Kelly's Zebra paperbacks from the 90s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kelly's Zebra paperbacks from the 90s

Kelly published 8 horror novels from 1990-1996 under the Zebra imprint. These are the novels that will be published by Thunderstorm books over the next two years. Each will have a new short story accompanying them. The titles of the Zebra paperbacks are:

Hindsight (1990)
    Pitfall (1990)
    Something Out There (1991)
    Moon of the Werewolf (1991)
    Father's Little Helper (1992)
    The Possession (1993)
    Fear (1994)
    Blood Kin (1996)

Currently, I'm reading Moon and I'm really enjoying it. If anybody has read any of these works, please share your comments, both good and bad.

A question I have is: will the text of any of these works be revised in any way or will they remain as the are?
    Last edited by srboone; 08-25-2011, 07:26 PM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

I'm only seeing 8.

Comment

OOPS! I can't count.

Thanks. Fixed it. That means I only have to find 5 more instead of 6!
      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Very little of the text of the eight novels will be revised in any way, Squire. During my edit of UM and Fear, I did some slight polishing, but nothing very major. I always thought the editors were lazy, since they never suggested I change anything in my novels (and me being a green writer back then), but, truthfully, they seem to hold up amazingly well over the passage of time. I did have to alter something in a scene in FEAR because it didn't quite make sense, but that's about all.

Comment

Hey Ron, do you know the order of the remaining 6 after UM and Fear?

Comment

Brad, the Essentials will be published in the following order:

UNDERTAKER'S MOON
            FEAR
            THE DARK'UN (SOMETHING OUT THERE)
            HINDSIGHT
            PITFALL
            TWELVE GAUGE (FATHER'S LITTLE HELPER)
            BURNT MAGNOLIA (THE POSSESSION)
            BLOOD KIN

I had originally mentioned a 9th book for the Essentials, the unpublished sequel to HINDSIGHT, called RESTLESS SHADOWS, but we decided that 8 was a good even number. I'm sure RS will see print one of these days.

I decided to change the titles of some of the novels back to their original, non-Zebraized titles. Especially FATHER'S LITTLE HELPER! What a battle I had with Zebra over that (which I eventually lost). I always thought it sounded more like a children's book than a horror novel!

Comment

lol - I assumed that FATHER'S LITTLE HELPER was a take-off from the Stone's "Mother's Little Helper" . . . . guess I'm showing my age again.
              Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Hey, JDar! Good to see you here, hoss.

Comment

Thanks - looks like a fun Board - once you post the first five . . .
                  Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Moon of the Werewolf is a terrific read: exciting, suspenseful, horrifying, intriguing, terrifying, and at times, just plain disgusting. I'm glad it's being reprinted--it deserves a chance to find a new audience. I remember seeing this on the shelves of a bookstore in 1994, but I passed it up because the title was meh (was that in usage in 94, I don't remember) and the cover was rather looney-toonish. So with a great cover and a much better title (Undertsaker's Moon), this unique werewolf story should fare much better.

I felt bad about the cheerleader. I don't think she deserved her fate, but...
                    Last edited by srboone; 08-29-2011, 07:07 AM.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

After reading Midnight Grinding I stumbled across two of the zebra paperbacks in a used bookstore. I was able to pick up Fear and Blood Kin. As of now I've only read Fear which I found to be a very good read. I haven't read Blood Kin yet but should be hitting the top of the pile soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X