jpg

peteOcha
10-29-2011, 09:32 PM
The cover... wasn't really my thing... but crazy Jack with the ax... YES PLEASE!!

srboone
10-29-2011, 09:35 PM
If I had the money for chadbourne painting offer, I would have asked for me as Jack Torrance, only with a roque mallet...love that art of jack!

theenormityofitall
11-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Something REALLY funny about someone with the first name 'theenormity' asking about Little Clive!!!! ;)
LOL, now don't make me start bragging!!
This is off the subject but since everyone keeps bringing up my username....it wasn't true that I first thought of that for my ebay username. Back in 1965 when my mom was going through all kinds of trouble then she found out she was pregnant with yours truly, she told me years later she shouted "Oh, the enormity of it all!!" And that's what I was named. When I was 4, she officially changed it to "Scott". But since that was my birthname, I now use that as my username on everything. That's a true story too.
But there's nothing wrong with Barker frik. I can't recall any of his artwork at the moment lol, but I heard he's pretty good, but like I said, he's too big of a big shot to do something like that for another author.

frik51
11-01-2011, 08:56 PM
But there's nothing wrong with Barker frik. I can't recall any of his artwork at the moment lol, but I heard he's pretty good, but like I said, he's too big of a big shot to do something like that for another author.

http://www.everypicture.com/shop/books/fa5056250777bb341d134e3bfcf38b00/pirate-crew-and-captain-eye.jpg http://design-milk.com/images/2009/09/clive-barker-art.jpg

http://www.thebookpirate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/wolfswinkel.jpg

I guess there's nothing wrong with Barker's art; it's just not my style.
I bet, though,if asked, he'd be more than willing to illustrate King.

sk

Dan Hocker
11-02-2011, 03:24 AM
I don't know much about the subject, but I am willing to guess that Barker is probably to expensive for most of our projects. I know we've looked at some comic book artists before, and they end up being too expensive as well.

theenormityofitall
11-02-2011, 03:35 AM
http://www.everypicture.com/shop/books/fa5056250777bb341d134e3bfcf38b00/pirate-crew-and-captain-eye.jpg http://design-milk.com/images/2009/09/clive-barker-art.jpg

http://www.thebookpirate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/wolfswinkel.jpg

I guess there's nothing wrong with Barker's art; it's just not my style.
I bet, though,if asked, he'd be more than willing to illustrate King.

sk

LOL well if that's Barker's artwork, then I actually would mind seeing it in a King book or any other book for that matter.
I hope he's done better drawings than that. It looks like something a kindergartner would come up with.

theenormityofitall
11-02-2011, 03:37 AM
I don't know much about the subject, but I am willing to guess that Barker is probably to expensive for most of our projects. I know we've looked at some comic book artists before, and they end up being too expensive as well.

Yeah, well, from what frik posted I think CD should just save their money. I think I still like Glenn Cadbourne, Miller and Potter the best, even though none of them are "New".

Grant Wootton
11-02-2011, 04:34 AM
If I had the money for chadbourne painting offer, I would have asked for me as Jack Torrance, only with a roque mallet...love that art of jack!

I got one Squire - guessssss who as ????? (also got one of Connie and her mum zombiefied --- wasn't a hard choice, that ;))

srboone
11-02-2011, 04:37 AM
Pennywise Woot and his zombie harem! Cool!

Grant Wootton
11-02-2011, 04:38 AM
LOL well if that's Barker's artwork, then I actually would mind seeing it in a King book or any other book for that matter.
I hope he's done better drawings than that. It looks like something a kindergartner would come up with.

WTF ????? Contextually, Barker is right up there, IMHO (having said that, true story, I failed colouring in between the lines in 3rd class - about age 6 - and got sent back to kindergarten to learn from the experts - that, and watching Neil Armstrong land on the moon - are the most vivid memories I have of my formative schooling years - so what do I know about art, except its mostly an F short of one of my favourite hobbies in my halcyon daze :p).

Grant Wootton
11-02-2011, 04:39 AM
Pennywise Woot and his zombie harem! Cool!

Yeah, baby, yeah !!!!! :p

theenormityofitall
11-03-2011, 04:42 PM
WTF ????? Contextually, Barker is right up there, IMHO (having said that, true story, I failed colouring in between the lines in 3rd class - about age 6 - and got sent back to kindergarten to learn from the experts - that, and watching Neil Armstrong land on the moon - are the most vivid memories I have of my formative schooling years - so what do I know about art, except its mostly an F short of one of my favourite hobbies in my halcyon daze :p).
Come on man. You can't honestly say what frik posted can compare to a Chadbourne or Miller? It's God awful. Certainlly he must of done other work that look likes an adult's work.
But you saw ol' Neil land on the moon??? I was about to turn 3 years old in July (Aug. 4th is my actually birthday) of 1969 and even I remember watching it on my grandma's and grandpa's old RCA TV.

frik51
11-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Come on man. You can't honestly say what frik posted can compare to a Chadbourne or Miller? It's God awful.

I don't think Barker's art is awful. I'm sure many people love it.
I don't. It's a style I can't relate to at all.

sk

theenormityofitall
11-03-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't think Barker's art is awful. I'm sure many people love it.
I don't. It's a style I can't relate to at all.

sk
Count me as one of those dudes who agree with you frik!
But surely, he has to have other art out there. I was thinking of something mind-bowling like I may have seen in the past, but certainly not the above.

srboone
11-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Well, most of that art is from his Abarat series; I personally like it, but I can't see it illustrating anything other than his young adult novels. Art must compliment the words of an author, and I can't really think of a King work that Barker's art would go with.

Dan Hocker
11-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Count me as one of those dudes who agree with you frik!
But surely, he has to have other art out there. I was thinking of something mind-bowling like I may have seen in the past, but certainly not the above.

Here's a link to the art section of his website.

http://www.clivebarker.info/artindex.html

Grant Wootton
11-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Come on man. You can't honestly say what frik posted can compare to a Chadbourne or Miller? It's God awful. Certainlly he must of done other work that look likes an adult's work.
But you saw ol' Neil land on the moon??? I was about to turn 3 years old in July (Aug. 4th is my actually birthday) of 1969 and even I remember watching it on my grandma's and grandpa's old RCA TV.

Barker art aside, it's horses for courses really (you either love, like it, hate it, loathe it - or are ambivalent towards it). But, yep, remember the moon landing very well, I was 7, sitting in a country classroom on linoleum in the middle of winter for seven straight hours - fun times :p

theenormityofitall
11-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Here's a link to the art section of his website.

http://www.clivebarker.info/artindex.html
Now that's more like it Dan. I see at least a dozen I wouldn't mind seeing in books. I do like this one:

theenormityofitall
11-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Barker art aside, it's horses for courses really (you either love, like it, hate it, loathe it - or are ambivalent towards it). But, yep, remember the moon landing very well, I was 7, sitting in a country classroom on linoleum in the middle of winter for seven straight hours - fun times :p
LOL they defintely were fun times. Being lil kids and not having to worry about a damn thing except if you're going to get a peanut butter sandwich or a grilled cheese for dinner.
What I'd give to go back to those days!!!!

RJK1981
11-07-2011, 07:20 AM
After seeing his work in Four Legs in the Morning, I'd like to see more from Steven C. Gilberts