PDA

View Full Version : Sinister Grin Press

SinisterGrinPress
09-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Hello, everyone! Just wanted to let you know about our new press, Sinister Grin Press. We are officially launching the press this year in Vegas at Killercon. If you're going to be there, be sure to come hang out with us!

Here are our current projects coming out at the beginning of October, with much more to come in 2012.

Cut Corners Vol. 1 (Chapbook series)
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/smack41/CutCornersWeb.jpg
We'll be putting out a new chapbook every year!

Sacrifice by Wrath James White (Paperback)
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/smack41/SacrificeWeb.jpg
ďLas Vegas Homicide Detective, John Malloy, hates the weird cases, the difficult ones, the kind that make the cover of tabloids, the kind that make or break careers. Heís had enough weird cases to last him a lifetime. So, when a man is murdered in Green Valley, eaten alive by his own dog along with half the pets in the neighborhood, he knows this is going to be a bad one. The next day, an elementary school teacher is beaten to death by his students while being stung by thousands of bees. Then an ex-football player/heavyweight prizefighter is reduced to blood and bones by a swarm of insects, rats, dogs, cats and angry children. All over town, little girls are going missing and turning up starved, dehydrated and nearly catatonic. Somehow, itís all connected and itís up to Malloy and his partner, Detective Mohammed Rafik, to figure out how, and how all these deaths and disappearances are connected to a mysterious voodoo priestess named Delilah with the power to take away all of your hatred Ö all of your fear Ö all of your pain.Ē

Our first signed limited edition hardback, The Killings by J.F Gonzalez & Wrath James White, will be out early 2012! We'll post more as we get it.

And be sure to check us out on Facebook and our website, www.sinistergrinpress.com

kresby
09-15-2011, 09:01 PM
I am excited about the books you are offering but where and when can we actually order them? Can't find anything on your web site.

mhatchett
09-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Good Luck!! MDH

ozmosis7
09-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Looks awesome!

SinisterGrinPress
09-16-2011, 08:52 PM
We are officially launching the press at Killercon in Vegas...next week! We'll be selling our books there for the first time, and when we get home, we will be selling them from our website and amazon. I'll post more info after Killercon. If you're going to Vegas next week, come see me. First night, the beer's on us.

SinisterGrinPress
09-21-2011, 01:33 AM
Here is the cover to our upcoming limited edition hardback, The Killings, by J.F. Gonzalez and Wrath James White! Coming early 2012.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/smack41/KillingsCover.jpg

SinisterGrinPress
09-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Our first two books, Cut Corners Vol. 1 and Sacrifice, are both available for purchase at our website: www.sinistergrinpress.com

All purchases come with a free bookmark! Come show some love.

srboone
09-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Just bought Cut Corners vol.1 Looked too good to miss!

peteOcha
09-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Great covers!

HorrorScribe
09-30-2011, 04:19 PM
As I'm a huge fan of all three authors featured in Cut Corners Vol. 1, it is high on my list of books to purchase in the near future.

SinisterGrinPress
09-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks, srboone, for the support. You won't be disappointed. And thanks peteOcha, we are very proud of them.
HorrorScribe, we really appreciate that. We're already getting our lineup together for Vol. 2, and its damn exciting.

ozmosis7
09-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Very cool cover on this most recent one, as well. I agree with Horrorscribe.

srboone
09-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Got Cut Corners, vol. 1 today. Plus a cool bookmark and business card. Thanks, SG!

(Yay! my scanner works!)

ozmosis7
09-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Cool stuff!

SinisterGrinPress
09-30-2011, 09:53 PM
All right! I'm glad everything made it there safe and sound. Thanks again for the support. Now enjoy the mayhem!

SinisterGrinPress
10-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Just got this blurb for our chapbook, Cut Corners Vol. 1!

"Three tremendous tales by three tremendous writers."
--Edward Lee, author of Witch-Water and Lucifer's Lottery

SinisterGrinPress
10-14-2011, 07:39 PM
So far for 2012, we've got our limited edition The Killings coming out early. We are in talks with a few other amazing talents, and I'd like to announce the first one.

Coming early-mid 2012, a new novel by Nate Southard!

We are beyond excited to release a new book from Nate. More info about the project coming soon!

Ben Staad
10-15-2011, 06:42 PM
So far for 2012, we've got our limited edition The Killings coming out early. We are in talks with a few other amazing talents, and I'd like to announce the first one.

Coming early-mid 2012, a new novel by Nate Southard!

We are beyond excited to release a new book from Nate. More info about the project coming soon!

Sweet! I will be on the lookout for this. Nate is an awesome and full throttle author!

SinisterGrinPress
10-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Definitely. His book is going to be seriously awesome.

Stay tuned for more announcements coming soon!

bookworm 1
10-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Just finished cut corners. Awsome book.

SinisterGrinPress
11-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks, Bookworm! We're so pleased you enjoyed it. Keep a look out for our upcoming projects, they will be glorious.

SinisterGrinPress
06-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Sorry it's been so long since our last post, but we've been busy! We are officially taking orders for The Killings by J.F. Gonzalez and Wrath James White! Limited to 150 copies, so come and get em while we got em! We just opened our new online store at www.sinistergrinpress.com where you can place your order.

Also available in paperback, Down by Nate Southard! Order two or more books, and get a free copy of Cut Corners Vol. 1 by Ramsey Campbell, Bentley Little, and Ray Garton. Come play with us!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/smack41/DownCover.jpg

bookworm 1
06-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Sounds great.Thanks for the update.

SinisterGrinPress
02-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Hey, everyone. It's been a while since I've stopped by to give some updates. Our membership program has officially started. Get details at www.sinistergrinpress.com.

Our newest book, Voracious by Wrath James White is now available! The first title in our Grimace novella line.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/smack41/voracious-cover1_zps672fd9fa.jpg

Doctor Trevor Adams is a genius by all accounts. His ethics, however, leave a bit to be desired. When the Aphrodite Aesthetic Reconstruction Clinic hires him to create a genetic weight-loss treatment, Doctor Adams uses a synthetic retro virus to transport pygmy shrew DNA into clients willing to pay tens of thousands of dollars to be able to eat whatever they want without gaining a pound.

Pygmy Shrews have metabolisms so fast they don’t store fat cells and have to eat every two hours, twice their body-weight in food every day, or they will die. When they are hungry, they will attack and consume prey more than twice their size. They have fangs tipped with a red iron ore, saliva that contains a paralyzing neurotoxin, are the size of a quarter, and are considered to be some of the most vicious animals on earth. When Doctor Adams’s clients begin burning more calories than they can possibly consume, he is afraid he has made one terrible mistake.

bookworm 1
02-27-2013, 09:31 PM
I see by the cover you chose well the name for your new line.:o. Wrath is very sick. This sounds like a fun read.
Hey, everyone. It's been a while since I've stopped by to give some updates. Our membership program has officially started. Get details at www.sinistergrinpress.com.

Our newest book, Voracious by Wrath James White is now available! The first title in our Grimace novella line.

Doctor Trevor Adams is a genius by all accounts. His ethics, however, leave a bit to be desired. When the Aphrodite Aesthetic Reconstruction Clinic hires him to create a genetic weight-loss treatment, Doctor Adams uses a synthetic retro virus to transport pygmy shrew DNA into clients willing to pay tens of thousands of dollars to be able to eat whatever they want without gaining a pound.

Pygmy Shrews have metabolisms so fast they don’t store fat cells and have to eat every two hours, twice their body-weight in food every day, or they will die. When they are hungry, they will attack and consume prey more than twice their size. They have fangs tipped with a red iron ore, saliva that contains a paralyzing neurotoxin, are the size of a quarter, and are considered to be some of the most vicious animals on earth. When Doctor Adams’s clients begin burning more calories than they can possibly consume, he is afraid he has made one terrible mistake.

Tommy
02-28-2013, 08:42 PM

Pygmy Shrews have metabolisms so fast they donít store fat cells and have to eat every two hours, twice their body-weight in food every day, or they will die. When they are hungry, they will attack and consume prey more than twice their size. They have fangs tipped with a red iron ore, saliva that contains a paralyzing neurotoxin, are the size of a quarter, and are considered to be some of the most vicious animals on earth. When Doctor Adamsís clients begin burning more calories than they can possibly consume, he is afraid he has made one terrible mistake.

Will Cemetery Dance be getting any copies of this?

SinisterGrinPress
06-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Sorry for the late response, Tommy. Yes, CD did make an order for Voracious.

SinisterGrinPress
06-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Two new books now available for pre-order!

What Happens in the Darkness, a new novel by Monica J. O'Rourke is now available for pre-order. An apocalyptic vampire tale that fans of Monica's work will love.

Prey Drive (Succulent Prey II) by Wrath James White is also available for pre-order. If you read the first one, you absolutely cannot miss out on the sequel. Joseph Miles in super maximum security prison. Oh hell yeah.

Only 100 copies printed of each title. Grab one while you can. They're going fast!

http://sinistergrinpress.com/

SinisterGrinPress
06-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Also, in celebration of the World Horror Convention, all of SGP's available ebooks will be on sale for $.99 this week!

Do you prefer paperbacks? We are offering any 3 paperback books for $25 this week as well. Just send the payment (along with an extra $5 for shipping) through paypal to sinistergrinpress@gmail.com and make a note of which 3 books you want. All shipments will be made once we return from New Orleans!

srboone
06-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Nice deals, anonymous man of the sinister grin! I'll definitely check it out.

SinisterGrinPress
06-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Ha! The anonymous man is Shane McKenzie. :cool:

TJCams
06-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Is there a link so I can browse the e-books????

srboone
06-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Ha! The anonymous man is Shane McKenzie. :cool:

I know, you've posted here before. Just having fun! ;)

SinisterGrinPress
06-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Here you go, TJ!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_sabc?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&pageMinusResults=1&suo=1370984357867#/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=sinister%20grin%20press&sprefix=sinis%2Cdigital-text&rh=i%3Adigital-text%2Ck%3Asinister%20grin%20press

SinisterGrinPress
06-11-2013, 09:00 PM
srboone, it's all good! :D

TJCams
06-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Are there any plans to make the e-books available on formats other than for Kindle?

SinisterGrinPress
06-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Yes! I've already got them formatted. When I return home from World Horror in New Orleans, I'll be posting them up for most other formats. I'll post here once I've done that.

TJCams
06-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Awesome, it's a pain to try to convert the kindle to a format my Kobo can read. It doesn't always work either.

SinisterGrinPress
06-12-2013, 08:23 PM
I've got the epub files ready to go, I just need to upload them. Honestly, I meant to do this a long time ago.