IT Remake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT Remake?

I was on IMDb and on Google and I heard late in 2011 they are remaking IT? If it's true, I'm really excited to see the cast and who's going to play Pennywise. Anyone got any deets on an IT remake?

It's not on any official release schedule that I've found for this year. Many articles on it since 2006. Once it was rumored that the Sci-Fi chanel was doing the remake.

Then that WB was doing it, but wanted a PG-13 rating.

Now they've settled on an R-rating, but only want one 2-hour movie.

No cast list available yet.

The wait continues...
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Hmmm, wonder if the remake would be any good. I wouldn't be against a remake, but would hope it'd be done well, of course.
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Totally agree with that. The original IT movie with Tim Curry was so long, I definitely hope it is shorter, or even broken up into two parts like the Harry Potter films.

Comment

As long as the ending is better than that of the mini-series...
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by fmancino View Post
            Totally agree with that. The original IT movie with Tim Curry was so long, I definitely hope it is shorter, or even broken up into two parts like the Harry Potter films.
            But the book is really long!
            I hate it when all you've got left is/are the bare bones...

Then again, I barely ever watch King adaptations, so I'll most likely skip this one as well.
            Never even saw the mini-series.

sk

Comment

I hardly ever enjoy mini series of anything. I feel like the production values are so low, which ends up equating to a bad show.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

"It" is a huge story and requires a lot more than 2 hours to tell the tale. I'd like to see HBO or Showtime take a shot at it. I love how HBO decided to adapt George R. R. Martin's "A Game of Thrones". (FYI, I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far, so not sure how good they're doing) But kudos to them for taking the time to adapt the whole book. Now with it being the first book of a series, they were able to call it Season 1 and promise more, so they're getting a lot more use out of the sets, costumes, etc than a standard mini-series adaptation could. And "It" could be adapted fairly inexpensively, and make the cash back later in DVD sales. The ABC mini-series did a pretty good job since most of the monsters were handled with standard make-up techniques. I enjoyed the "It" adaptation, but didn't really like the casting. I definitely didn't buy John Boy as Bill, and the rest of the dramatic cast was actors trying to break free from sitcom roles. Tim Curry was brilliant, though.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

HBO does some great miniserries. Just look at how they did with Game of Thrones.,

I heard it is going to be remade. I can see them flubbing this one up.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    As long as the ending is better than that of the mini-series...
                    What!? You didn't like the ending of the t.v. IT? Every time I see that ending I always end of laughing because IT is so terrible.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Latest skinny on the It remake:

http://www.webpronews.com/stephen-ki...tation-2012-06
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm not sure how I feel about a non tim curry Pennywise.

Comment

We can only hope this is a good one. I like that it will not be just one movie. Would not have much hope for it being good if the massive book was crammed into a single movie.
                          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                          Spoiler!

Comment

I just hope they have "Richard Tozier's All Dead Rock N Roll Show" in this one!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Maybe I should read IT soon then eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X