Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hunter From the Woods (Signed Limited Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hunter From the Woods (Signed Limited Edition)

Author: Robert McCammon
    Artist: Vincent Chong
    Pub. Date: 2011

The Hunter From the Woods
    by Robert McCammon

Dust jacket and interior illustrations by Vincent Chong

Publisher: Subterranean Press
    Publication Date: Fall 2011
    Format: SIGNED LIMITED EDITION!

A Note From The Publisher:
    Subterranean Press is proud to present a series of all new adventures, including several novelettes and novellas, set both pre- and post- Robert McCammon's classic novel, The Wolf's Hour. Our edition of that novel sold out on publication, and we had to turn away orders for over 400 copies. The Wolf's Hour has been steadily climbing in price on the secondary market—we've now seen copies going for over $200. Place your order for The Hunter from the Woods now to lock in a copy.

About the Book:
    The Hunter from the Woods marks the much-anticipated return of Michael Gallatin, the lycanthropic hero of Robert McCammon's 1989 classic, The Wolf's Hour. These all-new, interlinked stories offer a full measure of McCammon's trademark narrative excitement, and comprise a fascinating composite portrait of a unique fictional creation.

The volume opens with a pair of brief glimpses into Michael's early life in Russia and his initial recruitment into the British Secret Service. It ends with a haunting vision of the werewolf at twilight. In between, McCammon gives us three stellar novellas depicting different phases of Michael's long, brutal war against Nazi Germany. “Sea Chase” is a nautical tale about the hazards of transporting a defecting German scientist to a place of sanctuary in England. “The Wolf and the Eagle” is the account of an unlikely friendship between rival “men of action” and a harrowing portrayal of a lethal forced march through the North African desert. “The Room at the Bottom of the Stairs” tells of an impossible, ultimately tragic love affair set in the embattled city of Berlin during the latter stages of the war.

Erotic, visceral, and filled with moments of desolating horror and unexpected warmth, The Hunter from the Woods is a triumph of imaginative storytelling. Like the best of McCammon's earlier work, it offers intelligent, world-class entertainment. In the process, it shines a welcome new light on one of the most uncommon heroes in contemporary fiction.

Limited: 1000 SIGNED and numbered hardcover copies: $75
    Last edited by Dan Hocker; 04-27-2011, 02:50 PM.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

You have to love more McCammon!!!

Comment

Just an FYI for everyone who might not know, there will be a trade edition from Subterranean at some point.

Comment

Like most fans, I am really looking forward to this one!

Brian
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I should really keep track better of the books I ordered.
          I had completely forgotten about this one - which I ordered from Subterranean Press sometime ago.

sk

Comment

Having just re read The Wolf's Hour I can't wait to read more of Michael Gallatin. My order is in.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
              I should really keep track better of the books I ordered.
              I had completely forgotten about this one - which I ordered from Subterranean Press sometime ago.

sk
              Me too. I ordered it twice by mistake

Comment

I happily grabbed one during that last 50% off sale!!!

Comment

Got mine on pre-order! Reading The Five right now. So far I'm not taking to it quite as much as his others, but it's still McCammon which means it's still definitely worth reading. I'm amazing at his productivity. To bang out Mr. Slaughter, The Five, and The Hunter From the Woods so quickly. That takes not just a dedication to the craft, but a love of it.
                  www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Working...
                  X