PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Harris' Red Dragon....how to tell first printing

bsaenz24
09-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Anybody know how to tell if a copy of Red Dragon was an actual first printing? It does'nt have a number line, so I was hoping someone here might know if there were any 1st printing characteristics to look for.

Thanks.

( I bought it when I was a kid in the remainder section for $1 because I saw the word Dragon on it and thought it had to be a fantasy novel. Years later when Silence came out and I read that, I recalled the author's name and dug up the copy of Red Dragon. Note: it was NOT a fantasy novel!!!! ;)

RonClinton
09-26-2011, 02:15 AM
I don't know of any first-edition points for RED DRAGON (e.g. gutter code or similar), but, yes, the 1st edition / 1st printings do not have a number line. Mine's a 1st, and has a price of $13.95 on the dj, if that helps.

RonClinton
09-26-2011, 02:17 AM
By the way, would this be a good time to mention the Fine/Fine 1st ed. HC I have of THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS...inscribed by the author to me?:cool:

srboone
09-26-2011, 04:20 AM
ABSOLUTELY!!!! Of course, showing it off in your collection thread is appropriate also...;)

RonClinton
09-26-2011, 05:13 AM
ABSOLUTELY!!!! Of course, showing it off in your collection thread is appropriate also...;)

Ask and ye shall receive...shots of it are now up on my collection thread. :)

srboone
09-26-2011, 05:18 AM
Thanks!!!:D:D:D:D