PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Latest Purchase

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

peteOcha
10-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Had such a great weekend at the Brighton fantasy convention, met and talked to loads of authors, bought lots of books, got all bar one signed (which i won in the raffle) but i'm glad to be home :)

Fantastic! Be sure to share some pics with us when you have the time. :)

Dave1442397
10-03-2011, 10:55 AM
This came in on Friday: http://charnelhouse.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=45

Harlan Ellison's The Glass Teat & The Other Glass Teat Omnibus (Numbered Edition) from Charnel House. I got to look at it for five minutes before running around all weekend, but I must take some pics when I get a chance.

srboone
10-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Been hearing about this one for a long time. Congtats! Can't wait to see the pics!

RJK1981
10-04-2011, 11:11 PM

Newest purchase from today. The Dune book is in a plastic bag, so the stickers are on that and not the book itself

srboone
10-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Just got today:

I had to go to 5 Barnes & Noble Stores and Barnes & Noble. com to find a copy that didn't have a completely mangled dust cover. I looked at over 25 copies of this book and spent 3 1/2 hours travelling from store to store before I could find one that was acceptable (some ruffling on the top of the spine.) But this is ridiculous. I never had this problem with Borders.

Tito_Villa
10-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Nice cover though! I have got a ticket to the Stephen King event in Boston yay

Grant Wootton
10-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Just got today:

I had to go to 5 Barnes & Noble Stores and Barnes & Noble. com to find a copy that didn't have a completely mangled dust cover. I looked at over 25 copies of this book and spent 3 1/2 hours travelling from store to store before I could find one that was acceptable (some ruffling on the top of the spine.) But this is ridiculous. I never had this problem with Borders.

Very, very nice Mr Boone, well worth the trawling - maybe ??? Anyway, the cover artwork is brilliant :cool:

srboone
10-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Very, very nice Mr Boone, well worth the trawling - maybe ??? Anyway, the cover artwork is brilliant :cool:

Thanks, Mr. Woot! The whole series is illustated by Barker's paintings--which is why it takes so long for the next volume to come out. This one was turned in at 1800 pages and the published version is just under 600--seems like a lot didn't make it...

srboone
10-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Nice cover though! I have got a ticket to the Stephen King event in Boston yay

Congrats, Tom!!! let us in on how it goes!

Grant Wootton
10-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks, Mr. Woot! The whole series is illustated by Barker's paintings--which is why it takes so long for the next volume to come out. This one was turned in at 1800 pages and the published version is just under 600--seems like a lot didn't make it...

Talk about E P I C :)

frik51
10-08-2011, 04:52 AM
I used to read Barker faithfully, till about a decade (nah, must be closer to two??) ago, when he would begin a new series, but somehow never continue it. Must be me though - I totally lost track of the Arabat series. How many books are there by now? Is this the second? Third? Will there be more?

And, congratulations, Tom!! Enjoy!!

sk

srboone
10-08-2011, 05:01 AM
...the Arabat series. How many books are there by now? Is this the second? Third? Will there be more?
sk

This is the third book. Funny thing is, the only Barker I've read are his young adult tales: The Thief of Always and Abarat. I know I started The Great and Secret Show, but I can't say if I finished it or not.

srboone
10-08-2011, 05:26 AM
Sent off for Easton Press' The Martian Chronicles signed by Ray Bradbury.

http://www.eastonpressbooks.com/leather/product.asp?code=2844

I think it's part of their "Masterpieces of Sci-Fi" collection that they are selling singly (usually a signed volume comes every seventh book in the set. It's not numbered.) It's the original collection of short stories, not like SP's definitive MC volume, but I couldn't pass it up.:cool:

Grant Wootton
10-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Sent off for Easton Press' The Martian Chronicles signed by Ray Bradbury.

http://www.eastonpressbooks.com/leather/product.asp?code=2844

I think it's part of their "Masterpieces of Sci-Fi" collection that they are selling singly (usually a signed volume comes every seventh book in the set. It's not numbered.) It's the original collection of short stories, not like SP's definitive MC volume, but I couldn't pass it up.:cool:

Very nice Mr Boone, really like those ridged leather books that Easton does so well - nice score indeed :cool:

Greenelk
10-15-2011, 08:00 PM
This turned up this morning!

Really enjoyed Let The Right One In so looking forward to reading this at some point

Tito_Villa
10-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Congrats! When I met John at fantasy con he drew an elephant in my copy lol

Tito_Villa
10-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Is that a limited edition of sorts?

Greenelk
10-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Is that a limited edition of sorts?

It's from Goldsboro books, it's just the standard version I believe, but they're numbered. Not quite sure why, think it's the number he signed for Goldsboro.

Just noticed they've found some stock of the signed Horns by Joe Hill again. Only £14.99 as well

Grant Wootton
10-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Very nice indeed Mr Elk :)

theenormityofitall
10-16-2011, 12:06 AM
The signed and dated trade edition of Full Dark, No Stars by King, Night in Lonsome October and The UK signed edition of The Travelling Vampire Show by Laymon as well as the limited edition of Mister B Gone by Clive Barker.
Can anyone give me a guess of how much these books are worth? I of course have a good idea, but I'd be interested to know what others think. The trade by King was actually $225, which I thought was kinda high whereas Just After Sunset was $200, both at Betts.
And now I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford the limited of Weaveworld by Barker since I'm also paying on the Books of Blood limited by Barker as well as the limted edition of Dawn to Dusk by Bradbury too.

srboone
10-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Just ordered this (released 26OCT11):

• A handsome slipcase edition featuring a linen slipcase and book cover, foil stamped original design, acid-free paper and a satin ribbon marker.
• A special conversation between George R. R. Martin and Barnes & Noble. The author discusses his writing influences, his own style, his characters and their perspectives, having his vision come to the screen, and more!
• Barnes & Noble' s online series Meet the Writers interview with George R. R. Martin, in which the author talks about A Dance With Dragons, the fifth book in the Song of Ice and Fire series and a love of reading.
• George R. R. Martin answers questions about the new HBO original series A Game of Thrones.
• A special full-color preview, including original character sketches, of A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel, No. 1—based on George R. R. Martin's novel of the same name.

It seems a B&N exclusive; I had tried to order the one from Harper Collins, but I never was able to get one.

frik51
10-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Hey Squire, thanks for the tip! I decided to open a B&N account and order this book as well.
I shouldn't have, but my fingers decided for me......:rolleyes:

sk

Grant Wootton
10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Veeery nice Mr Boone :cool:

jhanic
10-17-2011, 06:26 PM
It appears there are two different states of the UK proof of King's 11.22.63. Both are numbered but have very different numbering schemes. The covers are identical. One has the statement "Embargoed/Hodder & Stoughton" on every page and the other doesn't. Here are the two pages:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/UK112263proofpage-1.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/UK112263proofpage.jpg

I apologize for the lousy scans, but I don't want to take the chance of harming the spine by opening them too widely.

I just got the first of these. I also got a copy of the Publisher's letter, but I'm not posting it until well after the book is published. I don't want to take any possibilities that it could disclose my contact.

John

Grant Wootton
10-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Excellent stuff John :cool:

Tito_Villa
10-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Interesting!

srboone
10-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Anyone else who is interested, B&N is selling AGoT pre-order for $25 (vice 50) for today only, probably til midnight EST.

peteOcha
10-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Oh why did I have to read this.... I really shouldn't... Maybe B&N doesn't ship to europe? Or they have really really expensive shipping....

frik51
10-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Maybe B&N doesn't ship to europe? Or they have really really expensive shipping....

Oh yes they do (I just opened an account..)

Oh no they don't (I just ordered the book..)

So, what are you waiting for, Pete?

sk

peteOcha
10-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Oh yes they do (I just opened an account..)

Oh no they don't (I just ordered the book..)

So, what are you waiting for, Pete?

sk

Money to drop out of the sky? :)

Ahh, but I just love this series and I need something better than a paperback, the story deserves it!

/going to check B&N now...

frik51
10-18-2011, 08:08 AM
The problem is, there's also a nice (Harper Voyager) UK series available. I haven't ordered it yet, but I'm sure I will, eventually.

sk

Correction: I just ordered A Game of Thrones (44% discount..)

Dan Hocker
10-18-2011, 08:05 PM
And so it begins (and will end with me being broke) just ordered 1st edition / 1st printings of Terry Brook's "Word and Void" series. Cheap for now, but will start getting expensive when I get to his earlier stuff.

srboone
10-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Welcome to the poor house Dan!!!

peteOcha
10-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Today B&N had a 70% discount on that special edition of A Game of Thrones!!!

Grant Wootton
10-18-2011, 08:52 PM

I know that place ;)

Dan Hocker
10-18-2011, 08:55 PM

I think the problem is, that I was already living in the poor house... So I must be in the poorer than poor house now.

peteOcha
10-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Now Dan, that's not nice. Are you implying that CD doesn't pay well?? ;)

frik51
10-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Today B&N had a 70% discount on that special edition of A Game of Thrones!!!

AAAHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh..I ordered mine too early.
(Both editions are on their way!)

sk

Dan Hocker
10-18-2011, 09:17 PM
AAAHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh..I ordered mine too early.
(Both editions are on their way!)

sk

I was waiting for that (from someone)

srboone
10-18-2011, 10:50 PM
The mailer I got said that 50% was going to be the best offer!!!!! But $25 still wasn't a bad price (but $20 would have been better...):(

peteOcha
10-19-2011, 08:23 AM
The mailer I got said that 50% was going to be the best offer!!!!! But $25 still wasn't a bad price (but $20 would have been better...):(

it was actually $14.77 (+/- a few cents)!! :)

srboone
10-19-2011, 09:00 AM
:(:(:(...:(

mhatchett
10-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Just picked up the Wildside Press release of the first Five Sten novels by Allan Cole and Chris Bunch. Nice trade paperbacks. Three more to go. Hope they don't drag their feet like they did with their Robert E. Howard releases. Cole and Bunch also wrote a great Vietnam novel called A Recoking for Kings. Anyway the Sten novels are great military/spy science fiction. I've enjoyed them for years and I'm glad to be able to get these nice trade editions.

frik51
10-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Hope they don't drag their feet like they did with their Robert E. Howard releases.

I'm on the lookout for some nice Howard books. How many Wildside Press editions are there? Hardcover? Worth hunting down??

sk

mhatchett
10-19-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm on the lookout for some nice Howard books. How many Wildside Press editions are there? Hardcover? Worth hunting down??

sk
I'll post a few later. They're ok. I can't committ beyond that. I like the set that the University of Nebraska put out in 2005. The Black Stranger is a great collection. The best of the Wildside books is The Gates of Empire. A collection of his historical fiction. "Sowers of Thunder" one of my all time favorite stories. I discovered these in Zebra paperbacks around 1976. Good luck with your Howard hunt. I think I'm done. Oh, the Donald Grant's are a sentimental favorite. I will pick one of those up every once in awhile. Mostly the non-Conan stuff.
Mike

frik51
10-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks, Mike, for your response. Looking forwards to whatever you'll post!

sk

mhatchett
10-20-2011, 04:38 PM

sk

sk
Just put up a few. The two on the left are from the University of Nebraska Press. The Black Stranger and other American Tales contains most of his Horror stories, including "Pigeons from Hell". Lord of Samarcand and other Tales of the Old Orient, historical fiction, Red Blades of Black Cathay, etc. Excellent books, acid free paper, good print, tight binding. Great value. The Wildside editions to the right and back are Black Hounds of Death, Gates of Empire and Treasures of Tartary.. Part of a ten Volume set of which I have nine. Not interested in Hour of the Dragon, unless I pick it up for almost free. Not a favorite Conan Story and I'm not a completist, I buy what I like. The collections are a bit of a mish-mash, except for Gates of Empire and Other Tales of the Crusades. I picked them up on the secondary market and was glad to get them for a reasonable price. I think you can still get them at the Wildside Press site. they run about $35.00 each. I think they would be great for someone starting out with Howard. Love 'em no, enjoyed them yes. But I highly recommend the University of Nebraska set. I think there about five or six in the set? A real academic approach to the collections. Love 'em and enjoyed 'em.

mhatchett
10-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Just put up a few. The two on the left are from the University of Nebraska Press. The Black Stranger and other American Tales contains most of his Horror stories, including "Pigeons from Hell". Lord of Samarcand and other Tales of the Old Orient, historical fiction, Red Blades of Black Cathay, etc. Excellent books, acid free paper, good print, tight binding. Great value. The Wildside editions to the right and back are Black Hounds of Death, Gates of Empire and Treasures of Tartary.. Part of a ten Volume set of which I have nine. Not interested in Hour of the Dragon, unless I pick it up for almost free. Not a favorite Conan Story and I'm not a completist, I buy what I like. The collections are a bit of a mish-mash, except for Gates of Empire and Other Tales of the Crusades. I picked them up on the secondary market and was glad to get them for a reasonable price. I think you can still get them at the Wildside Press site. they run about $35.00 each. I think they would be great for someone starting out with Howard. Love 'em no, enjoyed them yes. But I highly recommend the University of Nebraska set. I think there about five or six in the set? A real academic approach to the collections. Love 'em and enjoyed 'em.1111

frik51
10-20-2011, 08:30 PM
THANKS!! I think I can smell a hunt coming up....

sk

Dan Hocker
10-26-2011, 09:02 PM
And so it begins (and will end with me being broke) just ordered 1st edition / 1st printings of Terry Brook's "Word and Void" series. Cheap for now, but will start getting expensive when I get to his earlier stuff.

The first of these came today "Angel Fire East" I'll post some pictures in my collection thread when the other two get here.

bsaenz24
10-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Though I don't follow Brooks anymore, I REALLY like the Word/Void trilogy!!

Dan Hocker
10-28-2011, 05:45 PM
The first of these came today "Angel Fire East" I'll post some pictures in my collection thread when the other two get here.

The other two came today. I'll post some pictures tonight. The books aren't in as nice of condition as I was expecting, but they aren't bad considering how little I paid for them.

bsaenz24
10-28-2011, 06:07 PM
I really enjoy the first 3 Landover books too. Funny stories. If fact, I think his signing of Magic Kingdom For Sale. Sold. was my first signing ever in '86.

Dan Hocker
10-28-2011, 06:12 PM
I really enjoy the first 3 Landover books too. Funny stories. If fact, I think his signing of Magic Kingdom For Sale. Sold. was my first signing ever in '86.

Nice I'll have to read those when I'm done with The Dark Tower series. I'll probably hunt down some 1st's of "The Genesis of Shannara" series next month.

bsaenz24
10-28-2011, 06:25 PM
I was never able to track down a 1st/1st os Sword, but I did pickup Elfstones and Wishsong as they came out. THe Elfstones came with a crease on the inside flap of the dust jacket, but otherwise they're as new book. I always go back and forth between selling them and keeping them for th kids, who probably won't want them anyway!!! I did pick up a nf to f of a book club copy of sword, so at least it "looks" like a matching set on the shelf.

The Landover are fun reads, but they're not "serious" fantasy, which I expect you already know.

Dan Hocker
10-28-2011, 06:41 PM
I was never able to track down a 1st/1st os Sword, but I did pickup Elfstones and Wishsong as they came out. THe Elfstones came with a crease on the inside flap of the dust jacket, but otherwise they're as new book. I always go back and forth between selling them and keeping them for th kids, who probably won't want them anyway!!! I did pick up a nf to f of a book club copy of sword, so at least it "looks" like a matching set on the shelf.

The Landover are fun reads, but they're not "serious" fantasy, which I expect you already know.

Getting a 1st/1st of Sword is a long way off for me. I'm only buying up the cheap ones right now. Sword is a $600 purchase, can't really justify spending that kind of money at the moment. That and I have a lot of much much cheaper stuff I want to buy first.

theenormityofitall
10-30-2011, 09:50 PM
1. The Passage Signed, by Justin Cronin
2. The Girl Next Door TP Signed, by Jack Ketchum
3. Tales of Mystery and Madness (Poe), Signed plate by Gris Grimly
4. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, by Washington Irving, Signed plate by Gris Grimley
5. The Stand 4 and 5 HCs
6. Tales of Madness and Dementia (Poe), Signed plate by Gris Grimley
7. The 40th Anniversay Edition of The Exorcist Limited Edition, by William Blatty OOP
8. Dracula Limited Edition, Signed by 3, OOP
9. Kin Limited Edition, I forget the guy's name...Patrick somethin'
10. The Lost DVD, Signed by Jack Ketchum
11.The Stand 3 Soul Survivors, HC
12.Just After Sunset by Stephen King, Signed and Dated Trade edition.

There's a couple more but I'm tired of typing :)

mhatchett
10-31-2011, 08:44 PM
Picked these Matheson's up. I Love his autobiographical WWII Novel, The Beardless Warriors. Great book! And I'm always a sucker for Westerns!! Happy Halloween Everybody!!
MDH

PaulB
11-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Whilst not a super rare, signed, limited edition I have just finished Monsters In The Movies by John Landis. It is not intended to be the definitive text on monster movies but rather a fun, informative collection of some amazing pictures.

PaulB
11-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Inside the front cover

PaulB
11-01-2011, 10:49 AM
And the back...
It also includes interviews with people such as Joe Dante, Christopher Lee, David Cronenberg, Sam Raimi, Ray Harryhausen amongst others. A thoroughly enjoyable read.

peteOcha
11-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Got this one yesterday! Thanks Dan! :)

It's a fantastic book, I'm glad I picked it up (thanks to everyone on here for the recommendations!)

srboone
11-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Enjoy it, Pete. I did! Congrats!

frik51
11-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Whilst not a super rare, signed, limited edition I have just finished Monsters In The Movies by John Landis. It is not intended to be the definitive text on monster movies but rather a fun, informative collection of some amazing pictures.

I've been looking at this one on Amazon a couple of times -It's one I'll be getting for sure.

sk

frik51
11-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Got this one yesterday! Thanks Dan! :)

It's a fantastic book, I'm glad I picked it up (thanks to everyone on here for the recommendations!)

Yes, it's a wonderful book. One of the best on King.
Enjoy, Peter.

sk

Grant Wootton
11-02-2011, 04:48 AM
And the back...
It also includes interviews with people such as Joe Dante, Christopher Lee, David Cronenberg, Sam Raimi, Ray Harryhausen amongst others. A thoroughly enjoyable read.

That's an awesome book Paul, thanks for sharing it :cool:

PaulB
11-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks Grant. The poster for the Sperig brother's "Daybreakers", which was filmed here in Brisbane is dead centre of the front end piece!

RJK1981
11-03-2011, 04:01 AM
Got myself a copy of this today. Won't read it for a while probably, but wanted to have the whole trilogy on my bookcase

theenormityofitall
11-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I have to expand my damn horizons. It's like I'm stuck with all 80's authors and have no idea who these other guys are or if they're worth buying or what. I'm gonna need help on that sometime by one or more of you guys!

peteOcha
11-03-2011, 09:40 PM

And a few more, but they're not for me. ;)

srboone
11-03-2011, 11:30 PM
I'm finding an increasing amount of "things" abandoned on my doorstep:

It's the paperback trilogy with twice as many of Peake's illustartions plus an introduction by Michael Moorcock.

Grant Wootton
11-04-2011, 02:05 AM
I'm finding an increasing amount of "things" abandoned on my doorstep:

It's the paperback trilogy with twice as many of Peake's illustartions plus an introduction by Michael Moorcock.

Abandonment can sometimes be a beautiful thing, can it not :)

frik51
11-04-2011, 05:12 AM
Wow, Squire, that's another gorgeous edition!
Did you ever see the BBC series? With, amongst others, Christopher Lee.
I really liked it, and because of it I still want to read the book.

sk

srboone
11-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Didn't know there was one! Thanks for the info!

This is another on my TBR list (as I said, for me it starts with finding the right edition first...)

srboone
11-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Looked it up on Imdb and there it is. I remember seeing the DVD in the movie section of stores back in 2006, but it never clicked. Apparently the sseries covers that first 2 of the three books (kinda like Ralph Bashki made a movie of the first 2 of 3 LOTR books in 1978)--have to check it out.

frik51
11-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Looked it up on Imdb and there it is. I remember seeing the DVD in the movie section of stores back in 2006, but it never clicked. --have to check it out.

Yes, by all means, do.
It's an impressive series, with some mighty weird, quirky, creepy characters, many up to no good.
I loved it.

sk

RJK1981
11-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Not a special edition, or even a hardcover, but have heard good things about this one, and it has great reviews so far. Must be somewhat popular too as the book was first published this October and on a 2nd printing for this paperback. Either that or a small first printing

Tito_Villa
11-08-2011, 07:14 PM
4 signed 1st editions of Stephen Kong's new novel 11/22/63. Had a great time at the king event in Boston yesterday meeting lots of people and making new friends. King was on top form during the reading and answering a few questions, actually reading a second time to answer a question! Pictures and a video of the reading to come when I get back :-) Just arrived in Portland and the weather is great!!!

frik51
11-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Wow, Tom, that's great!
Congratulations!! Have a safe journey home.

sk

srboone
11-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Glad to here it, Tom. I hope King is in as good form for Dallas on Thursday! But I don't think extra signed copies of 11/22/63 will be available there. We'll see.

Grant Wootton
11-08-2011, 08:13 PM
4 signed 1st editions of Stephen Kong's new novel 11/22/63. Had a great time at the king event in Boston yesterday meeting lots of people and making new friends. King was on top form during the reading and answering a few questions, actually reading a second time to answer a question! Pictures and a video of the reading to come when I get back :-) Just arrived in Portland and the weather is great!!!

Way to go Tom, you lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky (one for each of the signed copies) bugger !!!!!! :cool:

peteOcha
11-08-2011, 09:05 PM

Wow Tom, thats just awesome! Have a good time!

ozmosis7
11-08-2011, 09:11 PM
WOW! Gratz!

TerryE
11-09-2011, 04:40 PM
4 copies!! That's plenty to share!!!! Have I told you lately that you're just the BEST.

theenormityofitall
11-10-2011, 01:30 AM
4 copies!! That's plenty to share!!!! Have I told you lately that you're just the BEST.
It really is enough to share since the idiots at Simon and Shuster screwed everything up with the limited of the book and now having a "random drawing". I had it in my cart the other day and the website went down and I missed out because of them. I'm not bothering with any random drawing.
Can you send me a copy Tom? If I was you I'd send me a copy. Thanks man!

PaulB
11-10-2011, 02:30 AM
Just picked up a couple of new additions to my "non-collectors" collection. The first is the first volume of Clive Barker's Hellraiser Masterpieces. This, and subsequent volumes, collect stories from the Hellraiser anthology series originally published 1989 - 1993. This volume has stories by Neil Gaiman, Mike Mignola, Alex Ross, Kevin O'Neill, Larry Wachowski and Barker himself (although he is credited with the story itself the words are from 3 other writers). It is very much is the same vein (pun intended) as the Hellbound Hearts anthology which was where I first read the Neil Gaimen story, Wordsworth.

PaulB
11-10-2011, 02:36 AM
The second was a bit of a blind buy. I am a keen reader of The Walking Dead series (and have nearly finished the first series of the tv show). This book tells the back story of The Governor who, for those who have read the books, will know has a rather large impact on the main characters (as well as having some rather unique personality quirks). I am a sucker for a good origin story and so will be interested to see how Robert Kirkman makes the change from writing graphic novels to the more traditional form of story.

Grant Wootton
11-10-2011, 03:00 AM
The second was a bit of a blind buy. I am a keen reader of The Walking Dead series (and have nearly finished the first series of the tv show). This book tells the back story of The Governor who, for those who have read the books, will know has a rather large impact on the main characters (as well as having some rather unique personality quirks). I am a sucker for a good origin story and so will be interested to see how Robert Kirkman makes the change from writing graphic novels to the more traditional form of story.

I'm with you Paul, brought the 1st season on Blu-Ray last week, and it's one wicked series (up to the 2nd ep on disc 2 - awesome stuff). Your post re the here makes me to want to explore it further :cool:

PaulB
11-10-2011, 03:03 AM
I'm with you Paul, brought the 1st season on Blu-Ray last week, and it's one wicked series (up to the 2nd ep on disc 2 - awesome stuff). Your post re the here makes me to want to explore it further :cool:
Would highly recommend it. The story line with The Governor has one of the greatest "eeeeewwwkk" moments I have ever read!

TerryE
11-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Just picked up a couple of new additions to my "non-collectors" collection. The first is the first volume of Clive Barker's Hellraiser Masterpieces. This, and subsequent volumes, collect stories from the Hellraiser anthology series originally published 1989 - 1993. This volume has stories by Neil Gaiman, Mike Mignola, Alex Ross, Kevin O'Neill, Larry Wachowski and Barker himself (although he is credited with the story itself the words are from 3 other writers). It is very much is the same vein (pun intended) as the Hellbound Hearts anthology which was where I first read the Neil Gaimen story, Wordsworth.

I have all these originals buried in a box in the basement. I may have to pick this up just to read them all again.

peteOcha
11-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Got this today:

I'd love to stay and chat, but there's dragons that need slaying and towns that need to be pillaged! :)

I already know what side mission I'll devote my time to: you can buy you own house and display stuff in it. Books as well. I'll be sure to gather all I can find a make a big collection! ;)

Tito_Villa
11-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Oh how I miss my PS3, congrats Pete! Just arrived in Bar Harbour & have a nice sea view :-) so glad I'm not bothering with the S/L though what I have read so far its a great book. Of the 4 books I have so far 3 are accounted for, 1 for me and 2 for others which leaves 1 more which I might sell but might keep!?

Ben Staad
11-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Got this today:

I'd love to stay and chat, but there's dragons that need slaying and towns that need to be pillaged! :)

I already know what side mission I'll devote my time to: you can buy you own house and display stuff in it. Books as well. I'll be sure to gather all I can find a make a big collection! ;)

Very cool! I'm waiting for mine...err my son's preorder :)

peteOcha
11-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Wow, so many typos in my last post! I was so excited to finally start playing that I rushed it!:) It's a great game, very good so far!

RJK1981
11-15-2011, 04:37 AM
Got these on Sunday from Half Price Books since I had a 50% off coupon to use on the SK book

theenormityofitall
11-17-2011, 01:30 AM
I have the same Salem's Lot book even though I don't like the story lol. It automatically came perhaps a couple years ago (?) because I'm a member of the SKL.

Anyway, some of my recent purchases:

1. The Fountainhead

2. Live Girls

3.Mailer's book on Oswald

srboone
11-21-2011, 05:36 AM
For anybody who ordered the Haper/Voyager slipcased edition of A Game of Thrones, others are available (in stock and pre-orders)

A Clash of Kings http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clash-Kings-Book-Song-Fire/dp/0007456344/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1321856707&sr=1-1

A Storm of Swords http://www.amazon.co.uk/Storm-Swords-Book-Song-Fire/dp/0007456352/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1321856980&sr=1-2

A Feast for Crows http://www.amazon.co.uk/Feast-Crows-Book-Song-Songs/dp/0007456360/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1321857039&sr=1-1

A Dance with Dragons http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0007456379/ref=pe_98741_27504741_snp_explore

mhatchett
11-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Hope everybody had a nice Thanksgiving! I picked up a really nice copy of Borderlands Thomas Monteleone, 1990. First edition, slipcased and oh my, so many nice signatures. A really clear Karl Edward Wagner, one of my favorites! Red book, no dust jacket, blacl slipcase. Nice Small Business Saturday find. HAHAHA!!!

Grant Wootton
11-28-2011, 04:52 AM
Way toooo go :cool:

Tito_Villa
12-13-2011, 10:54 AM
One i have been itching for a hell of a long time for. A UK 1st edition of 'Fluke,' by James Herbert. For some reason it's a really hard one to find (probably because its over 30 years old and was a really different story for Herbert), especially with no sunfading.

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Books/P1000402.jpg

It's about a man who thinks he's a dog, or a dog who thinks he's a man and has to save his family!

srboone
12-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Nice catch, Tom! Looks great.

Grant Wootton
12-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Nice one Tom, and looks like in almost pristine condition (loved the early Herbert stuff) - nice score !!! :cool:

Dave1442397
12-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Robert McCammon's Baal arrived in the mail yesterday, and I just ordered his new one, The Providence Rider.

Baal: http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mccammon04&Category_Code=NEW&Product_Count=4

The Providence Rider: http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mccammon07&Category_Code=PRE&Product_Count=22

Pennywise
12-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Today I picked up The Ridge/So Cold The River/The Cypress House by Micheal Koryta from the post office, and when I got home I saw that the mailman had tried to deliver another package from Cemetery Dance that I can pick up from the post office tomorrow. Thing is, I am currently only expecting It from CD and that one won't arrive for at least a week. I haven't received any other shipping notices so it'll be a bit of a surprise....... Dracula maybe?

jhanic
12-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Just received my gift edition of It: The 25th Anniversary Edition. Beautiful!

John

Ron K
12-15-2011, 01:00 AM
Robert McCammon's Baal arrived in the mail yesterday, and I just ordered his new one, The Providence Rider.

Baal: http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mccammon04&Category_Code=NEW&Product_Count=4

The Providence Rider: http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mccammon07&Category_Code=PRE&Product_Count=22

Dave ... can I call you Dave? Anyway, I love McCammon. I am reading The Five right now and was suggesting Swan Song (one of my all time favorites) to someone earlier ... BUT I've never tried any of the books in the series that The Providence Rider belongs to. I imagine you have read the others? If so, what did you think overall? Are they horror? Everytime I read the descriptions it doesn't sound like horror .. more like some sort of Sherlock Holmes vibe?

Dave1442397
12-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Dave ... can I call you Dave? Anyway, I love McCammon. I am reading The Five right now and was suggesting Swan Song (one of my all time favorites) to someone earlier ... BUT I've never tried any of the books in the series that The Providence Rider belongs to. I imagine you have read the others? If so, what did you think overall? Are they horror? Everytime I read the descriptions it doesn't sound like horror .. more like some sort of Sherlock Holmes vibe?

Hi Ron. Yes, you can call me Dave! The 1442397 is something I use because it's meaningful (to me) and allows me to use the same ID on all the many forums I belong to. There are way too many Daves in the world.

The Matthew Corbett series is really good. I wasn't sure I'd like the books at all, but I figured it's McCammon, and I read them free from the local library, so why not? I was quickly drawn into the story and I'm always looking forward to the next book in the series. If you're not sure about it, you can pick up the first book in the series for a few dollars, used (Speaks the Nightbird).

As for his older books, I hope They Thirst comes out as a limited edition soon. I know I have it buried in the attic somewhere, but it must be 20 years since I last read it.

srboone
12-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Just purchased this, it won't ship til after Christmas.

It's made up of reprints of the 19 serialized parts of the original publication of David Copperfield; including the original cover art and interior art for each part and the original advertisements from victorian England. Too...different not to catch my attention. 400 numbered copies from Easton Press.

Something else I'll add to my TBR. Get rid of one massive tome, and another. <sigh>

Pennywise
12-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Very nice book, that David Copperfield. It's good to add stuff to your TBR list. The day you no longer have an unread book is a pretty sad day.

I received Grease Monkey And Other Tales Of Erotic Horror today. Some very ... unusual drawings in that book. One for the top shelf, I reckon. A very nice looking book and shipped in such a way that an elephant could not have destroyed it.

jester05jk
12-16-2011, 02:15 AM
As for his older books, I hope They Thirst comes out as a limited edition soon. I know I have it buried in the attic somewhere, but it must be 20 years since I last read it.

Dark Harvest to the rescue once again...

theenormityofitall
12-16-2011, 04:34 AM

I got this one!! I think the only other Dark Harvest book I have is Methods of Madness by Garton.

But just tonight I bought a mint, signed copy of the limited Garton novel Zombie Love for only $42. Isn't it worth much more than that?? I know it's been OOP for a long time.

Grant Wootton
12-16-2011, 06:07 AM
Just purchased this, it won't ship til after Christmas.

It's made up of reprints of the 19 serialized parts of the original publication of David Copperfield; including the original cover art and interior art for each part and the original advertisements from victorian England. Too...different not to catch my attention. 400 numbered copies from Easton Press.

Something else I'll add to my TBR. Get rid of one massive tome, and another. <sigh>

Luvvin' this one Mr Boone - well caught !!!!! :cool:

Grant Wootton
12-16-2011, 06:08 AM

Excellent !!!! Love the Dark Harvest books, 'tis only a shame that they are no more, whilst they were around, their light shone bright :cool:

theenormityofitall
12-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Excellent !!!! Love the Dark Harvest books, 'tis only a shame that they are no more, whilst they were around, their light shone bright :cool:
Yeah, same goes with Scream press, still the best small press store ever. Their books were amazing.

goathunter
12-21-2011, 06:20 PM

In addition to the now-20-year-old Dark Harvest limited, Subterranean Press will be publishing a new signed, limited edition of They Thirst, but it probably won't appear until 2014. A limited edition of Bethany's Sin will be published in 2012, and a limited of The Night Boat will be published in 2013.

Hunter

bsaenz24
12-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Hunter, where does Stinger fit in the schedule?

theenormityofitall
12-22-2011, 01:56 AM
Damned Limited Ed. of only 204 copies by William Ollie

Christmas With The Dead lol, Limited Edition by Joe Lansdale....one of just 300

Got a great deal on the lettered edition of The Wildman by Rick Hautala....52 copies presented in a wooden box (letter Q)...signed by Hautala, Clark, and editor Zach Powell, and even includes a remarque.

RJK1981
12-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Haven't actually paid for these yet, but was able to win affordable copies of Monkey Love by John Paul Allen and a signed and lettered edition of the Down in the Boneyard chapbook by Keith Minnion

mhatchett
12-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Looks Good, Reads Great! Really enjoying this one From Sub. Press
MDH

Dave1442397
12-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Looks Good, Reads Great! Really enjoying this one From Sub. Press
MDH

I also got that one yesterday. I've come home to find books delivered every day this week, including ones I'd forgotten I ordered. I have no idea what to read next, but that's definitely on or near the top of the list.

Tito_Villa
12-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Those Sub Press books always look really well made!

Dave1442397
12-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Those Sub Press books always look really well made!

I really like their artwork. The cover art is always excellent, and the matte look is nice too.

theenormityofitall
12-25-2011, 12:35 AM
I really like their artwork. The cover art is always excellent, and the matte look is nice too.
I do too but it's hard beating Grant's whatever book they come out with (no offense CD, yours is good too :)).

goathunter
12-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Hunter, where does Stinger fit in the schedule?

I believe the limited edition of Stinger will see print in 2013. 2012 will see The Providence Rider (May), Bethany's Sin (summer), and a trade hardcover of The Hunter from the Woods (late).

Hunter

theenormityofitall
12-26-2011, 05:48 PM
I just made a post condemning them and their cheap looking books. I'm almost positive they're the ones who published some Bradbury limiteds?? But I've had those for many years so maybe they changed. It's either them or PS Publishing which is horrible too.

Here's what I just got:

The limited slipcased edition of After The Darkness which I can't find anywhere except at The Overlook, for only $60 bucks but had a coupon so it was less.

And Night Shapes published by our very own CD Publications way back in 1995!! I was even buying books from you guys back in those days, but missed this one (as if I could actually remember it). It's by William F Nolan and it's even slipcased, signed and numbered by him and Peter Straub.

I may have mentioned this already but I thought I had bought a DVD of RED, signed by Ketchum but it was actually The Lost, so I just picked up RED too.

Dave1442397
12-27-2011, 10:47 AM
I just made a post condemning them and their cheap looking books. I'm almost positive they're the ones who published some Bradbury limiteds?? But I've had those for many years so maybe they changed. It's either them or PS Publishing which is horrible too.

I have a lot of their books, and considering that most of them were $75 or less, I have no complaints. They did do some Bradbury books a while back...I know I have a couple of those buried somewhere in the stacks.

theenormityofitall
12-30-2011, 09:42 PM
I have a lot of their books, and considering that most of them were $75 or less, I have no complaints. They did do some Bradbury books a while back...I know I have a couple of those buried somewhere in the stacks.
I have them right here and they're nothing to brag about. They at least came with slipcases.

mhatchett
01-05-2012, 04:32 PM
I favor the old stuff! These are great!!

Grant Wootton
01-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Very nice (and I, personally, think that Grant continue produce superior quality editions) :cool:

mhatchett
01-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Very nice (and I, personally, think that Grant continue produce superior quality editions) :cool:
Grant,
I agree with the quality. They're just not as, HMMMM, adventurous as they once were. Though adventure and publishing can be a dangerous mix.
Mike

Grant Wootton
01-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Grant,
I agree with the quality. They're just not as, HMMMM, adventurous as they once were. Though adventure and publishing can be a dangerous mix.
Mike

True enough Mike, the combination has been known to go off the rails from time to time :)

theenormityofitall
01-08-2012, 05:53 PM
I still like all their stuff. Even the non-King limiteds are great looking and well made for the money.

mhatchett
01-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Another neat one. The book is really an odd size. Added bonus! After exhaustive research, I uncovered this rare photo of Brigadier Ffellowes to go along with the books!
MDH

theenormityofitall
01-09-2012, 08:26 PM
LOL I like that dude's pants.

mhatchett
01-09-2012, 08:58 PM
LOL I like that dude's pants.
Who Doesn't! HAHAHA!!!

theenormityofitall
01-09-2012, 09:04 PM
lol

Ben Staad
01-10-2012, 02:04 AM
Another neat one. The book is really an odd size. Added bonus! After exhaustive research, I uncovered this rare photo of Brigadier Ffellowes to go along with the books!
MDH

That's great! Cool idea finding that picture.

Tito_Villa
01-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Not got the original art in hand yet but Glenn sent me a scan of the completed artwork for a story of mine - The Cows Are Coming

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Thecowsarecoming.jpg

srboone
01-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Wow, looks great, Tom! You got some pretty demonic cows across the pond! :eek:So much for cows being ambivalent to everything...

I see the hero remembered his Blessed Hammer of Bovine Beaning with him! Very smart...:cool:

Tito_Villa
01-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks, and once the piece is finally edited (still waiting for my girlfriend to complete that) i am going to make a small number of chapbooks and give them out ot people to have a read of :)

TerryE
01-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks, and once the piece is finally edited (still waiting for my girlfriend to complete that) i am going to make a small number of chapbooks and give them out ot people to have a read of :)

Does that include your very best friends in Forumland?

Tito_Villa
01-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Does that include your very best friends in Forumland?

Haha yes it does.

peteOcha
01-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Haha yes it does.

Good to hear that! :)

srboone
01-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Just purchased this from Grant. I'd never really looked through the list of books on DMG website to see what was actually still available.

An American Fantasy publication. I couldn't resist. Signed by Moorcock and 7 illustrators who each provided a full page B/W illustration--one of who was Michael Whelan. Grant's website states it's limited to 650 copies; AF website says 600.

ABEBOOKS describes it as lettered, so I don't really know what I'm gonna get...but I want it.

Tito_Villa
01-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Looks to be a real nice production, congrats!

jhanic
01-12-2012, 03:38 PM
I finally got the s/l audio tapes of Stephen King's Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three. I had to remove the shrink wrap to see which number I got (#261). I've been looking for this for a long time.

John

Tito_Villa
01-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Congrats John, that's one I would love to have! Also I thinkin have found a local printer for my story :-)

srboone
01-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Great Tom, glad to hear it! Looking forward to reading your story!

jhanic
01-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Just got this today:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_Proofs/LiljasLibrarybluelinescover.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_Proofs/LiljasLibrarybluelinestitlepage.jpg

Lilja's Library blue lines from Cemetary Dance.

John

Tito_Villa
01-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Congrats John

srboone
01-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Cool!

jhanic
01-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Just got this:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_items/FullDarkNoStarsBCsignededition.jpg

It's the Book Club signed edition, limited to 100 copies.

John

Tito_Villa
01-18-2012, 02:19 PM
A great grab, very limited!

theenormityofitall
01-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Just got this:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_items/FullDarkNoStarsBCsignededition.jpg

John

Can I ask how much it was?? I didn't know such a thing existed. I have the "regular" edition signed and it cost a pretty penny and that was actually my last purchase (Naw, that can't be right but it was one of my LAST purchases). I then bought the special slipcase to go with it from the overlook. It's pretty cool but lol, it's just an ordinary book with a sig in it and it cost a fortune. You can get plenty of limited editions, including the UK limited of Under the Dome for about the same price I paid for this one (at Betts).

theenormityofitall
01-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Just purchased this from Grant. I'd never really looked through the list of books on DMG website to see what was actually still available.

An American Fantasy publication. I couldn't resist. Signed by Moorcock and 7 illustrators who each provided a full page B/W illustration--one of who was Michael Whelan. Grant's website states it's limited to 650 copies; AF website says 600.

ABEBOOKS describes it as lettered, so I don't really know what I'm gonna get...but I want it.

Have you or anybody here have their special DT package? It includes: "DARK TOWER VII SPECIAL OFFER!

ARTIST EDITION + TALISMAN/BLACKHOUSE GIFT SET"

It's awesome looking!! I can't believe just $165 for all this and the slipcase alone looks like it's worth 80 bucks. I also can't believe they still have these left for sale. I bought mine probably a year or more ago and it's probably in the top 3 best produced sets I've ever seen. Even if it was unsigned, it's still worth that price.

srboone
01-19-2012, 12:18 AM
I keep looking at that, but passing it up for other stuff; all I've ordered from DMG is Little Sisters AE, DTIV-V & DTVI-VII slipcases, The Wind Through the Keyhole, and now The Dreamthief's Daughter. I do have the Grant trade HCs for DT IV-VII. But looking through DMG's stock, I'll probably be ordering more...

theenormityofitall
01-19-2012, 01:54 AM
I keep looking at that, but passing it up for other stuff; all I've ordered from DMG is Little Sisters AE, DTIV-V & DTVI-VII slipcases, The Wind Through the Keyhole, and now The Dreamthief's Daughter. I do have the Grant trade HCs for DT IV-VII. But looking through DMG's stock, I'll probably be ordering more...

You won't be disappointed I can say that for sure. It's really an amazing set and I can't stress that enough. But just watch; you'll buy it and think it's just ordinary lol, so maybe I shouldn't of said how great I think it looks. But it is Grant so it's hard to get depressed about how any of their books look.

Did you have a chance to get the limited of TWTTK or was it the gift version? I was able to get the limited but damn, they're really going up in price (the limiteds). I have those trades as well.....DT IV-VII along with the limiteds, but I have all the other trades as well except of course, the first one. Just really dumb luck on my part that I won that lottery so many years ago for Desperation, then I didn't realize there were only 1200 copies of Little Sisters made (I think) until recently, and somehow I entered yet another one of their lotteries for that one which I don't even remember, and once again get a relatively low number in 544 so that's the only reason I had a chance at the upcoming eight book. How is it possible to get 544 in a lottery? I would of thought the earliest numbers would have been taken? But then again, since I have the number 911 for the last three DT limiteds, why didn't I get that same number for Little Sisters? I don't get that.

But do you or anyone here know exactly why so many collectors had a chance at Little Sisters but passed on it? Was it because they didn't expect an eight DT book? And why is it one of King's limiteds that's so expensive? I know I'm missing something lol, but my brain has sorta freezed.....but allow me to ask another question to this really long post: what would you recommend if you were me.......buying a remarque of a King book or just try and go for another limited when they're produced? I ask because I have so many limiteds and just one remarque. And I have to do something with all these books since I'm running out of room.

Ok, that's finally it. I hope I at least gave you guys something interesting to read:)

srboone
01-19-2012, 03:21 AM
I don't have any of the DT limiteds, so I was not eligible for TWTTK limited. I don't mind. I do need to replace my three Plume Trade PBs of DTI-III with Grant Trade HCs at some point. As for the other questions, I don't buy limteds based on theoretical future value. I buy them because I want to display them on my shelves. But if you're needing to make room for more books, Scott, you can certainly make as many gifts and donantions to my library as you wish!;)

theenormityofitall
01-19-2012, 03:36 AM
LOL. Well, let me think about that and get back to ya :)
But it's not always about a book's value to me. I do buy lil paperbacks quite a bit to read. In fact, I have so damn many it's impossible for me to read them all. I just have to force myself to do it, that's all. But I'm still trying to get through The Fountainhead and it's soooooo long. On top of that, I constantly change books. I'll even listen to some non-fiction audio book and then try and read a novel along with another non-fiction book or two but with historical non-fiction, I can read it in just a few days. It takes me forever, as people here know, to get through a single novel and that's why I greatly prefer short stories and that's why I'm so excited about C.W's book coming up!! But sometimes it's too much, especially with all the crap that's still going on in my life at this point.

I know what you mean about not being able to get some limiteds you'd like. They really are too expensive and you also just have to have that dumb luck I talked about with Grant and just happen to have funds available to be able to buy one. But I'm no rich man and I have a couple of ruined credit cards to prove that :). I make good money but I'll never be a millionare that's for sure. I also don't have any responsibilities anymore when it comes to a wife and kids so that's why I can buy some of those books. But certainly not like Mr. Woot can!! LOL.

jhanic
01-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Can I ask how much it was?? I didn't know such a thing existed. I have the "regular" edition signed and it cost a pretty penny and that was actually my last purchase (Naw, that can't be right but it was one of my LAST purchases). I then bought the special slipcase to go with it from the overlook. It's pretty cool but lol, it's just an ordinary book with a sig in it and it cost a fortune. You can get plenty of limited editions, including the UK limited of Under the Dome for about the same price I paid for this one (at Betts).

For more details on the book club Full Dark book, check out:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Full+Dark+No+Stars+-+Book+Club+1+100+Signed&redirect=no

John

theenormityofitall
01-19-2012, 05:29 PM
For more details on the book club Full Dark book, check out:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Full+Dark+No+Stars+-+Book+Club+1+100+Signed&redirect=no

John

The original price was just $43.99?? I'm wondering why King didn't do this for the Stephen King Library?

jhanic
01-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Good question. I belong to the Book of the Month Club and it wasn't offered there either. I don't know why the SF Book Club was "honored".

John

theenormityofitall
01-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Yeah, those clubs like History Book Club and SKL are all a part of BOMC and I've belonged to those clubs literally since the 1980's. Well, HBC I did but I'm not sure if SKL existed then since I became a member there in the early 90's.

But that's another reason my house is full of books...it's not just fiction all over, it's non-fiction that's just as bad and probably worse since I have more of that than even limited stuff. Ridiculous really :)

TerryE
01-19-2012, 09:08 PM
My collection is full of QPBC books. They aren't as durable as hardbacks, but they still look nice and were fairly affordable.

theenormityofitall
01-20-2012, 10:03 PM
My collection is full of QPBC books. They aren't as durable as hardbacks, but they still look nice and were fairly affordable.
Yeah, those are great too just like you said: they're nice and more affordable. Actually I'd rather have trade paperbacks than a HC to read since they're easier to handle.

Grant Wootton
01-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Just got this:

John

Very nice score John, quite envious, actually :cool:

Grant Wootton
01-21-2012, 11:56 AM
LOL. Well, let me think about that and get back to ya :)
But it's not always about a book's value to me. I do buy lil paperbacks quite a bit to read. In fact, I have so damn many it's impossible for me to read them all. I just have to force myself to do it, that's all. But I'm still trying to get through The Fountainhead and it's soooooo long. On top of that, I constantly change books. I'll even listen to some non-fiction audio book and then try and read a novel along with another non-fiction book or two but with historical non-fiction, I can read it in just a few days. It takes me forever, as people here know, to get through a single novel and that's why I greatly prefer short stories and that's why I'm so excited about C.W's book coming up!! But sometimes it's too much, especially with all the crap that's still going on in my life at this point.

I know what you mean about not being able to get some limiteds you'd like. They really are too expensive and you also just have to have that dumb luck I talked about with Grant and just happen to have funds available to be able to buy one. But I'm no rich man and I have a couple of ruined credit cards to prove that :). I make good money but I'll never be a millionare that's for sure. I also don't have any responsibilities anymore when it comes to a wife and kids so that's why I can buy some of those books. But certainly not like Mr. Woot can!! LOL.

Onya Scott :p

Tito_Villa
01-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Well i've got the scans for the last 4 pieces of artwork from Glenn Chadbourne :)

srboone
01-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Outstanding, Tom! can't wait to see the final result!

Tito_Villa
01-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Here's a taster ...
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Cowpic5.jpg

Grant Wootton
01-24-2012, 12:01 AM
Allllriggghhhttt Tom !!! Great stuff, great tease - very much looking forward to the unveil :cool:

Tito_Villa
01-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Here's another, just waiting on the PDF of the proof from the printer :)

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Cowpic6.jpg

srboone
01-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Holy bellowing bovines, Tom! You got some great art for you story. Wow!

Grant Wootton
01-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Most cool indeed Tom - these are the ones to be used in your upcoming book release, right ???

Tito_Villa
01-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Yup that's right Grant, Glenn was very good to me!

Grant Wootton
01-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Yup that's right Grant, Glenn was very good to me!

Can't wait to see the finished product Tom - you'll be the first published author I "know" :D

TerryE
01-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Talk about your Mad Cow Disease!

mhatchett
01-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Just got it today, Looks Great!! Really looking forward to this from Centipede. Nice folks.
MDH

srboone
01-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Looks great! Nice catch. I've been watching Centipede's site and theve got some great one's there.

Tito_Villa
01-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Nice! I really love the Centipede books I have.

peteOcha
01-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Awesome artwork Tom!! Congrats on getting such fine pieces from Glenn for your story!

srboone
01-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Ordered Pure amd The Woman Blu ray from Amazon. I'm sure I get around to Pure before I get my edition form CD and I could not find The Woman at Best Buy or B&N. I did notice that B&N has a Stephen King entry into thier leather bound classics series: Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining omnibus. It looked cheaply put together, but it is in it's first printing...

RJK1981
01-25-2012, 02:30 AM
Best Buy does have The Woman, but it's not available in stores, only online for the same price as Amazon for DVD and for a higher price than Amazon for the BD edition

srboone
01-25-2012, 03:06 AM
Well, I had an Amazon gift card taking up space in my wallet; tho I usually don't mind paying a little extra for the convience of geting an item right then.

theenormityofitall
01-25-2012, 03:33 AM
Ordered Pure amd The Woman Blu ray from Amazon. I'm sure I get around to Pure before I get my edition form CD and I could not find The Woman at Best Buy or B&N. I did notice that B&N has a Stephen King entry into thier leather bound classics series: Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining omnibus. It looked cheaply put together, but it is in it's first printing...

Hey Squire? Does blu-ray play in "ordinary" DVD players? And what about TVs that have a built in DVD player? That's how utterly ignorant I am of technology. I miss the good ol' days of VHS, I really do that's why I have about 100 or so horror films on tape and 5 VCRs. And I have hundreds of "regular" DVDs.....don't tell me they'll become obsolete in favor of blue-ray?

My latest purchase even though I mentioned it elsewhere, was The Bachman Books, a special edition. I'm only mention this one because I've paid it off so it counts as a purchase.

theenormityofitall
01-25-2012, 03:46 AM
I forgot: I don't know if I already posted this, but I also bought the limited of the eigth DT book, via certified mail (check).
I think I mentioned this already but I went back 2 pages and didn't see it so here it is again if I have done so in the past.

srboone
01-25-2012, 04:29 AM
A BLu ray will not play in a DVD player, but a DVD will play in a blu ray player; so if you are in the market for a new player, get a Blu ray--they're pretty cheap now. As far as a combo player goes, single components work better than combined ones. I wont' buy them.

Tito_Villa
01-25-2012, 08:51 AM
I have been asked an interesting thought RE my book ... and seeing as though i hope to sell some through here (i have asked Brian's permission to sell through the CD forum), through thedarktower.org and i have quite a few friends clamouring to get a copy, i may aswell put it out there - should they be numbered 1 - 50 or lettered A - ZZ and yes i have been told by many people that i have to sign it, sigh, it might ruin the book though!

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Cowpic7.jpg

Grant Wootton
01-25-2012, 09:03 AM
I have been asked an interesting thought RE my book ... and seeing as though i hope to sell some through here (i have asked Brian's permission to sell through the CD forum), through thedarktower.org and i have quite a few friends clamouring to get a copy, i may aswell put it out there - should they be numbered 1 - 50 or lettered A - ZZ and yes i have been told by many people that i have to sign it, sigh, it might ruin the book though!

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Cowpic7.jpg

My 2 cents Tom, for what it's worth, is to go with the Lettered format (only because Lettered just reeks of exclusivity :D). And, yep, of course you have to sign it !!!! And, save me a copy, alright ??????? :cool:

Hey ... just noticed ... and it may only be my imagination at play here Tom ... but, is that you in the above drawing ????

Grant Wootton
01-25-2012, 09:06 AM
A BLu ray will not play in a DVD player, but a DVD will play in a blu ray player; so if you are in the market for a new player, get a Blu ray--they're pretty cheap now. As far as a combo player goes, single components work better than combined ones. I wont' buy them.

And, make sure you get a multi-region player, too !!!! It's an absolute must for me, cos a lot of my Blu-Ray and DVD discs are sourced out of the US - the same may well apply in reverse, all those Australian Oscar award winning movies like ... ummm ..... hmmm ... okay, none - yet - but we do have some pretty cool ones nonetheless :p

Tito_Villa
01-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Grant you can definitely have a copy :) and i'm not sure if he based the looks of the character on me or not. I wear glasses, my hair is longer than that though but yes there are sililarities.

Grant Wootton
01-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Grant you can definitely have a copy :) and i'm not sure if he based the looks of the character on me or not. I wear glasses, my hair is longer than that though but yes there are sililarities.

Cool, thanks Tom :cool: I reckon Glenn used you as the basis for the character profile in the drawing :D

RJK1981
01-25-2012, 12:20 PM
I am guessing I missed it somewhere, but what is this book going to be about Tito? The artwork is great, but everything I've seen from Glenn is great

srboone
01-25-2012, 12:36 PM
It's post #388 on page 39 of this thread.
http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?538-Post-Your-Latest-Purchase/page39

Tito_Villa
01-25-2012, 12:37 PM
It's horror, a couple are moving into a new home (a picturesque cottage in the English countryside) and are being helped by 2 friends. Apart from the wierd old lady from the state agents who handed over the keys everything goes great, that is until the cows come to vistit. It doesn't take long for the realisation that they aren't the normal beef burger variety to hit home and a fight for survival follows.

jester05jk
01-26-2012, 01:43 AM
It's sounds like a novelization of a Far Side drawing.

Grant Wootton
01-26-2012, 01:52 AM
Co-written with Dana Lyons, maybe ???? :D

theenormityofitall
01-26-2012, 05:26 AM
Thanks Squire. Leave it to me to get it backwards. But unlike you I love combos...DVD players built in to TVs. I even have 3 TVs with built in DVD and VCR players that still work great. But what you're saying is that regular DVDs will not be around much longer? They'll go the way of the cassette tape? What am I suposed to do with the hundreds I have?? I guess just hope none of my combos break.

theenormityofitall
01-26-2012, 05:30 AM
And, make sure you get a multi-region player, too !!!! It's an absolute must for me, cos a lot of my Blu-Ray and DVD discs are sourced out of the US - the same may well apply in reverse, all those Australian Oscar award winning movies like ... ummm ..... hmmm ... okay, none - yet - but we do have some pretty cool ones nonetheless :p

Yep, that's one thing I do need to do since there are so many of those "PAL" DVDs with great flicks on them that unexplainably, have not been put on DVD over here. The Mutilator is a perfect example, one of the best slashers of all time!

Isn't Nicole Kidman from Australia Grant? Nothing against her nationality, but I have no clue how she's made it as an actress. She's just not that good, but she was in that movie I think called Dead Calm. But Tom Cruize (sp?) isn't any good either. He has to be the most overrated actor in history.

srboone
01-26-2012, 05:42 AM
I don't think DVDs are on their way out yet, Scott. Blu Ray players will always be able to play them I'm sure. And they are the cheaper alternative right now. I'm sure you're good on DVDs for 20 years at least. (I have around 800 titles on DVD.) Right now, VHS is the endangered species. worry about those first. Now my Laser Disc player, that's an almost extinct species. I had to transfer a few of them top DVD, tho only one made a good enough copy to keep. I may post it sometime.

Tito_Villa
01-26-2012, 07:51 AM
It's sounds like a novelization of a Far Side drawing.

Never heard of it but i will investigate via my little friend google :)

Tito_Villa
01-26-2012, 02:58 PM
One thought i have had for my book is that everyone who buys a copy will be placed into a drawing for one of the original pieces of art by Glenn Chadbourne, maybe this one ...
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Cowpic8.jpg

TerryE
01-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Nice idea!

RJK1981
01-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Got a very nice amount of money from from the VA for my new disability rating a few days ago so I decided I can buy a few books now, and the first I purchased was Undertaker's Moon which shipped out to me this afternoon. Looking forward to receiving this and reading it. Will be my first Ronald Kelly book so far

Grant Wootton
01-26-2012, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=Tito_Villa;18825]One thought i have had for my book is that everyone who buys a copy will be placed into a drawing for one of the original pieces of art by Glenn Chadbourne, maybe this one ...
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Cowpic8.jpg[/QUOT
E]

Although I'm not much of a fan of Glenn's art (yeah, right :p) I reckon this is a sterling idea Tom !!!!!!

Grant Wootton
01-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Never heard of it but i will investigate via my little friend google :)

You'll love The Far Side Tom - one of our smaller radio stations, back in the mid-1980's used to have competitions for people to call in and win a prize if they could guess what the hell the cartoon for the day actually meant (the majority were self explanatory, but others, well, not so much) ...

jhanic
01-27-2012, 05:56 PM
The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes, along with Peanuts, remain my most favorite comic strips of all time.

John

Martin
01-27-2012, 08:47 PM
My list would be similar; Bloom County/Opus, Calvin and Hobbes and The Far Side. Not a big Peanuts fan.
The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes, along with Peanuts, remain my most favorite comic strips of all time.

John

srboone
01-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Bllom County, hands down, was my favorite. Calvin & Hobbes was a close second.

theenormityofitall
01-29-2012, 12:39 AM
Hide and Seek audio....signed plate by Ketchum

Under the Dome S/L with Cards

11/22/63 second printing, signed

And if I've forgotten: The lettered edition of Hataula's The Wildman

TerryE
01-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Calvin & Hobbes, The Far Side, and Bloom County. It is so hard to rank these 3 strips, but Calvin usually takes the top spot. Oh, and nobody has mentioned Non Sequitur, which is my favorite one still running.

theenormityofitall
01-31-2012, 05:26 AM
I don't think DVDs are on their way out yet, Scott. Blu Ray players will always be able to play them I'm sure. And they are the cheaper alternative right now. I'm sure you're good on DVDs for 20 years at least. (I have around 800 titles on DVD.) Right now, VHS is the endangered species. worry about those first. Now my Laser Disc player, that's an almost extinct species. I had to transfer a few of them top DVD, tho only one made a good enough copy to keep. I may post it sometime.

Thanks Squire. I was worried about my DVD collection. LOL you have 800??? Wow. They'll be around for 20 years? Then I have nothing to worry about since I'll be dead by then most likely.
I still love VHS since it reminds me of the good ol' days. And that's why I have so many TV combos and seperate VCRs so I'll always be able to play them.
But if they break, I guess nowadays no one can fix a VCR. I'm also worried about a TV I bought in 2001 with a DVD player. The DVD player quit working and I'm wondering if it's possible to fix it now? I think it would just need a new laser....but it's an obsolete TV but it's also fantastic because of different sound modes you can mess around with.

Dave1442397
01-31-2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks Squire. I was worried about my DVD collection. LOL you have 800??? Wow. They'll be around for 20 years? Then I have nothing to worry about since I'll be dead by then most likely.
I still love VHS since it reminds me of the good ol' days. And that's why I have so many TV combos and seperate VCRs so I'll always be able to play them.
But if they break, I guess nowadays no one can fix a VCR. I'm also worried about a TV I bought in 2001 with a DVD player. The DVD player quit working and I'm wondering if it's possible to fix it now? I think it would just need a new laser....but it's an obsolete TV but it's also fantastic because of different sound modes you can mess around with.

I think DVDs are on the way out, but slowly. Sony closed one of their biggest DVD/CD plants here in NJ last year due to declining demand. Still, there are so many DVD players around they should always be easy to find.

As for VCRs, I bought a couple for $5 each at a garage sale a few years ago and they worked fine. My daughter had a lot of kid movies on VHS, but has pretty much grown out of them now. I still have my first Sony VCR that I bought in 1993 for $440...!

If your TV/DVD player combo has input jacks, you could just buy a cheap DVD player (I see them as low as $20) and plug it in. I certainly wouldn't pay to have the old DVD player fixed.

Tito_Villa
01-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Fingers crossed i should have the 1st batch (if not all) of my book tonight :)

Grant Wootton
01-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Fingers crossed i should have the 1st batch (if not all) of my book tonight :)

Way to go Tom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

srboone
01-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Awesome, Tom! Great news!:D

srboone
01-31-2012, 07:53 PM
My latest purchase (again, I had a gift card I'd been holding onto for a bit and decided to get rid of it before I lost it--this time B&N):

This was released in 1976, but the 2003 edition has 4 stories excised and 4 new ones inserted. And

I've decided to make an attempt at understanding Eco's philosophies; something tells me that this is going to one of the most challenging books I've attempted in a long time.

Tito_Villa
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Photo646.jpg

:)

Tito_Villa
Very cool Squire!

theenormityofitall
01-31-2012, 07:54 PM
I think DVDs are on the way out, but slowly. Sony closed one of their biggest DVD/CD plants here in NJ last year due to declining demand. Still, there are so many DVD players around they should always be easy to find.

As for VCRs, I bought a couple for $5 each at a garage sale a few years ago and they worked fine. My daughter had a lot of kid movies on VHS, but has pretty much grown out of them now. I still have my first Sony VCR that I bought in 1993 for $440...!

If your TV/DVD player combo has input jacks, you could just buy a cheap DVD player (I see them as low as $20) and plug it in. I certainly wouldn't pay to have the old DVD player fixed.

I was only going to have the DVD player fixed because I like combos so much and have so many. It sounds funny that I'm an electrician but I don't like messing with all the wires for a seperate DVD player even thought it's rather easy to hook up. I guess I have a thing about combos :)

But even if they do stop making them, I get the feeling DVD-r shops will be around a very long time, just like people still use VCRs (at least I hope they're stay around).

LOL I remember in about that same year (1993), my grandma bought me a VCR and it was the latest amazing stereo VCRrs!! And the cost for that Zenith was about $450...the problem was I didn't even have a stereo TV lol. I exchanged it for a mono one.

srboone
01-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Very cool Squire!

Nothing compared to yours, Tom! Congratualions! I know you're butrsting with pride right, now!:cool:

peteOcha
01-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Looks fantastic Tom! Congratulations! :)

Grant Wootton
01-31-2012, 09:19 PM
Awesome cover art Tom !!!!! Set aside my copy !!!!! (don't forget to SIGN IT !!!!) ;)

Tito_Villa
01-31-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks all, I'm very happy with how it has turned out, a bit annoying that the signature page is on the other side of the cover but I will get over it :-)

Martin
02-01-2012, 01:14 AM
Where would someone go to purchase one of these?

:)

peteOcha
02-01-2012, 09:34 AM
"A cottage in the middle of England" would be my guess! :)

Tito_Villa
02-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Haha well i guess you could come to mine, but hopefully later on i will be able to start selling them, i am just sorting out the finer details with Jerome at thedarktower.org . But if you would like to reserve a copy just send me a pm, and if you would like a certain letter mention that too.

The copies will be $25, of which $18 will go to the Haven Foundation fundraiser and $7 to me to cover a small portion of my costs. But in that price everyone will be entered in a drawing to win a piece of the original art by Glenn Chadbourne :)

Dave1442397
02-01-2012, 11:35 AM
I was only going to have the DVD player fixed because I like combos so much and have so many. It sounds funny that I'm an electrician but I don't like messing with all the wires for a seperate DVD player even thought it's rather easy to hook up. I guess I have a thing about combos :)

But even if they do stop making them, I get the feeling DVD-r shops will be around a very long time, just like people still use VCRs (at least I hope they're stay around).

LOL I remember in about that same year (1993), my grandma bought me a VCR and it was the latest amazing stereo VCRrs!! And the cost for that Zenith was about $450...the problem was I didn't even have a stereo TV lol. I exchanged it for a mono one.

I went with the high-end Sony model because it had....an S-Video output!!! I think it was an extra $40 for that feature :) I bought a 32" Sony TV at the same time, and the TV is still being used in our friends' basement as a kids' TV. They built them to last back then.

Tito_Villa
02-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Also included in that price is shipping to anywhere in the world!!!

TerryE
02-01-2012, 07:11 PM
It looks great Tom. Worth every bit of effort, right?

Tito_Villa
02-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Yup definitely, now the anxious wait for people to get their copies & read them!

Grant Wootton
02-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Yup definitely, now the anxious wait for people to get their copies & read them!

Looking forward to my copy Tom -the Cows are definately Coming :D

Tito_Villa
02-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Here's the link to the sale on thedarktower.org ... Link (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?14348-quot-The-Cows-Are-Coming-quot-Debut-short-story-by-Thomas-Cranham-Lettered-Edition)

Grant Wootton
02-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Onya Tom, they're selling like hot(cow)cakes - bring on the beef !!!!! :cool:

Tito_Villa
02-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Also if people would want a copy but can't afford the $$$ at the moment there is no rush, please pm me and we will sort something out :)

Martin
02-03-2012, 02:24 AM
I am pleased to add The Centuries Best Horror Fiction to my collection.

srboone
02-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Awesome! Can't wait for mine. I'll get them sometime...I just love the cover art.

Martin
02-03-2012, 02:33 AM
The photos do not do the cover art justice. Mr. Clark outdid himself, the detail on the covers is incredible.
Awesome! Can't wait for mine. I'll get them sometime...I just love the cover art.

Tito_Villa
02-03-2012, 10:48 AM
They look great, congrats

As of this morning 30/52 copies of my book have been claimed and as of tonight all of the ones that have been paid for will have been posted :)

RJK1981
02-03-2012, 05:12 PM
As of this morning 30/52 copies of my book have been claimed and as of tonight all of the ones that have been paid for will have been posted :)

Now it is at least 31/52 since I purchased a copy :)

Tito_Villa
02-03-2012, 05:59 PM
And i very much appreciate it!

theenormityofitall
02-03-2012, 09:39 PM
I went with the high-end Sony model because it had....an S-Video output!!! I think it was an extra $40 for that feature :) I bought a 32" Sony TV at the same time, and the TV is still being used in our friends' basement as a kids' TV. They built them to last back then.
They sure did build them to last in those days. I have a 32" Sanyo in the basement I bought around 1989 and it still works perfectly.
But you know that S-Video? I think that's just a marketing ploy; it can actually make your picture worse.

srboone
02-03-2012, 10:02 PM
DMG has some 1st trade HCs of DTII (the best DT;)) that Phil Hale flatsigned when he stopped by their offices last. Got an email notice that mine is on it's way!

Grant Wootton
02-04-2012, 06:28 AM
DMG has some 1st trade HCs of DTII (the best DT;)) that Phil Hale flatsigned when he stopped by their offices last. Got an email notice that mine is on it's way!

Nice score Mr Boone :cool:

srboone
02-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Thanks, Mr. Woot. It was in a flyer DMG sent me with my last purchase from them.

Tito_Villa
02-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Great catch!

Tito_Villa
02-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Just 12 books left, the letters that are left ... U, V, Y, EE, FF, KK, MM, NN, QQ, UU, VV & YY still hoping to sell them all to raise the max possible for the Haven Foundation fundraiser :)

theenormityofitall
02-07-2012, 12:46 AM

Damn. I would of liked one of those.

I just bought a few metal bookmarks and some King paper ones if that counts as a purchase.

srboone
02-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Absolutely, Scott. If my beer and pizza purchases for the Superbowl yesterday counted as worthy posts, so does you bookmarks!

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?894-Tasty-Libation-Thread!!!/page6

peteOcha
02-07-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm starting to get the shakes... I haven't bought a single book this year! (unless i got something from CD that i forgot about, but I think all my orders were in December...or even earlier...)...