• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Five

Author: Robert McCammon
    Pub. Date: May 2011

Stephen King says:
    "The Five isn't just Robert McCammon's best novel in years; it's his best novel ever. Terrifying, suspenseful, unputdownable, and full of rock and roll energy. It's also uplifting, a book you'll finish feeling better about your world, your friends, and your music. Here's one you'll beg friends to read."

The Five
    by Robert McCammon

Publisher: Subterranean Press
    Publication Date: May 2011
    Trade Hardcover (Flat Signed By The Author): $26.95
    Deluxe Signed Limited Edition: 274 signed numbered copies, in slipcase, including several color plates not in the trade hardcover ($125)

About the Book:
    Subterranean Press is proud to present Robert McCammon's first contemporary novel in nearly two decades, a tale of the hunt and unlikely survival, of the life and soul, set against a supernatural backbeat.

Robert McCammon, author of the popular Matthew Corbett historical thrillers (Speaks the Nightbird, Mister Slaughter), now gives us something new and completely unexpected: The Five, a contemporary novel as vivid, timely, and compelling as anything he has written to date.

The Five tells the story of an eponymous rock band struggling to survive on the margins of the music business. As they move through the American Southwest on what might be their final tour together, the band members come to the attention of a damaged Iraq war veteran, and their lives are changed forever.

The narrative that follows is a riveting account of violence, terror, and pursuit set against a credible, immensely detailed rock and roll backdrop. It is also a moving meditation on loyalty and friendship, on the nature and importance of families—those we are born into and those we create for ourselves—and on the redemptive power of the creative spirit. Written with wit, elegance, and passionate conviction, The Five lays claim to new imaginative territory, and reaffirms McCammon’s position as one of the finest, most unpredictable storytellers of our time.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

One of the must reads for 2011!!!

Comment

It really does sound like it'll be one of the best books of the year -- I can't wait!

Brian
      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Here's the latest update from Subterranean Press regarding The Five. It's almost here!

Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post
          Here's the latest update from Subterranean Press regarding The Five. It's almost here!

Hunter
          Thanks, Hunter! Can't wait!
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I am in the process of re discovering McCammon's earlier works and so am looking forward to this one. While I have enjoyed his recent books, his return to a contemporary setting sounds excellent. And with added rock n roll!

Comment

Although each new McCammon is an Event (well, to me, at least..) I'm not to enthousiastic -yet- about this book.
              Can't explain why not.
              Maybe it's the cover, or the rock and roll backdrop...

sk

Comment

Got my copy pre-ordered from Sub Press. Sounds like it should be a blast!

Comment

Even though I have a signed trade copy coming from Subterranean, I HAD to order a copy from Amazon.com today because it said IN STOCK!!!!!

Oh, and you have to love $79 for a year of 2 day shipping. I order The Five and 3 minutes later it is In Shipping and will be here Friday!!!
                  Last edited by bsaenz24; 05-18-2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Have to agree with the Amazon Prime thing, even better when you are a college student, get Prime membership for free
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

I am now officially the owner of a copy of The Five!! Yeah baby!!!!

There is just something great about getting a new book you KNOW is going to be great before you even start it!!
                      Last edited by bsaenz24; 05-20-2011, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Great: congratulations!
                        And do let us know if it was as great as you thought it was going to be!

sk

Comment

Hey everyone,

I've just posted a review of The Five on my blog. I hope you'll check it out.

Blu
                          Visit my horror/crime fiction blog October Country.
                          Stalk me on Twitter: @BluGilliand.

Comment

That cover is awesome.
                            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Got mine today, think it'll be 2nd in my tbr pile, following "Bad News"

Comment

Working...
                              X