PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance thread

Pages : [1] 2

Craig Wallwork
06-20-2011, 05:49 PM
For all those who receive an acceptance for their stories or novels, post it in here. Make us all happy. :)

RichardThomas
06-20-2011, 06:03 PM
this is where you can come to share your good news - later when it goes live hit the promotion thread

i have two short story collections that look like they're going to happen, but until i sign the contracts, i can't announce them yet - one leans horror, one leans neo-noir, with two different presses, one out this year and the other out early 2012 - i'm psyched

nothing else has been accepted lately

Nik Houser
06-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Sweet! Well done, Richard.

A couple of weeks ago I had a third story accepted by Gargoyle Magazine called "Under Hindsight's Knife." It's about a girl asked to dissect her arch enemy from high school in a college Gross Anatomy class. Not a horror story, believe it or not.

mlouisdixon
06-20-2011, 07:54 PM
I had a story accepted to Borderlands 6. It's been years and they have not published yet. It was such an honor to be picked by them that I'll wait forever if I have too, but come on! Still... I got accepted by Tom and Elizabeth Monteleone--fricking rocks!!!

MLD

C.W. LaSart
06-20-2011, 07:56 PM
I had a story accepted to Borderlands 6. It's been years and they have not published yet. It was such an honor to be picked by them that I'll wait forever if I have too, but come on! Still... I got accepted by Tom and Elizabeth Monteleone--fricking rocks!!!

MLD

Good collections-worth the wait I'd say!

RichardThomas
06-20-2011, 08:00 PM

MLD

very cool, that would be sweet

Sweet! Well done, Richard.

A couple of weeks ago I had a third story accepted by Gargoyle Magazine called "Under Hindsight's Knife." It's about a girl asked to dissect her arch enemy from high school in a college Gross Anatomy class. Not a horror story, believe it or not.

Awesome. I have a story there right now, I've been talking to Richard Peabody over there, and I hope my story gets in. I'd be thrilled to be in there. Heck, maybe we'll be in the same issue, Nik.

Nik Houser
06-20-2011, 10:03 PM
I've been talking to Richard Peabody over there, and I hope my story gets in. I'd be thrilled to be in there. Heck, maybe we'll be in the same issue, Nik.

That'd be most excellent. Richard's awesome. He gave me my first break with my story "First Kisses from Beyond the Grave."

ozmosis7
06-20-2011, 10:11 PM
I have so many stories up in the air right now, one is bound to land on the positive side, yes? [Crosses fingers] I think you need a certain amount of acceptances within your rejections or the entire world goes off balance.

RichardThomas
06-20-2011, 10:54 PM
just spoke to richard today, nothing confirmed yet, but he'll have an answer to me by week's end, we had a nice chat back and forth, more fingers crossed, (you too oz) - i feel like a pretzel

ozmosis7
06-21-2011, 12:20 AM
Not really an acceptance, but there is something so pleasing about selling a couple of books Amazon, and watching your rating go from 4.5 million to the top 10,000 for a few minutes LOL. Even if it is short-lived I still get all goosed up about it.

RichardThomas
06-21-2011, 02:07 AM
ha...for sure

RJHubbard53
06-26-2011, 11:41 AM
I got accepted as a contributor in the upcoming special edition of Blink Ink's "Special Noir Edition". I wrote a "blink fiction" piece called "John the Baptist"

http://www.blink-ink.com/

It's not much but it's my first ever submission and acceptance by a real editor :)

Ben Staad
06-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Awesome RJ!

ozmosis7
06-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Gratz RJ. Keep at it.

RichardThomas
06-26-2011, 01:29 PM
I got accepted as a contributor in the upcoming special edition of Blink Ink's "Special Noir Edition". I wrote a "blink fiction" piece called "John the Baptist"

It's not much but it's my first ever submission and acceptance by a real editor :)

I saw your name and thought that was you. Congratulations. I'm in here too, and they asked me to write a special introduction for it. Very cool. Glad to be in here with you. A couple other names I recognized too, some friends and peers, can't really talk about it yet, but it looks like a great issue. I'll be in Issue #7 as well, the following issue. Hard to write those little 50-word buggers, yeah?

Craig Wallwork
06-26-2011, 01:39 PM

Too cool, RJ. And you're in great company too. :)

jmcraven
06-26-2011, 03:01 PM

That's awesome- congtas RJ!

RJHubbard53
06-26-2011, 03:23 PM
I saw your name and thought that was you. Congratulations. I'm in here too, and they asked me to write a special introduction for it. Very cool. Glad to be in here with you. A couple other names I recognized too, some friends and peers, can't really talk about it yet, but it looks like a great issue. I'll be in Issue #7 as well, the following issue. Hard to write those little 50-word buggers, yeah?

I figure with only 50 words I don't have as much opportunity to F' it up

mlouisdixon
06-30-2011, 04:57 PM
I had my story The Wings of a Fly over at Dark Discoveries for many months. Back in March I sent a query because they had closed their submissions. I got a quick response telling me that they were just about to get to my story and that Iíd hear from them in the next week or so. I never did.

When this competition came up, I couldnít pass up the opportunity. Turns out Iím going to be published by CD so it was a good call. I sent an email to Dark Discoveries letting them know that since I hadnít heard back from them, I assumed my story was not accepted and I let them know that it has been accepted elsewhere.

I got a reply back immediately. As it turns out, my story was supposed to go to the ďmaybeĒ pile. They really like my writing. (very nice to hear) What happened was that instead of the notification being sent to me, it ended up going to their Administrator email. Basically, it fell through the cracks. The gist of it is that they want me to send something else and it wonít have to go to the bottom of the pile.

Now I gotta put something together over the long weekend. I have an idea that I think will work. I certainly hope that I work well under pressure. This is a first for me.

MLD

TerryE
06-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Good luck with it, MLD. Let us know what happens!

RichardThomas
06-30-2011, 06:57 PM
good news MLD, that's why it's always good to follow up with submissions and editors, things fall through the cracks all the time

Craig Wallwork
06-30-2011, 07:07 PM
I had my story The Wings of a Fly over at Dark Discoveries for many months. Back in March I sent a query because they had closed their submissions. I got a quick response telling me that they were just about to get to my story and that Iíd hear from them in the next week or so. I never did.

When this competition came up, I couldnít pass up the opportunity. Turns out Iím going to be published by CD so it was a good call. I sent an email to Dark Discoveries letting them know that since I hadnít heard back from them, I assumed my story was not accepted and I let them know that it has been accepted elsewhere.

I got a reply back immediately. As it turns out, my story was supposed to go to the ďmaybeĒ pile. They really like my writing. (very nice to hear) What happened was that instead of the notification being sent to me, it ended up going to their Administrator email. Basically, it fell through the cracks. The gist of it is that they want me to send something else and it wonít have to go to the bottom of the pile.

Now I gotta put something together over the long weekend. I have an idea that I think will work. I certainly hope that I work well under pressure. This is a first for me.

MLD

That's great news, MLD! Good luck, and I'm sure, based on Wings, it'll be great. Let us know how it goes. :)

ozmosis7
06-30-2011, 07:53 PM
That's awesome news to have your writing praised by 2 good publishers. Gratz MLD!

Randy D. Rubin
06-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah MLD, way to go! Congratulations and by the way which magazine or E-zine did you edit for? I can't find it in the threads andI know you told us once.

C.W. LaSart
06-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Yeah MLD, way to go! Congratulations and by the way which magazine or E-zine did you edit for? I can't find it in the threads andI know you told us once.

Wasn't it Dark Recesses?

C.W. LaSart
07-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Okay-so this isn't an acceptance for a story, but it is acceptance in the most nerdy way! Jonathan Maberry just read my weekly blog where I posted it in a facebook writer's forum and he said he "Loved it!". This makes me feel giddy! Here's the link if you want to read it. http://www.cwlasart.com/?p=367

the_last_gunslinger
07-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Is it bad if I don't know who Jonathan Maberry is?

ozmosis7
07-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Just got word that my story "Fragments" will be part of the Twisted Library Press anthology Through the Eyes of the Undead II. Very psyched!

Craig Wallwork
07-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Great Ken. And happy for you, Caren! :)

Ben Staad
07-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Just got word that my story "Fragments" will be part of the Twisted Library Press anthology Through the Eyes of the Undead II. Very psyched!

Awesome! Congrats on this.

Randy D. Rubin
07-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Hey, way to go Cee Dub! And congratulations on your story publication OZMO! Excellent. Did anyone see my post about this parasite at The Horror Zine? Some guy stealing ideas and stories has me wondering who's reputable and who's not. Any reassuring feedback for the newby writers of the world?

ozmosis7
07-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Thanks! And Gratz Caren btw if I hadn't said so.

No, where this about Horror Zine? If they are stealing concepts, that can be plagiarism as well, and they should be reported to the HWA and everyone else out there. Stealing a story is without a lawsuit. Do you have links to any of this? Or did it happen to you? What was his name too? Because I am wondering if it is the same guy that has been doing this for a while.

Ben Staad
07-05-2011, 01:21 AM
Thanks! And Gratz Caren btw if I hadn't said so.

No, where this about Horror Zine? If they are stealing concepts, that can be plagiarism as well, and they should be reported to the HWA and everyone else out there. Stealing a story is without a lawsuit. Do you have links to any of this? Or did it happen to you? What was his name too? Because I am wondering if it is the same guy that has been doing this for a while.

On the horror zine website they list a website and a person they allege steal peoples work. At least I think that's what this guy was talking about.

ozmosis7
07-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Ah, okay...found it. Ya that guy has several aliases and has stolen many stories. I know a few people that have had their stories stolen by him. Currently there is a lawsuit being pursued by a group I believe to put an end to it. Hopefully it keeps others from following in his footsteps.

ozmosis7
07-05-2011, 01:35 AM
WOW! Nice to see Koontz is getting involved. I know the guy also took the cover off of an activision game and used as a book cover. I am guessing he won't be happy down the road.

Ben Staad
07-05-2011, 02:00 AM
WOW! Nice to see Koontz is getting involved. I know the guy also took the cover off of an activision game and used as a book cover. I am guessing he won't be happy down the road.

He sounds like a real scumbag! If all that is true I hope and pray he gets what he deserves. Everything is so freaking tough in this industry and having someone do what he does just makes me sick.

C.W. LaSart
07-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Congrats Ken! I tried looking into that Horror Zine thing but I got sidetracked-the story sounds familiar though. It is a scary thing, but I don't think it happens all that often if you stick to reputable sites. Use something like duotrope to help find places to submit.

ozmosis7
07-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks Caren. Ya I don't think it happens too often either. Of all the things I have seen, this guy has been the majority of it. Here is a direct link reposted for those curious about this.

http://www.thehorrorzine.com/Beware/Boyer/DavidBoyerPlagiarist.html

peteOcha
07-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks Caren. Ya I don't think it happens too often either. Of all the things I have seen, this guy has been the majority of it. Here is a direct link reposted for those curious about this.

http://www.thehorrorzine.com/Beware/Boyer/DavidBoyerPlagiarist.html

The guy is such a dumbass! He left the name of the original author in the book, lol. :)

mlouisdixon
07-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Wow, I'm getting behind.
Let's see...
1. Yes it is Dark Recesses magazine that I'm editing. I just got confirmation today from our "spotlight" artist that he's on board. His art will be the cover and we'll be doing an interview and showing a bunch of his work. Love his stuff, but mum's the word for now.
2. Cograts Ken on your acceptance. Way to go! Keep it up.
3. Very cool C.W. It's nice to get that kind of recognition. Maybe you can work that into a blurb someday.
4. This guy who rips off people's work is not typical. I wouldn't worry about putting stuff out there just because someone might rip it off. Just make sure you check out who you're subbing to first.

MLD

JJ Holden
07-06-2011, 03:15 AM
Okay-so this isn't an acceptance for a story, but it is acceptance in the most nerdy way! Jonathan Maberry just read my weekly blog where I posted it in a facebook writer's forum and he said he "Loved it!". This makes me feel giddy! Here's the link if you want to read it. http://www.cwlasart.com/?p=367

In my much lesser capacity, I'll mirror what Maberry said. That was a cool post Caren! :)

C.W. LaSart
07-06-2011, 04:44 AM
In my much lesser capacity, I'll mirror what Maberry said. That was a cool post Caren! :)

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

Randy D. Rubin
07-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Thank you all for easing my mind on this issue. I found this site using duotrope, Cee Dub. I wish we had a way of rating these markets that was somewhat up-to-the-minute so to speak. I really appreciate the reassurances, my friends, MLD, OZMO, PETE, and of course, CEE DUB. Back to the SUB shop to sell me bloody wares...

Craig Wallwork
07-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Recently been solicited to write a story for an upcoming issue of the webzine/.pdf zine Cannoli Pie (http://cannolipie.com/CannoliPieHome.html). It's going to be edited by author Caleb J Ross and will feature the talents of Brandon Tietz, Nik Korpon, Richard Thomas, Mel Bosworth, Chris Deal, Rob Parker!

This only ever happened to be twice before so it's a real confidence boost.

peteOcha
07-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Recently been solicited to write a story for an upcoming issue of the webzine/.pdf zine Cannoli Pie (http://cannolipie.com/CannoliPieHome.html). It's going to be edited by author Caleb J Ross and will feature the talents of Brandon Tietz, Nik Korpon, Richard Thomas, Mel Bosworth, Chris Deal, Rob Parker!

This only ever happened to be twice before so it's a real confidence boost.

Congratulations! Must be nice having someone ask you for a story, and not having to send out submissions.

ozmosis7
07-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Gratz, Craig!

C.W. LaSart
07-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Thank you all for easing my mind on this issue. I found this site using duotrope, Cee Dub. I wish we had a way of rating these markets that was somewhat up-to-the-minute so to speak. I really appreciate the reassurances, my friends, MLD, OZMO, PETE, and of course, CEE DUB. Back to the SUB shop to sell me bloody wares...

Which site? Horror Zine? They were just reporting the guy I think.

Craig Wallwork
07-06-2011, 05:49 PM
thanks guys, and yeah, it would be wonderful to never send out a submission again and just have people ask for stories, but alas, I fear I'm a million years from that point.

ozmosis7
07-07-2011, 12:12 AM
That would be nice, indeed.

Randy D. Rubin
07-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Way cool, Craig. Heartfelt congratulations to you and I hope to be there soon.

C.W. LaSart
07-07-2011, 10:02 PM

He took me for an interview and a flash piece on his new zine-just found out it was him. He hasn't wronged me in any way yet, but I am in contact with the editor at Horror Zine and have requested he remove my pic-interview-and story from his site.

ozmosis7
07-07-2011, 10:30 PM
I am in contact with the editor at Horror Zine and have requested he remove my pic-interview-and story from his site.

I'm confused. I thought this guy plagiarized something from horror zine? Or is he the owner?

In other news, I just received notice I've been shortlisted for an anthology I very much want to be part of.

johnpeters
07-08-2011, 01:41 AM
My story, Patron Saint, won the monthly Spinetinglers Webzine contest for July and has been published there this month, and will appear in the publisher's annual print anthology in 2012. It can be found at http://spinetinglers.co.uk/ViewStories.aspx (you have to go to the drop-down menu to find the stories.)

jmcraven
07-08-2011, 03:37 AM
My story, Patron Saint, won the monthly Spinetinglers Webzine contest for July and has been published there this month, and will appear in the publisher's annual print anthology in 2012. It can be found at http://spinetinglers.co.uk/ViewStories.aspx (you have to go to the drop-down menu to find the stories.)

That's fantastic! Congrats- I look forward to checking this out.

C.W. LaSart
07-08-2011, 03:37 AM
I'm confused. I thought this guy plagiarized something from horror zine? Or is he the owner?

In other news, I just received notice I've been shortlisted for an anthology I very much want to be part of.

Sorry to be vague-This guy has nothing to do with Horror Zine-the editor of Horror Zine is the one who brought it to my attention. Reading that last sentence I wrote, I realize it could be confusing. David Boyer is the one who I requested remove my interview-his is New Voices of Horror or some shit like that. Horror Zine is A-OK!

C.W. LaSart
07-08-2011, 03:38 AM

Awesome! Good Job!

Craig Wallwork
07-08-2011, 05:06 AM

Great! Well done, John.

mlouisdixon
07-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Congratulations JP!

MLD

RichardThomas
07-11-2011, 12:39 AM
nicely done JP, love those guys, just did an eBook with their imprint, Snubnose Press

johnpeters
07-12-2011, 06:18 PM
My story, Patron Saint, won the monthly Spinetinglers contest, which means it is published on the Website now and will be included in an annual anthology published early in 2012. You can check out the story at http://spinetinglers.co.uk/ViewStories.aspx (just go to the "please select category" drop-down menu).

You can check out other publishing credits I have at http://johnpeters2.webs.com/

RichardThomas
07-15-2011, 05:17 AM
My story "Tinkering With the Moon" has been accepted by Gargoyle Magazine, an annual literary print journal. I'm very happy to be in here. Lots of talented people here in the past: T.C. Boyle, Rick Moody, Allen Ginsberg, Ben Marcus, Jennifer Egan and recently, Ethel Rohan and Kim Chinquee. Our own Nik Houser was in here too, not too long ago.

I love this cover
http://www.gargoylemagazine.com/images/logos/gargoyle/images/gargoyle_04.jpg

peteOcha
07-15-2011, 07:24 AM
My story "Tinkering With the Moon" has been accepted by Gargoyle Magazine, an annual literary print journal. I'm very happy to be in here. Lots of talented people here in the past: T.C. Boyle, Rick Moody, Allen Ginsberg, Ben Marcus, Jennifer Egan and recently, Ethel Rohan and Kim Chinquee. Our own Nik Houser was in here too, not too long ago.

I love this cover

Congratulations! And yeah, cool cover!

ozmosis7
07-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Gratz, Richard!

Randy D. Rubin
07-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Yeah, way to go, Partner! Congrats!

mlouisdixon
07-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Congratulations Richard!

RichardThomas
07-15-2011, 02:03 PM
thanks guys - not sure if i'll be in #58 or #59, but i'm happy they took the story

johnpeters
07-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks Richard. I'll definitely check out Snubnose...

C.W. LaSart
07-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Gratz Richard! Woo-Hoo!

RJHubbard53
07-27-2011, 11:41 AM
My story "Forest Through the Trees" was accepted by Weirdyear. . . I looked on Duotrope and saw they have a 92% acceptance rate so kinda took my excitement away :)

ozmosis7
07-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Gratz anyway.

Craig Wallwork
07-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Congrats RJ

One for me too;

Hello Craig,

Thanks so much for your submission. I thoroughly enjoyed "The Libby Syndrome" and would like to publish it in an upcoming issue of Bourbon Penn either later this year or the beginning of next.

I've attached a publishing agreement for your review. You can either mail a copy back to me or simply sign, scan, and email it -- whichever works best. And just let me know if you have any questions or would like clarification about any part of the agreement.

I'm really looking forward to working with you and featuring your story.

Take care,
Erik Secker

A paying gig, too. Sweet.

ozmosis7
07-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Gratz Craig.

ozmosis7
07-27-2011, 06:04 PM
I was just recently accepted in TLP's Through the Eyes of the Undead 2. Thought I posted it here, but must not have taken.

C.W. LaSart
07-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Congrats to both Craig and Oz! You gentlemen rock out loud!

Randy D. Rubin
07-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Way to go guys! Always happy when one of the fold gets through the door. Yay!!!!

Craig Wallwork
07-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Thanks, guys. :)

ozmosis7
07-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks, as well.

Craig Wallwork
07-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi Craig,

Dark Recesses would like to publish your story 13 in our final issue (which is issue 13). If you accept, I’ll get the contract sent over as soon as I can.

Thanks,

MLD

Thanks to MLD, and special thanks to Dan and the team for putting on this contest, and Richard Thomas for pushing me into submitting. Without either, 13 would have never had the courage to venture toward Dark Recesses.

To all those that didn't win the CD contest, this goes to prove this isn't an end, but only a fork in the road.

ozmosis7
07-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Gratz!

Kenwood
08-02-2011, 01:26 AM
My story "A Deeper Kind of Cold" was accepted into Epitaphs, an anthology being put together by the NEHW (New England Horror Writers). It's being published by Shroud Publications and, as of right now, is scheduled to be released at Anthocon in November.

RichardThomas
08-02-2011, 01:53 AM
awesome, kenwood, sounds great

ozmosis7
08-02-2011, 02:21 AM
Gratz! Shroud is another awesome publication.

Randy D. Rubin
08-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Awesome, and congrats on your latest success.

Craig Wallwork
08-03-2011, 06:52 PM
A sort of acceptance and promotion combined - If you like Etgar Keret, then you may like my short story, Mr. Wadsworth and the Flea Circus, which is now over at Thunderdome to help promote the wonderful anthology, Warmed & Bound that features the authors, Craig Clevenger, Stephen Graham Jones, Brian Evenson, Bradley Sands, Matt Bell, Craig Davidson, Blake Butler and Kyle Minor to name a few... oh yeah, and I'm in that too.

http://www.thundadome.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=120:mr-wadsworth-and-the-flea-circus&Itemid=56

WesleySouthard
08-03-2011, 10:45 PM
I recently had my flash story "He Loves Me Not" accepted into the Indiana Science Fiction 2011 anthology. I wouldn't really consider the story "sci-fi" per se, but the editor liked it, and I guess that's all that matters, right?

ozmosis7
08-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Gratz, Wesley! And Craig. Just found out I have a story going into the Dead Souls anthology by Post Mortem Press.

Randy D. Rubin
08-05-2011, 08:02 AM
Yeah Baby! Congrats to all three-- Craig, Wesley and Ozmo for getting them out there. Well done fellow writers. Sirrah!

Nik Houser
08-05-2011, 05:00 PM

I love this cover

DUDE! Congratulations! Here's hoping we're in the same volume together.

Nik Houser
08-05-2011, 05:08 PM
FUCK YEAH! I disappear for a little while for deadlines/job/moving and I come back to page after page of acceptances! Congratulations to all! Richard, RJ, Craig, OZ, Wesley, Kenwood. Damn, am I forgetting anybody?

I had an acceptance for an anthology being put together by Mike over at Thunderdome (that was one of the deadlines I had to make). Each story is inspired by a picture he took around LA, and the authors had (naturally) exactly 1,000 words to make something out of it. The picture I chose was a trashcan full of megaphones.

Nik Houser
08-05-2011, 05:10 PM
A sort of acceptance and promotion combined - If you like Etgar Keret, then you may like my short story, Mr. Wadsworth and the Flea Circus, which is now over at Thunderdome to help promote the wonderful anthology, Warmed & Bound that features the authors, Craig Clevenger, Stephen Graham Jones, Brian Evenson, Bradley Sands, Matt Bell, Craig Davidson, Blake Butler and Kyle Minor to name a few... oh yeah, and I'm in that too.

http://www.thundadome.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=120:mr-wadsworth-and-the-flea-circus&Itemid=56

Will definitely check that out, Craig. If you've got a few minutes, please check out mine. It's quite short and (hopefully) funny:

http://www.thundadome.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=43:shelf-life&Itemid=67

Craig Wallwork
08-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Cool, Nik. Looks like we'll be in the same anthology Mike is producing. Mine is about that Bordello at Venice Beach. Really looking forward to that anthology. Some great names in there.

Now, off to read your story. :)

Craig Wallwork
08-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Barbed and pink?! OMG that must have hurt, hahahaha.

Nice story, Nik. Reminds me of one i wrote about a woman who buys a dildo shaped into a shark, and well, she gets it stuck. Sort of leads to a punchline, too.

Hope you like Mr Wadworth.

And Wesley and Oz - very cool news!

Nik Houser
08-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Loved your story Craig. Very sweetly done. The combination of the fantastic with a little honey in the narrative always has a pleasantly beguiling effect. One of the reasons Gaiman is so successful, I think.

Nik Houser
08-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Oh, and thanks for checking out my story. :)

RichardThomas
08-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Just got the copy of Weird Tales with your story in it, Nik. Look forward to reading it. Congrats too, one hell of a cool place.

ozmosis7
08-23-2011, 09:50 PM
I sent a story into this one quit e a while back. I really liked the theme more than anything. Anyway, my story "Ahote's Spirit" was accepted into the Knightwatch Press anthology Ultimate Angels.

Ben Staad
08-24-2011, 12:58 AM
I sent a story into this one quit e a while back. I really liked the theme more than anything. Anyway, my story "Ahote's Spirit" was accepted into the Knightwatch Press anthology Ultimate Angels.

Woot! Woot! Congratulations on the acceptance.

peteOcha
08-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Congrats Ken!

ozmosis7
08-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks! This one wasn't a paying gig, but I couldn't resist the warrior angel theme. It seemed rather unique.

Randy D. Rubin
08-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Way to go Ozmo! Well done.

Ben Staad
08-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks! This one wasn't a paying gig, but I couldn't resist the warrior angel theme. It seemed rather unique.

Who needs money....right? LOL and J/K

ozmosis7
08-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Lol

C.W. LaSart
08-28-2011, 04:52 AM
I just got my acceptance into the HWA! :D

Ben Staad
08-28-2011, 12:17 PM
I just got my acceptance into the HWA! :D

Hooray! Big congrats to you.

C.W. LaSart
08-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Thanks!

Ben Staad
08-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks!

So now you are officially in the "in" crowd!...Do you get a jacket? LOL and I am certainly just kidding. It's a great accomplishment.

Nik Houser
08-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Just got the copy of Weird Tales with your story in it, Nik. Look forward to reading it. Congrats too, one hell of a cool place.

Sorry for the delay. Just read this note. Thrilled you're gonna read the story, Richard. Please lemme know what you think, if you've got some time. That doesn't mean why you like it, necessarily. ANY notes are constructive and welcome. Thanks!

Nik Houser
08-28-2011, 09:17 PM
My short story "Misfortune Cookie" starring my retro father-daughter detective team Dr. Needle and Miss Haystack, whom I hope will have further adventures, made it into e-book anthology Strange Case Files from Divertir Press. This one's weird and longish and it's needed a home for a while. So...hooray!

C.W. LaSart
08-29-2011, 03:40 AM
So now you are officially in the "in" crowd!...Do you get a jacket? LOL and I am certainly just kidding. It's a great accomplishment. Oh! How cool would that be?! LOL-I'm just glad to have gotten the official button for my website. I promptly put it on nearly every page like a big dork :)

ozmosis7
08-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks to a tip from Caren, I made it through as well.

Gratz Caren, and also Gratz to Nik!

Ben Staad
08-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Oh! How cool would that be?! LOL-I'm just glad to have gotten the official button for my website. I promptly put it on nearly every page like a big dork :)

That doesn't sound dorky at all...LOL

P.S. BTW I'm just jealous :)

C.W. LaSart
08-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks ;)

Craig Wallwork
08-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Too many congrats have been missed. Sorry. Ken, C.W and Nik. Well done. Really happy for you all.

Nik Houser
08-31-2011, 12:09 AM
Thanks Craig! Hey, what'd you put for your bio for the Thundadome anthology, since it was supposed to be brief and quirky? I just put "Nik Houser is here if you need him." Along with the pic I use here in the forum.

RichardThomas
08-31-2011, 01:51 AM
Nik, you're in the Thunderdome anthology too? How awesome, our first publication together. Sweet. Didn't know.

Nik Houser
08-31-2011, 06:32 AM
Wait, so me you, me, and Craig are all in it? FUCK YEAH. Just found your story on the site. Will read it post haste.

RichardThomas
08-31-2011, 01:48 PM
Oh yeah, Nik. Michael is part of our writing group, Write Club, Craig is too. I have two very short stories at the Thunderdome, the most recent one, "Death Knell" is a companion piece to my story "Say Yes to Pleasure" that was in the Warmed and Bound (http://www.amazon.com/Warmed-Bound-Anthology-Pela-Via/dp/1613641621) anthology (Craig is in there with me too, as well as some names you may recognize: Paul Tremblay, Brian Evenson, Stephen Graham Jones, and many more).

Craig Wallwork
08-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks Craig! Hey, what'd you put for your bio for the Thundadome anthology, since it was supposed to be brief and quirky? I just put "Nik Houser is here if you need him." Along with the pic I use here in the forum.

Tried to tie it in with the California theme:

As the crow flies it’s 5456 miles from where Craig lives in England to California. The carbon footprint left behind if he travelled that distance would be 1964.16 kg of CO2. To help save the world he’s going to stay home and write more stories.

And yeah, glad we get to be published together too, Nik.

Randy D. Rubin
09-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Heartfelt congratulations to all of you, on your successes. Well done, friends-- Nik, Craig, Richard, Caren (Cee Dub), Ozmo, (have I missed anyone?) I hope not; pats on the back to you all!

Craig Wallwork
09-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks, Randy. :)

C.W. LaSart
09-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Sheesh! We need to start a new thread strictly for a list of books that everyone is published in-no comments! Then I can just go down the list and order :) Having trouble keeping track of my "to read" list! Help me out here boys!

Nik Houser
09-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Oh yeah, Nik. Michael is part of our writing group, Write Club, Craig is too. I have two very short stories at the Thunderdome, the most recent one, "Death Knell" is a companion piece to my story "Say Yes to Pleasure" that was in the Warmed and Bound (http://www.amazon.com/Warmed-Bound-Anthology-Pela-Via/dp/1613641621) anthology (Craig is in there with me too, as well as some names you may recognize: Paul Tremblay, Brian Evenson, Stephen Graham Jones, and many more).

Shit man, small fiction word. Very excellent to be in such good company.

Also, Craig, that's hilarious. Strangely, I didn't know the antho had to be about LA, so mine's going to stick out like a soar thumb. Mike been cool about it though. My story does take place on a coast, and we should be able to tie it in somehow.

Craig Wallwork
09-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Sheesh! We need to start a new thread strictly for a list of books that everyone is published in-no comments! Then I can just go down the list and order :) Having trouble keeping track of my "to read" list! Help me out here boys!

You'll find all mine at my blog: www.craigwallwork.blogspot.com Word of warning, stay away from the likes of Anal Twine, Red Fez and Pancakes, The Whore that Broke and the Camel's Back, Nazareth House or Flaps. I fear the nice image you may have of me will be torn apart after reading those. :D

and Nik, look forward to reading your story. Yes, publishing sometimes can be a very incestious business.

C.W. LaSart
09-05-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm totally reading Anal Twine!!!! I don't care-if any of you actually read Ad Nauseam, you may never speak to me again :) So I won't hold your perversity against you Craig!

Craig Wallwork
09-05-2011, 04:58 PM
So I won't hold your perversity against you Craig!

Woah! Flash back to my wedding day!

C.W. LaSart
09-06-2011, 02:02 AM
Woah! Flash back to my wedding day!
Oh Lord-I about spit my coffee all over the keyboard! You Sir, are a real gem. I am so glad to have made your aquaintance!

mlouisdixon
09-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi Everyone. I do not have any acceptances or rejections to report. I've been working during all of my spare time on the final issue of Dark Recesses and my own fiction.
I do want to send out a healthy heaping spoonful of congratulations to all of you getting acceptances. Keep it up. Keep at it. Keep 'em coming.

MLD

RJHubbard53
09-17-2011, 09:57 PM
i've been discouraged with my first round of submissions due to the length of time it takes to get a response and a couple rejections. Today, I woke to a surprise - acceptance of my story "Through Sickness and In Health" by Post Mortem Press for their New Dawn Fades anthology! A few of you were kind enough to edit this story for me (nik, terry, andrew). Funny, I just held this up to peer review at my local writing group and they all hated it.

This is my first anthology acceptance so really a boost to my ego . . . beginning to feel as if I truly am a writer :)

RichardThomas
09-18-2011, 12:24 AM
congrats, that's awesome

Ben Staad
09-18-2011, 02:12 AM
Congrats on the antho! That is just great news.

ozmosis7
09-18-2011, 03:09 AM
Gratz RJ!

C.W. LaSart
09-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Congrats!

Nik Houser
09-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Fuck yeah, RJ!!!

Nik Houser
09-18-2011, 10:36 PM
I've got a micro thing on www.machineofdeath.net

Just scroll down to the Fanfic Flash Fic Winners section on the home page. It's Machine of Death flash fiction told in various commercial properties. My story's called IMPALED BY HUNGRY TONGUE. All the stories are exactly 55 words. There are some great ones.

TerryE
09-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Wow! Congrats RJ. So maybe I should just go into editing.

Craig Wallwork
09-19-2011, 06:29 PM
i've been discouraged with my first round of submissions due to the length of time it takes to get a response and a couple rejections. Today, I woke to a surprise - acceptance of my story "Through Sickness and In Health" by Post Mortem Press for their New Dawn Fades anthology! A few of you were kind enough to edit this story for me (nik, terry, andrew). Funny, I just held this up to peer review at my local writing group and they all hated it.

This is my first anthology acceptance so really a boost to my ego . . . beginning to feel as if I truly am a writer :)

GREAT! so happy for you, RJ. Just goes to show, what do peers know?

Nik, fine news too. Congrats.

peteOcha
09-30-2011, 02:07 PM

Well done RJ!! That's awesome!

RichardThomas
10-13-2011, 09:31 PM
RUDY JENKINS HAS A HOME.

I'm thrilled that my problem child "Rudy Jenkins Buries His Fears" (which was entered in the recent contest here) was accepted for an anthology with Jack Ketchum, Graham Masterson, Jeremy C Shipp, and many more talented authors. More details to come.

"This Flash Fiction Collection will launch at the 2012 World Horror Convention/Bram Stoker Awards in Salt Lake City. It will premier and be available at the convention. It will be available to the general public in early April 2012."

johnpeters
10-13-2011, 11:05 PM
I have a piece, A Mother's Love, which will be published in the upcoming anthology Night Terrors II, by Blood Bound Books.

Craig Wallwork
10-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Great news, John!

Ben Staad
10-16-2011, 12:58 AM
RUDY JENKINS HAS A HOME.

I'm thrilled that my problem child "Rudy Jenkins Buries His Fears" (which was entered in the recent contest here) was accepted for an anthology with Jack Ketchum, Graham Masterson, Jeremy C Shipp, and many more talented authors. More details to come.

"This Flash Fiction Collection will launch at the 2012 World Horror Convention/Bram Stoker Awards in Salt Lake City. It will premier and be available at the convention. It will be available to the general public in early April 2012."

I have a piece, A Mother's Love, which will be published in the upcoming anthology Night Terrors II, by Blood Bound Books.

I missed these...Congrats to you both!

ozmosis7
10-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Gratz John and Richard.

Randy D. Rubin
02-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Jeeminee, this thread needs to be dusted off or sent to the dry cleaners. October sixteenth of last year, Dan my man, do see what I mean about some of these dinosaurs?

ozmosis7
02-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Hmm..I forgot we had an acceptance thread. Maybe now we will put it to good use. We just need more frequent acceptances to keep it alive.

Randy D. Rubin
02-13-2012, 03:12 PM
... and let us all say, AMEN!

Randy D. Rubin
02-27-2012, 12:11 PM
I finally got my foot in the door everyone! My first acceptance came in from Wicked East Press! I'm going to be published in an anthology called Chained In The Attic. I'm over the moon!!!!

TerryE
02-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Way to go Randy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy D. Rubin
02-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Thank you so much. Yeeeehawwww!

Ben Staad
02-27-2012, 03:11 PM
I finally got my foot in the door everyone! My first acceptance came in from Wicked East Press! I'm going to be published in an anthology called Chained In The Attic. I'm over the moon!!!!

Holy smokes! Huge congrats to you.

ozmosis7
02-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Hmm...thought I said Gratz to this, but here we go again just in case. Gratz, Randy.

mlouisdixon
02-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Hey Randy! Yeee Hawww! I think that’s what they say down here in Texas. Congratulations on your acceptance.

MLD

mlouisdixon
02-27-2012, 07:16 PM
I have a kinda-sorta-acceptance to post.
About 6 years ago, I had a short story accepted to Borderlands 6. They ended up scrapping everything so it never came about.
When they opened up for submissions last year I asked if it was still on their list and they told me that I had to submit again.
And I was like "damn!", but I never said that. I just submitted with a pleasant "I hope you still like it."
I just got an email from Borderlands Press that said "We still like it."
I think that's an acceptance.

MLD

Randy D. Rubin
02-27-2012, 07:28 PM
That's fantastic MLOUIS (by the way, what's the Louis stand for again?) Sorry, I mean what's the M short for? Equal congratulations are in order for your perseverence and hard work. I love it when friends like you and Ricky T(Richard Thomas)and Ozmo and Nik and Cee Dub and Craig and the list goes on ad infinitum can get something published and we all share in the joy of the process. I'm as happy for you and Richard as I am for me damnable ol' self, there lad. That, my friend, is a definite acceptance, no doubt about it. Celebrate!

ozmosis7
02-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Gratz, MLD. That's a good one to be in.

Ben Staad
02-27-2012, 09:22 PM
I have a kinda-sorta-acceptance to post.
About 6 years ago, I had a short story accepted to Borderlands 6. They ended up scrapping everything so it never came about.
When they opened up for submissions last year I asked if it was still on their list and they told me that I had to submit again.
And I was like "damn!", but I never said that. I just submitted with a pleasant "I hope you still like it."
I just got an email from Borderlands Press that said "We still like it."
I think that's an acceptance.

MLD

That is wonderful!

C.W. LaSart
02-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Awesome MLD! I thought that one closed awhile ago, but I see it still looks open. Might have to try for it :) That's a heavy-hitter of an acceptance! Congrats.

TerryE
02-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Awesome MLD! I thought that one closed awhile ago, but I see it still looks open. Might have to try for it :) That's a heavy-hitter of an acceptance! Congrats.

Yeah, I thought they were closing that last October. I'll have to try to clean up one that I've had trouble with for a while for this.

C.W. LaSart
02-28-2012, 10:06 PM
I was wrong. It now says closed for submissions again.

Robert Fulman
03-02-2012, 08:06 PM
I made it past the first round of Amazon's Breakthrough Novel Award (Young Adult Edition). It's not really an acceptance, but it was nice that someone read my pitch and didn't say, "Well that sounds completely stupid."

Randy D. Rubin
03-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Has anyone got one for that Abbatoir Press submission call? They're looking for novellas.

C.W. LaSart
03-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Congrats Robert! No Randy, I don't have any novella length stories.

ozmosis7
03-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Gratz, Robert!

Randy D. Rubin
03-03-2012, 07:52 AM
Yeah Robert. Way to go, welcome and congratulations are in order. Hi Ozmo. Hi Cee Dub! I wonder where Richard and Nik and Craig have gotten off to lately?

C.W. LaSart
03-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Good question. I haven't heard from Craig in weeks :( Shall we jaunt to England?

Randy D. Rubin
03-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Indubitably my dear. It would be a journey most inexplicably efficacious. Pip. Pip. Cheerio. Ay Wot?

C.W. LaSart
03-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Found Craig. He is alive. Ditto on Richard :)

Randy D. Rubin
03-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Good to know. Send them all my best. Now back to my Zombie Desert Western story called Desert Walker Dead. Adieu!

Craig Wallwork
03-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Hi guys. Dropped off the radar for a while. Nothing exciting has happened. Caren found me in a sleezy strip-joint called, The Labia-rinth. I was knocking back Old Fashions with a Minotaur and talking about the old days. Would have remained in there for eternity if Caren hadn't turned up and guided me out of the maze of Greek Goddesses using G-Strings to retrace her exit.

So...for all those I've missed, CONGRATS!

Randy D. Rubin
03-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Welcome back, brother Craig. Good to see you're still alive.

Craig Wallwork
03-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Oh yes, I should add something here, right?

Hi Craig,

Thank you kindly for sending me "Dollhouse." I truly enjoyed the tale, and I would love for it to be a part of Attic Toys. I'll send you a contract shortly.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Jeremy :)

That's for the Jeremy C Shipp's edited anthology, Attic Toys, which features some pretty big names.

Also, and this may have been whoed already by Caren, but Dark River Press's first edition features by story, Night Holds a Scythe, which is FREE to download and read. http://www.darkriverpress.com/shop.html

Craig Wallwork
03-06-2012, 03:51 PM

thanks, Randy. And congrats on the above!

Randy D. Rubin
03-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Thank you Craig. And congrats back at you for your acceptances. Well done.

RichardThomas
03-06-2012, 06:57 PM
I know I've talked about a few things lately, but I have stories coming out in the next few weeks/months at Polluto ("Fireflies"), Slices of Flesh (Dark Moon Books, "Rudy Jenkins Buries His Fears") Weird Fiction Review (Centipede Press, "Flowers for Jessica"), Gargoyle ("Tinkering With the Moon"), Flywheel ("Something's Broken"), and One Buck Horror ("Wicker Park Pause").

Also, keep an eye out for two short story collections in 2012, Staring Into the Abyss, horror from Kraken Press and Herniated Roots, neo-noir, from Snubnose Press.

Will also have an announcement about my second novel soon, in the next month or so.

C.W. LaSart
03-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Thanks for not mentioning what I had to do to distract the Minotaur, Craig. I'm still scarred....

Randy D. Rubin
03-06-2012, 11:44 PM
I hear they can be horny little bullshit artists, those dastardly Minotaurs.

C.W. LaSart
03-06-2012, 11:56 PM
You have no idea :(

Randy D. Rubin
03-06-2012, 11:59 PM
All right, there twisted sister, why the frowny face this evening?

C.W. LaSart
03-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Just joking about the minotaur ;)

Randy D. Rubin
03-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Roger that and Ten-four on that there minotaur, C.harlie W.hiskey, come back, breaker breaker...

C.W. LaSart
03-07-2012, 04:49 PM
You're goofy :)

Randy D. Rubin
03-07-2012, 05:09 PM
So I've been told, me lovely, so I've been told.

C.W. LaSart
03-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Just sold a story almost by accident :) A fellow HWA member mentioned a friend looking for erotic horror, so I thought What the hell, and re-wrote one of the stories cut from Ad Nauseam. They loved it and I am just waiting on the contract. What a weird week :)

srboone
03-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Congratulations, Caren! (I feel like a chimney sweep--just handing out good luck left and right!)

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4901249679950317&id=ad85b1ff28607f659d8ee3fde0910025

C.W. LaSart
03-25-2012, 10:17 PM
LOL! Thanks, Squire ;)

Randy D. Rubin
03-26-2012, 07:54 AM
Way to go Cee Dub. Congratulations on your latest sale.

Ben Staad
03-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Just sold a story almost by accident :) A fellow HWA member mentioned a friend looking for erotic horror, so I thought What the hell, and re-wrote one of the stories cut from Ad Nauseam. They loved it and I am just waiting on the contract. What a weird week :)

Congrats!

C.W. LaSart
03-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Thank you much! Leaving for SLC tomorrow for the World Horror Convention, and I will be off the grid until Monday night! You all have fun and behave while I'm gone!!! XOXOXO!

Randy D. Rubin
03-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Have fun!

TerryE
03-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Have fun at the convention, Caren. Make some great new contacts, and say hi for all of us.

RichardThomas
03-31-2012, 12:47 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/8854/photo-full.jpg?1288678111

It's official. I'm one of six authors (and six visual artists) to be selected by Flying House. I pair up with a painter, as it turns out, and we create a collaborative piece. We'll have a release party, gallery showing and reading all in one later this year. And then there will be a nicely produced coffee table book produced, as well. Check out the website for more details. I'm honored to be a part of this excellent Chicago non-profit. Should be a lot of fun. More info to come.

http://ourflyinghouse.com/

bookworm 1
03-31-2012, 07:40 PM
Sounds like quite the undertaking good luck.

bookworm 1
03-31-2012, 07:41 PM
Super news looking forward to reading it.

Craig Wallwork
04-01-2012, 05:25 PM

You naughty little minx. Congrats to your perverted little twisted mind. :)

bookworm 1
04-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Hay C.W.'s mind is not little:o
You naughty little minx. Congrats to your perverted little twisted mind. :)

peteOcha
04-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Congratulations to all! And have fun at the convention CW! :)

C.W. LaSart
04-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Haha! Minx is my middle name Craig! Thanks guys-it was a blast and I will be blogging about it over the next few weeks, as well as posting the video of my reading. The experience and contacts made, surpassed my expectations. AND congrats Richard! That's awesome. I look forward to the book.

srboone
04-03-2012, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=C.W. LaSart;28163]...I will be blogging about it over the next few weeks, as well as posting the video of my reading...QUOTE]

Glad to hear it, Caren and can't wait to read about it (and see the video!):D

C.W. LaSart
04-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Got the book as well, Squire! Back in the mail to you tomorrow :)

C.W. LaSart
04-04-2012, 03:02 PM
My first blog post about the WHC 2012: Jow McKinney Drank my vodka! http://www.cwlasart.com/?p=1199

srboone
04-04-2012, 08:02 PM
My first blog post about the WHC 2012: Jow McKinney Drank my vodka! http://www.cwlasart.com/?p=1199

Terrific, Caren! Looking forward to more in the coming weeks!

C.W. LaSart
04-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Did you see that Joe McKinney and Jeff Strand both commented? I feel like a rock star :)

srboone
04-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Not initially, went back read them. You made Jeff jealous! You rock!

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4530117271159122&id=160a6ec0b5e02350b4d2d9de010091ff

C.W. LaSart
04-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Jeff is an awesome guy too :) It was amazing!

bookworm 1
04-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Yea Jeff Strand is twisted.Very good writer.Congrats on all the recent success.

mlouisdixon
04-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi Everyone,

Congrats on the successes. Keep up the good work.
I wish I could have made it to WHC this year. I'm in between jobs, but doing contract work, which basically means I'm not broke yet but can't spare any time. I hope to make next year's con. It would have been nice to meet you CW.
Now if I could only make a sale so that I could post something here.

MLD

C.W. LaSart
04-11-2012, 05:43 PM
I hope to meet you someday too, MLD. Keep your chin up!

Ben Staad
04-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Jeff is an awesome guy too :) It was amazing!

Yes he is! I meet him and his wife last year and they are fantastic folk.

C.W. LaSart
04-12-2012, 03:48 PM
I had the priviledge of attending the Stoker Awards which he MC'd again this year and let me tell you, he's crazy funny. Then I spoke briefly to him at the after party. Very cool guy.

RichardThomas
04-23-2012, 04:24 PM
http://www.writersdigest.com/wp-content/uploads/Screen-shot-2012-03-13-at-11.55.02-AM.png
www.talcottnotch.net/

Well, it's official. I have an agent. I have signed with Paula Munier at Talcott Notch Literary Agency and we will be shopping my second novel, the neo-noir, transgressive thriller, Disintegration. Paula has over twenty years of experience in the industry, and I'm thrilled to be working with her. She gets my work, is excited about it, and together we're going to sell this book to the best press we can find. Wish me luck! And thanks for all of your support.

C.W. LaSart
04-23-2012, 04:56 PM
WOW Richard! An agent?!! That's fricken awesome. Congrats, congrats, a million times congrats! :)

TerryE
04-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Way to go, Richard!! Best of luck to you.

RichardThomas
04-23-2012, 05:06 PM
thanks, guys. i'm excited. a couple presses are already interested in Disintegration, but we're going to aim for the big boys, see what we can make happen. i just want it to be with a press that gets it, loves it and wants to push it out into the world so that people who dig my kind of writing can enjoy it, have a wild ride, and bring a little excitement into their lives. not asking for too much, yeah?

peteOcha
04-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Awesome! Good luck and keep us posted!!

frik51
04-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Congratulations, Richard! And all the best of luck!

sk

C.W. LaSart
04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
If you're going to pay an agent, you BETTER go big press! I'm so excited for you! I'm not even considering looking for an agent until after I get that first novel out through small press, you are so far ahead of me. Haha! Best of luck to you my friend.

RichardThomas
04-23-2012, 06:16 PM
thanks, guys. yeah, definitely go big or go home. but there are some great presses that aren't HUGE, like ChiZine, Underland Press, i tried CD, but they were so backed up it would be waiting until 2016 or something crazy if they even liked it. Mulholland Books is cool, as is Prime. But there are some great imprints under the big six that we'll probably hit up first. good to have a lot of options. and yeah, i'm a little older, CWL, 43, so i don't have time to screw around. :-)

C.W. LaSart
04-23-2012, 06:26 PM
43?!!!! Why you're ancient ;) Naw, Richard. You're only 8 years older than me. And it sounds like you're on the right track! I bet you'll land a great one.

srboone
04-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Good luck RIchard! Let us know how it goes!

RichardThomas
04-23-2012, 07:29 PM
well, eight years is a lot of writing! i've only been writing about 5 years, myself. nothing like mortality to motivate you. and thanks, boone.

Randy D. Rubin
04-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Hearty congratulations Richard. Wonderful news. I'm happy for you, Cool Daddy! Aim for the stars, man.

RichardThomas
04-23-2012, 07:56 PM
thanks, randy!

Randy D. Rubin
04-23-2012, 08:09 PM
By the way, Richard. Your agent looks a lot like that comedian, Brett Butler or this other actress whose name escapes me.

RichardThomas
04-23-2012, 09:16 PM
brett butler, that sounds about right. i'm picturing a bit of May West, too.

Randy D. Rubin
05-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Okay folks, its time to dust off the thread. I just got my novelette accepted for publication. It is tentatively scheduled for October release. It is that love story I wrote a few months back called, "The Legend of Miss Viola" and I guess it will be one of those E-Books everyone is talking about. I know very little about them other than you have to buy a tablet of some kind to read these things, but are they all compatible? Can they all download from Amazon? Are Nooks better than Crannies? Are Ipads, Kindles Nooks all able to store an entire library of books, or will I have to delete some to get newer books. What's the highest rated and can they be made into large print for us half-blind authors who have to (and enjoy) hardback books because the paperbacks print is too small to see.

RichardThomas
05-16-2012, 04:33 PM
very cool, randy. congrats. with who? don't say Living Dead Press or Open Casket Press, PLEASE! :-)

TerryE
05-16-2012, 05:35 PM
I guess it will be one of those E-Books everyone is talking about. I know very little about them other than you have to buy a tablet of some kind to read these things, but are they all compatible? Can they all download from Amazon? Are Nooks better than Crannies? Are Ipads, Kindles Nooks all able to store an entire library of books, or will I have to delete some to get newer books. What's the highest rated and can they be made into large print for us half-blind authors who have to (and enjoy) hardback books because the paperbacks print is too small to see.

You don't have to buy a tablet or e-reader. I use a Kindle app on my smartphone. And Amazon/Kindle also has a download where you can use your home computer. I've never looked into it, but I'm sure B&N/Nook does too.

Congratulations again!

Teriw
05-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Like Terry said you don't have to buy a device to view them. you don't even have to download an app/program for it. They can all easily be converter to pdf and just viewed on your computer with adobe. I use a website to convert them... for me its usually .mobi(kindle) to .epub(most other ereaders) but you can go from pretty well any format to any other with this website thats easy to use ... http://ebook.online-convert.com/

Also cell phones and tablets have apps you can download to view them as well.

Randy D. Rubin
05-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Hey Richard, thanks again and just for the record, you are Richard... I am Randy. And the Story was picked up by Secret Cravings Publishing, a place I found on Last Week's Duotrope or the one before that. Thanks to you, my friend, and Cee Dub, and Terry, and all the others, I realized that I wasn't shopping them out them out enough. Now I try to get more out every week. Thank you all for schoolin' me in the right way to achieve success. But this is only two; I've miles to go before I sleep...Says Frost. Sage advise.

C.W. LaSart
05-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Congrats!

RichardThomas
05-18-2012, 07:25 PM
sorry, RANDY, my fingers and brain weren't working at the same time. CONGRATS!

Randy D. Rubin
05-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Thank you so much, my friends.

Craig Wallwork
06-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Congrats, Randy. Change the world, brother. Change the world!

C.W. LaSart
06-27-2012, 08:51 PM
It's CRAIG!

Randy D. Rubin
09-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Thank you Craig, good to hear from you once again. Well we haven't been to this thread in a few months (06-27-12?) it would appear so I'll dust it off. First thank you all for your congratulatory comments and heartfelt support. I am truly blessed to have you all as forum buddies. Cee Dub, what are you working on lately? Are you still busy with the HWA work? Ozmo, what's goin' on wiith you? Are you still doing graphic art work for anyone of late? Craig are you writing something amazing again. I know Richard is keeping busy: your story fireflies was very awesome, very dark moody and morose. I loved it. Teri come on, give it up... what's your latest project? I just got the cover art for MISS VIOLA coming out soon from Secret Craving Publications. It's awesome. I wish I knew how to pull it over here to show you. My vampire comedy has hit a snag but I'll work through it. So that's wasssup, Yo, or as we writers say...WORD.

ozmosis7
09-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks for asking, Randy. Just had an acceptance to a Science Fiction Trails antho. I also recently handed in the manuscript for the 3rd book in my series due out sometime in October and I am working on final revisions for the online serial I did for what I hope is a December release. Other than that I've been writing tons of shorts and working on another requested manuscript. As you can see my plan to stay away from all of the wonderful forums/social media failed, but I'm still trying not to "hang out" as much. The time is better served working. Very little graphic design or art of any sort as I've been focusing on writing, but I do get a request now and then.

C.W. LaSart
09-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Sorry Randy, just saw the shout-out! I am still pretty busy with the HWA, but I've also had some time to write ;) I can proudly say that I have had acceptance into a Charity anthology being brought out next year by the Coffin Hop Tour which I am a member of, a story in the upcoming Anthology by Evil Jester Press entitled Carnival of the Damned, as well as an acceptance for Angelic Knight's new Anthology Tales From a Fractured Future. I will share the links when they are available. I haven't been subbing much in the way of short stories this year, I've written mostly for markets that have requested a story. I am in the process of typing up my first novel (handwritten) and have recieved interest from several small presses about it. I'm doing pretty well, I guess. How are you my friend?

Randy D. Rubin
09-03-2012, 08:33 AM
I'm well thanks. Working a vampire tale right now. Just had an acceptance on a ghost story paying homage to a song by Cat Stevens. Working on a long one about an African tribal Princess and her journey from Dar Fur to Mount Kilamangaro proving that MAN is still the most terrifying of monsters ever concocted. Had my computer destroyed by lightning and finally saved enough to purchase a new one (and miraculously saved all the stories in my old dinosaur's hard drive) Trying to find a place for my novellas and I have now set a personal goal to get Stan Swanson to put one of my tales in his SNM Magazine by the end of 2013. I'd love to get one into Cemetery Dance as well once they reopen to subs. Then I want to become a member of HWA by 2013. Still waiting some sort of payment from these presses to qualify for membership. Ultimately I want to win a Bram Stoker and a Pushcart and a Nebula (yeah I know, I'm shooting for the moon but a man can dream, can't he?)

C.W. LaSart
09-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Haha. I like your attitude. I am shooting for all those things as well. BUT, Stan Swanson is Dark Moon Books/Dark Moon Digest, and Steven Marshall is SNM. Best of luck with all your stories and I look forward to hearing about the acceptances. I am going to shoot for CD as well, and I think Shroud re-opens this month. There is also some whispers of a possible open antho from Post-Mortem Press and I always consider Shock Totem, but haven't written anything I feel is up to par for them yet. Self-doubt, the plague of any creative person! Cheers!

C.W. LaSart
09-03-2012, 05:48 PM
I meant Permuted Press, not Post-Mortem Press. Mea Culpa!

Randy D. Rubin
09-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks for setting me straight as well, Cee Dub. I mix 'em up so easily. Happy Labor Day to you and to all my C.D. Forum buddies, by the way. Hope your day is relaxing and pleasant. I believe the time has rolled around to Cold One thirty once again and if not, like the song says, "Its five o'clock somewhere." then an afternoon nap is in order. Me love you long time, G.I.

ozmosis7
09-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Shroud is open now. "WE WILL BE OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS FROM AUGUST 1ST THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30th, 2012." So don't wait. You might get 2 shots at it if you hurry. I'm targeting all those same markets, Caren. Not sure how my latest will fare at ST. It might not be well received, but I thought to try something different. I too heard rumor of a Permuted sub, but it may be a novel sub period and not an antho. Their newsletter said they were opening to other genres, so that may indeed be the case.

C.W. LaSart
09-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Yeah, it was pretty vague. ;)

Ben Staad
09-17-2012, 01:04 AM
Woot! Someone was finally stoned enough to accept one of my stories. I'm very stoked about this.

ozmosis7
09-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Congrats!

C.W. LaSart
09-17-2012, 03:17 AM
LOL Congrats!

Randy D. Rubin
09-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Always great to hear, my friend, CONGRATULATIONS.

Ben Staad
09-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Congrats!

LOL Congrats!

Always great to hear, my friend, CONGRATULATIONS.

Thanks!

C.W. LaSart
10-09-2012, 09:45 PM
I've been a bit lazy this year, but I can report I am 6 for 6 on short stories :) Need to get that typed up and I will be happy with myself, but the internet is so intoxicating!

RichardThomas
10-10-2012, 07:00 PM
damn, girl. congrats. you're on fire. that's always a great feeling. not the burning alive part, the acceptances. can you tell us where?

ozmosis7
10-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Awesome, Caren! Evidently you came to kick butt and chew bubblegum, and...