Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is Your Controversial Film Opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Is Your Controversial Film Opinion?

I don't think we've had one of these threads in a while and they're always fun to read! It can be negative-controversial, positive-controversial, controversial in real life or this sub or just something you want to get off your chest!

Here are some of mine:

Rachel McAdams in Game Night gave the best performance of the aughts.

Aliens is considerably better than Alien.

GOTG is the best Marvel movie.

"Range" is really overrated when talking about actors and this sub needs to find new criteria.

Johnny Depp is not really that impressive an actor.

Okay, what are yours now? Let it all out.

I'm not really sure your Aliens, GOTG, and Johnny Depp opinions are really all the controversial. GOTG is the one that might be the most controversial there, just because there's so many good options to choose from. Personally I'm in the Winter Soldier is the best Marvel movie camp myself.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Here's a controversial opinion, I rarely like super hero movies and I'm sort of over the whole thing LOL! Range is everything if your looking to be a great actor, otherwise why act?? TV has overtaken the Big Screen as far as entertainment value/quality. I rarely go to the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by marvelsferb7 View Post
        I don't think we've had one of these threads in a while and they're always fun to read! It can be negative-controversial, positive-controversial, controversial in real life or this sub or just something you want to get off your chest!

Here are some of mine:

"Range" is really overrated when talking about actors and this sub needs to find new criteria.

I'll agree with Dan about Winter Soldier but I haven't seen them all as I'm not really into the whole super hero thing. My wife forced me to watch GOTG and I liked it so much we saw the second one in the theater. Footnote: A theater is a place people used to gather to watch films.

Aliens is the best Alien movie

I love Depp in anything he does.

Comment

GOTG?
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            Here's a controversial opinion, I rarely like super hero movies and I'm sort of over the whole thing LOL! Range is everything if your looking to be a great actor, otherwise why act?? TV has overtaken the Big Screen as far as entertainment value/quality. I rarely go to the movies.
            I agree with a lot of these points as well. TV can give you so much more over 10 episodes or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              GOTG?
              Guardians of the Galaxy

Comment

I thought The Blair Witch Project was genius.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is an absolute piece of garbage movie.

Nickelback really isn't that bad.

Bentley Little writes empty plastic stories.

There's only one Stephen King movie and that's Maximum Overdrive.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                  I completely agree. I also think A Christmas Story is terrible.

Comment

Thanks. I had no idea what that meant.

In regards to Marvel I really liked Logan. GOTG was just a popcorn muncher.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    Guardians of the Galaxy

Comment

Nickelback really isn't that bad.

Bentley Little writes empty plastic stories.

There's only one Stephen King movie and that's Maximum Overdrive.
                      Originally posted by Splync View Post
                      I completely agree. I also think A Christmas Story is terrible.
                      Ugh. You guys are killing me. I loved both of those films. And I like Nickelback. Never understood where all the hate come from for that band.

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      Thanks. I had no idea what that meant.

In regards to Marvel I really liked Logan. GOTG was just a popcorn muncher.
                      Most welcome! I really enjoyed Logan also. Cause if was for grownups.

Comment

I feel asleep in the theater watching Winter Soldier. I have also never been able to make it all the way through Avatar. I fall asleep or wander off whenever it's on.

For context these are the only movies I recall falling asleep while watching.

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        I'm not really sure your Aliens, GOTG, and Johnny Depp opinions are really all the controversial. GOTG is the one that might be the most controversial there, just because there's so many good options to choose from. Personally I'm in the Winter Soldier is the best Marvel movie camp myself.

Comment

Woody Allen is boring.

Comment

Originally posted by marvelsferb7 View Post

Here are some of mine:

Yes, most definitely yes to Rachel McAdams in Game Night. She should be the biggest of stars and how she isn’t blows my mind.

I don’t know about Aliens being better than Alien, but it is considerably more rewatchable.

Comment

I absolutely agree. It gets a ton of flack, but has a fantastic mythology, a creepy atmosphere, and an all-time ending. It’s not flawless, but it is perfect.

Comment

Working...
                              X