11/22/63

11/22/63
    A massive new novel by Stephen King!
    Author: Stephen King
    Page Count: 960 pages!!
    Pub. Date: November 2011
    ISBN: 78-1451627282

On November 22, 1963, three shots rang out in Dallas,
    President Kennedy died, and the world changed.

If you had the chance to change history, would you?
    Would the consequences be worth it?

US Trade Hardcover

Publisher: Scribner
    Format: Trade Hardcover
    Publication Date: November 2011
    Trade Hardcover: $35.00

UK Trade Hardcover

Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
    Format: Trade Hardcover
    Publication Date: Fall 2011
    Trade Hardcover: $49.00

This fall Scribner will be publishing Stephen King's heart-stopping new novel, a thousand page tour de force about a man who travels back in time to prevent the JFK assassination, and we're pleased to report that we'll be getting copies for our customers!

King sweeps readers back in time to another moment—a real life moment—when everything went wrong and he introduces readers to a character who has the power to change the course of history.
    Jake Epping is a thirty-five-year-old high school English teacher in Lisbon Falls, Maine, who makes extra money teaching adults in the GED program. He receives an essay from one of the students—a gruesome, harrowing first person story about the night 50 years ago when Harry Dunning’s father came home and killed his mother, his sister, and his brother with a hammer. Harry escaped with a smashed leg, as evidenced by his crooked walk.

Not much later, Jake’s friend Al, who runs the local diner, divulges a secret: his storeroom is a portal to 1958. He enlists Jake on an insane—and insanely possible—mission to try to prevent the Kennedy assassination.

So begins Jake’s new life as George Amberson and his new world of Elvis and JFK, of big American cars and sock hops, of a troubled loner named Lee Harvey Oswald and a beautiful high school librarian named Sadie Dunhill, who becomes the love of Jake’s life—a life that transgresses all the normal rules of time.

A tribute to a simpler era and a devastating exercise in escalating suspense, 11/22/63 is Stephen King at his epic best!
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

You have to love a new SK doorstopper novel!!

Comment

I can't wait for it!
      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Me neither. more pages = more fun to read

Comment

Love time travel books.

Comment

I like the American cover, but not so much the one from the UK edition.
            Really looking forwards to this book.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
              I like the American cover, but not so much the one from the UK edition.
              Really looking forwards to this book.

sk
              Same here. The U.S. cover is clever and attention-getting. I wonder if there will be any S/L issued by someone.

Comment

Have to agree about the cover, the US one looks much better to me
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

Can't wait to read this one.
                  Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Can't wait for this.. Love SK and I've always been fascinated with the Kennedy legacy. Combining the two = amazing.

Comment

I buy all King books, it doesn't matter what they are about. I am such a fan of his writing that he could put out a cook book and I would be entertained. I had the incomparable pleaseure of seeing him speak to an intimate crowd of only about 1,000 people in St. Paul Minnesota, just after he released Under the Dome, and it is one of my most cherished memories.
                      http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

I am really excited for this one. I am big history buff in addition to loving anything involving time travel. Oh yeah, and I kinda like Stephen King and horror. This one is right up my alley.

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                          I buy all King books, it doesn't matter what they are about. I am such a fan of his writing that he could put out a cook book and I would be entertained.
                          That's what I thought too.
                          But then I came across Faithful, which I haven't been able to get myself to actually read -yet.
                          Have you?

sk

Comment

I had the incomparable pleaseure of seeing him speak to an intimate crowd of only about 1,000 people in St. Paul Minnesota, just after he released Under the Dome, and it is one of my most cherished memories.
                            I must say I am jealous as I have lived all my life outside of the Army in MN, but never heard about this. What time of the year was this? Could have been when I was on vacation to CO
                            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                            Spoiler!

Comment

I buy all King books, it doesn't matter what they are about. I am such a fan of his writing that he could put out a cook book and I would be entertained. I had the incomparable pleaseure of seeing him speak to an intimate crowd of only about 1,000 people in St. Paul Minnesota, just after he released Under the Dome, and it is one of my most cherished memories.
                              Me too. I have all of his books, have read everything he's ever written. Never disappoints. I meant to go to that St. Paul thing, as I live in Chicago, and it was his closest city to me. So bummed I didn't go. He never comes to Chicago anymore. If anybody could write a good conspiracy story about JFK it's King. Can't wait.
                              FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Working...
                              X