PDA

View Full Version : The Stand 3 book set. PS Publishing

telconamja
01-11-2019, 03:35 PM
https://app.mailerlite.com/w8a5o2/1066644353776092775/z2o9/

updated URL

Dave1442397
01-11-2019, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I just got the newsletter - looks nice! I guess I'll buy it, seeing as I have all the other PS SK books, but I bet the CD edition will be nicer :)

jeffingoff
01-11-2019, 03:52 PM
I'm gonna get it. I'm gonna try to match my Tommyknockers number which matches my Doubleday Series number. So if everything goes spectacularly, I'll have three new copies of THE STAND in 2019. But probably more like three new copies of THE STAND in 2020.

bsaenz24
01-11-2019, 04:04 PM
Assuming this and CD's editions are the uncut, I would like to see someone do a nice edition of the original edition.

jeffingoff
01-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Assuming this and CD's editions are the uncut, I would like to see someone do a nice edition of the original edition.

That would be cool. PS is also doing the uncut though. Maybe Suntup will do the circumcised edition????

Ben Staad
01-11-2019, 04:34 PM
Did they announce a price yet? I love Don Maitz so I may look into this.

RonClinton
01-11-2019, 04:49 PM
I *think* I’ll likely pass...I have a Fine/Fine 1st HC in a great aftermarket slipcase, and I plan to pick up the forthcoming CD edition. I certainly don’t need a third version...I think.

Martin
01-11-2019, 05:54 PM
The uncut version is Kings preferred version. I do not expect to see the edited version in print again. I really want to pass on this but it is The Stand so I will probably get it.

bookworm 1
01-11-2019, 07:03 PM
I will probably get this one. The Stand is my favorite King book.

Martin
01-11-2019, 07:04 PM

What he said!

Brian861
01-11-2019, 07:05 PM

I told myself I wouldn't but I probably will as well. It's my #1 too.

Martin
01-11-2019, 07:16 PM
I told myself I wouldn't but I probably will as well. It's my #1 too.

The Stand is the book that has shaped my reading for my entire adult life. From the time I first read it I have been drawn to dark fiction. I also begin reading most everything King published as soon as it was published. It also brought my mom into King fandom. She usually read romance stories. When she saw me reading a book that sized she was intrigued. When I finished and we talked about she decided to read it. She started it after work going into her weekend. She finished it before returning to work and borrowed my King books as soon as I finished them for the rest of her life.

Brian861
01-11-2019, 07:23 PM
The Stand is the book that has shaped my reading for my entire adult life. From the time I first read it I have been drawn to dark fiction. I also begin reading most everything King published as soon as it was published. It also brought my mom into King fandom. She usually read romance stories. When she saw me reading a book that sized she was intrigued. When I finished and we talked about she decided to read it. She started it after work going into her weekend. She finished it before returning to work and borrowed my King books as soon as I finished them for the rest of her life.

That's awesome! My mom reads him as well.

Dave1442397
01-11-2019, 11:06 PM
The Stand and 'Salem's Lot were the first two King books I read, but I can't remember which one I read first.

I was home sick from school, and asked my Mom to pick up a few books from the library.
I have no idea why she picked Stephen King books, as she wasn't all that comfortable with my burgeoning horror collection, but she came home with those two books, and I read them both in two days.

There were 734 pages in that edition of The Stand.

While in America for the summer of '85, I picked up a Rand McNally atlas of the US, and the next time I read The Stand, I followed the journey on the map.

I have no idea how many times I've read both of those books...at least 20 times each, I'm sure. Maybe more.

slayn666
01-12-2019, 01:07 AM
The Doubleday Years edition will be enough for me. Half because I'm trying to cut back on double (or triple (or quadruple...)) dipping, half because I'm not a huge fan of how PS is breaking things up into three volumes like this (though it is perhaps more understandable with a book as long as The Stand).

bsaenz24
01-12-2019, 02:26 AM
The Doubleday Years edition will be enough for me. Half because I'm trying to cut back on double (or triple (or quadruple...)) dipping, half because I'm not a huge fan of how PS is breaking things up into three volumes like this (though it is perhaps more understandable with a book as long as The Stand).

I only had Pet Semetary from PS, but I was not a fan of the shorter height of the books along with thin paper and artwork that was printed “thinly”. I don’t know if all of their King books were the same, but I honestly didn’t think they came close to the CD editions.

Martin
01-12-2019, 02:49 AM
I only had Pet Semetary from PS, but I was not a fan of the shorter height of the books along with thin paper and artwork that was printed “thinly”. I don’t know if all of their King books were the same, but I honestly didn’t think they came close to the CD editions.

That is pretty standard fare for PS books. I greatly prefer CD books and I have the Artist Edition Of The Stand coming from CD but I may still have to spring for this one.

Brian861
01-12-2019, 08:40 AM
The Stand and 'Salem's Lot were the first two King books I read, but I can't remember which one I read first.

I was home sick from school, and asked my Mom to pick up a few books from the library.
I have no idea why she picked Stephen King books, as she wasn't all that comfortable with my burgeoning horror collection, but she came home with those two books, and I read them both in two days.

There were 734 pages in that edition of The Stand.

While in America for the summer of '85, I picked up a Rand McNally atlas of the US, and the next time I read The Stand, I followed the journey on the map.

I have no idea how many times I've read both of those books...at least 20 times each, I'm sure. Maybe more.

That's really cool, Dave that you followed the journey on the map!

mhatchett
01-12-2019, 03:44 PM
Salem's Lot was my first King book. I did buy the PS edition of that and I actually like it, but I'm passing on this one in favor of the CD edition.

Dave1442397
01-12-2019, 05:24 PM
That's really cool, Dave that you followed the journey on the map!

I was SO ready to move to the US at that point :) I loved how King and Spielberg got the essence of (I guess) middle-class USA across. Following The Stand in the atlas gave me a much better sense of the distances involved.

Brian861
01-12-2019, 07:04 PM
I was SO ready to move to the US at that point :) I loved how King and Spielberg got the essence of (I guess) middle-class USA across. Following The Stand in the atlas gave me a much better sense of the distances involved.

It's a bit of a stretch across the old girl for sure.

jeffingoff
01-12-2019, 10:23 PM
That is pretty standard fare for PS books. I greatly prefer CD books and I have the Artist Edition Of The Stand coming from CD but I may still have to spring for this one.

The shorter and stouter book is pretty standard for UK editions I guess? I just bought a first edition Wizard and Glass UK Hardcover from the thrift shop and it's as short as my PS Fireman and PS Tommyknockers. I bought it for the novelty of it. I don't intend to collect UK hardcovers.

slayn666
01-13-2019, 12:57 AM
The shorter and stouter book is pretty standard for UK editions I guess?

It's about 50/50 in my experience. Some publishers (Harper Voyager) love them, some use them pretty regularly (Gollancz), and others stick to the size Americans are more used to (Tor UK).

bookworm 1
01-13-2019, 01:23 PM

I agree .However I will still more then likely get this one. I don't mind the height of the book and I have a few of the other PS editions. Don't mind multiple copies of my favorite books.

Sock Monkey
01-14-2019, 09:01 PM
I really like what PS is doing with this. I'd be tempted to pick it up if I didn't already have the CD edition on order.

HumphreyBear
01-15-2019, 01:46 AM
I have the CD version on order but will also be grabbing this one. It's The Stand!

Martin
01-15-2019, 04:29 AM
I have the CD version on order but will also be grabbing this one. It's The Stand!

I am trying to convince myself that I do not need the PS version. So far I am failing.

St. Troy
01-15-2019, 06:06 PM
,,,if everything goes spectacularly, I'll have three new copies of THE STAND in 2019. But probably more like three new copies of THE STAND in 2020.

CD is one, PS is one - what is the third?

St. Troy
01-15-2019, 06:09 PM

Incredibly cool.

RonClinton
01-15-2019, 07:41 PM
I am trying to convince myself that I do not need the PS version. So far I am failing.

So far I am holding strong and remaining content with my 1st HC and the upcoming CD edition that I plan to pick up, but if the final artwork on those djs improves, there's no telling which way I'll fall on this one. The thought of three versions of the same book on my already crowded shelves seems absurd and indulgent, but..but...but it is THE STAND, after all...

jeffingoff
01-15-2019, 10:00 PM
CD is one, PS is one - what is the third?

I bought both the gift and the artist editions from CD. I really don't know why.

Martin
01-15-2019, 10:39 PM
So far I am holding strong and remaining content with my 1st HC and the upcoming CD edition that I plan to pick up, but if the final artwork on those djs improves, there's no telling which way I'll fall on this one. The thought of three versions of the same book on my already crowded shelves seems absurd and indulgent, but..but...but it is THE STAND, after all...

If I add the PS edition I will have four versions of this book. Doubleday censored version (not a 1st but in pristine condition), 1st/1st of the restored version, CD Artist edition and then the PS edition.

slayn666
01-15-2019, 11:56 PM
Calling the original version "censored" is pretty silly. King was told to shorten it up and he did; that's a far cry from actual censorship.

Martin
01-16-2019, 01:34 AM
Calling the original version "censored" is pretty silly. King was told to shorten it up and he did; that's a far cry from actual censorship.

Completely agree with you. If I remember correctly the main reason was the printer the publisher was using were not able bind a book that size.

St. Troy
01-16-2019, 03:41 PM
...Doubleday censored version...

I think of it as the "abridged" version.

To me, it's similar to what happened with songs of bands I used to listen to in the 80s; the "single" version of the song (released on 7" single and played on the radio) would often be around 3 1/2 minutes, but the version appearing on the album (the "true" song in my eyes) was often around 5 minutes. Once I had the album, I never bothered with the radio edit again, and it's been the same with The Stand (except for the time I read them almost back to back a few years ago, the better to notice the differences).

I probably would never buy a special edition of the original shorter Stand, but for some, "original" is a bigger deal, and some out there even think it's a better book. My problem is that it was never the book King intended (and, having read them both, I know I prefer the uncut).

bookworm 1
01-17-2019, 12:11 AM
Looks like the price is going to be $150 . Based on the British pound. That is if my math is correct. I saw a post on Twitter or Instagram from PS that said the price is going to be around 120 pounds.

jeffingoff
01-17-2019, 11:34 AM
When are they opening it up for pre-order?

bookworm 1
01-18-2019, 11:15 AM
They haven't said yet. Hopefully soon. It would be really cool if it was offered for sale in today's newsletter. But that's just wishful thinking on my part.

jeffingoff
01-18-2019, 06:35 PM
They haven't said yet. Hopefully soon. It would be really cool if it was offered for sale in today's newsletter. But that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Do they do a preorder window for previous customers? I bought Tommyknockers direct from them, will I get a preorder link beforehand or will I have to be quick on the draw to beat everyone fighting for a copy? I don't know how PS works.

bookworm 1
01-18-2019, 07:54 PM
Do they do a preorder window for previous customers? I bought Tommyknockers direct from them, will I get a preorder link beforehand or will I have to be quick on the draw to beat everyone fighting for a copy? I don't know how PS works.
According to today's newsletter you should be able to match your number with Tommyknockers. Looks like the price is going to be $150 America. And it doesn't not look like a pre-order window is to be available.

jeffingoff
01-18-2019, 08:17 PM
According to today's newsletter you should be able to match your number with Tommyknockers. Looks like the price is going to be $150 America. And it doesn't not look like a pre-order window is to be available.

Yeah, that's what I thought. If I'm vigilant/lucky enough to see the link right when it comes through and quick enough to preorder a copy, then they'll match my number.

Martin
01-18-2019, 09:06 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought. If I'm vigilant/lucky enough to see the link right when it comes through and quick enough to preorder a copy, then they'll match my number.

Probably will skip at $150. Maybe if CD is able to offer a nice discount to CDCC but I am not willing to spend that much.

jeffingoff
01-18-2019, 09:58 PM
Probably will skip at $150. Maybe if CD is able to offer a nice discount to CDCC but I am not willing to spend that much.

I'll have to. And then if CD offers through the CDCC I'll have to again. And then I'll buy one every time I stand.

Jokes.

$150 isn't bad. I just hope they go live with the sale when the British pound is weaker against the dollar. See my economics prowess?

slayn666
01-18-2019, 11:51 PM
$150 isn't bad. I just hope they go live with the sale when the British pound is weaker against the dollar. See my economics prowess?

Most likely the longer they wait, the weaker it'll be. Hell, by the summer, they may have to pay you to take a copy :D

bookworm 1
01-19-2019, 01:10 AM
Most likely the longer they wait, the weaker it'll be. Hell, by the summer, they may have to pay you to take a copy :D

Then I'll take 2 copies.:)

Br!an
01-25-2019, 01:04 PM
I bought both the gift and the artist editions from CD. I really don't know why.

Am I reading this correctly? The Stand was offered for pre-order?

I didn't receive any notice. Neither as CDCC or as an owner of the series.

Ben Staad
01-25-2019, 01:29 PM
I expected it to be around this price point and will also be passing on this. I was hoping that it would be priced a little lower so I could torment myself on a decision.

jsweet
01-25-2019, 02:23 PM

There was an option several years ago to pre-buy the whole set, back when Carrie was released. I did that at the time - not sure if that's what he's referring to.

jeffingoff
01-25-2019, 02:25 PM

I've seen it discussed over at TDT. Were you a member of CDCC 8? You should have had a shot at an early pre-order window a while back. I think Sleeping Beauties slowed the roll on this one getting the official announcement.

jeffingoff
01-25-2019, 03:10 PM
There was an option several years ago to pre-buy the whole set, back when Carrie was released. I did that at the time - not sure if that's what he's referring to.

No, I missed that! I wish I had been paying attention back then.

bookworm 1
01-25-2019, 03:28 PM

I preordered the whole set back then also. I think it's already saved me $50 at least. Possibly even more. Plus my book anxiety is kept in check knowing that I don't have to worry about it when they are announced.

frik51
01-25-2019, 04:20 PM

Neither did I.
Apparently, if you pre-ordered the complete Doubleday set, whichever edition, members of the CDCC did NOT receive the offer.
Which I absolutely do not understand.
I did pre-order a complete matching Artist Edition numbered set, but was very, VERY interested in the lettered edition. Which, as a member of the CDCC I would have purchased without any hesitation.
So I did miss out at first. Fortunately, I was able to set things right again.

Fortunately, this won't be happening again: also the owners of a complete set will be receiving the pre-order offers again.

sk

frik51
01-25-2019, 04:22 PM
Were you a member of CDCC 8? You should have had a shot at an early pre-order window a while back.

Not necessarily. See the above comments.

sk

Dave1442397
01-25-2019, 08:59 PM

It's the way the CD mailing software is set up. If you had already pre-ordered the series, your name wasn't on the email list for the CDCC offer.

I heard about it on Jan 12th last year, and emailed Mindy to get the CDCC discount on the Gift Edition, which I had not pre-ordered.

Dan Hocker
01-25-2019, 09:56 PM
Neither did I.
Apparently, if you pre-ordered the complete Doubleday set, whichever edition, members of the CDCC did NOT receive the offer.
Which I absolutely do not understand.
I did pre-order a complete matching Artist Edition numbered set, but was very, VERY interested in the lettered edition. Which, as a member of the CDCC I would have purchased without any hesitation.
So I did miss out at first. Fortunately, I was able to set things right again.

Fortunately, this won't be happening again: also the owners of a complete set will be receiving the pre-order offers again.

sk

It sounds kinda dumb, but it actually has to do with trying to avoid mis-purchases, that then later require returns / refunds. You'd be suprised at how many people buy something more than once forgetting they bought it, then 3 show up and they return the extras, which inevitably turns into damaged products. There's a couple other reasons (none of which are coming to mind at the moment), but this is one of the biggest reasons.

If I had to guess we won't do a public announcement until we're shipping Night Shift or done shipping Night Shift (this is how I think we've done it in the past). There's some movement on that front as well Sleeping Beauties is getting awfully close now (don't want to give anything specific in case something else goes wrong). I think the plan is that Night Shift will head to the printer once Sleeping Beauties is done.

Martin
01-25-2019, 10:16 PM
It sounds kinda dumb, but it actually has to do with trying to avoid miss purchases, that then later require returns / refunds. You'd be suprised at how many people buy something more than once forgetting they bought it, then 3 show up and they return the extras, which inevitably turns into damaged products. There's a couple other reasons (none of which are coming to mind at the moment), but this is one of the biggest reasons.

If I had to guess we won't do a public announcement until we're shipping Night Shift or done shipping Night Shift (this is how I think we've done it in the past). There's some movement on that front as well Sleeping Beauties is getting awfully close now (don't want to give anything specific in case something else goes wrong). I think the plan is that Night Shift will head to the printer once Sleeping Beauties is done.

I resemble that remark. I have ordered multiple copies of multiple books. I have caught myself before they shipped and cancelled orders on occasion. However I am return averse so when I have ended up with a second I have either gifted one or taken it to Powell's for trade.

Dave1442397
01-25-2019, 11:14 PM
I resemble that remark. I have ordered multiple copies of multiple books. I have caught myself before they shipped and cancelled orders on occasion. However I am return averse so when I have ended up with a second I have either gifted one or taken it to Powell's for trade.

I usually manage to do it with slipcases. I still have a Sleeping Beauties one in the box upstairs :)

c marvel
01-26-2019, 11:41 AM
This explains the comments I've seen here about titles in the Doubleday Years being preordered even though CD hasn't made it the title after Night Shift. Thanks jsweet. Cap

Br!an
01-26-2019, 03:19 PM
It's the way the CD mailing software is set up. If you had already pre-ordered the series, your name wasn't on the email list for the CDCC offer.

I heard about it on Jan 12th last year, and emailed Mindy to get the CDCC discount on the Gift Edition, which I had not pre-ordered.

I did not pre-order the series. I've ordered each volume individually. I am a CDCC member.

I did not receive any email about The Stand.

Dave1442397
01-26-2019, 05:53 PM
I did not pre-order the series. I've ordered each volume individually. I am a CDCC member.

From what I remember, if you had placed an order for the Lettered or Numbered edition before the CDCC email went out, you wouldn't get the email. If you didn't do that, then I don't know :)

Dan Hocker
01-28-2019, 03:42 PM

I think it was the CDCC 7 that the note had gone to, it was a long time ago now, 2017 I think. Unfortunately I can't really look up who was excluded from the notes and why (without searching through thousands of emails). I can only see what the note actually was and the "code" we used when it was sent (we have different numerical codes that designate what the notes were for). So I can see that it was sent to a generic list (could've been anyone) and the CDCC 7. So the CDCC 7 one would've had exclusions and the generic one would've targeted a specific group of customers, but I just can't say what those exclusions or specific groups were at this point cause I don't want to spend 2 hours trying to find it in my email.

Br!an
01-29-2019, 09:28 PM
I think it was the CDCC 7 that the note had gone to, it was a long time ago now, 2017 I think. Unfortunately I can't really look up who was excluded from the notes and why (without searching through thousands of emails). I can only see what the note actually was and the "code" we used when it was sent (we have different numerical codes that designate what the notes were for). So I can see that it was sent to a generic list (could've been anyone) and the CDCC 7. So the CDCC 7 one would've had exclusions and the generic one would've targeted a specific group of customers, but I just can't say what those exclusions or specific groups were at this point cause I don't want to spend 2 hours trying to find it in my email.

Thanks, Dan.

As long as I still get the opportunity to purchase it, I'll be fine.

telconamja
02-28-2019, 03:33 PM
Pre-order will be announced on tomorrows newsletter.21304

https://www.subscribepage.com/pspublishingnewsletter_thestand?platform=hootsuite

Dan Hocker
02-28-2019, 04:11 PM
Just a bit of a heads up. It sounds like we are getting less copies of this one than we normally do.

telconamja
02-28-2019, 04:22 PM
Just a bit of a heads up. It sounds like we are getting less copies of this one than we normally do.

If purchasing through CD what are the chances of getting the same number as Tommyknockers if we request?

Dan Hocker
02-28-2019, 06:14 PM
If purchasing through CD what are the chances of getting the same number as Tommyknockers if we request?

Should be good, as long as you ordered Tommyknockers from us as well. We typically get the same numbers every time, though since we're getting less books this time I'll have to figure that out.

Martin
02-28-2019, 06:16 PM
Should be good, as long as you ordered Tommyknockers from us as well. We typically get the same numbers every time, though since we're getting less books this time I'll have to figure that out.

At least he told you before you offered it up for sale.

Dan Hocker
02-28-2019, 06:21 PM
At least he told you before you offered it up for sale.

We always try our best to confirm our counts before we offer anything like this up for sale.

Martin
03-01-2019, 04:08 PM
This is now up for pre-order on the PS site. Price is $165.78 US. At that price I think I will pass.

https://www.pspublishing.co.uk/the-stand-slipcased-hardcover-by-stephen-king-4736-p.asp

Side Note: Says it is signed but the artist and the introducer. It does not say who wrote the introduction.

jeffingoff
03-01-2019, 04:40 PM
I bought one. It was a nightmare. I had to reset my password halfway through it because it wouldn't recognize my account even though I signed in BEFORE the sale went live. I was going to buy two to sell one at a FOMO price, but I'm just going to settle for the one.

Dave1442397
03-01-2019, 04:45 PM
It took more than 20 minutes to navigate my way through that purchase! I guess this is their most popular SK edition to date.

WebInterceptor
03-01-2019, 05:18 PM
How do you guys like the quality of the Tommyknockers or any other book? I couldn't bring myself to buy yet another copy of the stand along with the ones i have and the pending one lmao. I know it would just lie somewhere in the dust, even though i am tempted slightly.

jeffingoff
03-01-2019, 05:56 PM
How do you guys like the quality of the Tommyknockers or any other book? I couldn't bring myself to buy yet another copy of the stand along with the ones i have and the pending one lmao. I know it would just lie somewhere in the dust, even though i am tempted slightly.

I'm not a fan of PS's slipcases. The slipcase for my copy of The Tommyknockers didn't travel well and arrived slightly damaged. But the books are high quality. And the art is fantastic.

Dan Hocker
03-01-2019, 05:59 PM
I think they had a sizing problem with the slipcases on Tommyknockers. They cases ended up being a bit too big, I think that's the only book in the series they've had the problem with as far as I can remember.

mhatchett
03-01-2019, 07:25 PM
I bought all the Esslemont titles they put out and the slipcases were a nightmare if you put on a brodart cover, however the slipcase for Something Wicked this way Comes was fine. I bought the PS Salem's Lot because I liked the idea of breaking the book into 3 volumes. Passing on the rest because I'm buying the Double day Kings from CD.

RonClinton
03-01-2019, 09:21 PM
Passing on this one -- one, not a fan of the gaudy Zebra-paperback-like skeletons w/ glowing eyes that pepper the the dustjackets, and, two, am buying the CD edition and with a Fine/Fine 1st ed. HC that I already have own (in aftermarket traycase), I don't need yet a third edition of this book...I bought PS' TOMMYKNOCKERS and THINNER because there was no other limited edition in the offering.

HumphreyBear
03-01-2019, 10:55 PM
I grabbed this one although it worked out to $275 AUD. Easily the priciest new book I've bought. Yes, I already have the CD version ordered, but it's my all-time favourite book.
I also have all the other PS Kings except Carrie, so I need to keep the set going and keep my number (not that that was a factor - I would have bought it anyway).
Also one doesn't usually have to wait 3-5 years to get a PS book ;)

Tommy
03-02-2019, 06:42 AM
Had to pass. I hate missing my number but it just was not in the cards.Hopefully it becomes available elsewhere! I hope some cool cat from the boards gets it. :cool:

jeffingoff
03-02-2019, 04:18 PM
Had to pass. I hate missing my number but it just was not in the cards.Hopefully it becomes available elsewhere! I hope some cool cat from the boards gets it. :cool:

Sorry you had to pass. It sucks. I had to pass on my number with Rosemary's Baby and it's harder to get over than it should be. I guess I'm not the healthy well-balanced adult I pretend to be. Who knows what the secondary market will turn up for PS's THE STAND . . .

pumpheel
03-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Was going to use my CD credit account stash. But, of course, was at a doctor's appointment and my "smart phone" (not so smart) wouldn't let me use it. By the time I got home, it was sold out. Maybe CD will get some more copies.

Martin
03-02-2019, 08:42 PM
Sorry you had to pass. It sucks. I had to pass on my number with Rosemary's Baby and it's harder to get over than it should be. I guess I'm not the healthy well-balanced adult I pretend to be. Who knows what the secondary market will turn up for PS's THE STAND . . .

If it is any consolation none of us ever thought you were a healthy well-balanced adult. But don't stress, one out of three aint bad!

Dan Hocker
03-04-2019, 03:59 PM
Was going to use my CD credit account stash. But, of course, was at a doctor's appointment and my "smart phone" (not so smart) wouldn't let me use it. By the time I got home, it was sold out. Maybe CD will get some more copies.

Write Mindy. We may still have a couple. We pulled it early so we wouldn't oversell, knowing people would contact us about not getting one. Just be aware that she may have sold all those copies already (it wasn't many).

One eyed cat
03-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Write Mindy. We may still have a couple. We pulled it early so we wouldn't oversell, knowing people would contact us about not getting one. Just be aware that she may have sold all those copies already (it wasn't many).

Not sure if this is appropriate but Sub Press still has some:

https://subterraneanpress.com/all-books/preorders/stand-ps

jeffingoff
03-05-2019, 04:02 PM
If anyone missed out, DRP is selling PS's THE STAND here:

https://darkregions.com/products/the...r-set-preorder

bsaenz24
03-05-2019, 04:50 PM
I still can't become a real fan of the PS books. The small size, thinner paper and "quality" of the artwork. They just don't impress too much. SK title or not.

Dan Hocker
03-05-2019, 05:48 PM
I still can't become a real fan of the PS books. The small size, thinner paper and "quality" of the artwork. They just don't impress too much. SK title or not.

I've liked a lot of the artwork. Certainly not all of it, but I don't like all of the artwork we use. Personally I particularly like the artwork Don Maitz is doing for The Stand for them.

jeffingoff
03-05-2019, 06:31 PM
I've liked a lot of the artwork. Certainly not all of it, but I don't like all of the artwork we use. Personally I particularly like the artwork Don Maitz is doing for The Stand for them.

I LOVE Daniele Serra's art for The Tommyknockers.

bookworm 1
03-15-2019, 12:51 PM
I ended up passing on this one. My daughter is off to college in the fall. No matter how much I tried to I just couldn't justify this purchase especially since I have the Cemetery Dance one on order .

jeffingoff
05-08-2019, 12:29 PM
According to PS on the product page, their edition of THE STAND will be published this month. Has anyone heard anything since it sold out? Has anyone been dreaming of the old black woman or the faceless man? Anyone going to Boulder? Or Vegas?

BTW: someone shared a pic of Maitz's Flagg over on TDT and it looks awesome.

WebInterceptor
05-08-2019, 08:18 PM
According to PS on the product page, their edition of THE STAND will be published this month. Has anyone heard anything since it sold out? Has anyone been dreaming of the old black woman or the faceless man? Anyone going to Boulder? Or Vegas?

Would love to see the book but having bought a few books from them and knowing how flimsy those pages are, it still nags me at the back of my mind if it will be able to withstand general use. Still having higher expectations of the CD edition than this one lol.

jeffingoff
05-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Still having higher expectations of the CD edition than this one lol.

I have those expectations as well. I loved the way THE TOMMYKNOCKERS turned out so I hope THE STAND at least matches that set.

Dan Hocker
05-08-2019, 09:01 PM
I have those expectations as well. I loved the way THE TOMMYKNOCKERS turned out so I hope THE STAND at least matches that set.

Love it or hate it, PS Publishing has been pretty consistent about the materials they've used on this series of theirs. The materials and production quality has stayed the same for all of them.

One eyed cat
05-09-2019, 05:00 AM

Ha. Just got back home from Boulder an hour ago. I suck, so I never even thought of The Stand. Wanted to swing by Lakewood but couldn't seem to make that happen either. Oh well, snow in May for those who enjoy that.

jeffingoff
05-09-2019, 03:14 PM
Ha. Just got back home from Boulder an hour ago. I suck, so I never even thought of The Stand. Wanted to swing by Lakewood but couldn't seem to make that happen either. Oh well, snow in May for those who enjoy that.

Boulder also figured into THE SHINING. When I was there in September, I also wanted to swing by Centipede Press and see what I could see, but time was an enemy.

frik51
05-10-2019, 01:31 PM

But....Have you seen the PS lettereds in this series.....They're gorgeous!

sk

bsaenz24
05-10-2019, 02:15 PM
But....Have you seen the PS lettereds in this series.....They're gorgeous!

sk

I haven't.

One eyed cat
05-11-2019, 06:20 AM
Boulder also figured into THE SHINING. When I was there in September, I also wanted to swing by Centipede Press and see what I could see, but time was an enemy.

Vacations are always too short. Oh well, back to work we go.

TacomaDiver
05-11-2019, 08:06 PM

I was just in Boulder last Sunday.

TacomaDiver
05-11-2019, 08:07 PM

I’m in the same boat - never once thought of The Stand while I was there. Was busy enjoying the sunshine and walking round a bit.

One eyed cat
05-12-2019, 06:25 AM
I’m in the same boat - never once thought of The Stand while I was there. Was busy enjoying the sunshine and walking round a bit.

Boulder was amazing, my wife and I loved it. First time in Colorado for both of us. What part are you living in if you don't mind mind me asking?

TacomaDiver
05-12-2019, 05:56 PM
Boulder was amazing, my wife and I loved it. First time in Colorado for both of us. What part are you living in if you don't mind mind me asking?

I'm down in Broomfield - so right between Boulder and Denver.

So far it's nice - I have most of what I want within walking distance - and believe me, I'm enjoying my 8 minute commute to work (especially compared to my previous 2.5 hour each way commute . . .)

I haven't fully explored Boulder the town - last weekend was my first time there. Was looking for good used book stores, and then I went looking for a brewery with food. I jointed a hiking club at work and we go out every other Saturday, so I'm definitely seeing the countryside more than the town itself.

One eyed cat
05-13-2019, 07:14 PM
I'm down in Broomfield - so right between Boulder and Denver.

So far it's nice - I have most of what I want within walking distance - and believe me, I'm enjoying my 8 minute commute to work (especially compared to my previous 2.5 hour each way commute . . .)

I haven't fully explored Boulder the town - last weekend was my first time there. Was looking for good used book stores, and then I went looking for a brewery with food. I jointed a hiking club at work and we go out every other Saturday, so I'm definitely seeing the countryside more than the town itself.

Nice. Wish I had more time in Colorado. You save some serious time with that commute change, congrats on that alone.

TacomaDiver
05-19-2019, 06:12 PM
Nice. Wish I had more time in Colorado. You save some serious time with that commute change, congrats on that alone.

I just need to explore more - but honestly, I've been enjoying being a homebody. It's nice not having to go anywhere.

Sock Monkey
05-19-2019, 07:05 PM
I just need to explore more - but honestly, I've been enjoying being a homebody. It's nice not having to go anywhere.

Home is the best place to be. I love to travel, but nothing beats hanging out around the house, especially if you have a good book handy.

TacomaDiver
05-19-2019, 09:08 PM
Home is the best place to be. I love to travel, but nothing beats hanging out around the house, especially if you have a good book handy.

My reading has really suffered now that I live so close to work. That transit time is where I got the majority of my reading done, and now I simply don't have that time. Yeah there's just no pleasing some people :)

St. Troy
05-19-2019, 11:37 PM
That transit time is where I got the majority of my reading done...

Same here; I live in fear of finding a job outside the city.