PDA

View Full Version : The Marvel Dark Tower Omnibus Hardcover Slipcase Edition

Dan Hocker
04-28-2011, 03:16 PM
http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/o_king74.jpg
"As a lifelong fan of Marvel comic books, and as an adult reader who’s seen comics 'come of age' and take their rightful place in the world of fantasy and science fiction, I'm excited to be a part of Roland's new incarnation."
— Stephen King

The Marvel Dark Tower Omnibus Hardcover Slipcase Edition: TWO VOLUME SET! (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king74)

Publisher: Marvel Comics
Publication Date: Fall 2011
Retail Price: $150.00

About the Book:
"The Man in Black fled across the desert…and the gunslinger followed."

With those words from a short story published in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, Stephen King launched one of the most seminal characters in his lifetime of writing into a destiny fraught with danger, death, triumph and loss. In the almost thirty years since that momentous occasion, King introduced millions of readers to the densely textured realm of Mid-World through his magnum opus, the Dark Tower series of novels. King joined with Marvel in 2007 to bring his masterwork of fantasy to a new generation of readers. Adding stunning new textures to the mythos of Roland and Mid-World for the past four years.

Book ONE of this amazing two volume set is 296 pages and contains: Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born #1-7, The Long Road Home #1-5, Treachery #1-6, Sorcerer #1, The Fall of Gilead #1-6 and The Battle of Jericho Hill #1-5.

Book TWO is 600 pages chock full of essential short stories, bonus material and apocrypha, this volume is a must-read for Stephen King enthusiasts, including:

* Three guidebooks overseen by Dark Tower: A Concordance author Robin Furth unlock the many secrets of Roland Deschain, the Gunslingers, Gilead and the dark forces of Farson — bringing readers greater insight into the people, places and things of Mid-World.

* Supplemental material from the first thirty issues of Marvel’s Dark Tower series shed even more light on King’s epic — with short stories by Furth, and a tour through artists Jae Lee and Richard Isanove’s sketchbooks, and more!

* Material includes Dark Tower: Gunslinger’s Guidebook, End-World Almanac and Guide to Gilead, Marvel Spotlight: Dark Tower and additional material from the first 5 graphic novels.

Antmusic
04-30-2011, 04:32 AM
I have all the comics that are in here... but that doesn't make me want this bad boy any less. Marvel makes some great Omnibus oversized hardcovers (like their Howard the Duck one).

frik51
05-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Expensive, but of course I ordered a copy!

sk

folgersnyourcup
05-08-2011, 07:49 PM
One of the key differences with this version versus the standalone collected editions is the inclusion of the supplementary materials that were in the original comics. All of this is worth its weight in gold and I was VERY disappointed it was not included in the collections initially. This is pretty much a must-buy if you are a fan of the Dark Tower comics.

Brian James Freeman
05-11-2011, 06:22 AM
One of the key differences with this version versus the standalone collected editions is the inclusion of the supplementary materials that were in the original comics. All of this is worth its weight in gold and I was VERY disappointed it was not included in the collections initially. This is pretty much a must-buy if you are a fan of the Dark Tower comics.

Yep, that was my main reason for ordering -- besides the fact I like the idea of having everything in one place, of course!

calason
05-11-2011, 11:33 PM
I wonder if there is going to be a deluxe edition of this, like Image comics did with The Walking Dead series omnibus editions. I can't remember the exact limitations, but it was something like 300 or 400 signed by the writers and artists, the rest were just the books in the slipcase. THAT would be something exciting!

Brian James Freeman
05-12-2011, 12:26 AM
I wonder if there is going to be a deluxe edition of this, like Image comics did with The Walking Dead series omnibus editions. I can't remember the exact limitations, but it was something like 300 or 400 signed by the writers and artists, the rest were just the books in the slipcase. THAT would be something exciting!

I will email my contact there and ask!

Brian

theenormityofitall
07-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Yep, that was my main reason for ordering -- besides the fact I like the idea of having everything in one place, of course!

Having everything in one place is the reason I went ahead and bought a copy as well. There's way too many comics of this series to keep track of, so even though it's not really a "first edition" per se, it's a great way to save a lot of space :) If I had known all of the original arc issues were going to be made into a HC set, I sure could of saved a lot of money! Same goes for The Stand series. From now on, I'm just buying the hardcovers....

Dave1442397
07-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Having everything in one place is the reason I went ahead and bought a copy as well. There's way too many comics of this series to keep track of, so even though it's not really a "first edition" per se, it's a great way to save a lot of space :) If I had known all of the original arc issues were going to be made into a HC set, I sure could of saved a lot of money! Same goes for The Stand series. From now on, I'm just buying the hardcovers....

Same here! Trying to keep track of the Dark Tower, The Stand, Locke & Key and American Vampire is just a pain. I much prefer these omnibus editions, and I can't imagine that any mass-produced comic will ever be worth much, considering hoe many copies were printed.

theenormityofitall
07-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Same here! Trying to keep track of the Dark Tower, The Stand, Locke & Key and American Vampire is just a pain. I much prefer these omnibus editions, and I can't imagine that any mass-produced comic will ever be worth much, considering hoe many copies were printed.

Yeah. And you even forgot to mention Little Sisters of Eluria lol! Way too many. It took me years to try and get every single first edition of the Poison Elves series, and finally it was completed (but I think only because the author died..). There's no way I'm doing that with all these other comics. But you mention American Vampire...forget about that one. I guess that will be in HC too someday? I did by "N" here at CD in HC.

theenormityofitall
07-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Oh, I forgot (and I'm not purposely doing this to pump up my post count)....about how you say mass produced comics won't be worth much. I don't think they will either. Even a lot of die-hard King fans either don't know about these comics, or they don't care.
I was told (and I think I mentioned this before) years ago the first issue I had and several more after the first of Poison Elves, were worth a lot of money. To who?? If I put the first few issues of Poison Elves on eBay for $700, I'd be laughed at:eek:

frik51
07-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Even a lot of die-hard King fans either don't know about these comics, or they don't care.

Definitely the latter!

sk

theenormityofitall
07-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Yeah, I think so too :)

jhanic
08-16-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm going to wait and pick up a copy in the secondary market. I'm sure it will drop in price somewhat. I own all the comics and hardcovers, so I'm sure there's no new offerings in this volume, but it sure looks great!

John

theenormityofitall
08-16-2011, 08:56 PM
I forgot all about these until I received an email (yesterday?). I'd like to buy all the comics but it's just too much. Just the first series has covered my entire chest of drawers in the spare room where I keep so many comics....I think it's defintely best just waiting for the HCs. Or hell, not even buying them at all. If you buy the comics and/or books, what happens if you discover you're missing some issues? It'l drive you crazy trying to track down the ones you don't have. Besides, I don't think any of this stuff will be worth much. Maybe 50 years from now lol, but it's not like some limited edition.

frik51
08-17-2011, 06:23 AM
Value isn't important.
What you get out of it -enjoyment- is.
I already own the HCs, but just can't say no to this gorgeous edition.

sk

peteOcha
08-17-2011, 07:01 AM
Value isn't important.
What you get out of it -enjoyment- is.
I already own the HCs, but just can't say no to this gorgeous edition.

sk

Same here! Plus all of the bonus material sounds like a nice addition as well!

Tito_Villa
08-17-2011, 09:23 AM
It is a beautiful production

Blu Gilliand
08-18-2011, 08:55 PM
I've all but stopped buying single issues of the comics I follow (which aren't that many these days - Dark Tower, Stand, Hellboy, a handful of others) because now I know that virtually everything is going to be collected in nice hardcover editions. These are much easier to shelve than a bunch of bagged comics, not to mention that they are usually very nicely produced.

Blu

theenormityofitall
08-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Same here! Plus all of the bonus material sounds like a nice addition as well!
Yeah, I guess I'd have to agree with that. I still haven't even read one of them. I have to stop myself from constantly thinking of value and just try and enjoy a good story sometime, no matter who authored it.

calason
11-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Any release date info on this bad boy?

Dan Hocker
11-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Any release date info on this bad boy?

I think it's out already. I think we where hoping the copies we ordered for our customers would come in soon. I know the order is in, just not sure when they are coming.

calason
11-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Dan, you are awesome and kind. Not sure if you hear it enough, but you are appreciated. Thanks for the response.

frik51
11-03-2011, 09:41 PM
The book as been out for many weeks.
Still haven't bought a copy though.

sk

Dan Hocker
11-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Dan, you are awesome and kind. Not sure if you hear it enough, but you are appreciated. Thanks for the response.

Thanks Chris!

peteOcha
11-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Off-topic, but what are your thoughts on BF3 Dan? :)

Dan Hocker
11-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Off-topic, but what are your thoughts on BF3 Dan? :)

Enjoying it very much, but then again I played Bad Company 2 pretty much exclusively in the shooter department.

peteOcha
11-04-2011, 03:50 PM
BC 2 was fantastic, many hours in with that one!:) I decided to skip out on BF3, heard it was a lot like BC2...

Plus...

SKYRIM!!

Dan Hocker
11-04-2011, 03:54 PM
BC 2 was fantastic, many hours in with that one!:) I decided to skip out on BF3, heard it was a lot like BC2...

Plus...

SKYRIM!!

It's a fair bit different than BC2. It's kinda a cross between Modern Warfare and Battlefield 2, with much, much better graphics. My biggest beef with it is the maps are designed for the PC version of it (64 players) and the xbox version only does 24 players, so some of the maps are just too big.

calason
11-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Yeah, Skyrim!!! Got my reserved copy paid off, so stoked. Haven't played any of the BC or Battlefield games, I might have to check them out. Oh, and can't wait for my copy of the Dark Tower omnibus.

peteOcha
11-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Stopped reading after Skyrim! I need it! I'm so tempted to download the torrent of the leaked gameplay just to check it out, but I keep telling myself to be patient! Need to figure out how to get an early copy, at least a few days before release! ;)

calason
11-07-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm so tempted to download the torrent of the leaked gameplay just to check it out, but I keep telling myself to be patient! Need to figure out how to get an early copy, at least a few days before release! ;)

You can play as a werewolf, going to be great.

peteOcha
11-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Visit NeoGaf much? :)

calason
11-08-2011, 05:19 AM
I don't know what that is. Should I be offended?

peteOcha
11-08-2011, 08:04 AM
No, no.:) Its a forum and they have this big Skyrim thread where a few people who already have the game are posting info. As Bethsada hadn't confirmed the whole werewolf business I assumed that you had read it there. :)

calason
11-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Oh, okay. Going to check it out, is it just Neogaf.com

peteOcha
11-09-2011, 08:06 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450948

The link to the actual thread. Lots of info on here, but i've stopped reading as I get my copy tomorrow! ;)

theenormityofitall
11-09-2011, 08:26 PM
I received no info on these books I ordered a long time ago regarding they've finally been released. I reserved these a long time ago at The Overlook Connection.

theenormityofitall
11-14-2011, 02:53 AM
I finally got an email that says they're on their way. Yippy!

calason
02-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Anyone heard if Marvel and DC are going to be doing this for the SK comic book titles? It would be pretty sweet if they did it for "The Stand" and "American Vampire."

Dave1442397
02-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Anyone heard if Marvel and DC are going to be doing this for the SK comic book titles? It would be pretty sweet if they did it for "The Stand" and "American Vampire."

I haven't heard anything definite, but I also hope they do it. I would rather have everything in one or two volumes than in lots of separate comics.

TerryE
02-07-2012, 02:33 PM
I think The Stand would fit very nicely into an Omnibus edition. As for American Vampire, DC's Absolute Editions usually have enough material for 15 -20 issues of comics, so maybe after the 3rd story arc?

theenormityofitall
02-08-2012, 09:02 PM
I hope they don't at this point or I'd be stuck with 5 The Stand hardcovers as well as Am. Vampire and a bunch of others in HC. I've lost track of some there are so damn many. Anyone recall what the new comic series was that was recently released a couple weeks ago? I asked Dave at The Overlook and he told me it too, will be released as a HC. But as I said, the only problem is I can't recall the title...perhaps something to do with Little Sisters...??

Dan Hocker
02-08-2012, 09:27 PM
I hope they don't at this point or I'd be stuck with 5 The Stand hardcovers as well as Am. Vampire and a bunch of others in HC. I've lost track of some there are so damn many. Anyone recall what the new comic series was that was recently released a couple weeks ago? I asked Dave at The Overlook and he told me it too, will be released as a HC. But as I said, the only problem is I can't recall the title...perhaps something to do with Little Sisters...??

I don't think they'll do it with the American Vampire ones, as they're produced by a different company than the rest of them.

Antmusic
02-08-2012, 09:29 PM
I think I'd gladly turn in all my issues for these (and a ominibus of Robin Furth's essays... I think Ill start some rumors about that).

TerryE
02-09-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't think they'll do it with the American Vampire ones, as they're produced by a different company than the rest of them.

DC/Vertigo (publisher of American Vampire) has what they call, Absolute Editions. I've got quite a few and they are gorgeous books. I love my Sandman collections in the Absolute Editions. They collected all 75 comics, specials, and short stories in 4 volumes.

Dan, if you really want to start a Batman collection, and not just single issue comics, do yourself a favor and get the Absolute Dark Knight by Frank Miller.

Dan Hocker
02-09-2012, 06:35 PM
DC/Vertigo (publisher of American Vampire) has what they call, Absolute Editions. I've got quite a few and they are gorgeous books. I love my Sandman collections in the Absolute Editions. They collected all 75 comics, specials, and short stories in 4 volumes.

Dan, if you really want to start a Batman collection, and not just single issue comics, do yourself a favor and get the Absolute Dark Knight by Frank Miller.

I'll have to look into that then. I'm a long way off of starting a Batman collection though. I've gotta get to a point in my book collection, to where the purchases are out of my price range first, then I'll probably work on completely my Hellboy collection. I'll probably go with the Absolute editions for batman though, as it'd be impractical to collect individual issues, I'd break the bank. I was also looking at the Batman Graphic Novels.

TerryE
02-09-2012, 07:12 PM
If you ever want suggestions, other than Amazon lists, let me know. I think there are 3 or 4 Batman Absolutes, but many more stories collected in HB and TPB graphic novels

Grant Wootton
02-09-2012, 10:43 PM

Hiya Scott - Little Sisters is ancient history, so's The Battle of Tull (recently released in HC) - the current arc is The Waystation, and the 2nd comic in the arc has already been released :cool:

theenormityofitall
02-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Hiya Scott - Little Sisters is ancient history, so's The Battle of Tull (recently released in HC) - the current arc is The Waystation, and the 2nd comic in the arc has already been released :cool:

Thanks Grant. Now I have to somehow remember all this shit LOL. I have The Battle of Tull in the comic format but as I said, no more comics for me.

Teriw
02-17-2012, 02:17 AM
If CD would stop enticing me I might have money for the Omnibus and the DMG books I'm dying to get my hands on. But Cemetery Dance is too amazing for me to not click the Purchase button.

bookworm 1
03-31-2012, 07:26 PM
Hold on to your money the final arc of the latest gunslinger saga was just announced.The GUNSLINGER THE MAN IN BLACK.So we might see a 2nd omnibus edition by next year.The first issue in the last arc comes out on6/20/12.It is 5 issues so will be done by the end of Oct.

Teriw
03-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up BW. I am still not sure if I want the omnibus or try to get the first edition Harcovers. I can't make up my mind. They are firsts and very nice looking HC's but then the omnibus is supposed to include extras.

bookworm 1
03-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Yes my answer is get both.I did.Plus the comics every month.Yes Yes I know now you hate me too.:o.

Teriw
03-31-2012, 08:59 PM
If only I could afford that. I probably could since they come out over time but we have no comic book stores, and shipping plus customs(sometimes) cost too much, then theres always the 8 hr drive to get to a comic book store, not gonna happen. lol. The Omnibus is on Amazon for about $100CAD free shipping and the HC's are available in chain bookstores like Coles which we have but the actual comic books would be the hard part. Plus most of em are out already so its alot altogether.

bookworm 1
03-31-2012, 09:09 PM
You could try e-bay.Growing up we did not have a comic shop where I lived.You went to the news stand and picked them off a wire spin rack.If you missed a week you hoped someone did not snag the issue you missed and it might be left in the back of the rack somewhere.

Teriw
03-31-2012, 09:12 PM
I find ebay horrible for buying books. you never know what your really getting and the shipping prices are worse than anywhere else. Sometimes its the only option but thats the only time I bother.

Teriw
03-31-2012, 09:58 PM
I thought the omnibus had them all in it except the new ones. I didnt know it's only the first 5. I am definitely waiting.

RJK1981
03-31-2012, 10:50 PM
I've never had any issue buying off eBay, but there are a lot more US sellers than Canadian ones, though I have seen a small number of them. Typically you do know what you're getting though as they don't want to send you something that isn't what they claimed and get a negative rating and have the charge refunded. I find sellers on Amazon more shady than eBay based on book conditions claimed. Have seen books listed as being in Like New condition and then mention ex-library with usual markings in the description. The highest condition I would consider ex library books would probably be good condition if they have the usual library markings and such.

The omnibus does have everything except the newer stuff, which is 6 story arcs (30 issues total). The 5 was the number of issues in the new arc. I'm still not sure if I will get these comics or not myself

bookworm 1
03-31-2012, 11:26 PM
Don' miss understand me the first omnibus has the first 5 arcs called The Dark Tower.The present 5 arc series is called The Dark Tower:The Gunslinger.My guess is that will be published in an omnibus form Early next year.
I thought the omnibus had them all in it except the new ones. I didnt know it's only the first 5. I am definitely waiting.

Grant Wootton
03-31-2012, 11:44 PM
Yes my answer is get both.I did.Plus the comics every month.Yes Yes I know now you hate me too.:o.

Me too, I started with the comics for both The Stand and The Dark Tower (some of the comics are signed by the illustrators) then purchased the ARC hardcovers as they were released , then purchased this omnibus. Now I see that they're releasing The Stand as a H/C omnibus, which is a good thing in that, unlike The Gunslinger, you know that there will (hopefully) be no new stuff added. The Dark Tower series could just go on forever, or until people stop buying them (although, personally, I hope it's the former, and not the latter) :D

bookworm 1
03-31-2012, 11:49 PM
This last arc comming up in the discription says will Roland Sacrifice Jake.This whole series has followed the books pretty well.The first one did somewhat.I like how they are filling in some of the missing pieces.Kind of what I hear about the WTTK.

Grant Wootton
03-31-2012, 11:49 PM
I find ebay horrible for buying books. you never know what your really getting and the shipping prices are worse than anywhere else. Sometimes its the only option but thats the only time I bother.

Have you tried ABE for looking for collectible books Teri? I've switched my allegiance from eBay to ABE for the reasons already stated here (shipping charges are nuts, and the books are sometimes not as described - mostly because the people selling them really have no idea about 1st editions, etc, etc). ABE is chock full of sellers that know their books (and what they're worth on the marketplace) and are generally far more reliably then eBay folks (I've had a couple of books go astray, or have not been exactly what they were advertised as being, and ABE has sorted them out to my satisfaction in every occasion) :)

Teriw
04-01-2012, 12:27 AM
What I meant is I thought it had ALL of them meaning Little Sisters, The Battle of Tull, and the Journey begins as well. Just not Way Station. I didnt even notice these last four were The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger. I thought all 8 of them were in the omnibus, even though at some point I did read the description I didnt notice somehow.

Teriw
04-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Have you tried ABE for looking for collectible books Teri? I've switched my allegiance from eBay to ABE for the reasons already stated here (shipping charges are nuts, and the books are sometimes not as described - mostly because the people selling them really have no idea about 1st editions, etc, etc). ABE is chock full of sellers that know their books (and what they're worth on the marketplace) and are generally far more reliably then eBay folks (I've had a couple of books go astray, or have not been exactly what they were advertised as being, and ABE has sorted them out to my satisfaction in every occasion) :)

I find ABE hard to search. It gives you crap you don't want and people knowing what they have is not always a good thing. Just look at alot of the prices they are asking. almost everything I have seen on ABE is well out of my price range.

frik51
04-01-2012, 05:47 AM
Amazon had it yesterdag for $60.00!
It's up to $94.50 today!

sk

Teriw
04-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Yea its just under 60 on amazon.com today but they won't deliver here. I have to order from amazon.ca and its $104 or $107 somethig like that I forget which.

frik51
04-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Yea its just under 60 on amazon.com today but they won't deliver here.

When I checked a couple of hours ago, it was up again.
And you're right, it's $55.75 right now.
Lets see if they ship to my location....

Yep.
But I'm going to order when it's going to cost me even less.

sk

peteOcha
04-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah, Im waiting for it to get cheaper as well. $50 would be ok, but if that was with shipping.:)

Brian James Freeman
04-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Yea its just under 60 on amazon.com today but they won't deliver here. I have to order from amazon.ca and its $104 or $107 somethig like that I forget which.

I've heard from a lot of collectors that the copies they tried to get from Amazon arrive really banged up. Amazon uses next to no packing material when shipping these for some reason. One guy went through 5 return and exchanges before giving up!

peteOcha
04-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Yeah, i heard that too Brian. And it's true. Whenever amazon ships me books i'm always worried. They always come with no bubble wrap or peanuts, or any kind of protection!

frik51
04-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah, Im waiting for it to get cheaper as well. $50 would be ok, but if that was with shipping.:)

Shipping isn't bad.
Around ten bucks...

sk

Robert Fulman
04-01-2012, 02:59 PM
I just bought this book from Amazon this week. It came in a box that was too big, but they used a bunch of air pillows to keep it safe. It arrived in excellent condition, but I think part of that is explained by the fact that the book shipped fro New Hampshire and I received it the next day (just south of Boston).

frik51
04-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Another reason I haven't actually bought this set is indeeed the lousy packaging Amazon provides.
I do want it in mint condition.

sk

Teriw
04-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I've never had an issue with their packaging. Got all my dt paperbacks and several other books from them. They were packed tight and used this air packet thing. Not a ding or dent at all. And paperbacks get damaged just by opening them lol. Amazon is alway free shipping over $35 if its not something crazy big. I ordered all kinds of other stuff from them that came fine and free as well.

peteOcha
04-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Shipping isn't bad.
Around ten bucks...

sk

Thats not bad at all! Now I'm tempted!

peteOcha
04-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Shipping isnt always free, depends where you order from. :(

frik51
04-01-2012, 06:39 PM
I've never had an issue with their packaging. Got all my dt paperbacks and several other books from them. They were packed tight and used this air packet thing. Not a ding or dent at all. And paperbacks get damaged just by opening them lol. Amazon is alway free shipping over $35 if its not something crazy big. I ordered all kinds of other stuff from them that came fine and free as well.

Most of my Amazon stuff arrives in mint condition.
The heavy books, though, usually get here less than mint, like the Creepy or Eerie Archives.
The two DT books (omnibus editions) are very, very heavy indeed. I'd hate to think of what could happen.

sk

Grant Wootton
04-01-2012, 06:56 PM
I'll just wait until CD ships my pre-ordered copy of this tome to me :)

bookworm 1
04-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Great idea.And Grant guess what?When I was looking through the preview book for my comic order.It says in the discription of The Stand Omnibus that it has extra material.Don't know what it could be but..........

peteOcha
04-01-2012, 08:31 PM
You know how on amazon sometimes an item is on sale from someone else, but next to the price (or somewhere) it says "order fulfilled by amazon"...

well, I'd like to see "shipping fulfilled by cemetery dance" :)

bookworm 1
04-01-2012, 08:42 PM
:cool::cool::cool:

Grant Wootton
04-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Great idea.And Grant guess what?When I was looking through the preview book for my comic order.It says in the discription of The Stand Omnibus that it has extra material.Don't know what it could be but..........

Crap !!!! As if the comics and arc hardcovers aren't enough (will probably wait until I can ascertain exactly what extra material the omnibus contains before pulling the trigger on this) :)

bookworm 1
04-01-2012, 09:53 PM
That was my thought to.Other thing might be higher on my list as I have the whole collection too.

Grant Wootton
04-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Definately BW, the comics + the HC's already taken up a fair bit of room (not to mention the DT's as well) ... Damn, time to move house again !!!!!! :p

bookworm 1
04-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Or maybe take over my oldest sons room that I built him in the basement last year.Move him into his old room with his brother and build more bookshelves in his room and now dad has a reading room.:p

Grant Wootton
04-02-2012, 06:22 AM
BW, funnily enough, that works (well, maybe not for your kids, but hey, they can't have everything they want, right???? And it's all about priorities, too - well, yours anyways) ;)

Teriw
04-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Did u seriously just "say" funnily. Worst adverb ever. Sk would be ashamed. Lol.

bookworm 1
04-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Grant I like that word.don't listen to her.:p

peteOcha
04-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Petition signed!

Funnily is great! As long as firefox spell check doesn't put a red line under it, its good in my book! :)

frik51
04-02-2012, 04:06 PM
$54.66 on Amazon.
Getting there...

sk

Grant Wootton
04-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Did u seriously just "say" funnily. Worst adverb ever. Sk would be ashamed. Lol.

I bow to your superior word-smithing skills Teri, forgive me my round shoulders and cloth rags, I am but a humble man with no skoolink ;)

Grant Wootton
04-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Hey, some words, if they don't exist, should exist, and, when you look at it, each new word has to be coined by someone, right ??? Anyway, funnily enough, "funnily" was a word already (according to the interwebby at any rate) :p

Teriw
04-02-2012, 07:10 PM
I didn't say it wasn't a word, I said it was a horrible adverb. Although some people think it's not a word. I just think it shouldn't be a word. But then again your talking to someone who says ain't on a regular basis. Also, I believe if you can say it and give it meaning then it's a word.

bookworm 1
04-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Now she is attacking the english language what next???:o

Teriw
04-02-2012, 07:23 PM
The english language is stupid. There are too many rules. If I WANNA say AIN'T I'm GONNA. Why can't I write the way I talk. The only time you can get away with that is online or when writing dialect.

Grant Wootton
04-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Sheesh - some people are freaking impossible to please !!!!!! :rolleyes:

srboone
04-02-2012, 08:15 PM
You CAN write the way you talk, Teri! No one's stopping you and people might read it! You never know til you try. And the flexibility of the English language is what allows for such things to happen. I happen to think that Hemingway is a terrible writer, but he had some interesting things to say, so I read him.

Teriw
04-02-2012, 10:19 PM
I began to try

Teriw
04-02-2012, 10:20 PM
I began to try in a way since my second unfinished book is wirrten entirely in the first person narrative of a cape bretoner. But I got lazy.

bookworm 1
04-02-2012, 11:20 PM
So start fresh.Take another look at it.Or try something new and go back to it.Most writers have tons of stuff half done and finish it years later.

Teriw
04-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Writing a short now. Decided to try a few to get back into it since they don't take so long.

bookworm 1
04-02-2012, 11:30 PM
:cool::cool:

srboone
04-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Good girl, Teri. :cool:

Grant Wootton
04-03-2012, 02:51 AM
+1 from me too Teri :cool::cool::cool:

srboone
04-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Amazon has DT Omnibus set for 59.80. Don't know how long it will last.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Tower-Omnibus-Stephen-King/dp/0785155414/ref=pd_rhf_ee_shvl5

Teriw
04-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Not on amazon.ca

srboone
04-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Still $107.00 on amazon.ca. sorry, Teri.

Teriw
04-12-2012, 12:05 AM
I figured as much before I looked. But i am not sure I want the omnibus now that I know the gunlslinger ones are not in it.

srboone
04-12-2012, 12:11 AM
I know what you mean. I'm holding of on it too.

bookworm 1
04-12-2012, 12:14 AM
Amazon has changed the price up and back down for about 2 weeks on this one.I do not understand what they are doing.

Teriw
04-12-2012, 12:14 AM
I kinda want the individual comics, the hardcovers and the omnibus now though. lol

srboone
04-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Amazon has changed the price up and back down for about 2 weeks on this one.I do not understand what they are doing.

I think they are looking at what others are selling it for and are responding to that.

Teriw
04-12-2012, 12:19 AM
I almost bought the "new" Rocky Wood today from overlook for 25% off. It was still too much for me though. I know I'm off topic but oh well

bookworm 1
04-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Yea that is what I thought at first,but one day the price is in the 50-60 dollar range then the next it is back up to 90-100 dollar range.That is what confuses me.
I think they are looking at what others are selling it for and are responding to that.

peteOcha
04-12-2012, 08:52 AM
I almost bought the "new" Rocky Wood today from overlook for 25% off. It was still too much for me though. I know I'm off topic but oh well

You mean SK Uncollected, Unpublished? Where do they have it at 25% off. Don't see anything at the overlook about that...

Teriw
04-12-2012, 10:49 PM
I got an email with a coupon code

peteOcha
04-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Ahhh, that code. But I don't think you can use it on the signed Rocky Wood book with international shipping, as it says that no coupons can be used for it...

Teriw
04-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Missed that. oh well...can't part with the money right now anyway. I'm still spending most of my time stopping myself from messaging Dan about the Dinged knowing darkness Cd has. lol.

Grant Wootton
04-13-2012, 02:04 AM
The voices in my head tell me you want it Teri, don't yours say the same ????? :p

srboone
04-13-2012, 02:13 AM
I will not...I will not...I will not...

Teriw
04-13-2012, 02:18 AM
Oh They very much do tell me I want it, I even messaged squire about his because I am so tempted. But no, I need the money. I already still ower $300 for books I already ordered...stupid Credit Card. So I am paying on that and putting money in my savings. I've spent all evening looking for cheap books for mason to get me in alberta though. lol

Grant Wootton
04-13-2012, 04:57 AM
I'm still waiting for confirmation of shipping of my copy from CD :rolleyes:

Teriw
04-13-2012, 06:11 AM
U ordered one of the dinged once?

Grant Wootton
04-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Nah Teri, ordered a new one quite a ways back from CD - I guess I should follow it up with Mindy, as I assume, from all the chatter about it being available on Amazon, etc, that's it's already out here :confused:

bookworm 1
04-15-2012, 12:46 AM
Other publishers seem to be slow getting things to CD.I am stil waiting on the Peter Straub book I ordered through CD.Patience Grant.It will come.:)

Brian James Freeman
04-15-2012, 01:33 AM
Nah Teri, ordered a new one quite a ways back from CD - I guess I should follow it up with Mindym as I assume, from all the chatter about it being available on Amazon, etc, that's it's already out here :confused:

This one has been a royal pain because they shipped us a bunch of copies that all arrived dinged because of how poorly they were packed. Some were basically okay, but for the kind of money our customers are paying for these, they should be perfect. So we had to go through the hassle of returning them multiple times, etc.

But that said, the replacement copies have been arriving for a while now, in smaller (more carefully packed) shipments, so please email me if you haven't gotten your shipping notice and I'll look into it! Thanks!

Brian

Grant Wootton
04-15-2012, 01:48 AM
Other publishers seem to be slow getting things to CD.I am stil waiting on the Peter Straub book I ordered through CD.Patience Grant.It will come.:)

Yeah, you're right BW, don't know why I'm in such a hurry to get it - I've no place to house it :p

BTW Dan, already emailed Mindy yesterday, but thanks :)

bookworm 1
04-15-2012, 06:55 PM
I would tell you my house but I need to build more book cases.

frik51
04-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Currently on Amazon.com:

Item Under Review
While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

sk

peteOcha
04-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Good post Siep. Amazon really needs to work on its overseas shipments. I've been lucky and have only received one slightly dinged book from them, but every time I look in the box and see its just the box and the book, I dread what will happen with the next shipment.

bookworm 1
04-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Yea that is why I am omly getting PB's and Trade HC's from them anymore.It can be a pain.

frik51
04-16-2012, 07:23 AM
I ordered my Knowing Darkness trade from Amazon.com.
It also arrived (slightly, fortunately) dinged.
Hopefully, measures will be taken re this DT set, as I still want to order it.

sk

srboone
04-16-2012, 07:37 AM
I'm always leary of a limited edition book sold on Amazon, becaue I assume that the books sent to them are dinged anyway. I'd love to get sp's Embassytown on this site, but I'm sure it's dinged, also.

Grant Wootton
04-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Personally, I will purchase only cheap stuff (1st editions of DRK or a couple of others I like) from Amazon. They're cheap, and they're quick, but as has been mentioned elsewhere on this thread, they wrap a book in a cardboard sleeve, a bit of binding glue and entrust it to DHL / Australia Post. I've not received anything totally destroyed, but at least one corner gets dinged intransit with each shipment I receive :(

peteOcha
04-16-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm always leary of a limited edition book sold on Amazon, becaue I assume that the books sent to them are dinged anyway. I'd love to get sp's Embassytown on this site, but I'm sure it's dinged, also.

I was going to suggest you get the one from Goldbsboro but its gone already. :(

bookworm 1
05-03-2013, 03:07 AM
Looks like this series is coming to an end.The Dark Tower The Gunslinger So Fell Lord Perth one shot with the tag line.Marvel concludes it's epic Dark Tower Saga with this all new one shot.