PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Latest Purchase

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17

bugen
02-06-2016, 09:36 PM
Got mine in the other day from CD's snow sale. The slipcases are total crap for the unsigned but I like the quality of the books. Hopefully, Andrew, your slipcase is of must better quality.

Haven't seen the trade cases but I'm with Martin - I think the limited has an excellent slipcase and also that the entire production is superb. It was pricey, and I totally get it was a bit much for a regular limited, and also understand some of the gripes on even releasing a 10th anniversary when they already released the original, but I'm really glad they did! I was a little surprised to have all of the extras that came with it laid out in front of me.

Brian861
02-07-2016, 05:46 AM
Haven't seen the trade cases but I'm with Martin - I think the limited has an excellent slipcase and also that the entire production is superb. It was pricey, and I totally get it was a bit much for a regular limited, and also understand some of the gripes on even releasing a 10th anniversary when they already released the original, but I'm really glad they did! I was a little surprised to have all of the extras that came with it laid out in front of me.

That's what kept me away from the limited as I thought it was a little too pricy. But I'm very glad to hear that you and Martin both are happy with your purchase. Sounds and looks like ya got what ya paid for. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have even purchased the books had they not been on sale. The slipcase for the trade is like an afterthought but I guess it does what a slipcase should do; house the book. Just nothing to write home about. I might pick up the limited down the road once I get the bug for collecting his stuff. I plan on reading one of the copies so I'm sure that will be the beginning of that.

Julzz
02-10-2016, 09:56 PM
Just received Blackwater last night. Can't wait to read this as all the reviews I've read seems promising. Same size as the Michael Cisco set. Thanks to TacomaDiver for the enablement....this whole thread has been dreadful enabling.

Martin
02-10-2016, 10:26 PM
Just received Blackwater last night. Can't wait to read this as all the reviews I've read seems promising. Same size as the Michael Cisco set. Thanks to TacomaDiver for the enablement....this whole thread has been dreadful enabling.

Helping others spend their money is what we do best!

TacomaDiver
02-11-2016, 04:59 AM
YES! You all so remarkably well at that.

Oh - and you're welcome Julzz. I haven't read it yet - hopefully this year! (Yes, it's barely February and I'm already worried I won't have time for that collection.)

Helping others spend their money is what we do best!

TJCams
02-11-2016, 07:58 PM
My last purchase was at my local Chapters - had a $10 coupon that had to be used, so I picked up a pb copy of Alastair Reynold's Revelation Space. One I've been looking forward to getting my hands on!

bugen
02-14-2016, 12:18 AM
Planning on updating the Book Reviews thread with pics of books I've received since originally posting but thought those not interested in the thread might really dig this aspect of Subterranean's lettered Voice of the Fire by Alan Moore:

Here's why the lettering looks as it does:

It burns as the lights go down:

Martin
02-14-2016, 02:06 AM
Planning on updating the Book Reviews thread with pics of books I've received since originally posting but thought those not interested in the thread might really dig this aspect of Subterranean's lettered Voice of the Fire by Alan Moore:

Here's why the lettering looks as it does:

It burns as the lights go down:

Fantastic! Would live to see some interior photo's.

Sock Monkey
02-15-2016, 04:18 AM
That Alan Moore lettered edition is really nice! I have yet to add a Subterranean Press lettered edition to my collection, mostly because they all the ones that I want are out of my price range. Thanks for the pics!

uturnfilms
02-15-2016, 02:32 PM
Did CD get their Voice copies yet?

Theli
02-15-2016, 10:21 PM
I love it Bugens! I've been considering making the purchase of the numbered edition, but have been a bit gun shy. Love Moore, but am uncertain if I will enjoy a full length book from him.

TacomaDiver
02-15-2016, 11:01 PM
The first chapter was really hard to get through but it was an interesting voice. I found it easier to understand if I read it aloud (something I couldn't do on my normal train commute though.)

I didn't find the story as wowing as some of his comic stuff. It's probably one of those books I'll have to reread to better appreciate.

I love it Bugens! I've been considering making the purchase of the numbered edition, but have been a bit gun shy. Love Moore, but am uncertain if I will enjoy a full length book from him.

bugen
02-17-2016, 12:43 AM
Thank you guys, I'm really happy with it.

Fantastic! Would live to see some interior photo's.

Martin unfortunately there isn't much more art to the interior. Actually my kindle version had more, though not the complicated DJ picture. I've snapped a couple more pics for you:

Julzz
02-17-2016, 01:05 AM
Book looks great! I will say that I enjoy reading your reviews and adding pics of the books would def give it great value :)

bugen
02-17-2016, 01:53 AM
Thanks Julzz, I appreciate you saying.

Just updated The Ruins with some pics and I think it does make for more complete overview, especially when the physical book in question has some real quality to it. This was one of the books that was very expensive from the get-go, then CD removed the traycase, and I had mixed feelings about it. I liked that they gave customers the option for a refund when they announced about the traycases, and considered it, but in the end I'm glad I kept the book. It's a hell of a horror story and a very nice production.

Martin
02-17-2016, 06:59 AM
Thank you guys, I'm really happy with it.

Martin unfortunately there isn't much more art to the interior. Actually my kindle version had more, though not the complicated DJ picture. I've snapped a couple more pics for you:

Thanks for the additional photos.

Sock Monkey
02-17-2016, 11:13 PM
Just updated The Ruins with some pics and I think it does make for more complete overview, especially when the physical book in question has some real quality to it. This was one of the books that was very expensive from the get-go, then CD removed the traycase, and I had mixed feelings about it. I liked that they gave customers the option for a refund when they announced about the traycases, and considered it, but in the end I'm glad I kept the book. It's a hell of a horror story and a very nice production.

I agree 100%. I love both of the Scott Smith lettered editions. CD did a heck of job with them!

jhanic
02-18-2016, 04:34 PM
My latest:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/Plant%202%20proof_zps97rmxgmb.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/Plant%202%20proof_zps97rmxgmb.jpg.html)

Limitation page (initialed by Michael Alpert):

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/Plant%202%20proof%20limitation%20page_zpsqtbb6drj. jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/Plant%202%20proof%20limitation%20page_zpsqtbb6drj. jpg.html)

John

TacomaDiver
02-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Some people know that I "discovered" Joe R Lansdale last year after purchasing the Humble Bundle of Subterranean Press ebooks. Ever since then, I've been on a slow trek of acquiring copies of all of his books. The tricky part for me is that while I want to collect what he's written, and I'm only doing it for the content not the format, it is very difficult not to spend a small fortune doing this because it seems like almost every book of his has had a special edition done on it. $10 for a signed trade hardcover 1st, or $90 for the CD/Sub version . . . so tempting still!

But luckily I've controlled myself (for the most part,) and it's not like his signature is hard to come by (he's very similar to Joe Hill on that aspect.)

Last week, I acquired 16 books (not all Lansdale,) and another Lansdale one arrived this morning.

Two of the Lansdale books that I got last week came from a killer sale that PS was having. For £10 each (ended up being about $43 after shipping,) I got signed/numbered copies of Edge of Dark Water and Trapped in the Saturday Matinee. Cover price on both of these were a combined £$109.98. I can't complain at the price I paid!

17877 17878

My Lansdale shelf is coming along nicely - and I'm quickly running out of room.
17879 17880 17881

Brian861
02-22-2016, 03:33 AM
Looking good, Jason! Congrats!

Brian861
02-22-2016, 07:09 PM
My latest from across the pond.

TacomaDiver
02-22-2016, 11:55 PM
Very nice add!! (My shelf needs one damnit!)

My latest from across the pond.

Brian861
02-23-2016, 05:09 AM
Thanks, Jason! Prepare to pay a bit for one in decent shape.

jhanic
02-23-2016, 11:48 AM
Nice! You don't see that one too often.

John

frik51
02-23-2016, 06:21 PM
Very nice, Brian. Love this edition!

sk

Theli
02-23-2016, 08:13 PM
Nice Lansdale collection Jason! I've been wanting that Cold in July/Savage Season two pack for a while.

Also a killer add Brian, another book I've considered picking up (and may yet) I do have the CP edition and US 1st/1st of it, but I like the look of the UK edition too. Can never have too many 'Salem's Lots!

TacomaDiver
02-23-2016, 08:30 PM
Nice Lansdale collection Jason! I've been wanting that Cold in July/Savage Season two pack for a while.

Thanks!
I won't tell you the price I paid for it. I think I stole it based on the prices in eBay and Abe Books.

I added the new Sub Press book last night (name totally escapes me) and I believe that Amazon dropped off the new Hap and Leonard PB collection today.

Brian861
02-23-2016, 08:52 PM
Nice! You don't see that one too often. John

Also a killer add Brian, another book I've considered picking up (and may yet) I do have the CP edition and US 1st/1st of it, but I like the look of the UK edition too. Can never have too many 'Salem's Lots!

Plus the CD edition and the PS edition coming our way soon! Our collections are starting to get overran quickly by these thirsty bloodsuckers! :)

Very nice, Brian. Love this edition! sk

Thanks, guys! I'm in need of a 2nd or 3rd state Trade 1st/1st US along with a UK Trade 1st/1st but those are on the waiting list for the time being. In the meantime, my main goal this year is to collect the lower end UK Trade 1st/1st. Several more are due to arrive tomorrow and I'll get 'em up soon.

Julzz
02-24-2016, 02:51 PM
I received Edge of Dark water a few months ago from PS. Paid $7 for it, kinda felt guilty lol as it felt like stealing. Great book I enjoyed reading it. Kicking myself for not picking up anything from their clearance. Should've picked up Trapped in the Saturday Matinee.

Theli
02-24-2016, 03:13 PM
Plus the CD edition and the PS edition coming our way soon! Our collections are starting to get overran quickly by these thirsty bloodsuckers! :)

Thanks, guys! I'm in need of a 2nd or 3rd state Trade 1st/1st US along with a UK Trade 1st/1st but those are on the waiting list for the time being. In the meantime, my main goal this year is to collect the lower end UK Trade 1st/1st. Several more are due to arrive tomorrow and I'll get 'em up soon.

Yeah I'd like to get a 2nd and 3rd state 1st US edition, I wouldn't be too concerned about the condition for the second state, and a 1st UK... maybe a signed copy while I'm at it too! hahaha.

But yeah looking forward to the CD and PS editions, as well as the remarqued Portfolio from CD.

Brian861
02-24-2016, 05:03 PM
Yeah I'd like to get a 2nd and 3rd state 1st US edition, I wouldn't be too concerned about the condition for the second state, and a 1st UK... maybe a signed copy while I'm at it too! hahaha.

But yeah looking forward to the CD and PS editions, as well as the remarqued Portfolio from CD.

Why not?! The sky's the limit right?! lol. I couldn't foot the bill for the Remarque at the time but I do have the matching portfolio coming as well.

jhanic
02-26-2016, 07:33 PM
I just received my signed copy of the US Bazaar of Bad Dreams.

John

Brian861
02-27-2016, 06:11 AM

John

Nice, John! Congrats! I'm always so envious of your skills of obtainability :)

Theli
02-27-2016, 01:40 PM

John

Doesn't seem to be many of those floating around. Congrats!

jhanic
02-29-2016, 12:29 AM
Doesn't seem to be many of those floating around. Congrats!

Thanks!

John

mhatchett
03-01-2016, 12:00 AM
Just got this one! No wonder I can never take advantage of CD's Great deals. Love all the art work in the Shattered Sea series, very well done.

Theli
03-01-2016, 01:05 AM
Absolutely killer! Big congrats! Do you have the other books in the trilogy too?
I've been considering picking up those books too, have yet to delve into it though. Loving the First Law trilogy so far though... So I can't see why I wouldn't.

mhatchett
03-01-2016, 10:57 AM
Thanks! I have all the Abercrombie books that Sub has done. I found him pretty early on, so I was looking for the limiteds. This series is not my favorite, sometimes it reads a little YAish, not as dark as 1st Law for sure. Enjoyable though. The neat thing is they're doing a slipcase for the set.

TacomaDiver
03-04-2016, 02:53 AM
I got some fun new books the last couple of days.

First up - on Tuesday - I attended my first SFWA (http://www.sfwa.org/) (Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America) gathering in Kirkland, Washington.

The reason of my going was that an author I really enjoy was going to be there as part of a mini-book tour promoting his first non-self-published novel. I've seen Jason Gurley (http://www.jasongurley.com/) on two separate occasions (one was at a library north of Seattle, and the second time was a brewery in Portland - beers and books - WINNING!)

I was able to get my copy of Eleanor (his novel) signed, along with the paperback ARC of the same, and a copy of a collection that one of his short stories appeared in (the same story in fact that he read at the brewery reading.)

Loosed Upon the World, Eleanor ARC, Eleanor

Quiet Town is his short story and my inscription reads "For Jason, who hasn't read it ... but that's okay!" The meaning behind this is that I told him I haven't read the story in the book, but I did hear him read it, which is a good start.

My Eleanor ARC was inscribed as "For Jason, who also never wins!" This is due to my making a comment that even though he did quite a few contests to win this ARC (and other books,) I had to resort to getting my copy on eBay. He also used a handy little stamp that says Time is a River, which he inscribed in my copy of the self-published version of Eleanor.

And finally, my hardcover of Eleanor:

On the top is a sweet little drawing that Jason did for me. I saw a copy of this book on eBay that included a similar drawing, and I tweeted at him about what would it take to get a drawing too. He told me to ask nicely and smile. So I bought him a shot of a local whiskey.

And on the bottom my inscription reads "For Jason - Carl Sagan said "Books are proof humans are capable of working magic." Hope you find some here!"

I also purchased books from the other two participants in this reading. I hadn't heard of either before, but I enjoyed chatting with Susan Forest (who I shared a table with, along with her husband (who some fantastic stories of his own,) and my girlfriend.)

Updraft by Fran Wilde (To Jason - On your wings) and Immunity to Strange Tales by Susan Forest (Jason - So great to meet you tonight at the Pacific Northwest Reading series in Seattle!)

Even though Kirkland isn't very convenient for someone living in Tacoma (on a Tuesday evening,) it was still quite a fun night!

RonClinton
03-04-2016, 03:00 AM
Go**amn it, I forgot all about that signing...had every intention of going to get my Sub Press Howey set signed and pick up a signed ELANOR HC. And it's just down the proverbial road for me. Shoot.

Darn cool remarque, Jason.

TacomaDiver
03-04-2016, 03:12 AM
My other fun book that I received (on Monday I believe,) is the latest Harlan Ellison collection from Subterranean Press - Can & Can'tankerous.

The first thing about this book - which is practically impossible to capture in photographs - is the quality of the slipcase. It's possibly my favorite slipcase in my collection. It's a really cool dark grey color (that is bright red inside - which matches the overall theme of the book's design,) and is super smooth. It has has beveled edges which makes it unique when compared to my other slipcases.

The grey/black and red theme is carried throughout the entire production. I'm really impressed. I think Sub Press truly outdid themselves here with the entire presentation.

TacomaDiver
03-04-2016, 03:14 AM
That's awful!! If I knew I would have pinged you to remind you. I know that when I got my Wool set signed, Jason said that he had only signed one other set (from Argentina I believe) so I'm sure he would have enjoyed another one.

And I too love the remarque. Jason's a cool guy - my girlfriend thinks I'm stalking him, but I have progressed to getting a man-hug instead of a handshake and he always remembers her and my name (not that mine is tricky . . .)

Go**amn it, I forgot all about that signing...had every intention of going to get my Sub Press Howey set signed and pick up a signed ELANOR HC. And it's just down the proverbial road for me. Shoot.

Darn cool remarque, Jason.

bugen
03-04-2016, 03:36 AM
Very cool! Especially love that inscription!

My Eleanor ARC was inscribed as "For Jason, who also never wins!"

TacomaDiver
03-04-2016, 04:43 AM
Thanks!

Very cool! Especially love that inscription!

Martin
03-04-2016, 05:08 AM
Great additions. Glad the drive up to Kirkland was worth it!

RonClinton
03-04-2016, 05:44 AM
That's awful!! If I knew I would have pinged you to remind you.

I appreciate the thought, but it's my own damn fault. Maybe this'll teach me to not rely on my pitted memory so much, and start using my Outlook calendar more for events like this.

Dave1442397
03-04-2016, 11:25 AM
My other fun book that I received (on Monday I believe,) is the latest Harlan Ellison collection from Subterranean Press - Can & Can'tankerous.

The first thing about this book - which is practically impossible to capture in photographs - is the quality of the slipcase. It's possibly my favorite slipcase in my collection. It's a really cool dark grey color (that is bright red inside - which matches the overall theme of the book's design,) and is super smooth. It has has beveled edges which makes it unique when compared to my other slipcases.

The grey/black and red theme is carried throughout the entire production. I'm really impressed. I think Sub Press truly outdid themselves here with the entire presentation.

That looks really nice! I have one on the way too. I didn't order it when it was first announced, but Sub Press had undersold the limited by 30 copies, so I ordered one a few days ago.

TacomaDiver
03-05-2016, 03:30 PM
You're going to be impressed! It's a beautiful book. Enjoy.

I might have to buy the trade now just so I don't have to lug around my fancy version. (Yes, I read my signed books - OH NO!)

That looks really nice! I have one on the way too. I didn't order it when it was first announced, but Sub Press had undersold the limited by 30 copies, so I ordered one a few days ago.

Dave1442397
03-05-2016, 04:11 PM
You're going to be impressed! It's a beautiful book. Enjoy.

I might have to buy the trade now just so I don't have to lug around my fancy version. (Yes, I read my signed books - OH NO!)

Yes, it is! It showed up yesterday. I'll have to read it when I get some time to just sit here at home with it. I read my signed books too, carefully, and they don't leave the house.

I still have to get back to Ellison Wonderland. I started the new introduction, but then got distracted :)

Plasticine
03-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Received Hell's Bounty by the Champion Mojo Storyteller Joe Lansdale and his brother, John earlier in the week. I missed out when it went up for pre-order at SubPress. I knew I wanted the book, but I couldn't afford it as I had other books I wanted more. When it sold out, I was resigned to paying the inevitable after market mark up on E-Bay. Imagine my surprise when it showed up in stock at Amazon for only thirty bones. I couldn't pull the trigger fast enough.

http://i.imgur.com/fJ5vRQC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tVW2Y5N.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XR1SmJ4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8jJbexQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EZZYT39.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RMsxZp0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0OznzPm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QPTnZJy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/B87IZCF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EtQzuqD.jpg

Nice clean book. The Timothy Truman cover is amazing, just like the rest of the Lansdale titles he's done for SubPress. It was nice to see it utilized on the signature page as well. Super happy to have added it to my steadily growing Champion Joe collection.

edit: looks like it's available again directly from SubPress.

bookworm 1
03-06-2016, 12:51 AM
Received Hell's Bounty by the Champion Mojo Storyteller Joe Lansdale and his brother, John earlier in the week. I missed out when it went up for pre-order at SubPress. I knew I wanted the book, but I couldn't afford it as I had other books I wanted more. When it sold out, I was resigned to paying the inevitable after market mark up on E-Bay. Imagine my surprise when it showed up in stock at Amazon for only thirty bones. I couldn't pull the trigger fast enough.

Nice clean book. The Timothy Truman cover is amazing, just like the rest of the Lansdale titles he's done for SubPress. It was nice to see it utilized on the signature page as well. Super happy to have added it to my steadily growing Champion Joe collection.

Very nice. I really wanted this one. Funds are still kind of tight right now. That cover is amazing.

RonClinton
03-06-2016, 01:59 AM
Yeah, I still need to get that one, too. Looks as nice as I'd expect from Sub Press...beautiful.

Brian861
03-06-2016, 06:43 AM
I almost purchased the book for the DJ art alone! Do you guys know if Sub sells DJs like CD does? Or any other publisher for that matter. I've gotten a budding interest in collecting and framing cover art that I really like.

mhatchett
03-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Hey Brian,
Centipede does.

TacomaDiver
03-06-2016, 03:46 PM
I've got some of Centipede's Jim Thompson covers if you'd like. No charge since they just put them in a box with a book awhile back. I'll just have to find them - moved in August and there are still a handful of boxes around that haven't gotten unpacked.

I almost purchased the book for the DJ art alone! Do you guys know if Sub sells DJs like CD those? Or any other publisher for that matter. I've gotten a budding interest in collecting and framing cover art that I really like.

Hey Brian,
Centipede does.

Brian861
03-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Hey Brian, Centipede does.

Thanks for the info, Mike!

I've got some of Centipede's Jim Thompson covers if you'd like. No charge since they just put them in a box with a book awhile back. I'll just have to find them - moved in August and there are still a handful of boxes around that haven't gotten unpacked.

Sweet offer, Jason! Thanks! If you could PM me the titles so that I can look them up or shoot me some pics, that would be great. No rush. Whenever ya get around to going through the boxes. I'll pay your shipping cost of course if I decide I want 'em.

RonClinton
03-06-2016, 07:54 PM

I'm such an easy target. I was going to give this one a pass -- gasp! yes, my first Lansdale pass! -- based on the very lukewarm reviews I've read of it and I'm trying -- trying, anyhow -- to cut down on my purchases this year. But your beautiful photos dashed those aspirations all to he** and it's back on my To Get list.

TacomaDiver
03-06-2016, 08:29 PM
I thought I missed my chance to get this, but right before shipping SP said they had a few more copies and expected it to be a sellout before shipping so I snagged one. They of course found more after shipping ...

I'm excited out the new I Travel By Night book from Robert McCammon that went live this morning.

I'm such an easy target. I was going to give this one a pass -- gasp! yes, my first Lansdale pass! -- based on the very lukewarm reviews I've read of it and I'm trying -- trying, anyhow -- to cut down on my purchases this year. But your beautiful photos dashed those aspirations all to he** and it's back on my To Get list.

RonClinton
03-07-2016, 02:28 AM
I'm excited out the new I Travel By Night book from Robert McCammon that went live this morning.

I am, too, though I've opted to go the trade route on this series, so at least I don't have to sweat getting one right away.

Sock Monkey
03-07-2016, 02:45 AM
I think that Sub Press is trying to kill my budget with this new announcement. That being said, I'm pretty excited as well.

TacomaDiver
03-07-2016, 03:52 AM
I only have the eBook of I Travel By Night, so I had to go the trade option. I did grab a scratch and dent return of Stinger ($30 - can't pass that up) and ordered what I hope is truly a "very good" copy of I Travel By Night.

I don't want to think about how much I've spent on McCammon in the last 6 months - but then again, I had no idea who was until last year either, and like Joe Lansdale, it's become a MUST BUY IT ALL!!

I am, too, though I've opted to go the trade route on this series, so at least I don't have to sweat getting one right away.

I think that Sub Press is trying to kill my budget with this new announcement. That being said, I'm pretty excited as well.

mhatchett
03-07-2016, 01:32 PM
OK, my weirdest purchase of the year, I couldn't pass it up. Yesterday we went to a small antique mall down the road. it was a nice day, good for a drive. I walked in and saw this and I was like "I need this for Halloween." I think you kind of understand me, if you're thinking, "This guy is thinking about Halloween In march, I get it lol!" He was a trash can cover produced in the 50's for Ocean View Amusement Park in Norfolk VA. The Park was closed down in 1979 and was featured in the movie Death of Ocean View Park. I plan on refreshing his paint and displaying him this year. Cast Metal, weighs about 80 pounds, open on both sides. You know you've been with the right woman for 38 years when she sees it and says, "You have to get that." I don't usually talk prices, but I paid about $100.00 for him. I'll post the after pictures once I'm done. It's the small adventures, isn't it lol!!

Sock Monkey
03-07-2016, 02:18 PM
That's a really cool and interesting purchase! There's so much cool and interesting stuff out there in the world. Maybe I need to hit the antique stores more often.

paperdragon
03-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Thats pretty cool, I would have snapped that up also.

Theli
03-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Absolutely awesome! haha!

TJCams
03-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Nice find!

bugen
03-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Wow! I probably wouldn't have picked that up, and then spent years wishing I had.

RonClinton
03-07-2016, 06:29 PM
That's just wonderful...congrats on a terrific find! Were I you, though, I wouldn't freshen that up paint at all… That looks terrific as it is with a little wear and tear, makes it a little more spooky.

mhatchett
03-07-2016, 06:50 PM
Thanks! I know, I'm a little torn about freshening it up, we'll see after zi wash it up.

mhatchett
03-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Wow! I probably wouldn't have picked that up, and then spent years wishing I had.

I've done that a few time myself GRRRR LOl! Hate that feeling.

subie09lega
03-08-2016, 05:00 PM
That's just wonderful...congrats on a terrific find! Were I you, though, I wouldn't freshen that up paint at all… That looks terrific as it is with a little wear and tear, makes it a little more spooky.

I agree, I think it looks great as-is.

slayn666
03-08-2016, 06:47 PM
I did grab a scratch and dent return of Stinger ($30 - can't pass that up)

I caved and picked up one of these as well. A lot of what SubPress sells as "scratch and dent" barely qualifies, especially if they put a new dust jacket on.

Dave1442397
03-08-2016, 09:11 PM
I caved and picked up one of these as well. A lot of what SubPress sells as "scratch and dent" barely qualifies, especially if they put a new dust jacket on.

I bought one too, and I agree on the "scratch and dent" statement. I've bought a few of these over the years and never found anything wrong with them.

TacomaDiver
03-09-2016, 01:14 AM
I managed to purchase one of the scratch and dent versions of NOS4A2 and still can't figure out what was wrong with it. And I'm good with that.

Hoping my copy of Stinger is just as bad. ;)

(Reminds me of that scratch and dent couch I purchased at ikea in a previous life. Only way I figured out it was scratched was when we put it into a truck and the bottom underside fabric had maybe a two inch tear. Hello 50% off.

I bought one too, and I agree on the "scratch and dent" statement. I've bought a few of these over the years and never found anything wrong with them.

slayn666
03-09-2016, 01:56 AM
To be honest, I think Bill treats any returned books as scratch and dent regardless of the reason they were returned. So while some might actually be damaged, some will also be stock returned from wholesalers that didn't/couldn't sell the books. These copies of Stinger appear to be the latter case.

RonClinton
03-09-2016, 04:30 AM
I bought a $30 STINGER, too, even though I have a signed 1st UK HC (which is why I skipped it in the first place). But I looked at my copy today, and it turns out it had been inscribed to the previous owner -- and that was excuse enough to spring for the S/L. :D

I wish I'd sprung for the S/L HC of BLUE WORLD when returns of it were offered at a similar price...kinda screwed up there. Again, I have a signed UK 1st HC of BLUE WORLD, too, but the three add'l uncollected stories should have been enough to justify $30, darn it.

Dave1442397
03-09-2016, 10:16 AM
I wish I'd sprung for the S/L HC of BLUE WORLD when returns of it were offered at a similar price...kinda screwed up there. Again, I have a signed UK 1st HC of BLUE WORLD, too, but the three add'l uncollected stories should have been enough to justify $30, darn it.

Yeah, I passed that one up at full price, but when the returned copies went on sale I bought one. Again, no damage to the book.

Theli
03-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Same goes for me with NOS4A2, I've grabbed a couple others here and there too, like $10 for KJ Parker's Savages, the dust jacket may have been slightly bumped, but for all I know that could have happened in shipping, that was it. Always a worthy buy.

Julzz
03-09-2016, 01:40 PM
So jealous, want to grab one at that price but shipping is $40 which is more than the book itself!

Dave1442397
03-09-2016, 04:03 PM
So jealous, want to grab one at that price but shipping is $40 which is more than the book itself!

$40? Where are you?

bugen
03-09-2016, 06:23 PM
Received today! About 650 pages, good paper and binding, and outstanding stories with every last one a Hugo winner or Hugo nominated.

Long sold out on Amazon, a very good copy with a slight tear is available on ebay for $150, a VG+ on Abe for $75, and a new copy on Abe for $600.

Or, as I finally realized, straight from the publisher for $35.

mhatchett
03-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Very nice!

Theli
03-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Nice grab!

TJCams
03-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Hmmm....sounds pretty interesting. Love it!

bugen
03-09-2016, 11:47 PM
Thanks guys. I'd only read about 10 of these but looking forward to the rest. What I have read is excellent.

Brian861
03-10-2016, 05:50 AM
Recent wins from a few HF auctions:

Theli
03-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Very nice! Is that the Revival copy with the Don Maitz Remarque?

Julzz
03-10-2016, 03:37 PM
$40? Where are you?
North of the border Canada. For whatever reason shipping from the UK to Canada is less expensive than just south of the border. Very frustrating when I see great deals but hampered by the high cost of shipping :/

Dave1442397
03-10-2016, 11:48 PM
North of the border Canada. For whatever reason shipping from the UK to Canada is less expensive than just south of the border. Very frustrating when I see great deals but hampered by the high cost of shipping :/

Yeah, that sucks. I've known people to have things sent General Delivery to a US post office and drive across the border to get them.

Julzz
03-11-2016, 02:14 AM
Yeah, that sucks. I've known people to have things sent General Delivery to a US post office and drive across the border to get them.
I have family in the states so I've had books delivered to their address but that would be a last resort as I might visit them once a year maybe once every 2 years. Sometimes I guess I just have to suck it up.

Merlin1958
03-11-2016, 03:01 AM
Check this piece out!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201538414959?_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Brian861
03-11-2016, 07:12 AM
Very nice! Is that the Revival copy with the Don Maitz Remarque?

Thanks, Dan. Unfortunately no :(. Just a regular old 1st/1st but in great condition and a check off the old UK 1st/1st list :).

Brian861
03-11-2016, 07:24 AM
Check this piece out!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201538414959?_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Great piece. Hoping my Uncle Sam comes through for me soon! :).

Theli
03-11-2016, 08:28 PM
Thanks, Dan. Unfortunately no :(. Just a regular old 1st/1st but in great condition and a check off the old UK 1st/1st list :).
Nothing wrong with that!

Brian861
03-12-2016, 06:26 AM
Nothing wrong with that!

No, Sir! A "Revival" is coming soon to my place. I'll post once the guest have arrived and have been properly seated :).

TacomaDiver
03-12-2016, 11:53 PM
My copy of the scratched and dented version of STINGER arrived today. Pretty much flawless. Hell, even the spine made a cracking noise when I opened it to put my Brodart cover one.

Also picked up the 10th Anniversary Edition of The Book Thief. Never read it, did enjoy the movie (even if the narrator annoyed me,) and a good friend recommended it to me.

RonClinton
03-13-2016, 12:17 AM
My copy of GONE GIRL arrived today. I posted my (mostly disappointed) thoughts in the GONE GIRL thread in the "Current CD Projects" board.

TacomaDiver
03-13-2016, 01:43 AM
I was reading that. Makes me a little hesitant to get mine. Hmmmm.

My copy of GONE GIRL arrived today. I posted my (mostly disappointed) thoughts in the GONE GIRL thread in the "Current CD Projects" board.

Plasticine
03-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Picked up the Bloodletting Press edition of Brian Keene's Urban Gothic at a local bookstore.

http://i.imgur.com/NXxDY3G.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UTX7Qad.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5DWjPll.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D2MWqmt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1YHfhhl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QEPljEP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aCak01s.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SdIJNSf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pYSSa0z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/z4oQ3tD.jpg

While I love Keene, this is only my second limited edition. The after-market pricing for his limited stuff tends to flat-out insane, so I can't afford many of the editions I'd like (The Rising, chief among them). The other one I've snagged so far was Castaways, which is also a Bloodletting Press edition. Unlike that one, which was bound in burlap, their Urban Gothic is a much more traditional looking book. Leather bound, it's really quite gorgeous. The Alex McVey art is unique and disturbing. I just wish the binding was more cooperative, because I would have gladly taken pictures of more of it. Really great addition, and I'm super happy to add it to my Brian Keen collection.

Martin
03-13-2016, 08:16 PM
Picked up the Bloodletting Press edition of Brian Keene's Urban Gothic at a local bookstore.

http://i.imgur.com/NXxDY3G.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UTX7Qad.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5DWjPll.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D2MWqmt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1YHfhhl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QEPljEP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aCak01s.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SdIJNSf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pYSSa0z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/z4oQ3tD.jpg

While I love Keene, this is only my second limited edition. The after-market pricing for his limited stuff tends to flat-out insane, so I can't afford many of the editions I'd like (The Rising, chief among them). The other one I've snagged so far was Castaways, which is also a Bloodletting Press edition. Unlike that one, which was bound in burlap, their Urban Gothic is a much more traditional looking book. Leather bound, it's really quite gorgeous. The Alex McVey art is unique and disturbing. I just wish the binding was more cooperative, because I would have gladly taken pictures of more of it. Really great addition, and I'm super happy to add it to my Brian Keen collection.

That is a beautiful book, thanks for sharing. I may have too look for a copy.

jigertz
03-14-2016, 01:25 AM
It's not a book, but if anybody in the world will appreciate this as much as I do, it will be people on this forum. I spent the weekend in Tokyo and came across this little gem in the back of a display case in a memorabilia/old toy sort of shop. The last thing I would have ever expected to come across. I have no idea where it came from or anything, but it is heavy, made of metal, and quite cool. There was also a cheaper one signed by some of the cast members on a big plastic base that said Phantasm 3, but it was pretty cheap looking and unruly.

Martin
03-14-2016, 01:58 AM
It's not a book, but if anybody in the world will appreciate this as much as I do, it will be people on this forum. I spent the weekend in Tokyo and came across this little gem in the back of a display case in a memorabilia/old toy sort of shop. The last thing I would have ever expected to come across. I have no idea where it came from or anything, but it is heavy, made of metal, and quite cool. There was also a cheaper one signed by some of the cast members on a big plastic base that said Phantasm 3, but it was pretty cheap looking and unruly.

Very cool!

bugen
03-14-2016, 02:03 AM
Yeah, that's sweet

Brian861
03-14-2016, 03:11 AM
Nice pick!

slayn666
03-14-2016, 03:16 AM
Where do you people live that you can find limited editions like that in used book stores?

Argh, I hate this area.

mhatchett
03-14-2016, 04:46 PM
Great Movie, great find!

Theli
03-14-2016, 11:11 PM
The first Phantasm is a favourite of mine. Great grab!

Sock Monkey
03-15-2016, 06:03 AM

Oh man, that just freaking rocks!

Martin Roberts
03-15-2016, 05:14 PM
Sweet find...I got the DVD 'box' set, but that's frekin' awesome!

Dave1442397
03-16-2016, 12:15 AM

That's really cool! I don't think I've ever actually seen the movie. I remember trying to watch it once, but it turned out to be "edited for TV", which made me switch it off right away.

paperdragon
03-16-2016, 01:04 AM
That sphere rocks!!

Brian861
03-20-2016, 06:25 AM
Picked up these reading copies at a few local bookstores today. Haven't read any of them but I loved the movie Ghost Story and have always wanted to read the book. I lost my reading copy of The Talisman somewhere a long the way in life. This old boy looks like it's been around the block a time or two. I wonder the stories it would tell about its readers..... Also picked up an As New copy of Revival 1st/1st that looked better than mine!

Martin
03-20-2016, 06:35 AM
Picked up these reading copies at a few local bookstores today. Haven't read any of them but I loved the movie Ghost Story and have always wanted to read the book. I lost my reading copy of The Talisman somewhere a long the way in life. This old boy looks like it's been around the block a time or two. I wonder the stories it would tell about its readers..... Also picked up an As New copy of Revival 1st/1st that looked better than mine!

I completely agree that the movie Ghost Story is a great one and I try to watch it each year. However the book has so much more depth that it is hard to compare them. You are in for a treat with a first reading of Ghost Story! After that you should pick up Peter Straub's Lost Boy:Lost Girl which is Peter Straub's best Ghost Story.

Brian861
03-20-2016, 06:42 AM
I completely agree that the movie Ghost Story is a great one and I try to watch it each year. However the book has so much more depth that it is hard to compare them. You are in for a treat with a first reading of Ghost Story! After that you should pick up Peter Straub's Lost Boy:Lost Girl which is Peter Straub's best Ghost Story.

Thanks, Martin for the suggestion. One of the stores had Lost Boy:Lost Girl right next to Ghost Story, but never having read anything by Straub, I didn't pick it up. I'll try and return next week to do that.

bugen
03-20-2016, 08:50 AM
Good tip Martin, I haven't read Lost Boy:Lost Girl either but am a big fan of Ghost Story. It was one of my earlier challenging reads in horror and helped open me up to what was possible. He's right, Brian, you're in for something special. I've got the Ghost Story movie and have been meaning to watch it but my reading pile keeps taking over. Martin's comment will help me get to it.

Brian861
03-20-2016, 06:19 PM
Well, you guys have me very intrigued about this book now! Might have just moved it up to the top of my list!

TacomaDiver
03-20-2016, 11:36 PM
I showed off a couple of cool Jason Gurley (Eleanor, did the artwork for Sub Press's Wool trilogy) signed book that I got a few weeks ago. This week I acquired two new cool items.

First up is the UK edition of Eleanor. Yeah, I might own this book a handful of times already, but the cover's artwork was too beautiful to pass up:

And now what is possibly the jewel of my book collection. Is this better than my Jim Lee doodle of Elvis? My various Neil Gaiman doodles? Even my signed Doctor Sleep (thank you CD!)? Quite possibly.

Jason had a contest to win an edition of Eleanor that he painted a beautiful watercolor painting on the book's boards. I entered the contest and then also asked my girlfriend to as well. She promptly asked her best friend and her sister-in-law to enter as well. Why not?

Well, long story short - I didn't win. My her friend did!

I'm pretty stoked about this. Too bad the painting is hidden under the book's jacket . . .

bugen
03-21-2016, 12:15 AM
Nice, what a sweet collectible! And LOVE that cover art too.

Merlin1958
03-21-2016, 12:30 AM
Very, verynice and "sharp" acquisitions my friends!!!!!

Martin
03-21-2016, 12:30 AM
I showed off a couple of cool Jason Gurley (Eleanor, did the artwork for Sub Press's Wool trilogy) signed book that I got a few weeks ago. This week I acquired two new cool items.

First up is the UK edition of Eleanor. Yeah, I might own this book a handful of times already, but the cover's artwork was too beautiful to pass up:

And now what is possibly the jewel of my book collection. Is this better than my Jim Lee doodle of Elvis? My various Neil Gaiman doodles? Even my signed Doctor Sleep (thank you CD!)? Quite possibly.

Jason had a contest to win an edition of Eleanor that he painted a beautiful watercolor painting on the book's boards. I entered the contest and then also asked my girlfriend to as well. She promptly asked her best friend and her sister-in-law to enter as well. Why not?

I'm pretty stoked about this. Too bad the painting is hidden under the book's jacket . . .

Congratulations, very nice addition!

RonClinton
03-21-2016, 02:42 AM
Congrats, TD -- that's a wonderful new piece!

Joe315
03-21-2016, 04:28 AM

Glad someone here got it. I entered as well. I also received my UK edition of Eleanor. Love the artwork on that one.

Theli
03-21-2016, 04:44 AM
Absolutely beautiful water colour TD!

Brian861
03-21-2016, 05:28 AM
Awesome add, Jason!

bugen
03-21-2016, 09:09 PM
Ready Player One showed up today:

Martin
03-22-2016, 01:24 AM

That looks like a really nice edition. Love the artwork.

Theli
03-22-2016, 01:30 AM
Another hit for SP! Congrats!

bugen
03-22-2016, 03:30 AM
Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with it. Back in January CD announced some new black slipcases they were making that would fit multiple books and I ordered a couple. Relic was one of the books they had listed that the slipcases would fit, and they didn't list Dark Advent but that seems to be the same size, maybe just a tad smaller so I got one for each of my limited editions.

Ready Player One is nearly the exact same size, so when CD ships these I'm going to check if it fits and if so probably order one more. If it fits I'll post a pic in case anyone else wants to protect theirs. Will also confirm Dark Advent.

TacomaDiver
03-22-2016, 04:09 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm beyond stoked about this one.

Nice, what a sweet collectible! And LOVE that cover art too.

Congratulations, very nice addition!

Congrats, TD -- that's a wonderful new piece!

Glad someone here got it. I entered as well. I also received my UK edition of Eleanor. Love the artwork on that one.

Absolutely beautiful water colour TD!

Awesome add, Jason!

TacomaDiver
03-22-2016, 04:10 AM

My copy showed up as well. I love the artwork in it, along with the bonus materials. Really wish that The Martian contained something similar - it seems very basic. RPO looks great on my shelf!

TacomaDiver
03-22-2016, 04:10 AM
Ooooooh - please let us know.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with it. Back in January CD announced some new black slipcases they were making that would fit multiple books and I ordered a couple. Relic was one of the books they had listed that the slipcases would fit, and they didn't list Dark Advent but that seems to be the same size, maybe just a tad smaller so I got one for each of my limited editions.

Ready Player One is nearly the exact same size, so when CD ships these I'm going to check if it fits and if so probably order one more. If it fits I'll post a pic in case anyone else wants to protect theirs. Will also confirm Dark Advent.

Brian861
03-22-2016, 07:06 AM
Nice add, guys!

bugen
03-24-2016, 03:14 AM
A buddy of mine won this in a raffle the other day and decided to give it to me since he knows I'm a huge Batman fan:

Brian861
03-24-2016, 07:58 AM
Nice add, Andrew! Can't believe it's been that long since the movie was released. Wow! Feels like only yesterday.

Brian861
03-24-2016, 08:47 AM
Upgraded to traycases from slipcases for my gift edition of Riding the Bullet and my Remarque gift edition of From A Buick 8:

TJCams
03-24-2016, 06:18 PM
Ready Player One is one I have wanted to read for a while now. Any thoughts by those who have read it?

Also - some of the new things you guys/gals come up with are mind blowing!

bugen
03-24-2016, 06:53 PM
Nice looking traycase, Brian, I like it. Can't see the pics in the next post, though. Clicking them says 'invalid attachment.'

TJ I thought Ready Player One was an excellent read, especially for those submersed in the early video game culture. I did a short write-up on it a while ago in Book Reviews if you'd like to check it out: http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?2149-Book-Reviews&p=75286&viewfull=1#post75286

Brian861
03-24-2016, 08:57 PM
Thanks, Andrew! I'll try again for the photos that didn't show:

slayn666
03-24-2016, 10:06 PM
Ready Player One is one I have wanted to read for a while now. Any thoughts by those who have read it?

Your enjoyment is going to depend entirely on your tolerance for "HEY REMEMBER THIS THING FROM THE 80s?" If that doesn't wear thin, and you enjoy a story bursting at the seams with such references, you'll enjoy it.

bugen
03-25-2016, 12:49 AM
Your enjoyment is going to depend entirely on your tolerance for "HEY REMEMBER THIS THING FROM THE 80s?" If that doesn't wear thin, and you enjoy a story bursting at the seams with such references, you'll enjoy it.

That's a great way of putting it. Without some sense of nostalgia for the music, movies and games of that period I'm not too sure how the book would read.

frik51
03-25-2016, 03:26 PM
Love the new additions here! Congratulations, guys!!

sk

Brian861
03-25-2016, 05:54 PM
Love the new additions here! Congratulations, guys!!

sk

Thanks, Siep!

Plasticine
03-26-2016, 04:32 PM
Just received Thunderstorm's Private Reserve edition of Rock and Roll Zombies from Camelot Books the other day.

http://i.imgur.com/m2GXvvA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bfbs8IG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uRjmROm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hIJUWX8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fLeWRHk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OLbT7NR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sAR3GEY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QaEmrAT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZOlP6Ua.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wbzGPF5.jpg

This was the first Bryan Smith book I ever read and it made me a fan. I love the pulpy, 80s horror movie feel of the story and the music references throughout. When I found out there was such a limited edition of the book, it immediately became one of my "must haves". Imagine my surprise when this copy showed up on Camelot's website. I didn't even hesitate to put it on lay-a-way and paid it off full the moment I could do so. The edition didn't disappoint. I love the garish green of the cover. They made liberal use of the cover art through out the book. The textured leather is really nice. Extremely pleased I could add this to my collection.

Martin
03-26-2016, 04:44 PM
Just received Thunderstorm's Private Reserve edition of Rock and Roll Zombies from Camelot Books the other day.

http://i.imgur.com/m2GXvvA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bfbs8IG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uRjmROm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hIJUWX8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fLeWRHk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OLbT7NR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sAR3GEY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QaEmrAT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZOlP6Ua.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wbzGPF5.jpg

This was the first Bryan Smith book I ever read and it made me a fan. I love the pulpy, 80s horror movie feel of the story and the music references throughout. When I found out there was such a limited edition of the book, it immediately became one of my "must haves". Imagine my surprise when this copy showed up on Camelot's website. I didn't even hesitate to put it on lay-a-way and paid it off full the moment I could do so. The edition didn't disappoint. I love the garish green of the cover. They made liberal use of the cover art through out the book. The textured leather is really nice. Extremely pleased I could add this to my collection.

Great addition, congratulations!

Plasticine
03-26-2016, 06:21 PM
Great addition, congratulations!

Thank you.

RonClinton
03-26-2016, 07:00 PM
Funny, I just picked up my first Bryan Smith novel a few days ago: SLOWLY WE ROT, the signed/limited hardcover direct from the man himself. I understand it's atypical of his style/themes (i.e. quiet and reflective, which I prefer anyhow, rather than overt and violent), but I also hear it's quite good, so thought I'd give it a shot.

Plasticine
03-27-2016, 02:08 PM
I also own the limited of Slowly We Rot. It is a bit different from his normal stuff, but I also think it's his best book.

RonClinton
03-29-2016, 02:32 PM
it's his best book.

That's what I continue to hear, so am really looking forward to diving in.

Plasticine
03-30-2016, 11:48 PM
The book. I ordered it, it came.

http://i.imgur.com/BYwJLmU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SGM9Wgj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CCEn2dT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/asBHEDj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fiH4bBf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nfp8zjr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zRjr9yF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gmxW85X.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rQpEOGv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7gefoRE.jpg

Plasticine
03-30-2016, 11:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/e2WG001.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gO3DaHE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ynIcFnM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/t97k7qJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/H9RhyIw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5HkeEok.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uolbyYd.jpg

I've been putting off buying other physical editions since The Scarlet Gospels came out because I knew the day would come when I ordered this one. It took far longer than I imagined it would, but I'm so glad the day finally came when it arrived courtesy of Camelot Books. Absolutely gorgeous edition. It's really immaculately put together, with fine leather and great paper stock. The two color printing is very tasteful and well done. The slip case is wonderful. The only complaint I have (and it's very small) is the size of the manuscript pages. I wish they were one to a page, but that's such a small nitpick. Simply a great book by Earthling.

bugen
03-31-2016, 12:52 AM
Great pics, thank you for sharing!

Martin
03-31-2016, 01:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/e2WG001.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gO3DaHE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ynIcFnM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/t97k7qJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/H9RhyIw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5HkeEok.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uolbyYd.jpg

I've been putting off buying other physical editions since The Scarlet Gospels came out because I knew the day would come when I ordered this one. It took far longer than I imagined it would, but I'm so glad the day finally came when it arrived courtesy of Camelot Books. Absolutely gorgeous edition. It's really immaculately put together, with fine leather and great paper stock. The two color printing is very tasteful and well done. The slip case is wonderful. The only complaint I have (and it's very small) is the size of the manuscript pages. I wish they were one to a page, but that's such a small nitpick. Simply a great book by Earthling.

Looks great! Congratulations.

Brian861
03-31-2016, 01:30 AM
Love the look of the slipcase as well.

Brian861
03-31-2016, 01:58 AM
Reckon I'd ought to go through this stuff and get it put away before the Misses returns tomorrow :o

Mike88
03-31-2016, 02:41 AM
I really wish I would have pushed one this one. What A beautiful book.Congrats.

TacomaDiver
03-31-2016, 03:00 AM
NICE!

My kitchen table looked like that the week all of my eBay purchased a handful of CD and SP orders arrived. I was put on eBay probation after that ...

Reckon I'd ought to go through this stuff and get it put away before the Misses returns tomorrow :o

bugen
03-31-2016, 05:05 AM
Wow Brian, enjoy!

Brian861
03-31-2016, 05:58 AM
NICE! My kitchen table looked like that the week all of my eBay purchased a handful of CD and SP orders arrived. I was put on eBay probation after that ...

There is talk of bringing Prohibition back in my household. But it has nothing to do with the "sauce". :rolleyes:

Wow Brian, enjoy!

Thanks, Andrew! Acquired over the last couple of days. Nothing really to write home about expect a couple of pretty cool Remarques. But new to my collection stuff all the same :). Finally getting a little down time to open up the goodies.

jhanic
03-31-2016, 08:22 PM
I've finally able to get a copy!

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/US_Proofs/End%20of%20Watch%20proof_zpsegtkq1gp.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/US_Proofs/End%20of%20Watch%20proof_zpsegtkq1gp.jpg.html)

John

Brian861
03-31-2016, 09:35 PM

Per Martins suggestion, I returned to the mom and pop yesterday and picked this up. She has several other HB Straub's for sale. Anything else you guys would recommend by him?

bugen
03-31-2016, 10:31 PM
If You Could See Me Now was excellent.

Martin
04-01-2016, 03:45 AM
Per Martins suggestion, I returned to the mom and pop yesterday and picked this up. She has several other HB Straub's for sale. Anything else you guys would recommend by him?

Great read.

Martin
04-01-2016, 03:47 AM

I would also recommend The Hellfire Club. It is a Straub book that does not seem to get much attention but I really liked it.

Brian861
04-01-2016, 10:14 AM
Thanks, guys. She did have The Hellfire Club also. Looks like I'll be making another return trip :).

RonClinton
04-01-2016, 02:12 PM
Straub: GHOST STORY is his finest work and a seminal work in the genre.

SCARLET GOSPELS: Beyond his BoB volumes, I'm not much of a Barker fan anymore, but, wow, that volume is gorgeous...congrats.

subie09lega
04-01-2016, 02:18 PM
I haven't read it yet but I hear Straub's Shadowland is very good.

mhatchett
04-01-2016, 02:22 PM
Did anybody else buy the PS edition of Something Wicked this way Comes? Mine's on the way from Camelot. I'll like y'all know what it looks like.
Mike

Dave1442397
04-01-2016, 02:48 PM
I haven't read it yet but I hear Straub's Shadowland is very good.

I remember liking it a lot. I know I read it a few times, many years ago.

bugen
04-01-2016, 05:13 PM
Did anybody else buy the PS edition of Something Wicked this way Comes? Mine's on the way from Camelot. I'll like y'all know what it looks like.
Mike

I did, through SubPress. Love that novel! I saw a pic or two on DT, nothing extensive, but the book was striking. Really looking forward to it.

Mike88
04-02-2016, 05:33 AM
I would have to go with .KOKO. Mike

Brian861
04-02-2016, 06:41 AM
I would have to go with .KOKO. Mike

Hey, brother Mike! Good to see you around. My wife really loves that book. It's part of a trilogy right? I believe the store owner had a copy of it as well.

Mike88
04-02-2016, 07:24 AM
Hey, brother Mike! Good to see you around. My wife really loves that book. It's part of a trilogy right? I believe the store owner had a copy of it as well.

I read it back in the eighties and had no idea it was part of a trilogy but it was a superb book.
iF you get it I hope you enjoy it as much as me. Brother mike

RonClinton
04-02-2016, 05:14 PM

Yes, the Blue Rose trilogy: KOKO, MYSTERY, and THE THROAT.

bugen
04-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Today I met the lovely and talented Kasey Lansdale as well as his ownself, who was kind enough to sign my trade editions of some of the best damned short story collections available as well as his intro page for Tim Lebbon's limited Last Exit for the Lost. Also met Jason V. Brock and talked to him about his A Darke Phantastique, which is a very nice edition I'll be digging into soon, was able to tell Glen Hirshberg how much I liked "A Dark Carnival" from The Two Sams collection, as well as thank Mr. William F. Nolan for writing Logan's Run.

bugen
04-02-2016, 11:04 PM
God of the Razor is a discarded (to Hell) library book:

bugen
04-02-2016, 11:05 PM

TacomaDiver
04-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Nice haul! I haven't met Lansdale yet but have a ton of stuff signed. He's like Joe Hill where an unsigned book might be worth more. ;)

Speaking of Lansdale - read my first Hap and Leonard book last night. What a fun ride.

Martin
04-02-2016, 11:21 PM
Today I met the lovely and talented Kasey Lansdale as well as his ownself, who was kind enough to sign my trade editions of some of the best damned short story collections available as well as his intro page for Tim Lebbon's limited Last Exit for the Lost. Also met Jason V. Brock and talked to him about his A Darke Phantastique, which is a very nice edition I'll be digging into soon, was able to tell Glen Hirshberg how much I liked "A Dark Carnival" from The Two Sams collection, as well as thank Mr. William F. Nolan for writing Logan's Run.

Way cool!

RonClinton
04-03-2016, 01:01 AM
Bugen: Nice! I almost called Dark Delicacies this morning to order signed copies of the new HCs from Lansdale and Hirshberg, but decided to hold off for now. Sounds like it was a great event, with some unannounced folks (Brock and Nolan).

bugen
04-03-2016, 01:16 AM
Thanks guys! Anybody from the L.A. area heading to Glendale tomorrow for the author signing? There are supposed to be a whole ton of great writers there. I'm probably going and would love to meet some of my CD peeps if anyone's around. If I can track down Mr. Powers I'm getting this signed (mine was unsigned, unnumbered copy). Also a couple of pretty major anthologies.

Mike88
04-03-2016, 05:25 AM
Yes, the Blue Rose trilogy: KOKO, MYSTERY, and THE THROAT.

Thanks Ron. I did read all three and enjoyed them all. Thanks. Mike

bugen
04-04-2016, 12:41 AM
Back from the Los Angeles Vintage Paperback show.

Starting with Kasey Lansdale, who put the show on my radar.

Two separate authors did double-takes when I handed them this one (props to CD).

bugen
04-04-2016, 12:43 AM

David Schow had a friend there who I probably should have recognized, but didn’t, who called this the best horror anthology of the 80’s. I replied that’s a bold statement, but he stood by it and got me quite excited to read it (my TBR pile is… unmanageable, but I’m doing my best). This book was added to the trip as an afterthought but I’m super-glad I brought it.

bugen
04-04-2016, 12:47 AM

Tim Powers was happy to engage on the story and I told him how much I loved what he did with the Romany candle. He wasn’t 100% sure but thought the concept of this communication was his. He also seems to have a thing about signing things upside down.

Lisa Morton was happy to sign this one and called Cody Goodfellow over as well, who added his signature and a doodle.

bugen
04-04-2016, 12:50 AM

This one was already signed by Stephen Jones and Les Edwards but I was able to add a sig from Dennis Etchison. We spoke of Centipede Press and the outstanding career retrospective they recently released for his work in short stories (recommended).

A good trip.

TacomaDiver
04-04-2016, 03:06 AM
All fantastic sigs! Congrats!

mhatchett
04-04-2016, 10:12 AM
Sounds like a great time. I like a lot of dark harvest books!

Martin
04-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Glad you got to attend, sounds like it was a great experience!

RonClinton
04-04-2016, 04:22 PM
I don't know that SILVER SCREAM is *the* best anthology of the '80s, but it's definitely up there...I think you'll really enjoy it.

bugen
04-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Thanks fellas. It ended up being a lot more fun than I was expecting, filled with little things.

At one point I was walking the floor and stopped by a table to examine a modest but well-chosen selection of EP books with authors like Matheson, Hubbard, Kuttner and Burroughs, when I was approached by the exhibitor, a smaller, slightly rotund older gentleman with intelligent, beady eyes, a neatly trimmed white beard and a warm but mischievous smile, sort of a cross between Satan’s little helper and Santa Claus, who started talking about Burroughs. I quickly admitted that I’d been meaning to read Burroughs but hadn’t yet and was becoming more familiar with the writings of Robert E. Howard when he leaned in launched into something like this:

“You know the difference between Howard and Burroughs? Howard was very close to his mother, and when she was sick and dying Howard got a shotgun and blew his brains out. Burroughs was broke and having a hard time with his wife, so he got a pad and pencil and wrote this,” pointing to A Princess of Mars. He leaned back and widened his grin, “I’d go with Burroughs.”

Theli
04-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Outstanding! Sounds like it was a he k of a good time.

mhatchett
04-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Wow,and the Buzzer sounds, neat beard or not, there’s a lot wrong with that statement, beginning with the fact that Howard shot himself with a pistol, not a shotgun. At the age of 30, I might add. Burroughs’s didn’t publish his first book till he was 37 and had failed at just about everything he had turned his hand to, including being a soldier. Those experiences show that Burroughs was certainly a more resilient human being, not a better writer. I think your impish friend has it all wrong. I don’t think Howard neared his potential as a writer, I think Burroughs almost certainly did. I like them both as authors, having discovered them both when I was in Jr high school in the late 60’s early 70’s. My favorite Burroughs’s are the Tarzan Series and a bunch of his stand alones, including Beyond Thirty, later reissued as the Lost Continent, The Outlaw Of Torn and The Rider. Richard Lupoff has written a great Bio-Bibliography Master of Adventure: The Worlds of Edgar Rice Burroughs, 2005 reprint in the Bison Frontiers of Imagination series.
Having said all that, my comments about Howard, well, I just think he was a better, more mature writer than Burroughs. He is, of course, best known as the creator of Conan, Kull and Salomon Kane, but I think he really shines in his historical fiction, Sowers of Thunder, is a particular favorite. His weird fiction is probably best represented in The Black Stranger: And other American Tales, Bison Books 2005. His Western fiction is also very good and some critics have speculated that he was actually moving toward becoming a “Serious” writer of Western/American Historical fiction. The Dark Barbarian: The Writings of Robert E. Howard, a Critical Anthology by Don Herron is a good place to start for writings about Howard. Donald Grant and Zebra press have reissued a number of titles, some pretty affordable.

I enjoy them both, but Howard is my pick. This ends my rant lol!!

bugen
04-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Well, I guess he was just being colorful - a shotgun is hardcore. And I didn't really get the impression Burroughs started and finished A Princess of Mars right away, just that he'd written it when troubled. I haven't read any Burroughs yet but agree with you Howard was a heck of an author, and have read most of his two 'Best of' volumes and some other assorted horror stories. I think my favorite of his main characters is Solomon Kane, but everything's been pretty good.

Thanks for the info!

mhatchett
04-05-2016, 04:19 PM
I think he wrote it while he was clerking for Woolworths. He was capable of really cranking books out fast, some in less then a month. He truly wrote potboilers, in that, at least in the beginning, he needed to make money fast to keep his household together. He really was an interesting guy and became one heck of a literary businessman. Never trust an interesting guy at a convention lol!!

bugen
04-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Never trust an interesting guy at a convention lol!!

'Tis true, never trust a storyteller unless you want a story.

Just received this today from Dark Regions (also Cal Wild #1), part of a stretch goal from their Christmas Horror anthology. It's a 38MB mobi file (ouch)! Looks to have a lot of illustrations which I don't think Kindles handle too well, but there are a bunch of solid authors here. Has anyone read Chiral Mad #1 or #2?

mhatchett
04-05-2016, 10:30 PM
18125PS Something Wicked This Way Comes, arrived today.

mhatchett
04-05-2016, 10:39 PM
My 2 other editions, one from Gauntlet and the other a nice Book Club edition I've had for years. Centipede will putting out an edition at some point in the future.

bugen
04-05-2016, 11:24 PM
18125PS Something Wicked This Way Comes, arrived today.

Awesome! Mr. Chadbourne's art matches the theme of this story perfectly.

Brian861
04-06-2016, 06:48 AM
Looks like a good looking book.

bugen
04-09-2016, 01:54 AM
This was a little pricey for such a short story (novelette) but because I rarely enjoy zombie stories, this one was so amazing and Simmons is The Man I sprung for it. I saw only the limited had the additional art so here you go:

RonClinton
04-09-2016, 03:24 AM
http://s18.postimg.org/oc0mp3jy1/woolrich7_2.jpg

I have the first set of the series as well; this is the second set. I love Woolrich, and I love Centipede's work, so I'm thrilled that the Woolrich estate has chosen Centipede to reprint these beautiful new editions (and new short-story collections). Phenomenal production job as always by CP, and I like that they've added an old-world unique topstain for each portion of the series (this time burgundy, last time blue), so while there is wonderful consistency with size, font, layout, etc. (and I love those unique white images on the spine (brass knuckles, cigarette, claw marks, etc.)), there is also a feature that makes each portion of the series unique and set off from one another. Every time I receive a book by Centipede I'm impressed by the well-conceived quality of their design and clear passion to produce volumes that are immediately apparent as something special and enduring.

TacomaDiver
04-09-2016, 03:57 AM
Color me jealous. I really wanted these even though I've never read anything from Woolrich before. Something told me I wasn't going to be disappointed though.

Fine looking set.

http://s18.postimg.org/oc0mp3jy1/woolrich7_2.jpg

I have the first set of the series as well; this is the second set. I love Woolrich, and I love Centipede's work, so I'm thrilled that the Woolrich estate has chosen Centipede to reprint these beautiful new editions (and new short-story collections). Phenomenal production job as always by CP, and I like that they've added an old-world unique topstain for each portion of the series (this time burgundy, last time blue), so while there is wonderful consistency with size, font, layout, etc. (and I love those unique white images on the spine (brass knuckles, cigarette, claw marks, etc.)), there is also a feature that makes each portion of the series unique and set off from one another. Every time I receive a book by Centipede I'm impressed by the well-conceived quality of their design and clear passion to produce volumes that are immediately apparent as something special and enduring.

RonClinton
04-09-2016, 05:57 AM
It's been a year of sets and Centipede. I think just within the last year -- certainly not much more than, I don't believe -- I've acquired sets from James Herbert (RATS trilogy), Michael McDowell (BLACKWATER saga), Karl Edward Wagner (KANE series), and now this second Woolrich set. Glad Jerad spreads these sets out a bit, as the $$$ certainly adds up, unfortunately.

Brian861
04-09-2016, 08:56 AM
This was a little pricey for such a short story (novelette) but because I rarely enjoy zombie stories, this one was so amazing and Simmons is The Man I sprung for it. I saw only the limited had the additional art so here you go:

Good looking art in that one.

Brian861
04-09-2016, 08:57 AM
It's been a year of sets and Centipede. I think just within the last year -- certainly not much more than, I don't believe -- I've acquired sets from James Herbert (RATS trilogy), Michael McDowell (BLACKWATER saga), Karl Edward Wagner (KANE series), and now this second Woolrich set. Glad Jerad spreads these sets out a bit, as the $$$ certainly adds up, unfortunately.

Nice adds, Ron!.

mhatchett
04-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Mine was waiting for me when I got home as well. Haven't been disappointed by Centipede yet. The mysteries/crime fiction titles are a favorite of mine. Since Ron already kindly posted his pictures, I'll spare y'all my photography lol! Great adds Ron!

slayn666
04-09-2016, 02:12 PM
I'm still waiting for a shipping notice on my Woolrich set.

Theli
04-09-2016, 02:38 PM
It's absolutely beautiful set. I really like the cover art for these editions. Congrats Ron and Mike!

RonClinton
04-09-2016, 06:44 PM
I'm still waiting for a shipping notice on my Woolrich set.

Jerad doesn't send shipping notices -- at least, not in my experience.

RonClinton
04-09-2016, 06:46 PM
The mysteries/crime fiction titles are a favorite of mine.

Mine, too. The Paul Cain collection is, in particular, an impressive volume.

I'm looking forward to the next batch of Jim Thompson titles. :)

Dave1442397
04-10-2016, 12:08 AM
Jerad doesn't send shipping notices -- at least, not in my experience.

I've never gotten one either. If you think you should have had the books by now, you should email Jerad to make sure they're not lost in transit.

slayn666
04-10-2016, 03:03 PM
My set showed up yesterday. I could have sworn I received some sort of notice for the last two orders, but maybe not.

bookworm 1
04-10-2016, 05:59 PM
'Tis true, never trust a storyteller unless you want a story.

Just received this today from Dark Regions (also Cal Wild #1), part of a stretch goal from their Christmas Horror anthology. It's a 38MB mobi file (ouch)! Looks to have a lot of illustrations which I don't think Kindles handle too well, but there are a bunch of solid authors here. Has anyone read Chiral Mad #1 or #2?

I have read both of the other volumes in this series
Loved them. I too got the mobi file for this from that campaign. Looking forward to reading this one

jhanic
04-11-2016, 06:26 PM
My latest:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_Proofs/Crush%20proof_zpsoeqzxhzr.jpg (http://s469.photobucket.com/user/johnhanic/media/Other_Proofs/Crush%20proof_zpsoeqzxhzr.jpg.html)

It contains "Beautiful" by King, which is a three-paragraph non-fiction work regarding his "crush" on Kim Novak.

John

Brian861
04-13-2016, 08:12 AM

Martin
04-13-2016, 02:07 PM

Congratulations! I was able to see him when he was promoting Lisey's Story.

bugen
04-13-2016, 03:44 PM
Very cool, Brian. Hope you have a good time.

Brian861
04-14-2016, 04:19 AM
Congratulations! I was able to see him when he was promoting Lisey's Story.

Thanks, Martin!

Very cool, Brian. Hope you have a good time.

Thanks, Andrew!

bugen
04-22-2016, 10:54 PM
Centipede's new Masters of Science Fiction series begins with Fritz Leiber and James Patrick Kelly, 1400 combined pages of superb fiction and Centipede quality for a total of $90, tough to beat.

Everyone knows Fritz Leiber, but in case folks have missed his short science fiction and would like convincing here's a link to one of my favorite stories from any writer, "Space-Time for Springers." https://www.baen.com/Chapters/9781625791207/9781625791207___2.htm

I couldn't find a free online version of Kelly's story "Think Like a Dinosaur" but it's also a stunner. These will be cover-to-cover reads.

Theli
04-23-2016, 01:25 PM
I just saw the announcement recently they arrived quick! Congrats.

Sock Monkey
04-23-2016, 02:10 PM
I'm not a huge science fiction fan but I've been eyeing this Centiped Press editions. They are at a great price. My only holdout is that the Fritz Leiber Masters of the Weird Tale volume is coming soon (anybody know when? ) and I've thinking about picking that up instead. But, man, for ninety bucks...

Brian861
04-23-2016, 06:21 PM
Not a huge Sci-Fi fan either, but the books look amazing! Congrats, Andrew. They'll look nice all together on your shelves :).

RonClinton
04-24-2016, 12:51 AM
I picked up the Leiber but skipped the Kelly.

bugen
04-24-2016, 04:47 AM
Thanks guys. Here are a handful of pics I took of the interiors. The Kelly volume has a few more pieces than the Leiber, one of which is especially cool.

bugen
04-24-2016, 05:27 AM
I'm not a huge science fiction fan but I've been eyeing this Centiped Press editions. They are at a great price. My only holdout is that the Fritz Leiber Masters of the Weird Tale volume is coming soon (anybody know when? ) and I've thinking about picking that up instead. But, man, for ninety bucks...

Not a huge Sci-Fi fan either, but the books look amazing! Congrats, Andrew. They'll look nice all together on your shelves :).

I hear you, personally my favorite stories are horror, too. Or fantasy with horror elements. Or science fiction with horror elements. Just all speculative fiction (with horror elements).

I've got the TOC for the Leiber Masters of the Weird Tales book and can confirm there's no overlap. In fact when I first saw the list I asked about the omission of "Space-Time for Springers" and was told it would be in the science fiction Masters volume instead. I actually felt that story qualifies as a weird tale when I first read it but didn't find out until later there are 5 Gummitch the kitten stories and I guess the others paint themselves more squarely as science fiction. Well, that and the kitten is super-smart and thinks one day he'll grow up to be a man. I've read that only one other of the 5 are truly great besides Springers and grabbed it but haven't read it yet--I'm savoring the anticipation.

Brian861
04-24-2016, 07:42 AM

Martin
04-24-2016, 04:21 PM

Beautiful!

Brian861
04-25-2016, 06:36 AM
I think so too, Martin. Perfect match so that the book blends right in. I am a little curious as how come a butterfly was chosen for the slipcase spine vs. the bird that is on the DJ.

Dan Hocker
04-25-2016, 04:10 PM
I think so too, Martin. Perfect match so that the book blends right in. I am a little curious as how come a butterfly was chosen for the slipcase spine vs. the bird that is on the DJ.

Easily. We had no idea what the spine of the book looked like when we designed the slipcase.

Brian861
04-26-2016, 06:40 AM
Easily. We had no idea what the spine of the book looked like when we designed the slipcase.

Thanks, Dan!

bugen
05-02-2016, 07:30 PM
"They lacked only the wit to see around the scariest corners inside themselves. Too bad, but that was everything."

Martin
05-02-2016, 08:02 PM
"They lacked only the wit to see around the scariest corners inside themselves. Too bad, but that was everything."

Love that cover art!

Sock Monkey
05-02-2016, 08:32 PM

I picked this up as well from Centipede when they had it on sale for $29. The cover art is just fantastic. I haven't read anything by Tessier before but I do have The Nightwalker in paperback and the S/L of Wicked Things in my TBR pile. Anybody have a suggestion as to which one to start with?

Dave1442397
05-02-2016, 11:04 PM
I picked this up as well from Centipede when they had it on sale for $29. The cover art is just fantastic. I haven't read anything by Tessier before but I do have The Nightwalker in paperback and the S/L of Wicked Things in my TBR pile. Anybody have a suggestion as to which one to start with?

No, as I don't remember those two (if I ever read them), but of all the Tessier books I've read, Harvest Home would be my favorite.

RonClinton
05-03-2016, 05:15 AM
No, as I don't remember those two (if I ever read them), but of all the Tessier books I've read, Harvest Home would be my favorite.

Thomas Tryon is the author of Harvest Home, not Thomas Tessier. He also wrote The Other, among others.

Of the two mentioned before, a The Nightwalker would be my recommendation. It's often cited as Tessier's best work, and I'd be inclined to agree.

Dave1442397
05-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Thomas Tryon is the author of Harvest Home, not Thomas Tessier. He also wrote The Other, among others.

Of the two mentioned before, a The Nightwalker would be my recommendation. It's often cited as Tessier's best work, and I'd be inclined to agree.

You're right, of course...not sure why I got those two authors mixed up.

Plasticine
05-07-2016, 01:08 AM
Beautiful book, bugen. I never read it before, but nearly pulled the trigger when Centipede had it for sale just because of the cover art.

Dave1442397
05-07-2016, 03:45 PM
A few pics of the 'Salem's Lot Gift Edition that arrived this morning.

And a shot of some different editions for scale.

Martin
05-07-2016, 04:26 PM
A few pics of the 'Salem's Lot Gift Edition that arrived this morning.

And a shot of some different editions for scale.

Nice to see that one out in the wild. Still a short wait for me since I only have the AE ordered.

Brian861
05-08-2016, 07:23 AM
Thanks for sharing, Dave. It really is a beautiful book. It's only going to get better from here on out ladies and gents. Outstanding job CD gang!

bugen
05-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Great pics, Dave, thanks for posting them.

Plasticine
05-10-2016, 02:15 AM
Received a large, heavy box from Cemetery Dance today.

http://i.imgur.com/PAUYEEI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bQmoFw6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7JEt25c.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7hAsCmh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XsXwVPB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/khWQAY8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/t5LoCHB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ucje7Wm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/P3sMM2F.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WjinWZ2.jpg

Plasticine
05-10-2016, 02:19 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ojm1FK0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/deM4aSA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Q288njd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qnj1BwW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HUFcvny.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Hij7SJu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1djR0Dn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/N8jEs3m.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Z9Y4RR9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HZizUuc.jpg

This is my long-standing favorite King novel, so the wait has been killer. But it was totally worth it. The edition managed to deliver on my pretty lofty expectations. The artwork is gorgeous and the paper stock is wonderful. Really thick, and heavy. Just amazing production quality. An absolute gorgeous book. I just hope it doesn't take as long to receive The Shining.

Martin
05-10-2016, 04:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ojm1FK0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/deM4aSA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Q288njd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qnj1BwW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HUFcvny.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Hij7SJu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1djR0Dn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/N8jEs3m.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Z9Y4RR9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HZizUuc.jpg

This is my long-standing favorite King novel, so the wait has been killer. But it was totally worth it. The edition managed to deliver on my pretty lofty expectations. The artwork is gorgeous and the paper stock is wonderful. Really thick, and heavy. Just amazing production quality. An absolute gorgeous book. I just hope it doesn't take as long to receive The Shining.

Fantastic! Love the close up photo's of the art.

bugen
05-10-2016, 05:09 AM
Fantastic! Love the close up photo's of the art.

Yep, great photos, as usual!

Mike88
05-10-2016, 06:41 AM
I was going to post my Salem's Lot but Plasticine did such a superb job with the pics. There's no need. Well done Plasticine.
Thanks Mike

Brian861
05-10-2016, 09:27 AM
Very nice!

Plasticine
05-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Thanks, guys.

mhatchett
05-10-2016, 02:23 PM
My first King and the one I keep coming back to.

mhatchett
05-16-2016, 06:17 PM
Really happy to get this one, Leviathan Wakes: Book One of the Expanse James S.A. Corey. Great job by Subterranean press. Wrap around Cover art by Daniel Dociu. Thanks to the folks at Camelot Books!