http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?699
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Killing Ghost by Christopher Ransom

New Book Announced:
    Killing Ghost by Christopher Ransom

"Ransom’s style mimics that of the early Stephen King and Dan Simmons’s horror fiction."
    — Library Journal

Hi Folks!

Today we're pleased to announce Killing Ghost by Christopher Ransom, which we'll be publishing next year as a Trade Hardcover Edition, a signed Limited Edition hardcover with a print run of just 350 copies, and a Deluxe Lettered Edition of just 26 copies!

Killing Ghost
    by Christopher Ransom

About the Book:
    James Hastings once enjoyed a lucrative but hollow career pretending to be someone else. But when his wife Stacey dies tragically behind the Los Angeles mansion she so lovingly restored, James finds himself alone, spiraling into grief, and haunted by a familiar menace that is not ready for him to move on.

Salvation comes in the form of Annette Copeland, a beautiful widow who moves into the house next door. James and Annette bond quickly over the spousal losses they have suffered, but as their unconventional romance escalates, Annette begins to exhibit uncanny manners and desires that belong to Stacey. Concerned friends and former lovers who try to come between them meet with increasingly diabolical fates, and James becomes convinced Annette’s cosmetic changes are only the beginning of a horrific yet alluring case of possession.

Driven to isolation far outside of Los Angeles, James and his unstable companion return to the deserted gated community of Sheltering Palms, where evidence of Annette’s family tragedy is waiting for him, and James’s investigations unwillingly draw the attentions of two dangerous personalities: Rick Butterfield, a delusional policeman who knows Annette’s history and still pines for her; and Aaron, a 10-year-old boy who wanders the desolate subdivision nightly, waiting for his parents to come home.

With every attempt to atone for his failings as a husband plunging James deeper into a nightmare struggle for survival, he must finally confront the ghost of the man he used to be, the origin of his resurrected other half, and the true face of the evil that has brought them together.

Killing Ghost is at once a descent into psychological terror, a midnight meditation of the addictive nature of love, and a novel that redefines the ghost story for a culture obsessed with dark entertainments.

Previously published in the UK as The Haunting of James Hastings, this Cemetery Dance hardcover edition brings the novel to the US for the first time.

CLICK HERE to purchase this product

CLICK HERE to discuss this product

Instagram

Comment

Sounds great!!!

Comment

Ordered!!!! The Birthing House was a pretty good read. Thought I give this book a try!!!
        " a.k.a brother odd"

Comment

I keep going back and re-reading the description on this... intriguing.

Comment

Oh... and I had a mini-Big Wheel that looked almost exactly like the one on the cover!

Comment

I got an advanced reader's copy of Killing Ghost as part of "ARC 5.0", and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I feel bad that this thread is languishing at the bottom of the forum, so I'm bumping it to the top to remind people that the book is available, and to suggest they buy it. Here is a review I posted on thedarktower.org:

I just finished reading my ARC of "Killing Ghost" by Christoper Ransom. I really enjoy reading stories where a sequence of events happen that all seem fairly logical at the time, but then when you get to the end of the book you think back to the beginning and say, "How the hell did I end up here?" I thought that this was an excellent book, and would be thoroughly enjoyed by fans of ghost stories, haunted house stories, or just plain weird stories. Specifically, I would say it is similar in content and theme to "The Shining".

Spoiler!

For the past couple weeks, I've been calling the author of this book "Christopher Ransome" and couldn't figure out why. Then I noticed that his name is misspelled on the spine of the ARC; such is their nature, I suppose.

The book's creepy and wayward nature reminded me of David Wong's "John Dies at the End", and made me wonder if CD has ever heard of that book, the soon-to-be-released movie based on it, or the upcoming sequel, "This Book is Full of Spiders". I'd love to see a deluxe/illustrated version of those.

Comment

I have this ARC on my TBR pile. THanks for posting your thoughts. I may have to bump it to the top of the pile.
                Originally posted by Robert Fulman View Post
                I got an advanced reader's copy of Killing Ghost as part of "ARC 5.0", and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I feel bad that this thread is languishing at the bottom of the forum, so I'm bumping it to the top to remind people that the book is available, and to suggest they buy it. Here is a review I posted on thedarktower.org:

I just finished reading my ARC of "Killing Ghost" by Christoper Ransom. I really enjoy reading stories where a sequence of events happen that all seem fairly logical at the time, but then when you get to the end of the book you think back to the beginning and say, "How the hell did I end up here?" I thought that this was an excellent book, and would be thoroughly enjoyed by fans of ghost stories, haunted house stories, or just plain weird stories. Specifically, I would say it is similar in content and theme to "The Shining".

Spoiler!

For the past couple weeks, I've been calling the author of this book "Christopher Ransome" and couldn't figure out why. Then I noticed that his name is misspelled on the spine of the ARC; such is their nature, I suppose.

The book's creepy and wayward nature reminded me of David Wong's "John Dies at the End", and made me wonder if CD has ever heard of that book, the soon-to-be-released movie based on it, or the upcoming sequel, "This Book is Full of Spiders". I'd love to see a deluxe/illustrated version of those.

Comment

It's on my TBR too, just don't know when..looks like 2 or 3 away...

I never noticed that it's "Ransome" on th spine!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    It's on my TBR too, just don't know when..looks like 2 or 3 away...

I never noticed that it's "Ransome" on th spine!
                    Yeah, the last time we made a mistake like that on an ARC was for Dark Arts... which Mindy accidentally typed as DART ARTS on the spine and we all missed it, ha!

Brian
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

So you're blaming Mindy for this?
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        So you're blaming Mindy for this?
                        Naw, she doesn't work on the ARCs anymore. Whenever something like this slips through, it's everyone's fault!

Brian
                        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

The page for Killing Ghost shows the publication date as 4/24. Any chance that actually is going to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Fulman View Post
                            The page for Killing Ghost shows the publication date as 4/24. Any chance that actually is going to happen?
                            The books are here, but we have to ship The Dropper first. The Dropper should only take a day or two, so I would imagine we'll probably start on Killing Ghost in the second half of this week.

Instagram

Comment

Great, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X