PDA

View Full Version : The Essential Ronald Kelly Collection

Ronald Kelly
08-27-2011, 04:29 AM
Beginning in September of 2011, Thunderstorm Books will publish the Essential Ronald Kelly Collection. This accumilative set will include all 8 of the original Zebra novels published between 1990 and 1996. Each edition will boast full-color covers by Alex McVey, a brand-new bonus novella or extra-long short story linked to characters and locations in the original novel, and a "Writing of" feature on how I came up with the idea for the novel and the creative process behind it. The books will also feature spines which -- set side-by-side -- form a panoramic piece of Alex McVey artwork. All the books in the Essential Collection will be a "Supercell" series and will be of the same size and high-quality production values of the Black Voltage titles.

Book One of the Essentials will be:

Book Two of the Essentials will be:

bsaenz24
08-27-2011, 03:52 PM
I have been waiting ssssssooooooooo long for these books in hardback period!! And now to have them coming in deluxe signe limited with bonus stories/novellas!! That's just perfect!!

Antmusic
08-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Brad, we've been waiting "ssssssooooooooo" long, but Ron's been waiting SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO LONG! ! ! ! ! !

JDar.
08-27-2011, 04:49 PM
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ;)

WOW - love the idea of the spine art . . . . and Alex McVey is one of my fave artists.

srboone
08-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Love the idea of the spine art, especially since the spine of ATB did not have the title on in. Will a slipcase be made to house them, to show it off, Ron?

Ronald Kelly
08-27-2011, 08:47 PM
No plans for a slipcase yet, Squire. It would be a whopper of one. Each book will be pretty thick... at around 350 to 450 pages each.

srboone
08-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Hey, maybe you could convince them to make some Ronald Kelly bust bookends! How awesome (and egomaniacal) would that be!

Antmusic
08-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Yeah... it would look something like this:

351 Insert Books Here 352

Antmusic
08-28-2011, 12:00 AM
On second thought, that would REALLY creep out anyone that visits...

Ronald Kelly
08-28-2011, 12:07 AM
That creeps ME out, Robert!

(If you do make a pair, could you give me more hair and a little less gray, please?)

Ben Staad
08-28-2011, 01:58 AM
Yeah... it would look something like this:

351 Insert Books Here 352

Ummmm...with all due respect to Mr.Kelly I think I will pass on these! LOL

gsconquest
08-29-2011, 05:30 AM
I've been wanting to check out Mr. Kelly's work. Now it looks like I will have plenty opportunity. Congratulations to you also, Mr. Kelly, for having this set done. From what I have read on these forums it seems like you are well overdue for this type of recognition.

bsaenz24
10-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Ron just posted that Fear and Undertaker's Moon are both available for shipping!!! Awesome news!!!!

http://thunderstormbooks.com/fear.php

http://www.thunderstormbooks.com/undertaker.php

Ronald Kelly
10-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Dang, hoss... you beat me to the punch! :)

Thanks for posting it, Brad. I'm right excited about it myself!! :D

bsaenz24
10-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Sorry Ron...couldn't help myself...but in all fairness, I TOLD YOU I was excited!!! ;)

peteOcha
10-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Great news!! :)

srboone
10-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Ordered both. Couldn't help it...not that I put up too hard a fight...:o

peteOcha
10-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Ordered both. Couldn't help it...not that I put up too hard a fight...:o

Well, at least you tried, that's what matters!

of course you didn't, but lets just pretend that we try to control impulses to buy awesome books! :)

srboone
10-18-2011, 12:03 AM
And in case anybody is wondering, you will get matching numbers if you order direct from Thunderstorm Books--Paul just emailed me.

srboone
10-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Yay!!! They're in the mail!

Of course, I'm reading War & Peace right now, so they'll have to wait...:(:):D:cool:

frik51
10-19-2011, 06:04 AM
I've never read anything by Ronald Kelly.
Am I missing something good?

sk

peteOcha
10-19-2011, 01:10 PM
I've never read anything by Ronald Kelly.
Am I missing something good?

sk

You sure are!! Give him a shot, I can't think of a reason why you would come to regret it!

peteOcha
10-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Look through some of your anthologies, maybe you'll come across something by him there...

He has a story in Shivers V, if you have it.

srboone
10-19-2011, 01:44 PM
He also has something in Cd mags #1, #3, #6 , #24, & #25, if you've got those. And Kelly has something in The best of Cemetery Dance if you have it. (I know Grant does.)

frik51
10-19-2011, 06:24 PM
No Shivers V, no CD mags, no Best of CD.
Maybe I should just order one of the limiteds mentioned above.

sk

Dan Hocker
10-19-2011, 06:33 PM
No Shivers V, no CD mags, no Best of CD.
Maybe I should just order one of the limiteds mentioned above.

sk

If you have any semblance of ereader and you're looking for something inexpensive, we have Midnight Grinding which is a collection by Ron. I think it's 4.99, can't remember though.

srboone
10-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Here's a link to his website with a story in the "Samples" section, Siep.

http://ronaldkelly.com/sample.html

frik51
10-19-2011, 06:38 PM
If you have any semblance of ereader and you're looking for something inexpensive, we have Midnight Grinding which is a collection by Ron. I think it's 4.99, can't remember though.

I''ve got Kindle. But that only works for Amazon, doesn't it?

sk

frik51
10-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Here's a link to his website with a story in the "Samples" section, Siep.

http://ronaldkelly.com/sample.html

Thanks, Squire, I'll be checking this out for sure!

sk

Dan Hocker
10-19-2011, 06:39 PM
I''ve got Kindle. But that only works for Amazon, doesn't it?

sk

http://www.amazon.com/Midnight-Grinding-ebook/dp/B005C68A36/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1319045965&sr=8-2

It should also be in the UK, German, and French amazon stores.

frik51
10-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks, Dan!!

sk

srboone
10-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Siep, if you get MG for the Kindle, Read Forever Angels. It's the story that made me a Kelly fan and one of the best I've read!

frik51
10-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Forever Angels it'll be. Thanks for the suggestion, Squire!

sk

Ronald Kelly
10-19-2011, 08:47 PM
BTW, those who decide to buy the entire 8-volume Essentials collection directly from Thunderstorm will receive a free hardcover chapbook with a new story from each of the following four authors: Scott Nicholson, Bryan Smith, James Newman, and Nate Southard.

A firestorm of Southern Horror! Sounds pretty danged tempting to me... ;)

srboone
10-20-2011, 12:47 AM
I've already decided I'm on board for all eight! Even without the chapbook!

bsaenz24
10-20-2011, 02:34 AM
Me too!!

thelion
10-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Yep. I'm in too. I just ordered the first two from Thunderstorm and I'll get the others as they are released.

peteOcha
10-20-2011, 10:21 AM
I can't wait to have them all on my shelf! The spines are supposed to form a picture if i remember correctly?

srboone
10-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Yes, a piece by Alex McVey. Can't wait to see it. Should be here on Monday!

Greenelk
10-20-2011, 10:49 PM
don't suppose anyone knows what the shipping to the UK is for Thunderstorm books....

srboone
10-20-2011, 11:08 PM
email Paul at info@thunderstormbooks.com. He's great at answering queries ASAP!

peteOcha
10-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Yes, a piece by Alex McVey. Can't wait to see it. Should be here on Monday!

Lucky! It'll probably be a while before my copies get to Europe. But when they do come.... :)

srboone
10-24-2011, 10:01 PM
The books look great, Ron. Of course, I'm tackling War & Peace right now....

bsaenz24
10-26-2011, 03:52 AM
YYYYYAAAAAYYY!!! My copies of UM and Fear are on their way!!

I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!!

(DEEP BREATH....)

I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!!

srboone
10-26-2011, 04:05 AM
You need to learn to open up and let your true feelings come through; repression causes premature grey hair...;)

bsaenz24
10-27-2011, 04:43 AM
My copies of UM and Fear are here!! What beautiful books and I was lucky enough to get them remarqued by Ron himself!! The remarques were fantastic!! I think Ron should do a limited edition someday that he illustrates himself. Too much talent in one guy!!

srboone
10-27-2011, 05:07 AM
I'm waiting on my copies inscribed to me with remarques by Ron, also. Never seen a piece of his before, but I jumped at the chance to have him remarque them. Maybe you could post a shot of your remarques!:D:D

ChrisWood
11-03-2011, 06:51 AM
My copies of UM and Fear just arrived... and they look bloody great!

Thunderstorm do a superb job and I'm glad I'm a member. Having the full collection of this Supercell line will look fantastic on my bookshelf... and the best part will be horror between the pages.

sweeper4football
11-07-2011, 09:22 PM
My copies of Undertakers Moon and Fear arrived today. Very pleased indeed!

sweeper4football
11-07-2011, 09:23 PM
I just wanted to ask you about your essential series by Thunderstorm books, will Pitfall, Blood Kin and Father's Little Helper be in the eight books selected?

Jason.

Ronald Kelly
11-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Yes, Jason, all three of those books will be part of the eight volume Essentials. I'm really looking forward to writing the bonus novellas that go with them.

Ronald Kelly
11-08-2011, 10:26 PM
BTW, Undertaker's Moon is now available as an e-book at Crossroad Press, Amazon Kindle, and Barnes & Noble Nook.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/undertakers-moon-ronald-kelly/1107001757

http://store.crossroadpress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=101_22_28&products_id=479&zenid=f3rqt3nrvv86subde1mmjprbk6

http://www.amazon.com/Undertakers-Moon-ebook/dp/B0060OEBG4/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1320791094&sr=1-1

Still not as good as holding that lavish tome that Thunderstorm is offering, though. Still copies left at TB, if you want one...

srboone
11-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the remarques, Ron, they're great! You seemed surprised when I told you that I had seen a remarque you did for ATB; I hope you don't mind your drawings being posted...because I posted the two you made for me...:o

Don't let me prevent you from finishing AD&BG! ;)

Ronald Kelly
11-13-2011, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the remarques, Ron, they're great! You seemed surprised when I told you that I had seen a remarque you did for ATB; I hope you don't mind your drawings being posted...because I posted the two you made for me...:o

Don't let me prevent you from finishing AD&BG! ;)

Seems like I'm busy preventing myself from finishing AD&BG lately, Squire. Part of it was due to my hernia recovery, which slowed me down a bit with several projects, while part of it has to do with remarquing and shipping copies of UM and Fear for family and friends (which I want to do, honestly). There's also the matter of coming to a point in the novel where a particular scene has reached a crucial point and, frankly, it's just not working to my satisfaction. Just something every writer has to work out for himself sooner or later (wish it was sooner, than later). Plus, I'm getting the next volume of the Essentials -- The Dark'Un -- edited and polished, and the new novella written, which is slowing me down as well. So, you see, I've got many irons in the fire... hopefully all of them hot. :)

Ben Staad
11-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Seems like I'm busy preventing myself from finishing AD&BG lately, Squire. Part of it was due to my hernia recovery, which slowed me down a bit with several projects, while part of it has to do with remarquing and shipping copies of UM and Fear for family and friends (which I want to do, honestly). There's also the matter of coming to a point in the novel where a particular scene has reached a crucial point and, frankly, it's just not working to my satisfaction. Just something every writer has to work out for himself sooner or later (wish it was sooner, than later). Plus, I'm getting the next volume of the Essentials -- The Dark'Un -- edited and polished, and the new novella written, which is slowing me down as well. So, you see, I've got many irons in the fire... hopefully all of them hot. :)

Sounds like it's an exciting time for Ronald Kelly and his fans! Keep up the great work.

peteOcha
11-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Oh I'm sure they're all hot Ron! Keep up the great work!

Antmusic
11-13-2011, 05:11 PM
As a reader and fan, I want you to be satisfied with what you're giving us.
In other words, take whatever time you need to finish the stories the way you want them to be.
Yes, you probably have deadlines and meeting them is part of the whole thing...but I don't want to read factory output, I want to read Ronald Kelly stories! ;)

Keep up the great work!

bsaenz24
11-13-2011, 06:34 PM
In other words, take whatever time you need to finish the stories the way you want them to be.
Yes, you probably have deadlines and meeting them is part of the whole thing...but I don't want to read factory output, I want to read Ronald Kelly stories! ;)

Keep up the great work!

Well said!! I agree with Ant.

Ben Staad
11-13-2011, 06:53 PM

Keep up the great work!

What he said! :)

Ronald Kelly
11-14-2011, 01:40 AM
I sincerely appreciate your votes of confidence, gentleman. True, I've been spreading myself a little thin lately, trying to write, work a full-time job plus overtime, and raising three rambunctious young'uns all at the same time. If I were at home 24/7, writing for a living like many of today's successful horror authors, things would be much more simple and productive... and less stressful. But right now, I'm playing the role of a juggler and sometimes it seems nearly impossible to keep all the balls in the air at one time.

Rest assured, I'm giving it my best. When I write a story or novel, I put myself in your shoes and write it the way I would like to read and enjoy it for the first time. If I ever disappoint you, please don't hesitate to email Ol' Ron and rake my butt over the coals. :)

bsaenz24
11-14-2011, 02:30 AM
... If I ever disappoint you, please don't hesitate to email Ol' Ron and rake my butt over the coals. :)

Yes, but if we did that, how would you sit to write more books for us???? ;)

LoStAlIvE
12-08-2011, 05:59 AM
I have mine on the way.
I am hoping Paul makes a slipcase or something to hold all 8 books in the series because the spines of the books forms a picture.

Ronald Kelly
12-09-2011, 02:12 AM
That would be great... but unfortunately I don't think Paul has any plans to make a slipcase for the Essentials. It would be massive!

bsaenz24
12-09-2011, 02:48 AM
I am willing to accept two four volume slipcases!! :rolleyes:

Ben Staad
12-09-2011, 02:51 AM
That would be great... but unfortunately I don't think Paul has any plans to make a slipcase for the Essentials. It would be massive!

That's a good thing! The more the merrier.

adamjames
12-10-2011, 04:17 AM
Still waiting on my hardcovers, but I have the e-books to keep me company.

LoStAlIvE
12-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Mine came today in the mail the 1st two copies of the series. They look great.
Ronald you have any idea when the next two will be coming out?

bsaenz24
12-13-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm about 1/4 was through Undertaker's Moon and it is absolutely fantastic!! The greatest thing about Ron's writing is that is sucks you in within pages and pulls you kicking and screaming to the horrific end. Ron's writing gives me the same feeling as when I read Ray Bradbury or Stephen King. "Listening" to Ron's narrative voice is like sitting around with an old friend who has this great story to tell and is a natural storyteller.

I can't wait to get to Fear and the rest of the Essential RK books!!!

Endless Horror Tale
12-19-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm still waiting on my copies of these first two books in the series. Looking forward to reading "Undertaker's Moon" especially. Been on a bit of a werewolf book kick as of late (just recently finished reading "The Last Werewolf" and "The Howling"), and I'm interested to see RK's spin on the genre.

Ronald Kelly
12-19-2011, 07:42 PM
The remarques have been much more time-consuming than I figured, Jon. I'll have yours out to you soon. I think you'll enjoy UM and its novella prequel, "The Spawn of Arget Bethir".

Endless Horror Tale
12-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks, Ron! I can't wait to check them out! I noticed that you'd mentioned the next two books in the series were going to be "The Dark'Un" and "Hindsight" - any ballpark on when those will be released?

jester05jk
12-20-2011, 03:51 AM
The remarques have been much more time-consuming than I figured, Jon. I'll have yours out to you soon. I think you'll enjoy UM and its novella prequel, "The Spawn of Arget Bethir".

That sounds like a good thing, kind of.

bookworm 1
01-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Any idea when the trade paper back editions will be released?

Ronald Kelly
01-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Any idea when the trade paper back editions will be released?

Can't say exactly when the trade paperbacks will be released. I don't think Roy at Bad Moon has scheduled them in yet. I'll check and see what I can find out.

bookworm 1
01-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Thanks .Timber Gray arrived today.I hope to start it this weekend after what you said about it.

jester05jk
01-25-2012, 03:42 AM
Wait for the next snowstorm, it'll help with some atmosphere.

srboone
01-25-2012, 04:09 AM
In Kansas City, that would mean "maybe next year..." We've had one day of light snow so far. I miss snow...

jester05jk
01-25-2012, 05:53 AM
We had snow last weekend and right before Halloween. But I figured upstate NY gets it a fair amount more.

srboone
01-25-2012, 05:55 AM
<sigh> It's forty degrees outside, dry as a bone <sigh>

bookworm 1
01-25-2012, 11:34 PM
We had snow last weekend and right before Halloween. But I figured upstate NY gets it a fair amount more.Usually but for some
strange reason the snow gods have been unkind to us this year.We almost had to cancel last weekends snowshoe hike with the boy scouts.This weekend is calling for snow showers.We need that next big storm.So if I wait I could wait for a long time.We have had a lot of sub zero weather though.Can't wait to see my heating bill.

bookworm 1
02-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Ok I guess I will blame squire for this.I just purchased both of these titles.Can't say anything except THANK YOU SQUIRE FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT SALES MAN WHEN IT COMES TO MR. KELLY.:).

srboone
02-04-2012, 10:13 PM
I accept the blame and moral responsibility (but not financial;)) for that, BW. Ron doesn't get the recognition he deserves. I never would have discovered his works if I hadn't gotten a notice from Amazon that King's Blockade Billy was set to be published as trade HC, with the first edition being printed by CD. I went to the website, ordered Midnight Grinding and I was hooked.

jester05jk
02-04-2012, 11:19 PM
You are also to blame for my new fascination with his works. I sincerely thank you a gazillion times over.

srboone
02-04-2012, 11:34 PM
You're welcome a gazillion times over. How many zeroes is that?:confused:

Antmusic
02-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Ronald Kelly's story style is very addicting. In a different vain, I'm also addicted to Brian James Freeman's works... But they are very different.

srboone
02-05-2012, 05:39 AM
How many zeroes is that?:confused:

I feel like answering my own question (to prevent anyone form actually searching for the answer--and getting the headache that I got from the expereince.)

Most entries I found say that "Gazillion" is a ficticous number. But one blog entry read (and I paraphrase):

From the root "gazzen", Latin for “earthly edge”, or "end of the earth", abbreviated to gaz (literally 28810 ancient Greek miles, being one full revolution of the globe) So how much is a Gazillion?

a Gazillion has (28810 x 3) zeros

86430 zeroes!

here's where I found this little nugget:

http://gregology.net/Reference/gazillion/

My hed hurtz reel bad....

peteOcha
02-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Well, at least you put the internet to good use Squire!

srboone
02-06-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't know about "good" use, but I did pull up another bit of useless trivia to add to my collection:o

bookworm 1
02-06-2012, 10:46 PM
I feel like answering my own question (to prevent anyone form actually searching for the answer--and getting the headache that I got from the expereince.)

Most entries I found say that "Gazillion" is a ficticous number. But one blog entry read (and I paraphrase):

From the root "gazzen", Latin for “earthly edge”, or "end of the earth", abbreviated to gaz (literally 28810 ancient Greek miles, being one full revolution of the globe) So how much is a Gazillion?

a Gazillion has (28810 x 3) zeros

86430 zeroes!

here's where I found this little nugget:

http://gregology.net/Reference/gazillion/

My hed hurtz reel bad....Do you like Styx?Because you have to muchtime on your hands.

srboone
02-06-2012, 10:53 PM
I thought this guy was cool, back in the stone age...

Ronald Kelly
02-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the positive remarks about my writing, guys. You keep buying 'em, and I'll keep writing 'em.

Oh, and "Mr. Roboto" is my three-year-old's favorite song, after "Swing Lo, Sweet Chariot". Go figure... he's weird like his old man.

Antmusic
02-08-2012, 09:27 PM
My son got a "Mr. Roboto" singing birthday card and he loves it too.

TerryE
02-09-2012, 10:27 PM
AAArrrrGGGHHHHhhh... I hated Mr. Roboto. That was the horrid death knell of a once great band. Now if you want to talk about "The Grand Illusion"....

bsaenz24
02-10-2012, 03:53 AM
AAArrrrGGGHHHHhhh... I hated Mr. Roboto. That was the horrid death knell of a once great band. Now if you want to talk about "The Grand Illusion"....

It's always been a toss up to me...Grand Illusion or Pieces of Eight.....Tough call...Miss America vs Great White Hope.

TerryE
02-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Songwise, I think my favorite has to be Prelude 12/Suite Madame Blue from Equinox.

goathunter
02-11-2012, 03:31 AM
"Miss America" and "Suite Madame Blue" are my favorites---along with "Mr. Roboto." I can't help it!

Hunter

Ronald Kelly
02-11-2012, 05:03 AM
I like "Blue-Collar Man", too.

Randy D. Rubin
02-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Put me in for 'Laurali' or 'Loreli'; I like that song by Styx the best. Then, 'The Grand Illusion'.

Martin
02-11-2012, 04:24 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Renegade yet.

Antmusic
02-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Um... Desert Moon? ;)

bsaenz24
02-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Um... Desert Moon? ;)

I actually liked that song way back when....it's funny, I saw STYX when they released Edge of the Century w/o Tommy Shaw in the band and still liked them, but for some reason, I just can't stand the thought of seeing them without Dennis Deyoung.

srboone
02-11-2012, 07:10 PM
I have to admit, I can only remember a few Styx songs. "Renegade", "Mr. Roboto", "Come Sail Away" and the B-side to Renegae "Sing for the Day"; I never really was into music growing up, so I can't name you a whole bunch, but if I hear it, I might recognize it.

TerryE
02-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Um... Desert Moon? ;)

Ugh. Go back to Goody Two Shoes.

bsaenz24
02-13-2012, 09:05 PM
I actually met the band STYX in person after they released the DVD Return to Paradise which was a show I was actually at.

srboone
02-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Actually, Brad?;)

peteOcha
02-13-2012, 10:13 PM
"He taught me to pee on a building and that STYX is the greatest band in the world and they only got a bad rep because most critics are cynical Assholes!" Big Daddy

srboone
02-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Good one, Pete!

http://broodmare.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/monkey_cymbal.gif?w=450

bookworm 1
02-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Got my books today need to catch up on reading real bad so I can get to these.Trying like heck to be good and read stuff on my TBR list that has been there for a really LOOOOONG time.

Ronald Kelly
02-14-2012, 05:12 AM
Naw... you know you want to skip all those books and read one of mine. What shall it be... Undertaker's Moon or Fear? You can do it in the dead of night, beneath the bedcovers, with a flashlight. No one will know you did. Go on... read 'em. You know you want to...

halyndon
03-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Hi Ronald,

Any idea when Dark'un will be released?

Thanks,

Rob

Ronald Kelly
03-28-2012, 10:18 PM
I got behind schedule on getting to work on THE DARK'UN because of my surgery last year. I just finished the novel manuscript and submitted it to Thunderstorm. I'm working on the novella and "Writing of" feature now. Hopefully we'll have it in your hands sometime this fall.

bsaenz24
03-29-2012, 01:02 AM
Take your time Ron. It's the quality of your writing we look for, not the speed of the book release.

bookworm 1
03-29-2012, 08:20 PM
That is true.Plus a fall release means I will have money to buy it right away.

Endless Horror Tale
04-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Got my books a couple of days ago! Many thanks, Ron! I've been extremely busy this weekend, but I plan on cracking open Undertaker's Moon this evening when I can finally take more than a few minutes' worth of downtime.

Thanks again,

Jon

Ronald Kelly
04-10-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm glad you like the books, Jon. Sorry for the long delay. I'm slowly getting to the bottom of the list now, so, for those of you who haven't recieved your copies yet, it shouldn't be much longer.

Ronald Kelly
08-26-2012, 02:57 AM
Paul at Thunderstorm says that The Essential Ronald Kelly Collection Volume #3: THE DARK'UN, should be shipping around the end of August. Here's the cover by Alex McVey:

Essential #4: HINDSIGHT should be back from the printer and ready to ship around Christmas time. :)

mhatchett
08-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Excellent!! Looking forward to it!!

bookworm 1
08-27-2012, 01:54 AM
Same here can not wait.

bookworm 1
08-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Ordered mine today.So happy this is finally coming out.Looks very good.

peteOcha
08-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Nice! Keep em' coming Ron! :)

peteOcha
08-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Ordered mine today.So happy this is finally coming out.Looks very good.

Good choice BW!

bookworm 1
08-30-2012, 01:00 AM
No!!!!!!!!!!! Really????:D
Good choice BW!

Ronald Kelly
08-31-2012, 08:28 PM
THE DARK'UN is now in stock and ready to order!

http://thunderstormbooks.com/darkun.php

Ben Staad
08-31-2012, 08:30 PM

Woot! Congrats Mr. Kelly.

bookworm 1
09-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Not only ready to order.....I got mine in the mail today.:).Will try and post pics before I have to leave for work.

bookworm 1
09-01-2012, 01:27 AM
Picks posted in my collection thread.Very nice book.Looking forward to the next one.

LoStAlIvE
09-01-2012, 05:39 PM
I got mine yesterday afternoon very surprised and happy to get it.
Just to think the next one will be out in Dec. four down and four to go.

Ben Staad
10-04-2012, 02:26 AM
I got mine yesterday afternoon very surprised and happy to get it.
Just to think the next one will be out in Dec. four down and four to go.

Congrats! This is a sharp looking book and I'm hopeful these have sold well. Ron is a great guy and a wonderful writer who gets far less recognition than he should.

adamjames
10-04-2012, 05:41 AM
Still waiting on mine, but good things come to those who wait. Excited to see what The Dark 'Un looks like next to the others.

Ben Staad
10-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Woot! The next book in the series will be out earlier than the end of the year!

bookworm 1
10-07-2012, 07:18 PM
I know isn't that great news.Even better with my refund from Darkfuse from the book club and with everything I have sold so far on ebay the next book will not cost me anything out of pocket.

Ben Staad
10-07-2012, 10:47 PM
I know isn't that great news.Even better with my refund from Darkfuse from the book club and with everything I have sold so far on ebay the next book will not cost me anything out of pocket.

That is awesome!

Ben Staad
10-21-2012, 01:19 AM
I just noticed the art section on your website. That was a nice series showing the development of the cover for UM.

bookworm 1
11-01-2012, 01:29 AM
Hindsight is now out and my copy was ordered yesterday and is on it's way today.I can not wait for this to get here.

Ben Staad
11-01-2012, 02:54 AM
Hindsight is now out and my copy was ordered yesterday and is on it's way today.I can not wait for this to get here.

Great looking cover on that one. I haven't read that book but I'm betting it's pretty damn good.

srboone
11-01-2012, 05:25 AM
Ordered mine today. I'm number 77 for the set.

bookworm 1
11-01-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm number 56.Weird because I did not order till after you had been talking up the first 2 books.

srboone
11-02-2012, 01:45 PM
My Hindsight is on it's way, but I didn't get an email from Paul this time telling me; I ordered it based on what i saw here. I hope my "77" line is still intact.

bookworm 1
11-02-2012, 11:29 PM
I did not get an e-mail either.I was checking out Brian Keenes web site and he had a post on Malstorm 3 set almost being sold out and I jumped over to have a look see and went to the catalog page and there it was.I am sure he goes through his list as there are only 100 sets.Pretty much the same people are ordering it.I hope.

bookworm 1
11-05-2012, 12:52 AM
I was checking out the deadite site and went over to the forum.The thunderstorm book section has a message from Paul about being behind on things like e-mail due to family and personal issues.That is more then likely why we did not get e-mails about Hindsight.Hope Paul gets well soon.

peteOcha
11-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Off topic, but congrats on passing the 3000 mark BW.:)

bookworm 1
11-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Wow.I did it!!!! now on to 4000.:o
Off topic, but congrats on passing the 3000 mark BW.:)

srboone
11-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Keep chuggin', BW!

bookworm 1
11-14-2012, 01:25 AM
Guess what? Hindsight came in the mail today.Yep still #56.Squire I told you Paul would take care of things.:D.Beautiful book.Congrats Ron on getting this out.

Ronald Kelly
01-14-2014, 11:37 AM
It's my sincere intention to finish up the Essential Ronald Kelly Collection in 2014 (which seems possible, considering the amount of work I've put out during the past 14 days of the new year). Paul says Essential #5: PITFALL should be out sometime in May and I'm hoping we can put out the last three between spring and winter. Through hard work and the grace of God, I believe we can get 'er done. :)

T-Dogz_AK47
01-14-2014, 12:04 PM
Sweet!!! :cool:

Ben Staad
01-14-2014, 05:00 PM
That is very good news.

srboone
09-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Twelve Gauge (Essential #6) is up for order at http://thunderstormbooks.com/thunderstorm/

bookworm 1
09-23-2014, 02:41 PM
My shipping notice came yesterday.:).

RJK1981
09-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Ordered this with the blessing of my wife yesterday! :D At some point I'll need to get a hold Hindsight, but that'll have to wait for a little while. Until Ron told me Twelve Gauge was going to be up on their site later that day or the next I was afraid I had missed out on it since it showed up on the history page at Thunderstorm but wasn't listed for sale. Was relieved that I didn't have to hunt it down later, lol. Hopefully the last 2 Essentials books don't go up too soon now, lol, don't wanna press the buying too much or my wife may not be as ok with it, lol

RJK1981
09-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Got my shipping notice earlier today, which is great :D Ordered yesterday, so wasn't expecting it to ship today

srboone
09-25-2014, 07:08 AM
#77 will be in my hands on Monday!

RJK1981
09-26-2014, 02:26 AM
#84 is scheduled to be here on Tuesday, which means it'll probably be here Monday or Saturday

srboone
09-27-2014, 03:19 PM
Got mine yesterday. 6 down, 2 to go. Then...the chapbook of new stories by Scott Nicholson, Bryan Smith, James Newman, and Nate Southard for those who buy all 8 directly from Thunderstorm!

bookworm 1
09-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Forgot about the chap book. Those are four pretty hardcore writers. That should be a great little book.

RJK1981
09-28-2014, 08:26 PM
I didn't forget, but won't qualify for a copy anyway

mhatchett
10-09-2014, 01:52 AM
What the Hell Ron!! Mr. Glow-Bones, why are you keeping us in the Dark!! Where's the CD forum Love??? LOL!!! Any chance we'll see a hardcopy? Chime in Squire!!
MDH

srboone
10-09-2014, 03:44 AM
I'd like to see one! Half the stories I've read, but I'm curious to know if "The Halloween Train" is the original short short from Deena Warner's 2011 Halloween Card or if it is an expansion on the story.

http://www.deenawarner.net/halloween11.php

Which reminds me, it's that time of the year. If you haven't signed up to get a card, now's the time to do it!

http://www.deenawarner.net/halloween-form.php

bugen
10-09-2014, 04:20 AM
Thanks Squire!

RJK1981
10-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Completed my collection of the Essentials line to date, just need 7 and 8 when they're published :D:cool:

srboone
10-13-2014, 03:50 AM
Completed my collection of the Essentials line to date, just need 7 and 8 when they're published :D:cool:

Sweet! Nice going, Rob! :cool:

RJK1981
10-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Thanks, very happy to have been able to afford to get them all now. It's too bad I didn't have the money before so I could get a matching set of the whole line and get the free book at the end, but oh well, I'll hopefully be able to purchase the next 2 as they come out and will have ordered 5 of the 8 direct from the publisher and have matching numbers for the final 4. Was also able to get Restless Shadows, his novel released in Thunderstorm's Black Voltage line, so have been able to get all of his books published by them now since I bought Undertaker's Moon shortly after it was published thanks to the good people on the forums here mentioning him and his books there. Had to choose between Undertaker's Moon and Fear and decided on UM since it was the first in the line and I liked how that one sounded more. Glad I chose that one, too, since the one of that I see on the secondary market right now is over $100!

RJK1981
10-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Oops, forgot about their edition of Timber Gray, so I have all but that one.

Had that typed up before I went to bed but fell asleep and forgot to send it, lol

srboone
11-20-2014, 09:01 AM
I added Twelve Gauge to GR if anybody want to add it their library.

RJK1981
11-20-2014, 12:29 PM
?? It was already on there, unless you added earlier and only now mentioned it now.

Checked my book list and I added it to my to-read list on Sept. 24

srboone
11-21-2014, 03:48 AM
Hmmm. All I found was Father's Little Helper. Oh well. It's not like the same book hasn't been entered multiple times before on GR! ;)

EDIT: HA! I mispelled it. That's why! :rolleyes:

rjmyers
08-31-2015, 01:43 AM
Just received Burnt Magnolia and got the bright idea to scan the spine art on the dust jackets of each book in the collection. As you know, each book contains one slice of a larger piece of art that comes to life when the books are placed side by side. Here is the completed work:

Seems like each novel is represented by something in this piece. Can you identify them all?

bsaenz24
08-31-2015, 03:36 PM
Very cool!!

srboone
10-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Paul at Thunderstorm emailed me a JPG of that piece (he said the image was five years old and he had to search an old hard drive at his printer to find it!). Pretty neat.

bookworm 1
10-25-2015, 12:31 PM
I just received my copy of Sets quartet for buying the whole series. This book looks great as well. I have been very busy lately but will try to update my collection thread soon.