Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your favorite Stephen King cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Your favorite Stephen King cover?

It would be fun, I think, to see everyone's favorite King cover.
    Mine has been a constant for decades: the UK (Hodder&Stoughton) hc IT.
    Just awesome! Much better than the US edition (I think).

sk

I do love that cover and its one of my favourites, but the top dog in my opinion is ....
    The Gunslinger

But my favourite one ever is ...
    The Fog by James Herbert

Comment

For its pure schlocky entertainment value, I've enjoyed the first edition mass market paperback "double" cover of Misery since I happened upon a copy at my local used book store. And, yes, that is King's face on the well-muscled body.

100_3345.jpg
      "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorScribe View Post
        For its pure schlocky entertainment value, I've enjoyed the first edition mass market paperback "double" cover of Misery since I happened upon a copy at my local used book store. And, yes, that is King's face on the well-muscled body.
        Aaaahhh, I had forgotten all about that! Nice little blast of nostalgia first thing this morning!

Comment

My favorite has to be the US hardcover for Lisey's Story

!BzG8D)!B2k~$(KGrHqMOKj8Ew,Z,9dThBMUgdBCFkw~~_3.jpgKing2190.jpg

The dust jacket covering the view of the image of Booya Moon is a classic cover.

Comment

That is some brilliant artwork, Mark Stutzman did an amazing job and i have been very tempted for a long time to get a print of the pice from him.

Comment

Love that one as well.
              Definitely in my top-3 of favorite covers!

sk
              Last edited by frik51; 08-10-2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I was quite taken by the cover of Lisey's Story when I saw it; tho I might have to hunt down the UK It cover.
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The UK IT is quite hard to find in a 1st edition because there are so many book club editions and people don't know thats what they are selling. But if your not botherd about it not being a 1st then you could have one for £2 - £5 off ebay.co.uk

Comment

I found a couple of them from private collectors for about $50-60 in a 1st print if I want it. Haven't decide yet.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Other than the covers, are UK editions of King books different from the US editions? I always that it'd be cool to own an SK UK edition, preferably Needful Things or Desperation for no particular reason other than those are two of my favs.

Comment

I dunno about SK books in particular, but I do know that publisher's will sometimes localize the book. Converting some saying that are native to the author to something relevant to the area the book is sold. I know this is done a fair amount when the author is from the UK or Australia and the book is being published in the US. I'm not sure if they do it the other way around though.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Most of King's UK covers are very different than those in the US. See:

http://www.stephenkingshop.com/bookcovers.htm

John

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorScribe View Post
                            Other than the covers, are UK editions of King books different from the US editions?
                            I recently found out that UK editions use a British spelling...

sk

Comment

Thank you for all of your insights. I think I'll begin a search for UK editions of those two SK books I'd previously mentioned. If nothing else, they'll be cool items to add to my library.

Comment

Working...
                              X