Night Shift remarques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Shift remarques

So far I've been lucky to have all of my Doubleday Artist editions remarqued: Carrie once, 'Salem's Lot and The Shining both twice.
    Needless to say, I'm so hoping to score both remarques for Night Shift as well.

Now over at the Dark Tower forum Brian told us remarque collectors will be contacted first. That's the good news.
    And if I understood correctly, soon.
    That's great news as well.

But....

Chris Odgers will only do 25 remarques - that's half of what Don Maitz did for The Shining.
    And do I ever remember what happened: I was ready to turn in, close to midnight over here, and I decided to check my mail one last time.
    And sure enough.....Mindy's Shining remarque ordering message literally came in at the same time....
    If I would have gone to bed and would have seen the ordering info the next day.....don't even want to go there.

Why this post?
    Well, Brian...Mindy......Dan.....anyone out there in CD land.....
    Could you maybe give an advance notice re the day (if at all possible) when the upgrade offer will go out?
    I would so hate to miss out on the Chris Odgers remarque - and Glenn's as well of course.
    Any help would definitely be appreciated!

sk

You could set up your phone to alert you to Cemetery Dance emails - https://www.techlicious.com/how-to/n...ur-smartphone/

Comment

Thanks, Dave - i was just going to try to work this out, when the e-mail upgrade offer came in.
      Lucky to be able to order both remarques.
      Anyone else here as well??

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
        Thanks, Dave - i was just going to try to work this out, when the e-mail upgrade offer came in.
        Lucky to be able to order both remarques.
        Anyone else here as well??

sk
        I emailed but got no confirmation. I'm assuming I'm SOL.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          I emailed but got no confirmation. I'm assuming I'm SOL.
          Missed the Chris boat.

But it's Glenn again!

Comment

I don't go the remarques myself...I've seen some I like, but I've seen too many I wouldn't have been happy with.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
              I don't go the remarques myself...I've seen some I like, but I've seen too many I wouldn't have been happy with.
              Same here. I can appreciate that there are those who enjoy them, but I've never had an interest in remarques. Not even really sure I understand the purpose...I mean, if it were the author and he/she was talented enough to draw a remarque, that increases the appeal of the book as the sum of the talent of that one individual. I can even see perhaps the enhancement if the remarque artist was also the interior or cover art artist of the work in question, since they were part of the initial creative process. But an author who has nothing to do with the published work other than the remarque -- e.g. Chadbourne and NIGHT SHIFT -- I'm afraid I don't get it.

But I acknowledge I'm likely in the minority...a lot of people seem to love remarques, as evidenced by the clamor for them here and over at TDT.org.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                I'm afraid I don't get it.

But I acknowledge I'm likely in the minority...a lot of people seem to love remarques, as evidenced by the clamor for them here and over at TDT.org.
                Im going remarque all the way through Pet Sematary. And probably Chadbournes. I'm all in. Just because.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  Same here. I can appreciate that there are those who enjoy them, but I've never had an interest in remarques. Not even really sure I understand the purpose...I mean, if it were the author and he/she was talented enough to draw a remarque, that increases the appeal of the book as the sum of the talent of that one individual. I can even see perhaps the enhancement if the remarque artist was also the interior or cover art artist of the work in question, since they were part of the initial creative process. But an author who has nothing to do with the published work other than the remarque -- e.g. Chadbourne and NIGHT SHIFT -- I'm afraid I don't get it.

Chadbourne does provide art for each edition in the Doubleday series. He's creating the art for each of the signature sheets and sometimes others too (like the map of Jerusalem's Lot in 'Salem's Lot). Nonetheless I am passing on his remarques too. I was hoping to get w remarque from each of the interior/cover artists (Night Shift made it difficult having two different artists plus Chadbourne), but I missed out on Ogden. Pretty bummed. Maybe I'll get something in the secondary market.

Comment

I went with the Chadbourne remarque. My plan was similar to Theli's but had to change due to budgetary issues; I like Maitz's and Ogden's art but can't justify the price tag. Kinda wish I'd done Chadbourne on all books to make the set uniform, but ultimately it isn't that big of a deal to me.

As for remarques in general, I like them, but I don't know how many I'll pursue after the Doubleday Years set. I kinda feel that remarques are to books what pools are to houses: if a buyer likes it then it's a perk, but if they don't it's kinda a deal-breaker. There doesn't seem to be a lot of middle ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      I kinda feel that remarques are to books what pools are to houses: if a buyer likes it then it's a perk, but if they don't it's kinda a deal-breaker. There doesn't seem to be a lot of middle ground.
                      That's a good analogy

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        I kinda feel that remarques are to books what pools are to houses: if a buyer likes it then it's a perk, but if they don't it's kinda a deal-breaker. There doesn't seem to be a lot of middle ground.
                        I agree, that is a good analogy. I just think it adds to the limited quality of limited editions. Same as getting matching numbers for sets.

Comment

Working...
                        X