Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which author is your favorite one that you discovered via Cemetery Dance??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which author is your favorite one that you discovered via Cemetery Dance??

For me, it's easy. Simon Clark!!! No idea how I missed him before, but I love his books!

Always heard of Tim Lebbon before but never read anything by him until 'Last Exit for the Lost' great stories in that book! Though it is hard to just choose 1 author, others like Norman Prentis, Chris Golden & Al Sarrantonio!

Comment

Kealan Patrick Burke. Prior to these boards had not come across him but am now in the process of making my way through all his books. The Timothy Quinn series was excellent and await with the next story with much anticipation.

Comment

Gotta be Ronald Kelly for me. Though I enjoyed Lebbon and Golden as well. To be honest, most of the authors CD publishes, I had never read. I had seen Ketchum, Laymon, Lee, et al. in bookstores over the years, but passed them up. King, Blatty, Bradbury and Sarrantonio were the only ones I'd read before joining the CDCC. But Kelly is my favorite discovery. I'm waiting on Kin, that will be my first Burke novel and The Mailman will be my first Little novel--tho I've read shorter works by both.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          Gotta be Ronald Kelly for me.
          Ron would have been my pick, but I already knew about him.

Comment

Well I would have to say Rick Hautala and Ron Kelly. I'm thrilled to have found both of these authors...thanks CD
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Mr. Kelly, Mr. Hautala, Mr. Burke ... Excuse me... Ron, Rick, and Kealan are all faves because of CD and the small press.

Comment

Richard Chizmar - not easy to find, but his short stories are worth the search. I'd like to read more.

Jan
                Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Can't pick just 1, lol. My top 5 favorite discoveries through CD are Brian Keene, Greg F Gifune, Kealan Patrick Burke, Norman Prentiss, and Douglas Clegg.
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

So far it's just Brian Keene. Maybe Bentley Little will be added once "The Mailman" comes in.

Comment

I'm still trying to work out what the first CD book I purchased was. I was certainly already aware of Tim and Mr Clark, as new UK horror writers were a rare thing back then. I remember being an avid reader of Horror World when Andy Fairclough ran it (I've even still got the old 3.5 inch disc with the anthology he published on it). Doug Clegg was one of my CD discovery highlights, and most probably Ed Lee. Just looking around the book shelves I certainly have 'one or two' CD books by the pair of them!
                      http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

Well let's see here, favorite authors discovered via Cemetery Dance would be in this order: Kealan Patrick Burke, Douglass Clegg and Jack Ketchum. Hours of entertainment! There are several other authors that are amazing and I am reading through there stuff now, like Al Sarrantonio, Ronald Kelley and George RR Martin. I am always up for a good read whatever genre.
                        -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
                        gamertag : calason

Comment

Never would have discovered Norman Partridge without CD. I don't think he's been mentioned at all.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Ray Garton. As soon as I discovered him, he jumped to the top of my favorite authors list. And there he's been ever since. I've tracked down as many of his CD releases as possible, but I'm lacking a few of the more rare/not for sale titles, such as The New Neighbor, Crawlers, Graven Image, and Vortex. Oh, and the new novella available only through the new Collector's Club. Maybe someday I'll find a way to complete my Garton special edition collection.
                            "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

Working...
                            X