IT or The Mailman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT or The Mailman

IT is no doubt a classic novel; even if you didn't enjoy IT, it is still a classic as well as The Mailman. I was looking on the CD Store and saw both. Not sure which one to get. I think I'm more on the IT side because it's going to be very limited, hot-foiled, and artwork. On the other hand, The Mailman is signed only for $60
    I would really appreciate your opinions... although I'm sure most of you will go with IT all of the way.

*I never read either book yet*
    Last edited by fmancino; 06-19-2011, 10:29 PM. Reason: Wrong price information

I went with both along with the slipcase for The Mailman myself. If you can afford it I'd say get them both lol. Otherwise I'd probably say It though I've never read The Mailman
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I've never read The Mailman, so..

IT!!!

(To tell you the truth, I ordered both.........oops...showing off again......)

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          i've never read the mailman, so..

It!!!

(to tell you the truth, i ordered both.........oops...showing off again......)

sk
          lol!
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            (To tell you the truth, I ordered both.........oops...showing off again......)
            Well, speaking of bragging about that I ordered both the gift and signed, tracased versions of It (Would have gotten the lettered too, but no way I could afford that one) and The Mailman with a slipcase! Can't normally do that kinda thing though, was just lucky to have the money at the time.

Oh, and The Mailman is $60, not $40
            Spoiler!

Comment

Haha, it's all right!

Comment

I am also going to assume that It will be finished and sent out (at least the gift edition) before The Mailman, so there is that to consider as well, lol. Bentley Little hasn't really done signed limited editions before, so that could be a plus to that one, so I guess just go with whichever one you want more, or both if you can. I've read It before, but definitely plan to read that one again once I have my CD editions. I also can't wait to get The Mailman and read that one for the first time
                Spoiler!

Comment

Well, I've only read a sampling of Little's short ficition and I've read IT before. I would probably go with IT, if I were in your shoes; but I'm not as I've ordered both. (You've got to be sick of hearing this by now...)

lol?
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I've read both and ordered both, and if your budget allows only one, I'd got for IT. I'm sure you'll be able to find The Mailman at a later date if you decide to add it to your collection.

Comment

I think I'm going to go with IT!?

Comment

Originally posted by fmancino View Post
                        I think you almost "have to"!!! I have not read The Mailman yet, but it's IT!!!!

Comment

Good choice!

sk

Comment

Excellent choice, and I'm willing to bet it'll be a great way to be introduced to the book. Better than the plain paperback version I have of this one. Not that there is anything wrong with the paperback version, but a CD hardcover, especially with new art, is a beautiful thing
                            Spoiler!

Comment

definitey go with IT

strangely, in my vast SK collection, I do not have a hard copy of IT. I remember reading it in paperback, leaving it out on the porch and having it rained on. Glad I can incorporate this signed edition into my collection.
                              It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

Working...
                              X