PDA

View Full Version : The Haunting of Hill House

Martin
05-09-2018, 04:08 PM
YOU AND ME BOTH. I think this CDCC offer was the easiest to pass on. I'm still conflicted about what I'm going to do at 11 (CST). If I try and if I buy I'll rationalize it as more of a strategic buy and not an impulse buy. I want the book and I think it looks gorgeous (I prefer it ever so slightly over the Centipede edition) and it will also give me an inside track on future editions. So I see a lot of win. Though my hand is not nearly as fast and as sure as Roland's and there will be many gunslingers at this battle.

If I were going to purchase a copy of Hill House it would be the Suntup edition. I went back an reviewed both of them and do really like what Paul has planned. I liked enough that I had to reconsider matching my Misery. I am still resisting but am at least considering it. Should you choose to grab one I think you will be able to.

Good luck.

RonClinton
05-09-2018, 04:49 PM
If I were going to purchase a copy of Hill House it would be the Suntup edition. I went back an reviewed both of them and do really like what Paul has planned. I liked enough that I had to reconsider matching my Misery. I am still resisting but am at least considering it. Should you choose to grab one I think you will be able to.

Good luck.

Martin, I agree that the Suntup edition appears to be the more impressive edition, though as Sock Monkey mentioned earlier, I do think that the Centipede edition probably has more potential for sustained (or increasing) value, at least in the short term, given that Centipede has a longer proven track record and larger base of collectors (i.e. supply and demand). Suntup, while very nice, is relatively fresh out of the gate and not particularly known outside the King collecting community; no matter how nice an edition might be, if there's little demand for it outside of a very niche group, then value becomes relative. If resale value was at all a concern, I'd opt for the Centipede edition. 'Course, that said, there's no telling what kind of base and legacy Suntup will build over time...these early editions might actually turn out to be a bonanza, who knows.

That said, Jeff, it doesn't sound like you're getting it because you're a Jackson fan and/or just want to read it (in which case there are many cheaper alternatives), but rather because it keeps you in the loop for future Suntup and King releases. If that's the case, then it seems like kind of an expensive ticket-to-play to me, but I certainly understand the thinking. If you go for it, good luck.

jeffingoff
05-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Done.

jeffingoff
05-09-2018, 05:19 PM
A lot of Misery owners have passed since it's almost 20 minutes later and copies of both editions are still available.

Martin
05-09-2018, 05:27 PM
A lot of Misery owners have passed since it's almost 20 minutes later and copies of both editions are still available.

I expected that. That is why I figured you would not have a problem getting one if you chose to do so. Assuming your done comment meant you bought one, Congratulations! I am sure it will be fantastic but not my thing. If they offered an gift edition I probably would have purchased it.

RonClinton
05-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Done.

Congrats, Jeff...should be a great addition to your growing collection.

jeffingoff
05-09-2018, 06:41 PM
Congrats, Jeff...should be a great addition to your growing collection.

Thanks! It's one that I've wanted to read for a long time. I would have waited for the Centipede edition if it was cheaper. But it cost more and I think the Suntup one looks better. I actually think the Suntup numbered looks better than the lettered. So I'm really happy.

jeffingoff
05-09-2018, 06:45 PM
I expected that. That is why I figured you would not have a problem getting one if you chose to do so. Assuming your done comment meant you bought one, Congratulations! I am sure it will be fantastic but not my thing. If they offered an gift edition I probably would have purchased it.

Yeah, I bought one. I am surprised that both editions are still hanging on. I wonder if this will change anything for Paul moving forward--what books he has on deck and what editions he'll offer and what prices he'll shoot for. I expected a sell-out pretty quickly. And I think he would have gotten it if he didn't separate the King numbers from the non-King numbers.

Martin
05-09-2018, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I bought one. I am surprised that both editions are still hanging on. I wonder if this will change anything for Paul moving forward--what books he has on deck and what editions he'll offer and what prices he'll shoot for. I expected a sell-out pretty quickly. And I think he would have gotten it if he didn't separate the King numbers from the non-King numbers.

I figured the Lettered would go quick due to the limitation but expect the Limited to last a while. Having the Lettered still available is a bit surprising to me.

jeffingoff
05-09-2018, 09:11 PM
I figured the Lettered would go quick due to the limitation but expect the Limited to last a while. Having the Lettered still available is a bit surprising to me.

I think the lettered and the numbered were too close in quality to justify such a price jump, with nearly the same looking tray cases. I actually prefer the cover of the numbered over the lettered.

Sock Monkey
05-09-2018, 09:15 PM

I'm not TOO surprised considering the price point. Though it's hard to say how many are left, so our perception is that they haven't sold out, but there could only be one or two remaining which would be pretty darn successful I'd think. I was hoping that the Suntup edition would sell out so I wouldn't have to decided between the two editions...

On another thought, maybe we need a dedicated Suntup thread? This discussion has taken over both this and the Random Thoughts thread. No complaints, just a thought.

Sock Monkey
05-09-2018, 09:16 PM
I think the lettered and the numbered were too close in quality to justify such a price jump, with nearly the same looking tray cases. I actually prefer the cover of the numbered over the lettered.

I'm with you as I prefer the limited versus lettered, though the escutcheon on the lettered is pretty creepy.

jeffingoff
05-09-2018, 09:22 PM
I'm not TOO surprised considering the price point. Though it's hard to say how many are left, so our perception is that they haven't sold out, but there could only be one or two remaining which would be pretty darn successful I'd think. I was hoping that the Suntup edition would sell out so I wouldn't have to decided between the two editions...

On another thought, maybe we need a dedicated Suntup thread? This discussion has taken over both this and the Random Thoughts thread. No complaints, just a thought.

On tdt someone just posted that one lettered remains and the numbered is 80% sold out.

And yeah this thread is derailed.

jeffingoff
05-09-2018, 09:30 PM
I'm with you as I prefer the limited versus lettered, though the escutcheon on the lettered is pretty creepy.

Yeah, it is better. But not better enough.

Martin
05-09-2018, 09:32 PM
On tdt someone just posted that one lettered remains and the numbered is 80% sold out.

And yeah this thread is derailed.

80% sold out on the limited is impressive!

jeffingoff
05-09-2018, 09:44 PM
Yeah, it is better. But not better enough.

Though I'd like to add that the cover of the lettered is probably far better than pictured. It's probably one of those things where the quality has to be felt to be appreciated.

Sock Monkey
05-09-2018, 10:04 PM
80% sold out on the limited is impressive!

I agree. I'm glad to hear that this is a successful announcement for them!

Though I'd like to add that the cover of the lettered is probably far better than pictured. It's probably one of those things where the quality has to be felt to be appreciated.

This is how I'm feeling about the Centipede Press edition. It's only going to be $30-$70 dollars more than this edition with my subscriber discount and it's gonna be a BIG book (8 X 13 is pretty large). But I'm also a sucker for a good looking book in a traycase AND I'd like to get in on Suntup. Anyone want to knock me off the fence in either direction? I just can't land on one vs. the other.

Martin
05-10-2018, 05:40 PM
Lettered edition sold out and Limited edition 90% sold a day after public release. Must say I am impressed with the response this book has received.

jeffingoff
05-10-2018, 05:44 PM
Lettered edition sold out and Limited edition 90% sold a day after public release. Must say I am impressed with the response this book has received.

I wonder what the response would have been with a cheaper Centipede edition.

Sock Monkey
05-10-2018, 06:17 PM

I wonder what the response would have been with a cheaper Centipede edition.

It's hard to say, though Centipede's price point definitely shifted my thinking on the Suntup edition, which I thought was pretty darn pricey until I saw Centipede's. This is an important book in the genre and I really want a great limited edition of it, hence why I'm willing to drop this kind of dough.

I don't know how anybody else took it, but I thought it was nice of Centipede to post their Hill House info. This definitely allows the Hill House customers to make an informed decision and probably did kick a couple people in Suntup's direction.

I think that it's interesting that both presses were producing limited editions but didn't know about the other. I would have assumed that contracts would have been written in a way that would limit this type of thing.

Sock Monkey
05-13-2018, 05:12 PM
Well, after numerous days of going back and forth, I finally settled in the Centipede Press edition. It came down to two things: 1. The size of the book. I really like the idea of a large oversized edition.
2. Timing. Centipede’s edition isn’t up for presale yet, which gives me time to save up more money and not derail prior plans for upcoming purchases (three Masters of the Weird Tale volumes in the next several months, along with Dune).

I’m hoping to give Suntup a try in the future, though. If I didn’t have the option of a Centipede edition, I would have pulled the trigger on this with no hesitation. The book looks great.

jeffingoff
05-13-2018, 05:37 PM
The Suntup edition is sold out. It's Centipede or secondary market now. Centipede is ALSO doing We've Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson as well. So if you passed on Suntup, you can now get a set.

Martin
05-13-2018, 06:07 PM
Well, after numerous days of going back and forth, I finally settled in the Centipede Press edition. It came down to two things: 1. The size of the book. I really like the idea of a large oversized edition.
2. Timing. Centipede’s edition isn’t up for presale yet, which gives me time to save up more money and not derail prior plans for upcoming purchases (three Masters of the Weird Tale volumes in the next several months, along with Dune).

I’m hoping to give Suntup a try in the future, though. If I didn’t have the option of a Centipede edition, I would have pulled the trigger on this with no hesitation. The book looks great.

You can't go wrong with either of these. Congratulations!

RonClinton
05-13-2018, 06:52 PM
Wise choice, SM. Depending on what the final price turns out to be (I still can't quite believe it's going to be close to $500, but I guess we'll see), I may join you.

Martin
05-13-2018, 09:13 PM
The Suntup edition is sold out. It's Centipede or secondary market now. Centipede is ALSO doing We've Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson as well. So if you passed on Suntup, you can now get a set.

I sure wish Suntup was doing a Gift Edition of this one.

Sock Monkey
05-14-2018, 05:42 AM
Centipede is ALSO doing We've Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson as well. So if you passed on Suntup, you can now get a set.

I saw this in today’s newsletter, so make that reason number 3 for going with Centipede. I hope that Castle is done in the same format as Hill House, though I’m unsure if my budget could handle two $500 books.

jeffingoff
05-14-2018, 11:48 AM
I saw this in today’s newsletter, so make that reason number 3 for going with Centipede. I hope that Castle is done in the same format as Hill House, though I’m unsure if my budget could handle two $500 books.

Jerad is always thinking in sets. His vintage horror series. The Blackburn novels. The Cornell Woolrich books. And so many others. I would be surprised if Castle wasn't also oversized with the same artist and treatment.

jeffingoff
05-14-2018, 11:56 AM
I sure wish Suntup was doing a Gift Edition of this one.

So do I. I don't know if I would have opted for the Gift Edition since I also wanted the chance to get a Suntup number, but it would have been nice to have the option. I wonder if eliminating the gift edition option was part of an agreement between Paul and Jerad. Maybe they tried to level it out as much as possible. I sure hope Paul goes back to offering gift editions.

jeffingoff
05-14-2018, 07:49 PM
Well, for the guy who never wins at anything, I was delighted to learn that I will be one of the 50 customers to receive the planchette with my numbered edition of Hill House! I'm only posting it here because you fine folks are the only people in my world who will understand the thrill. I'm so happy!

Martin
05-14-2018, 08:39 PM
Well, for the guy who never wins at anything, I was delighted to learn that I will be one of the 50 customers to receive the planchette with my numbered edition of Hill House! I'm only posting it here because you fine folks are the only people in my world who will understand the thrill. I'm so happy!

Congratulations! I look forward to the 'Very Special Unboxing' video.

jeffingoff
05-14-2018, 08:58 PM
Congratulations! I look forward to the 'Very Special Unboxing' video.

I should have saved my "oops I stabbed the book!" prank for this one.

Martin
05-14-2018, 09:37 PM
I should have saved my "oops I stabbed the book!" prank for this one.

You may have just jinxed yourself, you may want to open this one with a plastic knife!

jeffingoff
05-14-2018, 09:42 PM
You may have just jinxed yourself, you may want to open this one with a plastic knife!

Now I'm scared.

RonClinton
05-14-2018, 11:06 PM

Very cool, Jeff...congrats!

bookworm 1
05-15-2018, 01:32 AM

That is awesome. Congratulations

jeffingoff
05-15-2018, 02:37 PM
Thanks guys! Now if I unbox Hill House and a brass key falls out, I might just die. So I'll have to have my son post that video.

Sock Monkey
05-16-2018, 10:05 PM
Suntup just released their Cujo print, which I think is pretty darn awesome:
https://shop.suntup.press/collections/the-covers-collection-individual-prints/products/cujo-fine-art-print?variant=12275231457360

I'm not a big enough King fan to spring for these prints in general, but I am a HUGE Glen Orbik fan so I am really tempted by their set for The Colorado Kid and Joyland:

https://shop.suntup.press/collections/the-covers-collection-individual-prints/products/glen-orbik-fine-art-prints?variant=12191773589584

Martin
05-16-2018, 10:51 PM
Suntup just released their Cujo print, which I think is pretty darn awesome:
https://shop.suntup.press/collections/the-covers-collection-individual-prints/products/cujo-fine-art-print?variant=12275231457360

I'm not a big enough King fan to spring for these prints in general, but I am a HUGE Glen Orbik fan so I am really tempted by their set for The Colorado Kid and Joyland:

https://shop.suntup.press/collections/the-covers-collection-individual-prints/products/glen-orbik-fine-art-prints?variant=12191773589584

Those Orbik prints are stunning.

Sock Monkey
05-17-2018, 01:12 AM
Those Orbik prints are stunning.

I know, right? I really would love the set frames on my wall. I also think the cover for Femme would make one heck of an art print.

Martin
05-28-2018, 08:27 PM
Anyone wanting to purchase this Suntup has put one Limited up for sale:

https://shop.suntup.press/collections/the-haunting-of-hill-house/products/the-haunting-of-hill-house-numbered-edition

Probably will not last long.

csayers
05-29-2018, 05:08 AM
Anyone wanting to purchase this Suntup has put one Limited up for sale:

https://shop.suntup.press/collections/the-haunting-of-hill-house/products/the-haunting-of-hill-house-numbered-edition

Probably will not last long.

Thanks Martin, just ordered it!

Martin
05-29-2018, 05:46 AM
Thanks Martin, just ordered it!

Glad you were able to grab one. I am sure it will be a fantastic book.

jeffingoff
09-11-2018, 03:07 PM
Paul made some updates to the tray cases on the Hill House page.

https://suntup.press/the-haunting-of-hill-house/

He also mentioned on the tdt forum that some "upgrades" will be announced shortly. And he's also been teasing us with a response of "Soon" when people ask when he's announcing the third Suntup edition. He's a remarkable dude.

Martin
09-11-2018, 03:31 PM
Paul made some updates to the tray cases on the Hill House page.

https://suntup.press/the-haunting-of-hill-house/

He also mentioned on the tdt forum that some "upgrades" will be announced shortly. And he's also been teasing us with a response of "Soon" when people ask when he's announcing the third Suntup edition. He's a remarkable dude.

I skipped this one but I have to say I love the tweaks he did.

jeffingoff
09-11-2018, 04:17 PM
I skipped this one but I have to say I love the tweaks he did.

Yeah, initially I thought the tray cases were too similar. I like the adjustments,

Ben Staad
09-11-2018, 05:14 PM
Gorgeous books however the price point is way above my means. All these photos of his books are nothing but temptations meant to torment me and my financial futility. Arghh!!! LOL LOL

Brian861
09-12-2018, 12:50 AM
Yeah, initially I thought the tray cases were too similar. I like the adjustments,

I've never read the book and honestly probably never will. Still, I'm really looking forward it! And the anticipation of the next title is killer.

Martin
09-12-2018, 02:11 AM
I've never read the book and honestly probably never will. Still, I'm really looking forward it! And the anticipation of the next title is killer.

It is worth reading, I think I just was expecting more but I enjoyed it.

Ben Staad
09-12-2018, 12:51 PM
It's a good read. I do agree with Martin that the "hype", for me, didn't live up to reality. Still well worth the read.

It is worth reading, I think I just was expecting more but I enjoyed it.

RonClinton
10-24-2018, 06:35 PM
It's doubly tough when you thought you didn't know the price of a book (in this case, Centipede's edition of THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE)...then get excited when you see the link is live at the publisher...then click on it to get the pricing info for this book you've anticipated very much...see the price, and realize it's out of your range...then suddenly remember you saw the price a while back and realize this was the second time you had to face up to it being out of your range.

Like a wasp that stings twice. :(

Guess the disappointment was so strong last time that I blanked it out of my mind like a traumatic repressed memory.

God help me, I hope it doesn't happen a third time...

https://imgcs.artprintimages.com/img/print/print/david-sipress-i-recently-recovered-a-crucial-repressed-memory-but-then-i-forgot-it-cartoon_a-l-9172783-8419447.jpg?w=550&h=550

Sock Monkey
10-24-2018, 07:22 PM
It's doubly tough when you thought you didn't know the price of a book (in this case, Centipede's edition of THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE)...then get excited when you see the link is live at the publisher...then click on it to get the pricing info for this book you've anticipated very much...see the price, and realize it's out of your range...then suddenly remember you saw the price a while back and realize this was the second time you had to face up to it being out of your range.

Like a wasp that stings twice. :(

Guess the disappointment was so strong last time that I blanked it out of my mind like a traumatic repressed memory.

God help me, I hope it doesn't happen a third time...

https://imgcs.artprintimages.com/img/print/print/david-sipress-i-recently-recovered-a-crucial-repressed-memory-but-then-i-forgot-it-cartoon_a-l-9172783-8419447.jpg?w=550&h=550

Centipede's edition is pricey and I've wondered on a couple of occasions if I picked the right pony to back. This is mostly due to price as Centipede's edition is more expensive than the Suntup limited. I'm sure that all doubts will be swept away once the Centipede edition is in hand. Now my debts, though, that's another matter entirely.

On a side note: I thought that the Suntup limited was initially offered in a traycase and now I'm seeing that it is a slipcase. Did this change or am I misremembering things?

jeffingoff
10-24-2018, 08:00 PM
On a side note: I thought that the Suntup limited was initially offered in a traycase and now I'm seeing that it is a slipcase. Did this change or am I misremembering things?

Yeah, originally, both the numbered and the lettered were to be presented in tray cases. Paul changed that as well as the die cut on the front board of the numbered.

mhatchett
10-24-2018, 08:07 PM
I buy more from Centipede than any other small press publisher, not just for the quality of the books, which is always fantastic, but because of the titles Jerad chooses to put out. I’m not a big horror collector, so I find his range of offerings interesting, especially the mystery/suspense title he brings out. The Cornell Woolrich collection is a particular favorite of mine. I’m really looking forward to Dune. Having said that, I could never afford to be a Centipede “Completest” I would never be able to retire lol!! Some titles just have to be let go…….

jeffingoff
10-24-2018, 08:16 PM
I buy more from Centipede than any other small press publisher, not just for the quality of the books, which is always fantastic, but because of the titles Jerad chooses to put out. I’m not a big horror collector, so I find his range of offerings interesting, especially the mystery/suspense title he brings out. The Cornell Woolrich collection is a particular favorite of mine. I’m really looking forward to Dune. Having said that, I could never afford to be a Centipede “Completest” I would never be able to retire lol!! Some titles just have to be let go…….

I still have THE BRIDE WORE BLACK on my TBR pile. I read RENDEZVOUS IN BLACK and loved it. I also really liked the Blackburn novels. I read the first two and have the rest waiting.

Sock Monkey
10-24-2018, 08:17 PM
Yeah, originally, both the numbered and the lettered were to be presented in tray cases. Paul changed that as well as the die cut on the front board of the numbered.

It's nice to know that I'm not going crazy!

Sock Monkey
10-24-2018, 08:23 PM

I really regret missing out on the Woolrich books. I always kept on eye on Centipede's output but never really purchased a lot of their stuff prior this year and I've been really happy with everything that I've picked up. I'm very excited for the upcoming Ramsey Campbell Master of the Weird Tale set. I love his short fiction.

I agree that some books you just have to pass on. I find it really hard to do so sometimes. Especially with Centipede books as they are usually hard to find and very pricey on the aftermarket.

mhatchett
10-24-2018, 09:40 PM
That is true, you rarely lose money on a Centipede title if you're reselling it. I sold one to someone on our forum at cost, just because he was one of the guys, but the price of that title had tripled in just a few years.

Martin
12-29-2018, 09:04 PM
For those interested in seeing the limited edition of The Haunting of Hill House Mr. Jeffingoff has put his unboxing video up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsPBCKQ457g

jeffingoff
12-30-2018, 01:04 AM
For those interested in seeing the limited edition of The Haunting of Hill House Mr. Jeffingoff has put his unboxing video up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsPBCKQ457g

I will never be a hand model!

Martin
12-30-2018, 01:08 AM
I will never be a hand model!

I am really looking forward to the snakeskin suit for the Horns unboxing!

p.s. really enjoyed the closed up slide show at the end.

jeffingoff
12-30-2018, 01:29 AM
I am really looking forward to the snakeskin suit for the Horns unboxing!

p.s. really enjoyed the closed up slide show at the end.

Damnit! In the TDT forum someone suggested a tux. Now I'll need a snakeskin tux.

Glad you enjoyed the close-ups. I'm going to do more to feature the actual damn books going forward. With Suntup, there's a lot to get into so it was easy to show off the details.

I was really amazed by the way the book feels. The endpapers and the slipcase and even the type.

ALSO, I was thrilled to get number 23. That's a low number. It's also Michael Jordan's number. And he is a Chicago icon. And I'm from Chicago. And my CD Doubelday number is 34. And that was Walter Payton's number. And he was a Chicago icon. And so on.

Martin
12-30-2018, 02:02 AM
Damnit! In the TDT forum someone suggested a tux. Now I'll need a snakeskin tux.

Glad you enjoyed the close-ups. I'm going to do more to feature the actual damn books going forward. With Suntup, there's a lot to get into so it was easy to show off the details.

I was really amazed by the way the book feels. The endpapers and the slipcase and even the type.

ALSO, I was thrilled to get number 23. That's a low number. It's also Michael Jordan's number. And he is a Chicago icon. And I'm from Chicago. And my CD Doubelday number is 34. And that was Walter Payton's number. And he was a Chicago icon. And so on.

When you revealed the number I thought, a Chicago resident got Jordan's number! I am looking forward to getting the Limited and Gift edition of Horns so I can compare the Letterpress side by side with a printed book.

Now I look forward to the snakeskin tux!

RonClinton
12-30-2018, 06:21 AM
Yep, great video, Jeff, and really enjoyed the pics at the end. That damn knife still makes me nervous every time it slices into the box, but thatís my hang-up, one maybe someday Iíll overcome...maybe.

Brian861
12-30-2018, 06:53 AM

That's really cool about the numbers.

Yep, great video, Jeff, and really enjoyed the pics at the end. That damn knife still makes me nervous every time it slices into the box, but that’s my hang-up, one maybe someday I’ll overcome...maybe.

Me too, Ron about the knife.

bookworm 1
12-30-2018, 01:05 PM
Another great unboxing. That book looks so damn good. I kick myself for passing up one of my favorite books ever in such a spectacular edition. Congratulations.
On a personal note what the heck was up with the prior 2 unboxing videos ?

jeffingoff
12-30-2018, 05:10 PM
Another great unboxing. That book looks so damn good. I kick myself for passing up one of my favorite books ever in such a spectacular edition. Congratulations.
On a personal note what the heck was up with the prior 2 unboxing videos ?

Are you getting the Centipede Press edition? I have no doubt that it will be stunning. And Jerad is also doing WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE. So there's potential to own a set.

As far as the other two videos:
I was interrupted in my SHINING IN THE DARK unboxing and instead of editing out the distraction, I decided to try out some video apps to add some new elements to the videos. And as it is I think I really like the idea of putting in a bunch of still photos to show off each book after I unbox it. Like I did with HILL HOUSE.

With the Tim Waggoner LITTLE BOOK, there were a few things:
1. There's no box to unbox. I don't like that these books are shipped in a padded envelope and so I wanted to make a mockery of opening the package.
2. The LITTLE BOOKS are fairly simple and there's not a lot to show. That's not a bad thing--I think they're really cool and I love having them but they're small and simple. Nothing much to go into.
3. Someone recently commented on my SHINING unboxing that they had to watch it on mute to enjoy it. And previously someone said that they wanted "more less of" me. So I thought it might be fun to give them what they wanted and do a short and completely silent unboxing. I will admit that I can't watch my SHINING unboxing. It is annoying.

**EDIT** And THANKS for the compliment.

jeffingoff
12-30-2018, 05:13 PM
Yep, great video, Jeff, and really enjoyed the pics at the end. That damn knife still makes me nervous every time it slices into the box, but that’s my hang-up, one maybe someday I’ll overcome...maybe.

Too kind!

I'd like to get a new Hibbens knife to do these even though I love the Dragon Lord. Maybe I'll get a Hibbens sword or combat machete or something.

RonClinton
12-30-2018, 09:24 PM
Are you getting the Centipede Press edition? I have no doubt that it will be stunning. And Jerad is also doing WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE. So there's potential to own a set.

As far as the other two videos:
I was interrupted in my SHINING IN THE DARK unboxing and instead of editing out the distraction, I decided to try out some video apps to add some new elements to the videos. And as it is I think I really like the idea of putting in a bunch of still photos to show off each book after I unbox it. Like I did with HILL HOUSE.

With the Tim Waggoner LITTLE BOOK, there were a few things:
1. There's no box to unbox. I don't like that these books are shipped in a padded envelope and so I wanted to make a mockery of opening the package.
2. The LITTLE BOOKS are fairly simple and there's not a lot to show. That's not a bad thing--I think they're really cool and I love having them but they're small and simple. Nothing much to go into.
3. Someone recently commented on my SHINING unboxing that they had to watch it on mute to enjoy it. And previously someone said that they wanted "more less of" me. So I thought it might be fun to give them what they wanted and do a short and completely silent unboxing. I will admit that I can't watch my SHINING unboxing. It is annoying.

**EDIT** And THANKS for the compliment.

And here I thought you were going after the avant-garde crowd. ;-)

bookworm 1
12-31-2018, 12:48 AM

That was my first thought. Jeff got drunk and thought he was David Lynch.

I am thinking long and hard about the Centipede edition. I just might go for it.

jeffingoff
12-31-2018, 01:30 AM
That was my first thought. Jeff got drunk and thought he was David Lynch.

I am thinking long and hard about the Centipede edition. I just might go for it.

You can't go wrong with Centipede. If I had tons of money, I'd go for it too. At the time Suntup announced Hill House and perhaps caused Jerad to announce his edition, I passed on the Centipede edition because it was more expensive and I also wanted to get a Suntup number to hold onto. The decision had nothing to do with the quality of Centipede's production. It's crazy that they went head-to-head like this AND THEN the Netflix series came out. Lots of attention for Hill House all o' a sudden.

As it is now, the Suntup edition is selling on eBay for Centipede's estimated price.

jeffingoff
12-31-2018, 01:30 AM

HA! That's what you get for assuming the best in my intentions!

Ben Staad
01-01-2019, 07:15 PM
Great looking book and fun video, Mr. Jeff.

jeffingoff
01-02-2019, 01:35 AM
Great looking book and fun video, Mr. Jeff.

Thank you! I'm thrilled to add it to my collection.