FAFHRD AND THE GRAY MOUSER SWORDS AND DEVILTRY SHIPPING THIS WEEK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAFHRD AND THE GRAY MOUSER SWORDS AND DEVILTRY SHIPPING THIS WEEK

Just a heads up guys. I've really been looking forward to this set, as a lifelong Fantasy fan. Read all the paperbacks when I was a kid. This set looks like it will be something special!
    Mike

Which edition are you getting: the super duper uber-deluxe, the signed edition, or the unsigned? I passed on the signed, but I'm thinking about getting the unsigned as this would be a blind buy for me and I like the price point. Any thoughts? Is this a good series to get in on for a fantasy novice?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Which edition are you getting: the super duper uber-deluxe, the signed edition, or the unsigned? I passed on the signed, but I'm thinking about getting the unsigned as this would be a blind buy for me and I like the price point. Any thoughts? Is this a good series to get in on for a fantasy novice?
      I just ordered the unsigned version (I didn't see the signed one, but I know that there is no way I could afford an 8 book set at what the price was probably at,) but like you said,the price point for the unsigned is quite nice.

I'm familiar with the name somehow, not sure where or why, but I still ended up ordering a copy.

Comment

The signed edition was only available through signing up on a reservation list. I don't think the price was that much more (20 bucks?) but I could be wrong. Still on the fence. These won't last long and the aftermarket price will probably be ridiculous.

Comment

Ahh the secret list. I can't complain, that's how I got my copy of The Girl in a Swing . . .

At $20 more, that would be easy to swallow. Guess that I was expecting a $150 or something, and eight books would be rough. At least they aren't coming out all at the same time. $65 (at least through the newsletter) is a great price.

Just jump off the fence. It's what we do, right?

Comment

The signed edition was ten bucks more than the unsigned (though he's discounted the unsigned edition a further tenner during the preorder window), and all you had to do get the signed was email Jerad last weekend after he sent the newsletter out. Hell, you can probably still email him and ask about it - the order link he sent me still shows stock available.

Edit: Note that the signed edition is only signed by the artist, not Moorcock, which is probably why the price difference is so small.

Comment

Great artist though! I also got the signed edition.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                I just ordered the unsigned version (I didn't see the signed one, but I know that there is no way I could afford an 8 book set at what the price was probably at,) but like you said,the price point for the unsigned is quite nice.

I'm familiar with the name somehow, not sure where or why, but I still ended up ordering a copy.
                He's a great writer and i think he was instrumental in developing modern role playing games. I think D&D was based on his work. Interesting guy. I went with the signed as well.

Comment

Still hanging out on that fence...
                  I'll probably wind up passing...and then probably wind up regretting it later.

Comment

I passed. I love Centipede and I love Leiber's work, but I am not a Fantasy fan, and even less so a sword-and-sorcery fan, so it was a relatively easy pass. I did pick up KEW's set, but that was a bit different, for reasons I admittedly can't qualify.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Since the product page is still up - and shows that there are signed copies available - I went ahead and asked Jerad if I could switch editions. $85 for a signed Centipede book is a pretty sweet deal. Heck, I've paid more for unsigned copies . . .

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                      The signed edition was ten bucks more than the unsigned (though he's discounted the unsigned edition a further tenner during the preorder window), and all you had to do get the signed was email Jerad last weekend after he sent the newsletter out. Hell, you can probably still email him and ask about it - the order link he sent me still shows stock available.

Edit: Note that the signed edition is only signed by the artist, not Moorcock, which is probably why the price difference is so small.

Comment

And the signed editions are sold out. Oh well I'm good with my unsigned copy.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          I passed. I love Centipede and I love Leiber's work, but I am not a Fantasy fan, and even less so a sword-and-sorcery fan, so it was a relatively easy pass. I did pick up KEW's set, but that was a bit different, for reasons I admittedly can't qualify.
                          Probably because Wagner did so much in addition to his Kane books.. Just thinking out loud LOL!! I'm a huge sword and fantasy/ sword and sorcery, so this was a natural pick-up for me.
                          Last edited by mhatchett; 07-31-2017, 09:13 PM.

Comment

^Leiber had quite the prolific writing career as well though. But I think Wagner's reach went further than just his writing. Both are great. Them, Howard and Moorcock are by far the best in the Sword & Sorcery field, in my opinion.

Comment

Just a heads up in case anyone missed the email, Swords Against Death is up for preorder. It's the unsigned edition (as far as I know the signed edition was only offered to people that bought the signed edition of the first one). And for some reason the title at the top of the page is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X