PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Latest Purchase

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

peteOcha
06-22-2011, 08:20 PM
As the title of the thread says, post your latest purchase. (Figured Collector's Central would be the best place for this thread as these would be the latest additions to our collections.)

Just got this last week:

Plus I'm waiting on a shipment from CD. Can't wait for that to come :)

srboone
06-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Got this today.

They aren't what Iexpected, but I like them. The description said that these were unsigned Trade HCs with very fine djs with covers and interiors by the various artists. They are hardcovers with the cover art printed on the boards and no interior art. The end papers are the cover art of the other two editions. But the set was less than if I had ordered them from PS Publishing. And I got a slipcase.

If anybody can post an "interior" from any of the volumes they may have (one is enough), I'd appreciate it.

jester05jk
06-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Was that an ebay purchase? If so I was looking at that set...

pixie
06-22-2011, 10:40 PM
I purchased two graphic novels. American Vampire vol. 2 and The little Sisters of Eluria

http://i52.tinypic.com/3342rva.jpg

Little Sisters of Eluria:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2cxd94w.jpg

srboone
06-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Was that an ebay purchase? If so I was looking at that set...

No, I found it on Bibio.com. I find most, not all, prices better on Biblio and Abebooks. I'm also not an auction kinda guy. I do search ebay, but only for "buy it now" items.

srboone
06-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Here's one I got on Tuesday that is making it difficult to concentrate on "Watchers":

Easton Press, part of thier Military Masterpieces set.

pixie
06-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Got this today.

They aren't what Iexpected, but I like them. The description said that these were unsigned Trade HCs with very fine djs with covers and interiors by the various artists. They are hardcovers with the cover art printed on the boards and no interior art. The end papers are the cover art of the other two editions. But the set was less than if I had ordered them from PS Publishing. And I got a slipcase.

If anybody can post an "interior" from any of the volumes they may have (one is enough), I'd appreciate it.

Here some pictrues of interior art:
the Glen Chadborne edition:
http://i56.tinypic.com/akj0hg.jpg

Edward Miller edition:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2e6anbb.jpg

J.K Potter edition
http://i55.tinypic.com/95u5gl.jpg

pixie
06-22-2011, 11:34 PM
No, I found it on Bibio.com. I find most, not all, prices better on Biblio and Abebooks. I'm also not an auction kinda guy. I do search ebay, but only for "buy it now" items.

I only do "buy it now" also. I tried doing the auction thing and it was so tedious and I ended up losing the aution anyway! "Buy it now" is just so much easier! I also like Bilbo and Abebooks. I usually start out with the site bookfinder and then I find the best price from there.

srboone
06-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Hmmmmmm...oh well.....Thanks, pixie!

RJK1981
06-22-2011, 11:42 PM
I haven't received either of my latest purchases yet, since they are the gift and signed editions of It, In Laymon's Terms, and the 3 books Maelstrom set 2 from Thunderstorm Books and Brian Keene, though I should have In Laymon's Terms and the Maelstrom Books should be shipping next month. I did just receive CD #43 and waiting on #40 which should be here soon. Also waiting on Shroud #11 which will arrive sometime tomorrow. The most recent books received were the ARC from the Early Reader's Club which are posted in my collection thread. Really looking forward to the Maelstrom set as I am a big fan of Brian Keene

frik51
06-23-2011, 04:27 AM
Some good stuff here.
Congratulations all!

sk

Tito_Villa
06-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Unfortunately with me not having the internet in the new house yet i can't post pics but the other day a good copy of UK Carrie 1st came in the post :)

fmancino
06-23-2011, 12:20 PM
I didn't know there was a volume 2 to American Vampire, I gotta get that, I have the first volume.

fmancino
06-23-2011, 12:21 PM
My most recent purchase was the Lisey's Story, Gerald's Game, and The Stand : Complete & Uncut

jester05jk
06-24-2011, 02:15 AM
I didn't know there was a volume 2 to American Vampire, I gotta get that, I have the first volume.

To date, volume 16 in the series comes out next week, and they have a miniseries starting in the next week or so. King only had part of the first half dozen or so.

peteOcha
06-24-2011, 07:13 AM
To date, volume 16 in the series comes out next week, and they have a miniseries starting in the next week or so. King only had part of the first half dozen or so.

I believe you mean issue #16. There have only been to volumes released so far, the first collecting the issues that were done with King (1-5) and volume 2 is 6-11, where Snyder is the sole writer.

jester05jk
06-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Right you are my good sir.

peteOcha
06-25-2011, 08:04 PM
what's the miniseries though? as in a tv miniseries, or a spin-off comic?

jester05jk
06-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Spin-off comic, like 4 issues or some such.

peteOcha
06-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Just got this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pLOVAUDLk5I/TU5dlHmymWI/AAAAAAAAAB8/erI9OIZPQ5k/s1600/thegirlwholovedtomgordon.jpg

frik51
06-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Sorry Pete, my least favorite King novel(la).
(as if you care...)

:)

sk

RJK1981
06-28-2011, 10:39 PM

Got these books today at Half Price Books. The Regulators is a 1st Edition/1st printing. They also had 2 copies of the hardcover of The Gunslinger from the Viking 2003 printing. One copy was on the bookshelves and didn't say anything about what printing it was, the other was locked up and being sold for $95 and pretty sure the note for it said 1st edition. Not sure if I should pick that one up or not, though I want to get all the DT books in hardcover and only have 5-7 in that format so far

RJK1981
06-29-2011, 05:00 AM
Anyone have an idea if it'd be worth paying that much for a 1st edition of 2003 edition of The Gunlinger?

peteOcha
06-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Anyone have an idea if it'd be worth paying that much for a 1st edition of 2003 edition of The Gunlinger?

Great purchase! As to the Gunslinger, I don't really know, but I can tell you that I would pay that much myself for a copy, seems like a good deal to me if it in fact is a 1st edition.

peteOcha
06-29-2011, 07:32 AM
Sorry Pete, my least favorite King novel(la).
(as if you care...)

:)

sk

Of course I care.:)

Haven't read it yet, but knowing how I am with King, even if it's not so good I'll still like it.:)

RJK1981
06-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Great purchase! As to the Gunslinger, I don't really know, but I can tell you that I would pay that much myself for a copy, seems like a good deal to me if it in fact is a 1st edition.

That is what I was thinking as well. Might have to go back tomorrow and take a look at it to see if it says anything inside the book about it being a 1st edition. If it'd been the 1st Edition of the original version I wouldn't have hesitated at all, lol, but they aren't dumb enough to sell one of those for $95

Tito_Villa
06-29-2011, 09:57 AM
$95 seems a little steep to me for the ones that i have seen sell on ebay, but then again it goes down to if it is in mint condition and that you can see before you buy so there are no risks involved. Patience and a little hunting could get you one ofr lower than $50 i feel. I have to keep telling myself that collecting is a game of patience :)

frik51
06-29-2011, 03:13 PM
I have to keep telling myself that collecting is a game of patience :)

True.
And although I'm a very patient individual, whenever I see an item I'm interested in and I have the money available, I pounce.
I'd rather pay some more than risk the chance of missing out.

sk

Tito_Villa
06-29-2011, 03:16 PM
But more often that not things are put for sale again

frik51
06-29-2011, 03:36 PM
I know, I know...Rub it in....

sk

peteOcha
06-29-2011, 07:59 PM
My latest editions, not horror related, but still, they're books.:)

RJK1981
06-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Nice, been tempted to pick up The Alchemist before, never done it though. Never seen the graphic novel of it though.

Decided to wait on picking up that copy of The Gunslinger for now, will probably look elsewhere for it and get it cheaper instead

peteOcha
06-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Nice, been tempted to pick up The Alchemist before, never done it though. Never seen the graphic novel of it though.

Decided to wait on picking up that copy of The Gunslinger for now, will probably look elsewhere for it and get it cheaper instead

I haven't read it before either. And this was the first time I saw the graphic novel for it as well. Since it was the last copy i decided the time had come to finally check it out.:)

Tito_Villa
06-30-2011, 09:28 AM
I really want to read The Beach, the film is one of my favourites

PaulB
06-30-2011, 09:55 AM

Definitely pick up the book. I thought the movie was a bit of a let down after reading it.

peteOcha
06-30-2011, 12:15 PM

The movie compared to the book is crap in my opinion. I felt that the book was sooooo much better. But thats just my opinion. Give it a read and see for yourself.

srboone
06-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Got these the other day:

This is Moorcock's Pyat Quartet. It details the remininsces of a most unreliable narrator through the major events of Europe in the first half of the 2oth century. It's supposed to be one of the best things he's written, but I'll make up my own mind.

peteOcha
06-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Epic last name.:D

Sorry, but it had to be said.:)

frik51
06-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Didn't get your last post at first, pete.
Think I do now.....:o

sk

srboone
06-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Epic last name.:D

Sorry, but it had to be said.:)

Epic last name, epic lifetime of epic works. He was part of a group of SF/dark fantasy writers who brought speculative fiction into the forefront in the 60s and 70s, influencing 4 decades of witers.

Today, China Mieville writes what is called "New Wierd" ficition, but in the 60s and 70s it was called New Wave. For me, there's nothing new or wierd about what he writes.

From Moorcock's works you can recognize the beginnings of The Dark Tower series; don't know if King claims Moorcock as an influence or not.

peteOcha
07-01-2011, 07:09 AM
From Moorcock's works you can recognize the beginnings of The Dark Tower series; don't know if King claims Moorcock as an influence or not.

Sounds interesting! Gotta check him out then.

srboone
07-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Sounds interesting! Gotta check him out then.

Moorcock literally has 100+ books to his credit. His fantasy books average about 200 pages per. If you're interested in pursuing this, the best series to get a feeling for how Moorcock might have influenced the DT series is the original 6-book Elric series. Moorcock has written twice that number of Elric's further adventures since then, but these six give a good base for the various themes he explores.

Elric of Melnibone
The Sailor on the Seas of Fate
The Weird of the White Wolf
The Vanishing Tower
The Bane of the Black Sword
Stormbringer

The omnibus Elric volumes contain all the Elric stories, but these six are a good place to start. But be warned, if you decide to read more of Moorcock's works, they are maddeningly hard to find--i spent years scouring back-alley bookstores for old Daw paperbacks (pre-internet).

Kenwood
07-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Got these yesterday:

Fiona and Grams, by Gene O'Neill
Revenge Flick! by James Newman (second copy; dropped the first in the toilet after getting up from a shit, haha!)
Sideshow Exhibits, by Gene O'Neill, Gord Rollo and Michael McBride
The Avian, by Brian Knight
Whisonant/Creatures of the Light, by Mark Allan Gunnells

That was from Sideshow Publications (http://sideshowpressonline.com)' $30 paperback grab bag. I already own Fiona and Grams, but still it was worth the price. If anyone is interested in trading for Fiona and Grams, I'll throw in a shitty copy of Revenge Flick! It's dry. Haha.

peteOcha
07-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Moorcock literally has 100+ books to his credit. His fantasy books average about 200 pages per. If you're interested in pursuing this, the best series to get a feeling for how Moorcock might have influenced the DT series is the original 6-book Elric series. Moorcock has written twice that number of Elric's further adventures since then, but these six give a good base for the various themes he explores.

Elric of Melnibone
The Sailor on the Seas of Fate
The Weird of the White Wolf
The Vanishing Tower
The Bane of the Black Sword
Stormbringer

The omnibus Elric volumes contain all the Elric stories, but these six are a good place to start. But be warned, if you decide to read more of Moorcock's works, they are maddeningly hard to find--i spent years scouring back-alley bookstores for old Daw paperbacks (pre-internet).

I'll go scavenge the interwebs and see what I can find. Thanks for the info.

RJK1981
07-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Just got these from the Half Price Books closest to where I work and my previous address. All 4 hardcovers are 1 printings. The Lost Symbol was on clearance for $2 so I had to get it. They had a couple copies of Hearts in Atlantis HC on clearance as well, but I didn't even make it to looking at the number line because they weren't in good enough condition for me, lol. I already had a copy of Ghost Story but it's not in very good condition since the cover is ripping off

peteOcha
07-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Wow, nice deal! I wonder if they ship to europe?:) But nothing beats walking into the store and checking out the books for yourself before you buy.

Tito_Villa
07-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Nice haul!

peteOcha
07-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Just checked, and they do ship to europe. Had to force myself to leave their site though, somehow books just started flying into my cart and voices started whispering in my ear, "buy, buy...". They do have some amazing books for sale. I'll make sure to set some cash aside and order a few from them.

RJK1981
07-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah, half price has online ordering from some sellers now, that is still pretty new, haven't used it yet myself

RJK1981
07-02-2011, 10:42 PM
And thanks. Nothing great, but still books I want in my collection, trying to get as many 1st printings of the hardcovers as I can, though some will obviously be harder to get at a cheap price. Might have to end up ordering a 1st of Desperation off Ebay, haven't found one in good enough condition yet for me. Still have another location close to me I may visit next week though

Kenwood
07-04-2011, 02:54 AM
Hit up a thrift shop today.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/Kenwood75/sf_haul-1.jpg

Owner sold me all those for $5. Pretty sweet deal.

Tito_Villa
07-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Thats a hell of a lot of reading!

peteOcha
07-04-2011, 09:27 AM
$5! Great deal! By the dates on some of those it seems they might be hard to come by.

Blu Gilliand
07-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Picked up Best Horror of the Year Volume 3 a few days ago.

Tito_Villa
07-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Picked up Best Horror of the Year Volume 3 a few days ago.

Congrats, what year is that from?

srboone
07-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Got these today:

Mervyn Peake, author of the Gormenghast novels, every Sunday while living on the Isle of Sark, would entertain his family by telling them fantastical stories and spontaneously drawing pictures to animate them; however, he never wrote down any of the stories. To celebrate the centenary of Peake's birth (09July), Michael Moorcock invented his own stories and verses based on those surviving drawings.

After the Burn by Ronald Kelly, Thuderstorm Books. 6 short stories and 2 novellas about the aftermath of a nuclear detonation. One story, Flesh Welder, was published as a chapbook by Croatoan Publishing and offered earlier this year by CD.

Tito_Villa
07-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Cool, really like the artwork!

Menace
07-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Just got an email showing me what books are being shipped
to me for the Cemetery Dance Early Readers Club 3.0

Torn - By Lee Thomas
Amazonas - By Alan Peter Ryan
Lucifer's Lottery - By Edward Lee
Four Legs in the Morning - By Norman Prentiss
Screamplays - Edited by Richard Chizmar

I wonder which one is signed.

and I can't wait for my Back to the Beach and Stephen King Grab Bags to come in.

RJK1981
07-05-2011, 11:31 PM
I wonder which one is signed.

Would you prefer to know before getting it or would you like to know beforehand? I can tell you, but won't if you don't wanna know.

srboone
07-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Would you prefer to know before getting it or would you like to know beforehand? I can tell you, but won't if you don't wanna know.

Someone mentioned which one was signed in a post in another thread, I think.

Should get In Laymon's Terms by Friday...and another treasure box before then...

Menace
07-05-2011, 11:37 PM

Let it be a surprise..

RJK1981
07-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Sounds good. Was going to say which it was and put a spoiler tag around it, but I know if it was me I'd be too tempted to see what the spoiler was, lol

I'm waiting for In Laymon's Terms and Keith Minnion's It's For You (And Other Dark Speculations) for sure. Also ordered Corpse Blossoms from Creeping Hemlock, not sure when it'll be shipped though

Menace
07-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Sounds good. Was going to say which it was and put a spoiler tag around it, but I know if it was me I'd be too tempted to see what the spoiler was, lol

Yup I would look

RJ Sevin
07-06-2011, 06:25 AM

I'm waiting for In Laymon's Terms and Keith Minnion's It's For You (And Other Dark Speculations) for sure. Also ordered Corpse Blossoms from Creeping Hemlock, not sure when it'll be shipped though

Thanks a bunch. You book was shipped today. I hope you enjoy it!

Tito_Villa
07-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Just arrived
The Bachman Books UK 1st edition
Sub Press trades of The Executioness by Tobias S Buckell & The Alchemist by Paulo Bacigalupi

RJK1981
07-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Thanks a bunch. You book was shipped today. I hope you enjoy it!

Awesome, thanks a lot

RJK1981
07-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Found a few more 1st printings today. Still have to go to another HPB, might go on Friday.

I really liked the King signature that was etched in the front of The Tommyknockers (similar to the Cemetery Dance Signature Series hardcovers).

Desperation had a SK in the hardcover, and this picture is on the hardcover of Rose Madder

peteOcha
07-07-2011, 07:35 AM
I just love the artwork of that Desperation dust jacket! And the rose on Rose Madder is a nice touch. I like when they add something to the cover under the dj, as I always take them off while reading.

Tito_Villa
07-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Nice haul, you should put some covers on the dustjackets to keep them extra nice!

srboone
07-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Just had a visit from the my friendly neighborhood UPS man: :)

Easton Press' Day after Doomsday set. :cool:

Will post art in my collection thread.

Tito_Villa
07-07-2011, 05:23 PM
They look real nice together!

Tito_Villa
07-08-2011, 03:31 PM
US Advanced Reader copy of 'The Passage'

goathunter
07-08-2011, 07:12 PM
I collect all of the McCammon editions I can find. These are my most recent acquisitions.

German, Spanish, and Danish editions of Gone South, Mine, They Thirst, Boy's Life, and Post Mortem:

http://hunter.goatley.com/books/german-spanish-books.jpg

Brand-new Russian editions of They Thirst, Swan Song (2 books), The Wolf's Hour, and Boy's Life (2 books):

http://hunter.goatley.com/books/russian-books.jpg

Hunter

frik51
07-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Wish I could see them, I only see the dreaded X, unfortunately.

sk

RJK1981
07-09-2011, 01:26 AM
I am not seeing the pictures either

goathunter
07-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Do you see them now?

Hunter

Ben Staad
07-09-2011, 02:51 AM
Great books GH! I really like the "Boys Life" cover. Very creepy.

RJK1981
07-09-2011, 04:21 AM
Got all of these today. Hunter's Run and Swan Song are from HPB. Thought my copy of It's For You was missing the sig. page but I found it in the back which is a first for me, lol

Tito_Villa
07-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Nice, yeah i was the same with the Centipede Press books because they all have their sig pages at the back!

Beambounder
07-09-2011, 12:45 PM
I bought "A signed ,doodled Hardcover preorder, version of "Locke and key 4, and #1 and 2 original comics from the same book, The Dark Tower "Set of The Little Sisters of Eluria".I found and purchased a Hardcover nice condition "First Book Club Edition of Carrie", for $7.00; YES! Plus a 5.00 copy of "The Dead Zone hardcover First Edition." Perfect Condition Also the first "Stand No Man's Land,"and" Hardcases loose Comics Set","The Stephen King Story Comic", and Clive Barker's Hellraiser's comics #1 and #2 .Beautiful Art in the comics SWEET. Went crazy when I got paid. Yet, it is Summer delight, buying newreads the last couple of weeks. My Horror fix is temporarily sated, Beambounder-Enjoy ,do not let anyone bring you down. Long days and pleasant Nights. Fireworks in long beach N.Y. tonight.Riverside Drive on the beach. Back to Vacationing.

Tito_Villa
07-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Sounds quite a haul!

peteOcha
07-09-2011, 09:56 PM

Tito_Villa
07-10-2011, 12:28 PM
More info please :), because i have never heard of it before and it looks interesting

peteOcha
07-10-2011, 02:32 PM
The Witcher. The Last Wish is the first book of the series.

Fantasy, elves, monsters, witches, and the like.

There's a popular video game based on the books.

peteOcha
07-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Just got these:

Tito_Villa
07-12-2011, 09:35 PM
I realllly like that cover for 'The Five', congratulations!

peteOcha
07-12-2011, 09:39 PM
I realllly like that cover for 'The Five', congratulations!

Thanks! I absolutely love the cover for The Five. And Dreamsongs has a really nice cover as well

bsaenz24
07-12-2011, 09:49 PM
peteOcha, you might want to look into Subterranean Press' GRRM: A Retrospective. It contains the complete text of Dreamsongs 1 & 2 plus a black and white picture for each story. There were three editions: trade, limited and lettered.

peteOcha
07-13-2011, 07:23 AM
peteOcha, you might want to look into Subterranean Press' GRRM: A Retrospective. It contains the complete text of Dreamsongs 1 & 2 plus a black and white picture for each story. There were three editions: trade, limited and lettered.

Thanks, will search for it now!

srboone
07-13-2011, 11:52 AM
My latest: The Ninth Configuration/Twinkle, Twinkle, Killer Kane by William Peter Blatty254.

Hasn't arrived yet, tho. And with my luck, CD will bring out an edition of it in 2012.

Tito_Villa
07-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Well you won't be dissapinted with the quality of the book, i really to like my Centipede Press editions, congrats

jester05jk
07-14-2011, 12:53 AM
Broken on the Wheel of Sex - Ketchum signed limited from 1999 sideshow press
In Laymon's Terms
Island Funeral - Minnion
Barfodder - Graves

srboone
07-14-2011, 01:52 AM
Broken on the Wheel of Sex - Ketchum signed limited from 1999 sideshow press
In Laymon's Terms
Island Funeral - Minnion
Barfodder - Graves

I really enjoyed Barfodder. I picked it up soley to use one of the participation coupons I keep getting, but I'm glad I did.:)

srboone
07-18-2011, 10:12 PM
I had my eye on this one for a while. I finally broke down and bought it:

RJK1981
07-19-2011, 01:55 AM
I had my eye on this one for a while. I finally broke down and bought it:

Very nice, have my eye on that one as well, definitely plan to get it before too much longer

jester05jk
07-20-2011, 03:04 AM
It's not a bad read. But then again I'm kind of impartial to Ketchum.

srboone
07-20-2011, 04:23 AM
I'm partial to dark westerns. I've only read acouple of ketchum books, but it looked good...

RJK1981
07-20-2011, 05:46 AM
Just won the Signed and Numbered HC edition of Douglas Clegg's Breeder from SP for just $9.99 on Ebay.

Now I just have to wait for it to arrive, lol. Have another book that'll hopefully arrive tomorrow

Tito_Villa
07-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Nice new arrivals everyone. Not been on really since saturday but there is a very good reason for that. I made a new purchase on Saturday, something that i have wanted for a very long time, more than any book that i have in my house at the moment and it all seemed to come together with wirlwind speed.

Here is my new pride and joy ....

Annable the dog :) (sorry for the bad pic, she has been so excited over the past couple of days its been hard to get any kind of picture)
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Annable.jpg
We were very lucky. She's from a local rescue centre and i was called up on saturday morning to come and see her because the family that were suposed to be having here hadn't turned up. Well i got a friend to drive me straight there and i'm so glad he did. Annable is a little terrier cross who was found as a stray in a local city, she loves everything and everyone, will do anything for a little bit of fuss. She doesn't bark and seems so far to be house trained. Anyway, both me and my girlfriend are soooo very happy to have her as a new member of our small family!

srboone
07-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Congrats on the new addition!!! My dog passed away last year and I haven't gotten another yet. I got Jack from a shelter when he was 6 weeks old back in 96. He was a great hunting dog...soon, tho. I need another one.

peteOcha
07-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Cool dog. :) I love dogs and it's great that you picked this one up from the shelter!

+1 for the ps3

jhanic
07-20-2011, 11:47 AM
My latest (contains King's The House on Maple Street):

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_Proofs/ChroniclesofHarrisBurdickproof.jpg

This also came with a promotional poster signed by the editor, Chris Van Allsburg. The poster is too big to fit in my scanner.

John

TerryE
07-20-2011, 02:29 PM
My latest (contains King's The House on Maple Street):

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_Proofs/ChroniclesofHarrisBurdickproof.jpg

This also came with a promotional poster signed by the editor, Chris Van Allsburg. The poster is too big to fit in my scanner.

John

I loved the original book with the pictures. I got it after I read the House on Maple Street in Skeleton Crew. I'm guessing these are more the stories that were inspired. Great idea. Just went to amazon and ordered a copy for when it's released.

TerryE
07-20-2011, 05:37 PM
No picture, but I received my Earthling Press edition of Stephen Jones's The Very Best of Best New Horror. Now if I could only decide whether to put it with my King, Gaiman, Hill, or Straub signed/limiteds?

Martin
07-20-2011, 06:58 PM
I just received this one as well, it is a beautiful. I placed it on the shelf with my King limited editions but it may move. If I remember correctly I originally had my limited He is Legend there and now it is with my Hill books. To be honest I do not know why I place books were I place them. I seem to put a lot of thought into placement and then when I look back I can't explain my decision.
No picture, but I received my Earthling Press edition of Stephen Jones's The Very Best of Best New Horror. Now if I could only decide whether to put it with my King, Gaiman, Hill, or Straub signed/limiteds?

TerryE
07-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Oh, and I also got an anthology, Zombies: The Recent Dead. Another Neil Gaiman story with some Joe R. Lansdale, Brian Keene, David J. Schow, and some yahoo named Nik Houser whose name seems slightly familiar :)

jhanic
07-20-2011, 09:26 PM
I loved the original book with the pictures. I got it after I read the House on Maple Street in Skeleton Crew. I'm guessing these are more the stories that were inspired. Great idea. Just went to amazon and ordered a copy for when it's released.

Each of the stories has its own picture, even in the ARC. It's really neat!

John

jhanic
07-25-2011, 11:03 PM
My latest proof, with King's recipe for Pretty Good Bread:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_Proofs/ManwithaPanproof.jpg

John

srboone
07-25-2011, 11:28 PM
:cool::cool:Outstanding!!!:cool::cool:

jester05jk
07-25-2011, 11:53 PM
Postscripts 22/23 signed limited hardcover with dustjacket and traycase, very nice but the some of the signature sheets are loose
Ladies Night - Ketchum signed limited by Silver Salamander Press
Thre3some - Garton signed limited hardcover (75/100) by Sideshow Press
Revene Flick! - Newman signed limited paperback by Sideshow Press (I noticed they were both labeled "#8 in the black ink press collection", or something like that)

frik51
07-26-2011, 02:44 AM
Awesome, John!!

sk

peteOcha
07-26-2011, 07:32 AM
My latest proof, with King's recipe for Pretty Good Bread:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_Proofs/ManwithaPanproof.jpg

John

That looks like something I need to pick up! :)

Tito_Villa
07-26-2011, 08:18 AM
Jester e-mail PS Publishing and i'm sure the ywill be very helpful in sorting out your problem, they have always replied to mine & sorted stuff asap.

jhanic
07-26-2011, 08:07 PM
What appear to be the original printer's proofs for It:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/It1.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/It3.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/It4.jpg

And the same for Misery:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/Misery1.jpg

I originally thought these were just F&Gs, but after inspection, I realize these are pre-proof items.

John

Dan Hocker
07-26-2011, 09:31 PM
What appear to be the original printer's proofs for It:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/It1.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/It3.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/It4.jpg

And the same for Misery:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/Misery1.jpg

I originally thought these were just F&Gs, but after inspection, I realize these are pre-proof items.

John

Awesome find John.

Tito_Villa
07-27-2011, 08:27 AM
They look great, John how will you display them? Or will they just be stored away?

jhanic
07-27-2011, 11:55 AM
They'll probably just be stored away. I really don't have a good idea of how to display them.

John

mhatchett
07-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Welcome little Terrier Mix! We have two dachshunds and a hobgoblin.

mhatchett
07-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Southern Gods By John H. Jacobs. Nightshade Books. So far,so good. MDH

jester05jk
08-04-2011, 01:51 AM
The Lost by Jack Ketchum CD ARC... I was moved by the King ARC's so I think I'm going to start doing it with Ketchum.

mhatchett
08-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Two from Subterranean, The Terror, and Club Dumas.

Beambounder
08-05-2011, 12:02 PM
I purchased "The Little Sisters of Eluria' in Bound hardcover, Joe Hills One shot "The Cape" comic,as well as his 1st installment of "the Cape" arc, My 7th signed Joe hill Book" ;this one being "The multi-storied "The Keys to the Kingdom with A Lock Drawing on the multi key page "COOL",Inscribed "Locke on". One more and I'll have 8 books including the WHOLE "Locke and Key Set;of five Arcs All, signed Two personally inscribed to me.I picked up for 5 bucks a perfect hardcover of The "First Edition of Short stories" -I Shudder at your Touch" Featuring Stephen King. A perfect hardcover Edition of "The Dead Zone "with acid free cover,and a well kept copy 1972 First edition Hardcover bookclub ,Large Thin version of of "Carrie"(the edition photographed on the Stephen King Website.) I have been Finding some great old Hardcovers in Perfect Condition trawling EBAy ,-boy- it Pays off sometimes.Next i will purchase -when it comes up for sale "The Wind Through the Keyhole" "Artist's Edition" and 11/22/63 from "The overlook Publishers-Nice Slipcase or Cemetery Dance -I have to spread whatever wealth I can to small publishers-it is KA- I'll have enough to read until it is banned "for shipping rate reasons or some green law about paper". Those Kindles,and Nooks are really bothering me. You know I'll buy "81", but i am a Completist-I must go on. I'll buy it collected in book form or Audio Book when it's released and you know it will. all bases must be covered. Well I have been stocking up for the winter and the rest of this Scorcher-beautiful day in Long Beach-Cicadas ,shrill lets me know it is "interesting 'and "odd" to be alive. Keeping A NICE garden -Very green on the deck in my Crows Nest Sanctum Sanctorum. I love it.
High up in the trees with the sunlight it is like a little bubble of heaven. Life on life's terms "Long Days and Pleasant Nights" Thankee-ya big big Ya Big ,Big".Forum Bibliophiles.

mhatchett
08-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Really a great book!

Tito_Villa
08-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Looks really smart!

jester05jk
08-11-2011, 02:54 AM
Masques 3
Crossroads of Twilight

Both are 1st editions. I went on an eBay purge and started building back up my Robert Jordan collection. I had an ex take most of them, it sucks!!! I currently have 7 of them and like 3 more on their way. The first one is sooooooo expensive nowadays though.

jester05jk
08-12-2011, 02:40 AM
Lord of Chaos - Jordan
Weed Species - Ketchum CD lettered
She Wakes - Ketchum CD limited
Masques illustrated book 1 and 2
The Woman - Ketchum and McKee Infernal House limited, this book is huge. The traycase is about the size of 2 standard hardbacks turned sideways and placed spine to spine.

srboone
08-12-2011, 06:33 PM
The Woman - Ketchum and McKee Infernal House limited, this book is huge. The traycase is about the size of 2 standard hardbacks turned sideways and placed spine to spine.

I was tempted with this one, it looked spectacular; alas, I'm not there yet...:(

Here are my latest:

Timber Gray & Cumberland Furnace by Ronald Kelly (unsigned TPBs from Bad Moon)
Little Siters of Eluria/The Gunslinger--Artists Edition 3064/4000

Just ordered some slipcases for DT IV-VII from DMG.

frik51
08-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Great catch!

sk

srboone
08-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks, Siep. How was your vacation?

ozmosis7
08-13-2011, 06:02 PM
http://kennethwcain.com/temp/LatestBooks.png

Tito_Villa
08-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Is that a 1st printing of 'Better than Home'???

ozmosis7
08-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Unfortunately it's the 2nd. I picked all of this on ebay for right around $30 total (except for the Malicious Deviance which I bought from Amazon, as I did the cover artwork for that one). This one seller had tons of Joe Hill stuff, and I missed most of the bids. Signed 1st limiteds were selling for around $30-40 or so. The 1st print of this sold for $12 I believe. It was a bidding frenzy for what I could go for.

srboone
08-15-2011, 09:29 PM
330:cool:331:cool:

I know what you're thinking: Why would this be important in a dark suspense/horror/fantasy collector?

Well, these two titles were written by...Ronald Kelly! :D

Maybe you already knew that (I'm pretty slow sometimes...). I received the first one today, the second one is (obviously) a stock fotergraf.:o

frik51
08-16-2011, 05:28 AM
Never heard of Ronald Kelly. Is he worth checking out?

sk

srboone
08-16-2011, 05:41 AM
CD published an anthology of his short ficiton in 2009, Midnight Grinding. The CD published Hell Hollow in 2010. He writes "Southern Horror"; and he's terrific with southern dialects and settings; when he ventures out of the South, he can become trite, but I like his writing. MG is one of my favorite CD books that I own--from an entertainment perspective.

His website says CD will publish his new novel A Dark & Bloody Ground in 2012--though Dan or Brian won't comment.:rolleyes:

Endless Horror Tale
08-16-2011, 01:09 PM
I just started "Hell Hollow" last week. I didn't have much reading time this weekend, so I'm only about six or seven chapters in, but have enjoyed what I've read so far.

Dan Hocker
08-16-2011, 02:38 PM
I think we might still have a few copies of Midnight Grinding, I know we're out of Hell Hollow. If you're on the fence though Midnight Grinding is one of the eBooks we've done, which wouldn't cost anywhere near as much as the print version.

Endless Horror Tale
08-16-2011, 05:20 PM
I think we might still have a few copies of Midnight Grinding, I know we're out of Hell Hollow. If you're on the fence though Midnight Grinding is one of the eBooks we've done, which wouldn't cost anywhere near as much as the print version.

Let me know if you do have a print copy left - the website shows it as being out of stock, but if you still have a copy or two knocking around, I'd be interested in checking it out. Still prefer my books to be analog. :p

Thanks!

bsaenz24
08-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Still prefer my books to be analog. :p

Amen to that!! I do like ebooks, but they will never take the place of a real book!!!

srboone
08-16-2011, 08:04 PM
I highly recommend Midnight Grinding. "Forever Angels" is one of the most effective horror stories I've ever read. I have my "analog" copy and it's the only CD volume I've read twice in it's entirety. I'm sure the ebook is just as effective (though I have a hard time imagining sitting in a darkened room lit only by the lovely creeping tendrils of light emitted by a kerosene lantern--which happens frequently when your life is completely electrical--reading your...digital book. It just doesn't work. That would be a midnight dreary...)

Dan Hocker
08-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Let me know if you do have a print copy left - the website shows it as being out of stock, but if you still have a copy or two knocking around, I'd be interested in checking it out. Still prefer my books to be analog. :p

Thanks!

Looks like I do. Shoot me an email and I can hook ya up.

jester05jk
08-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Towers of Midnight - Jordan and Sanderson

Dan Hocker
08-17-2011, 02:55 AM
Towers of Midnight - Jordan and Sanderson

Good book, I can't wait for the next one.

jester05jk
08-17-2011, 03:00 AM
I haven't read the last 2 yet, debating on starting them over once I finish filling in the series, again.

Endless Horror Tale
08-17-2011, 02:28 PM
I highly recommend Midnight Grinding. "Forever Angels" is one of the most effective horror stories I've ever read. I have my "analog" copy and it's the only CD volume I've read twice in it's entirety. I'm sure the ebook is just as effective (though I have a hard time imagining sitting in a darkened room lit only by the lovely creeping tendrils of light emitted by a kerosene lantern--which happens frequently when your life is completely electrical--reading your...digital book. It just doesn't work. That would be a midnight dreary...)

Dan was able to locate a copy in the CD Vaults, so I'm looking forward to getting it in my greedy little hands. I'm also looking forward to getting some reading time this evening so I can spend some more time in "Hell Hollow". My real life needs to calm down so I can spend more time with my nose in a book! :p

jhanic
08-17-2011, 06:11 PM
It 25th Anniversary edition proof from CD:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/It25thAnniversaryEditionproof.jpg

And the spine:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/It25thAnniversaryEditionspineproof.jpg

John

frik51
08-17-2011, 06:31 PM
John strikes again - AWESOME!!

and, CONGRATULATIONS!!

sk

Dan Hocker
08-17-2011, 06:41 PM
And now I don't have to worry about posting mine in my collection thread. Congratulations John!

Tito_Villa
08-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Congrats John!

jester05jk
08-18-2011, 11:04 PM
I got 2 new Ketchum books

Right to Life paperback with 2 bonus stories
Cover Gauntlet Press lettered edition minus the traycase and also the line for the letter is blank. Kinda cool.

srboone
08-23-2011, 02:46 AM
Bone Marrow Stew by Tim Curran, Tasmaniac Publications. Art by Keith Minnion, Introduction by Simon Clark. I'd been looking for a Curran antholgy since I read his "Skull Eater Campaign" in Four Rode Out.

jester05jk
08-23-2011, 05:42 AM
Absinthe - Ketchum and Lebbon

JDar.
08-23-2011, 04:36 PM
October will have more than Halloween this year, these books will be arriving at my door:

THE BRAINPAN CONCERTO/Kurt Newton (Sideshow Press)

BLOOD HARVEST/James A Moore (Earthling)

QUIET, KEEPS TO HIMSELF/Michael McBride (Thunderstorm)

. . . . and perhaps THE CRANE HOUSE (CD)

Life is good. :cool:

jester05jk
08-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Scissors - Garton

Tito_Villa
08-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Original artwork from 'IT'

PaulB
08-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Shock Value: How a Few Eccentric Outsiders Gave Us Nightmares, Conquered Hollywood and Invented Modern Horror. It was a blind buy off Amazon cos it sounded interesting.

peteOcha
08-26-2011, 12:59 PM

Please tell us that you'll post some pics?? :)

RJK1981
08-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Latest purchases have been The Dropper LE and IT artwork

frik51
08-26-2011, 03:58 PM

Now when are you going to show us what you've got, Tom??!!
Plus...how in the world did you manage to get your hands it?

sk

Tito_Villa
08-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Haha yes i will show you a pic i took quickly before it went to the framers but i can't post it until i get my new computer tomorrow night :) Erin Wells, one of the illustrators from the book is selling some of her stuff - Link to the website (http://www.erinwells.com/origart_sale.html) and she really is great to deal with!

folgersnyourcup
08-29-2011, 12:37 AM
Tito, your link makes me even more excited to receive It....if that were possible.

Tito_Villa
08-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Really sorry for the delay in posting a pic, but a week ago my labtop decided to die and then i have purchased a HP Tablet (the ones that were being sold of cheap) and don't know how to do very much yet :) but back at work and hey presto here it is just before i went to the framers ...
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Books/IT.jpg

frik51
08-30-2011, 03:43 PM
I absolutely LOVE it, Tom.
From what I've seen, I'm not too fond of the upcoming IT illustrations, but yours is an exception:sheer perfection!!
Congratulations on one heck of a purchase!!

sk

Tito_Villa
08-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks siep, i really love the illustration because of its simplicity and it could only have IT as its inspiration. Also its one that the girlfriend will let me display in the livingroom :) I think a colorised version will be used for the signature sheet so i'm interested to see what that will look like!

bsaenz24
08-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Not sure if it's just because I'm getting older or what, but I seem to find myself, at least for horror titles, enjoying the black and white art more than the color. Maybe it's from growing up on the old black and white monster movies??

frik51
08-30-2011, 04:13 PM
i really love the illustration because of its simplicity

Exactly the reason I really like it as well.
Plus the fact there's only a human hand -not a whole body. Those are the ones that just don't look right. At least, to me they don't.

sk

frik51
08-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Not sure if it's just because I'm getting older or what, but I seem to find myself, at least for horror titles, enjoying the black and white art more than the color. Maybe it's from growing up on the old black and white monster movies??

True!
I didn't grow up on the old(er) black and white horror flicks, but heard about them from my dad (who did) and now I've a huge b/w collection. Some of those (Universal!!) look just amazing. Much more so than what we see these days.

sk

Tito_Villa
08-30-2011, 07:36 PM

Well I'm 25 soon and I love black & white illustrations too, they ooze class!

jhanic
08-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Exactly the reason I really like it as well.
Plus the fact there's only a human hand -not a whole body. Those are the ones that just don't look right. At least, to me they don't.

sk

I wouldn't exactly call that a "human hand". :p

John

jester05jk
08-31-2011, 02:15 AM
Dark Voices vol 3 - Forever & Father and Son - Ketchum

Dave1442397
08-31-2011, 01:41 PM
The Saga of Lake Tahoe; a Complete Documentation of Lake Tahoe's Development Over the Last One Hundred Years, Vol I and II, by Edward B. Scott.

We just spent ten days out at Lake Tahoe, and I saw these books on sale for $65 each. I liked them , and found them used but mint on Amazon for $60 total.

I also bought Hell on Two Wheels: An Astonishing Story of Suffering, Triumph, and the Most Extreme Endurance Race in the World by Amy Snyder. I bought this one because I like cycling and it's a race I'd never heard of. Sounds interesting and got great reviews.

Finally, although not a book, I got Monty Python's Life Of Brian - The Immaculate Edition [Blu-ray]. I love this movie, and I'm looking forward to watching it again along with all the extra material.

frik51
08-31-2011, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't exactly call that a "human hand". :p

John

:D

sk

mhatchett
08-31-2011, 04:53 PM

Two nice additons today. Altered Carbon Richard Morgan. A real favorite. So much good about the whole Takeshi Kovacs series. Not a big fan of his Steele Fantasy seires though. Game of Thrones Martin, published by Harper/Voyager. Ordered the whole set from Amazon UK. Looks and feels expensive with the slipcase, but really reasonable and dealing with the UK site was super easy. Shipping wasn't crazy either. I'm pleased with the product. Maybe one day I'll hit the lottery and spend $8,000.00 on the MM/Subterranean set......Nah.HAHAHA! Hope everyne is recovering from Irene. The lights are coming back on!
Mike

frik51
08-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Very, very nice, Mike!!

A Game of Thrones, unfortunately, is temporarily (I hope) out of stock. Now why didn't I order it when I could?
Instead, I pre-ordered A Clash of Kings...with more to follow.

sk

fleggett
08-31-2011, 10:30 PM
frik, I'm selling my AGoT. It's practically brand-new. I only took it out to take some quick & dirty pics. PM me if you're interested. I'm just asking MSRP+shipping.

Be warned, though, that this is NOT the "deluxe" edition many hoped for. There've been a lot of complaints about it on Westeros (http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/50607-a-song-of-ice-and-fire-slipcase-editions/), including a negative post from me. I just want you to be fully informed before investing in this set.

mhatchett
09-01-2011, 12:40 AM
I would say you're right. It's not "Deluxe", leather or faux anything. But a nice compromise for some of the expensive editions out there. And they'll look pretty good on the shelf once they're all done. I hope.
Liked your site. MDH

frik51
09-01-2011, 04:21 AM
frik, I'm selling my AGoT. It's practically brand-new. I only took it out to take some quick & dirty pics. PM me if you're interested. I'm just asking MSRP+shipping.

Be warned, though, that this is NOT the "deluxe" edition many hoped for. There've been a lot of complaints about it on Westeros (http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/50607-a-song-of-ice-and-fire-slipcase-editions/), including a negative post from me. I just want you to be fully informed before investing in this set.

Thanks for the info and your honesty.
I'm sure Amazon will get new copies.
If not, I'll know where to find you!

sk

Tito_Villa
09-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Nice new additions!

peteOcha
09-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Man, I really gotta buy something so I can post in here. Been way too long...

Tito_Villa
09-01-2011, 09:18 AM
I should have another piece of artwork up in a few hours, its a painting of Annabel the dog done by Alex McVey :)

Tito_Villa
09-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Here it is, the first pic shows snaps at various times throught the painting proces and the second the final product that i recieved this morning :)
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Annabel2.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Annabel3.jpg

peteOcha
09-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Fantastic painting!

Tito_Villa
09-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Fantastic painting!

srboone
09-01-2011, 02:46 PM
I love the look of playful suspicion in Snaps' eyes as he eyes the dragonfly. Be sure to show it when it framed and hung (if that's your intention)!

Tito_Villa
09-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Yup definately going to get it matted and framed :)

frik51
09-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Another definite WOW, Tom.
Just gorgeous.

sk

jhanic
09-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Just arrived today:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/112263proof.jpg

and the publisher's letter:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/112263proofletter.jpg

John

frik51
09-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Another winner, John.
Congratulations!!!!

Now do you actually read these, or will you wait till November?

sk

Tito_Villa
09-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Contrats John, I can't wait to read it!

jhanic
09-01-2011, 08:09 PM
I'll begin reading it tonight. Very carefully.

John

mhatchett
09-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Sweet!

jhanic
09-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Received this Saturday with King's "Home Delivery":

Front:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_Proofs/Zombiesprooffront.jpg

Back

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_Proofs/Zombiesproofback.jpg

Interesting that the trade cover is pictured on the back cover.

John

Tito_Villa
09-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Congrats John, 'Home Delivery' has been in loadssss of anathologies!

Tito_Villa
09-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Been meaning to post this for a few days but still yet to figure how to use my tablet for photos (not sure it is possible!).

It is a wooden case by Dick of bookslipcase.com for my S/L of 'Stories' which was published by Mysterious Press (if i remember right) and is signed by 26 contributers!

Roddy Doyle, Joyce Carol Oates, Joanne Harris, Neil Gaiman (Twice), Michael Marshall Smith, Joe R. Lansdale, Walter Mosley, Michael Swanwick, Peter Straub, Lawrence Block, Jeffrey Ford, Chuck Palahniuk, Stewart O’Nan, Gene Wolfe, Carolyn Parkhurst, Kat Howard, Jonathan Carroll, Jeffery Deaver, Tim Powers, Al Sarrantonio (Twice), Kurt Andersen, Michael Moorcock, Elizabeth Hand and last but certainly not least, Joe Hill.

Limited to 250 copies, bound in leather with marbled endpapers its a handsome edition!
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Books/Storiescase2.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Books/Storiescase1.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Books/Storiescase3.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Books/Storiescase4.jpg

jhanic
09-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Nice, Tim! Dick's cases are always beautiful.

John

goathunter
09-06-2011, 07:43 PM
You guys keep outbidding me on the Zombies!x3 ARCs! I couldn't figure out why I kept losing them. It didn't dawn on me until I lost the third auction that there was a King story in it (I wanted it because of the McCammon story). I can't compete bid-wise with you crazy King collectors! ;)

Hunter

jhanic
09-06-2011, 11:23 PM
I was one of the ones that got a Zombies ARC.

John

mhatchett
09-08-2011, 12:31 AM
357 Bending the Willow, After the Burn, and The Killer is Dying By James Sallis. His book Drive was made into the movie by the same name coming out later this month. If you don't know his work, let me just say, this man is a writer. Bending the Willow is a biography of J. Brett as Holmes. The best bar none. And of course, the great and gracious Mr. Ron Kelly! A pretty good haul, I think!!
Mike

Grant Wootton
09-08-2011, 02:43 AM

Well, obviously it's not a book ... but ... it's a pretty cool addition to my Stephen King related collection ... Signed prop (by the guy that designed/made it) from the TV miniseries "The Stand". The lady that does my framing, etc, was quite happy to make a perspex display case, but refused to house the prop in her store during the process - can't say I blame her :p - whilst it fits in wonderfully with the rest of the SK related items I have, it's one pug ugly son of a bitch :o

Tito_Villa
09-08-2011, 08:07 AM
I would never be allowed that in the house lol

And that Ronald Kelly looks an interesting book!

mhatchett
09-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Wow! Can't top a prop. Sorry, that was bad.

goathunter
09-08-2011, 07:26 PM
I was one of the ones that got a Zombies ARC.

Fourth try was the charm. I finally won an eBay auction for one of the ARCs.

Hunter

jhanic
09-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Congratulations!

John

Grant Wootton
09-09-2011, 08:37 AM
My partner, Connie and I, have an accommodation - she has her art room complete with a boxfull of mice, and I have my room full of scary (to most people) stuff - at least I'm really confident that none of my artifacts won't give birth to a bigger boxfull of critters than she has, and none of mine have yet crapped on her work desk :D

I would never be allowed that in the house lol

And that Ronald Kelly looks an interesting book!

Tito_Villa
09-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Lucky man, we don't have enough rooms in our place for that but i am slowly taking over the livingroom hehe just a book at a time :)

Grant Wootton
09-09-2011, 08:39 AM
I'll pay that one :cool:

Wow! Can't top a prop. Sorry, that was bad.

Grant Wootton
09-09-2011, 10:29 AM
That's the way to do it - stealth :) We're lucky, have a 3 bedroom townhouse and just the two of us (plus mice) so we're able to expand (having said that, I'm also encroaching in the garage area - the car's outside (somewhere) so no harm done

Lucky man, we don't have enough rooms in our place for that but i am slowly taking over the livingroom hehe just a book at a time :)

Tito_Villa
09-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Nice pic, you should make a collection thread!

frik51
09-09-2011, 10:43 AM

Definitely.
Can't get enough of those.

sk

peteOcha
09-09-2011, 11:06 AM

Yes, please! :)

Grant Wootton
09-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Yes, please! :)

Done - started off with a couple of general views of my little Shop of Horrors under a new thread :D It's nice to be able to share my stuff with others of a similar mind (not many of those over here in Oz - unless they're all hiding under rocks .. hahaha).

PaulB
09-10-2011, 08:19 AM
(not many of those over here in Oz - unless they're all hiding under rocks .. hahaha).
Ahh...but there are a few of us down here.

Grant Wootton
09-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Ahh...but there are a few of us down here.

We seem to be few and far between though, mores a pity :)

beabohema
09-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Hey Grant,what is the large book that has the Whelan illustration on the spine.That illo is on the D.J. of Horror Story vol three {underwood-miller}.Thanks,Mark.

Grant Wootton
09-13-2011, 06:18 AM
Hey Grant,what is the large book that has the Whelan illustration on the spine.That illo is on the D.J. of Horror Story vol three {underwood-miller}.Thanks,Mark.

Hiya Mark - That beauty is the artists edition of Knowing Darkness - The Art of Stephen King, the photo you can see is the spine of the clam shell casing, and man, it's one h u g e bad boy of a book (weighs in at around maybe 20 kilograms all up) - really, it is a piece of art even before the interior book and portfolio are taken out. Cemetery Dance still may have a couple of the unsigned books in their warehouse (they were selling the remaining copies from Centipede Press they had just a couple of weeks back). If you're into SK related art, you can't go past this one. Funnily enough, I also have the Horror Story V 3 (a couple of others, too) ... I''l be posting pics of the Knowing Darkness under my Collections thread later if you're interested . Cheers, Grant:)

srboone
09-13-2011, 10:43 PM
My latest:

This is actual size. That crazy Thunderstorm Books publisher! :p

The only problem is that is it gets lost on a bookshelf. :confused:

But I love it.:cool:

Grant Wootton
09-14-2011, 06:19 AM
Very nice :cool:

Dave1442397
09-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Hiya Mark - That beauty is the artists edition of Knowing Darkness - The Art of Stephen King

That's a fantastic book. I bought it thinking I'd just browse through it looking at the artwork, but the artists' life stories are really well done and very interesting to read.

Grant Wootton
09-16-2011, 07:59 PM
That's a fantastic book. I bought it thinking I'd just browse through it looking at the artwork, but the artists' life stories are really well done and very interesting to read.

Totally agree, it's something more than a book of art, for sure :cool:

srboone
09-21-2011, 01:58 AM
Just got today:

To go along with the Hemingway collection from Easton Press. I'm sure I'll get around to it someday. I thought about waiting til Nov. 30 to get the leather-bound edition, but figured by then there'd be a signed/limited out there I'd want for that price.

peteOcha
09-21-2011, 08:37 PM
So not too long ago I discovered a book shop in the area the sells new and used books in English. Their horror/fantasy section is limited but I was able to pick up this, all for a grand total of about $15. :)

peteOcha
09-21-2011, 08:39 PM
The pb Firestarter is unread and in perfect condition, except for some minor color flaking on the cover (seems that in a few spots the blank ink has flaked, but very minor). And I just love the artwork in The Waste Lands:

peteOcha
09-21-2011, 08:41 PM
And this came a few days ago as well. Just had to get it since I loved the first volume!

frik51
09-22-2011, 04:14 AM
Great stuff, Squire & Pete.
Congratulations!!

sk

Tito_Villa
09-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Nice grabs everyone!

Tito_Villa
09-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Finally gotten my painting by Alex McVey and IT artwork back from the framer, sorry for the poor quality pics!
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Annabelpainting2.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/IT2.jpg

frik51
09-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Love it, Tom.
These are absolutely gorgeous!

sk

Tito_Villa
09-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Thanks Siep, i know have the nice problem of finding some wall space for them!

srboone
09-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Wow! They're stunning, Tom. And it would be ashame not to find space for the painting. It's beautiful!

TerryE
09-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Just received my s/l copy of Subterranean Press "Tales of Dark Fantasy 2". Bought it mostly for the Joe Hill tale.

Grant Wootton
09-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Really wonderful artwork Tom - I'm really, really, really envious of the IT artwork (particularly with my clown fetish) ;)

bsaenz24
09-23-2011, 02:48 PM
(particularly with my clown fetish) ;)

I can just see it now...."ok, baby...oh yeah...yeah, don't forget the big red shoes....that's it..." ;)

jhanic
09-23-2011, 05:08 PM
My newest, the UK proof of 11.22.63, front:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/UK112263prooffront.jpg

And the back:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/UK112263proofback.jpg

Interestingly, this is numbered with a number that indicates many more than 70 (which Lilja posted) were published. Because H&S has indicated they will take measures against people selling these before the release of the book, I'm not disclosing the number.

Also, each page of this proof is overprinted with a statement "Embargoed Hodder & Stoughton". I've never seen this before.

John

Tito_Villa
09-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Big congrats John, I can't wait to read it!

RJK1981
09-23-2011, 07:13 PM

This is my newest acquisition. Never heard of the author before, but it sounded interesting and has good reviews, including a starred review from PW. Unfortunately the author was killed before this book ever came out

peteOcha
09-23-2011, 07:17 PM

This is my newest acquisition. Never heard of the author before, but it sounded interesting and has good reviews, including a starred review from PW. Unfortunately the author was killed before this book ever came out

Wasn't he part of the NYPD auxiliary police force and killed while on duty? The name rings a bell...

frik51
09-23-2011, 07:23 PM
My newest, the UK proof of 11.22.63

Awesome, John! Congratulations - again!
I'm sure you must have finished the book by now. I'd love to hear your verdict!

sk

RJK1981
09-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Yep, you are correct. He was killed March 14, 2007. Was shot in the neighborhood he grew up in and died that night in the hospital he was born in. A gunman crossed Nick and his partner's path and they tried stopping him. They chased him and were both shot and killed, Nick was shot 6 times (1 bullet stopped by a vest he had to buy himself) and his partner was shot once in the head. They were both unarmed since they were in the auxiliary force.

peteOcha
09-23-2011, 07:47 PM
That is just horrible...

I hope that the book sells well!

gsconquest
09-23-2011, 09:39 PM

I read that a few months ago and really enjoyed it. It was meant to be the start of a series but sadly, the author's life was cut short.

Grant Wootton
09-23-2011, 09:45 PM
I can just see it now...."ok, baby...oh yeah...yeah, don't forget the big red shoes....that's it..." ;)

Baby didn't forget the big red shoes ;)

RJK1981
09-23-2011, 11:10 PM
That is just horrible...

I hope that the book sells well!

I hope so too. Was published in 2008 and no clue how well its sold so far. Never heard of it until looking at it in Half Priced Books.

srboone
09-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Baby didn't forget the big red shoes ;)

Does he make you float down there?:rolleyes:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH, that was bad! I hope God, Stevie and Pennywise can forgive me for that one!!!:eek:

Grant Wootton
09-24-2011, 04:44 AM
Does he make you float down there?:rolleyes:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH, that was bad! I hope God, Stevie and Pennywise can forgive me for that one!!!:eek:

You're bad man Mr Boone, I like that in a person :)

srboone
09-24-2011, 07:29 AM
You guys make it so easy to riff a bad SK joke, tho...:p

jhanic
09-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Well, I finished King's 11/22/63 this morning and am still digesting it. It took a turn at the end that I definitely did not expect. All in all, a very, very good story.

John

peteOcha
09-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Well, I finished King's 11/22/63 this morning and am still digesting it. It took a turn at the end that I definitely did not expect. All in all, a very, very good story.

John

Good to hear. I can't wait for it to come out!

frik51
09-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks, John.
Can't wait to read it....sometime next year...

sk

Tito_Villa
10-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Had such a great weekend at the Brighton fantasy convention, met and talked to loads of authors, bought lots of books, got all bar one signed (which i won in the raffle) but i'm glad to be home :)

srboone
10-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Good to hear, Tom. Can't wait to see what you got!:)