PDA

View Full Version : Gwendy's Button Box

frik51
09-01-2018, 03:50 PM
Just saw the latest update for Gwendy's Button Box.
Now I do like the case for the lettered edition that was shown, but I was under the assumption the old-style cases were out and we could expect something different. Now I was thinking of the King Doubleday AE-lettered cases, which I love, but that's Cemetery Dance and (that style) won't be used for LRB?
I'm pretty certain though I did read Gwendy's lettered case would be er, different.
Anyone??

sk

Martin
09-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Now I do like the case for the lettered edition that was shown, but I was under the assumption the old-style cases were out and we could expect something different. Now I was thinking of the King Doubleday AE-lettered cases, which I love, but that's Cemetery Dance and (that style) won't be used for LRB?
I'm pretty certain though I did read Gwendy's lettered case would be er, different.
Anyone??

sk

I have purchased the limited rather than the lettered so I do not recall the conversations you speak of. The case pictured looks like the case that I believe has only been used on 'The Dark Man' previously. Looks like the top is hinged and opening it raises the book and exposes the text on the side.

Dan Hocker
09-03-2018, 03:03 AM
Anyone??

sk

I don't remember us saying that. It is mostly different. We've only used this style of case once before, for the Dark Man lettered edition.

frik51
09-04-2018, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the response guys.
Might be the lettered make-over was for Sleeping Beauties?
Or I just dreamt having read this?!

sk

Dan Hocker
09-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the response guys.
Might be the lettered make-over was for Sleeping Beauties?
Or I just dreamt having read this?!

sk

I'm honestly not sure. I don't remember it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't something we said.

Martin
10-09-2018, 07:08 PM
:):):):):)

jeffingoff
10-09-2018, 08:28 PM
:):):):):)

Did GWENDY pay someone a visit?

Martin
10-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Did GWENDY pay someone a visit?

Not yet. Advanced notice that she would be heading my way later this month!

Dan Hocker
10-09-2018, 09:05 PM
Very soon. I expect the cases by the end of the week, so we'll probably start on it next week. I began sorting the coins today.

Martin
10-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Very soon. I expect the cases by the end of the week, so we'll probably start on it next week. I began sorting the coins today.

:cool::rolleyes::p:);)

Dan Hocker
10-11-2018, 06:55 PM
These coins are kinda tedious to deal with.

Brian861
10-11-2018, 07:22 PM
I'm sure it's a PITA on your end, Dan but those are bad ass!

Dan Hocker
10-11-2018, 07:35 PM
I'm sure it's a PITA on your end, Dan but those are bad ass!

It's mostly just very "finicky" to get just right.

Edit: Also the coins come wrapped in really obnoxious plastic and each of the cases is in it's own little ziplock bag

Brian861
10-11-2018, 07:45 PM
It's mostly just very "finicky" to get just right.

Edit: Also the coins come wrapped in really obnoxious plastic and each of the cases is in it's own little ziplock bag

I'm assuming you have to crack all these open instead of shipping them out with the book in that state?

Dan Hocker
10-11-2018, 08:15 PM
I'm assuming you have to crack all these open instead of shipping them out with the book in that state?

Yea they all need to be put into the black cases.

Brian861
10-11-2018, 08:21 PM
Yea they all need to be put into the black cases.

Oh, I see. I thought you had to remove them from the black cases. I can see where that'd get tedious. Maybe you should lock Brian in a room with them and he can't come out til they're done. Being his idea and all :)

Dan Hocker
10-11-2018, 08:23 PM
Oh, I see. I thought you had to remove them from the black cases. I can see where that'd get tedious. Maybe you should lock Brian in a room with them and he can't come out til they're done. Being his idea and all :)

I've just been sitting here at my desk doing them for 2 days now...

Brian861
10-11-2018, 08:36 PM
I've just been sitting here at my desk doing them for 2 days now...

Wow, Brian. I think Dan really deserves a hug :) Or an extra set of hands or two.....

Dan Hocker
10-11-2018, 08:44 PM
Wow, Brian. I think Dan really deserves a hug :) Or an extra set of hands or two.....

It could be worse. I could be in the back packing the Blatty script sets. I did that while my help was on vacation. Those things were the worst to put together.

Brian861
10-12-2018, 06:25 AM
It could be worse. I could be in the back packing the Blatty script sets. I did that while my help was on vacation. Those things were the worst to put together.

Have to separate each volume out, uh?

Martin
10-12-2018, 03:40 PM
Based on previous hints I believe the coin in the case slides into a slot inside the tray case. Looking forward to getting this one.

Dan Hocker
10-12-2018, 04:26 PM
Based on previous hints I believe the coin in the case slides into a slot inside the tray case. Looking forward to getting this one.

Correct. In the limited the there's a ribbon pull for both the book and the coin. The lettered doesn't need the ribbon pull, just because of the way the case is designed. Brian will probably snap some fancier photos come next week.

Dan Hocker
10-12-2018, 04:29 PM
Have to separate each volume out, uh?

Yep and they're huge, and because it's Lonely Road everyone gets a specific number. Also because of the large amount of stamping on these books, by the time you're done you end up looking like you took a bath in gold glitter.

Brian861
10-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Yep and they're huge, and because it's Lonely Road everyone gets a specific number. Also because of the large amount of stamping on these books, by the time you're done you end up looking like you took a bath in gold glitter.

Sounds so 70s lol.

Dan Hocker
10-16-2018, 04:43 PM
Gwendy prep is coming along. I think we'll be done most of the prep today and actually be shipping orders come tomorrow.

Martin
10-16-2018, 05:49 PM
Gwendy prep is coming along. I think we'll be done most of the prep today and actually be shipping orders come tomorrow.

Great month for books!

Martin
10-18-2018, 07:09 PM
Pretty sure mine is the one on the upper left!21078

Dan Hocker
10-18-2018, 08:40 PM
Pretty sure mine is the one on the upper left!21078

You know I numbered all of these and hid the orders inside the cases to stage this picture. I realized after the fact, that I could've just as easily have staged this using empty cases...

becca69
10-18-2018, 11:16 PM
My copy arrived today and it's very lovely. Thanks so much! I'm glad I sprung (quickly) for the Baldwin remarque.

https://i.postimg.cc/bJzKN9Bq/IMG_7964.jpg (https://postimg.cc/67mHMnKP)

becca69
10-18-2018, 11:17 PM
If anyone else got a remarque from either artist, I would love to see them.

Martin
10-18-2018, 11:58 PM
My copy arrived today and it's very lovely. Thanks so much! I'm glad I sprung (quickly) for the Baldwin remarque.

https://i.postimg.cc/bJzKN9Bq/IMG_7964.jpg (https://postimg.cc/67mHMnKP)

I passed on the Remarque but that is fantastic! congratulations.

Brian861
10-19-2018, 09:53 AM
I passed on the Remarque but that is fantastic! congratulations.

Agreed!

Dan Hocker
10-19-2018, 04:22 PM
Yea things shipped a bit differently this go around. Typically the remarques wait until the end so there's no chance of a mixup, but this go around I needed to get them out to verify the counts on them, so we just shipped them first. So anyone who bought a remarqued limited edition, on it's own or with another limited edition will have shipped already. If you purchased it with a lettered edition, that'll be later.

Martin
10-22-2018, 10:17 PM
Shipping notice received!

rjmyers
10-22-2018, 11:09 PM
If anyone else got a remarque from either artist, I would love to see them.

I was going to post a picture of my remarqued Gwendy, but it is the same remarque as yours. It's clearly an original drawing, but it's the same image as posted above. I assume that's typical when artists do these things? Everyone gets an original drawing of the same image?

keithminnion
10-23-2018, 01:25 AM
I chose four different images, and did little variations on them, mainly to keep sane. The one of Gwendy's torso section in shorts with the hat flying behind her was my favorite, so I may have done more of that one than the others. One of the "rules" was we were never to draw Gwendy's face, but doing her mid-section was okay.

becca69
10-23-2018, 03:29 PM
I chose four different images, and did little variations on them, mainly to keep sane. The one of Gwendy's torso section in shorts with the hat flying behind her was my favorite, so I may have done more of that one than the others. One of the "rules" was we were never to draw Gwendy's face, but doing her mid-section was okay.

I've seen this one and one with a skull. Looking forward to seeing the other two images.

Martin
10-28-2018, 12:39 AM
Scheduled for Monday delivery, can't wait to actually see this one!

absolute182
10-28-2018, 09:38 PM
I was looking forward to getting this on Monday until I received this lovely update from UPS yesterday. :mad:

"Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage."

Dan Hocker
10-29-2018, 01:58 AM
I was looking forward to getting this on Monday until I received this lovely update from UPS yesterday. :mad:

"Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage."

Uh Oh!! Send me a email with your order info. I'll be able to get you a replacement, though I may need to get a coin engraved.

Martin
10-29-2018, 05:12 AM

Man that sucks.

Martin
10-30-2018, 06:04 AM
Received my copy today. This thing is a beauty and rather large. The case is slightly taller than the Knowing Darkness Slipcase. The case is well constructed and make a great presentation for the book and coin. The coin is fantastic and the book is really nice. The paper stock is very thick, almost poster-board thick. Not sure what I think of the paper stock yet but overall this is a great addition to my shelves.

Dan Hocker
10-30-2018, 03:26 PM
Received my copy today. This thing is a beauty and rather large. The case is slightly taller than the Knowing Darkness Slipcase. The case is well constructed and make a great presentation for the book and coin. The coin is fantastic and the book is really nice. The paper stock is very thick, almost poster-board thick. Not sure what I think of the paper stock yet but overall this is a great addition to my shelves.

Isn't that just the sig sheet? We're not sure why we made that choice on the sig sheet. It's nice, but it's definitely a heavier stock than we normally would've chosen.

Martin
10-30-2018, 03:45 PM
Isn't that just the sig sheet? We're not sure why we made that choice on the sig sheet. It's nice, but it's definitely a heavier stock than we normally would've chosen.

The signature sheet may be a little thicker but the actual pages are close if not the same.

Dan Hocker
10-30-2018, 03:52 PM
The signature sheet may be a little thicker but the actual pages are close if not the same.

Yea I guess it's close. As for the paper stock, I'm pretty sure it's just the same "weight" we use on all of the SK limited editions. Or at least it feels the same as the two of them I just looked at in comparison.

Martin
10-30-2018, 04:07 PM
Yea I guess it's close. As for the paper stock, I'm pretty sure it's just the same "weight" we use on all of the SK limited editions. Or at least it feels the same as the two of them I just looked at in comparison.

I will have to compare them side by side.

jeffingoff
10-30-2018, 05:35 PM
I will have to compare them side by side.

Maybe it feels thicker because the pages are smaller? More compact means less room to bend. You know what I mean? I don't know if I'm explaining my thought all that clearly.

Martin
10-30-2018, 06:18 PM
Maybe it feels thicker because the pages are smaller? More compact means less room to bend. You know what I mean? I don't know if I'm explaining my thought all that clearly.

That could be it but it is not much smaller in regards to height. Certainly thinner though. I will try to compare tonight.

frik51
10-31-2018, 10:19 AM

Aw, man, that's a collector's worst nightmare. So sorry this has happened to you.
But happy Dan came to the rescue!!

sk

frik51
10-31-2018, 10:20 AM
No shipping notice yet.....:(

sk

Dan Hocker
10-31-2018, 03:31 PM
No shipping notice yet.....:(

sk

Still working on the lettereds. Should probably be today or tomorrow I think. I know I saw your order yesterday. It's been a painfully slow process, doesn't help we ran out of packing peanuts yesterday as well. These books are chewing through our supply. I think we used 20+ bags just on the limiteds alone, and the lettereds are using like twice as many peanuts per box as the limiteds. Better safe than damaged in shipping though.

frik51
10-31-2018, 03:48 PM
Agreed!
Thanks Dan, I'll try to be patient....

sk

bsaenz24
10-31-2018, 04:02 PM
Agreed!
Thanks Dan, I'll try to be patient....

sk

It will be worth it. I have the limited and it really is gorgeous, so I'm sure the lettered will be even better!!!

Tommy
10-31-2018, 05:16 PM
A beautiful signed limited! I was definitely expecting something great but this is above and beyond. Thank you for matching my number too! Very happy about that! Love this book! :D

frik51
11-02-2018, 06:53 AM
Congratulation to all - sounds like another winner!

Still no shipping notice here...boo-hoo.....:(
(I know...patience....trying....)

sk

Dan Hocker
11-02-2018, 03:27 PM
Congratulation to all - sounds like another winner!

Still no shipping notice here...boo-hoo.....:(
(I know...patience....trying....)

sk

Yours definitely shipped. Guess the notices just haven't been sent. In fact as of yesterday we're done shipping Gwendy other than some PC orders.

Martin
11-02-2018, 04:00 PM
Yours definitely shipped. Guess the notices just haven't been sent. In fact as of yesterday we're done shipping Gwendy other than some PC orders.

Congratulations Dan, you finally got through Blatty's Lost Screen Plays and Gwendy's. Guessing you can't wait for the next Lonely Road announcement!

Dan Hocker
11-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Congratulations Dan, you finally got through Blatty's Lost Screen Plays and Gwendy's. Guessing you can't wait for the next Lonely Road announcement!

Lonely Road stuff usually isn't so bad, but the Blatty Scripts where a mess because of how big they were, and Gwendy was a mess because of the coins.

Right now we're staring down the dark tunnel that is all of the orders from the 50% off sale and the mess that is opening all of the boxes from PS Publishing that have Tommy Knockers in them.

frik51
11-02-2018, 04:58 PM

That's great news, Dan.
But I am worried about these shipping notices.
Any idea when they'll be sent?

And have the S/L and lettered been shipped together, in one box?

sk

Dan Hocker
11-02-2018, 05:27 PM
That's great news, Dan.
But I am worried about these shipping notices.
Any idea when they'll be sent?

And have the S/L and lettered been shipped together, in one box?

sk

One box. I'll send you the tracking. I wouldn't worry about the packing, I went overkill on the packing for these. I even ordered double walled boxes for the lettereds (which is a first).

frik51
11-02-2018, 06:44 PM
One box. I'll send you the tracking. I wouldn't worry about the packing, I went overkill on the packing for these. I even ordered double walled boxes for the lettereds (which is a first).

Awesome!! Thanks, Dan - and the packing-job sounds fantastic!!
So looking forwards to receiving these two!

sk

absolute182
11-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Uh Oh!! Send me a email with your order info. I'll be able to get you a replacement, though I may need to get a coin engraved.

I just wanted to say thank you to Dan for getting a new book put together and sent overnight to me. I received it today and it looks great!

frik51
11-11-2018, 05:19 AM

Dan, the books arrived yesterday and the packaging was simply amazing! Huge box, double-walled (awesome!!) - and what was inside was even more awesome. :D
Thank you for having done one terrific job!

sk