• Show
Clear All

Did anyone buy the latest CD Grab Bag?

I was tempted, but didn't purchase it.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

I did, descriptions sound intriguing.

Comment

I went for it. It's the first grab bag I've ordered in many years, but as I'm guaranteed all new books that I haven't ordered, it should be worth it.

Comment

I jumped in. I think whoever wrote the description (who writes the descriptions anyway? Brian? Richard? Dan? Mindy?) did a very thorough job of mashing that FOMO button. A NYTimes best-selling author that CD has never published before?! The books they've selected are TOO GOOD to let go at this low of a price?! VERY limited time, HUGE discount, you cannot go wrong?!

Yep. To all of that.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          I jumped in. I think whoever wrote the description (who writes the descriptions anyway? Brian? Richard? Dan? Mindy?) did a very thorough job of mashing that FOMO button. A NYTimes best-selling author that CD has never published before?! The books they've selected are TOO GOOD to let go at this low of a price?! VERY limited time, HUGE discount, you cannot go wrong?!

Yep. To all of that.
          Yea that's Brian.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Yes. I went for it straight away, although, after some recent heavy spending I was absolutely resolved to resist any new purchases for a while. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
              Yes. I went for it straight away, although, after some recent heavy spending I was absolutely resolved to resist any new purchases for a while. Oh well.
              I have given up on those kind of resolutions. It began to feel like every time I resolved to not buy any books someone had a "can't pass up" offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                I have given up on those kind of resolutions. It began to feel like every time I resolved to not buy any books someone had a "can't pass up" offer.
                I know what you and Humphrey Bear mean. For quite a while, I did really well and didn't buy anything major or pricey. Than I saw one or two books-the kind I really dig and within the past two weeks I couldn't resist and gave in when I saw a new release by one of my favorite authors.

I didn't go for this grab bag when I saw the total price including shipping. Last year I got a dinged grab bag from CD and loved it. I think the dinged grab bag was more affordable.

Cap
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Bought it before I even finished the email!

Comment

Working...
                  X