True Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Detective

I'm late to the gate with this one, but I just started watching True Detective last night after borrowing the Blu-ray from a friend. Three episodes in and I am really digging it. McConaughey and Wood Harrelson are top notch in this series. The plot so far seems pretty simple, but it is intriguing and the characters and their development is impossible not to watch.

Crime film/TV fans, and fans of occult/witchcraft stories I think will really enjoy this series, I know I am so far.

I thought it was awesome, Dan! The second season (new story line) was pretty good as well. Can't top season 1 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      I thought it was awesome, Dan! The second season (new story line) was pretty good as well. Can't top season 1 though.
      Interesting. I've heard nothing but bad things about season 2. Season 1 has been on my "to watch" list for a long time now.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        Interesting. I've heard nothing but bad things about season 2. Season 1 has been on my "to watch" list for a long time now.
        You can't go wrong at all with season 1, Dan. Season 2 is more straight forward cop drama I felt. Season 1 had just the right amount of a supernatural feel to it right beneath the surface. Plus Matt and Woody were the dream team for the series. I didn't feel as much if anything at all for the characters in season 2.

Comment

The complaint I've heard most about season 2 is that it's not season 1. It just didn't live up to it. I'll give it a shot when I am done season 1, but I will keep it in mind that it isn't the first season.

I like cop dramas anyway so I'm sure I will find some redeeming value.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
            The complaint I've heard most about season 2 is that it's not season 1. It just didn't live up to it. I'll give it a shot when I am done season 1, but I will keep it in mind that it isn't the first season.

I like cop dramas anyway so I'm sure I will find some redeeming value.
            Yea, Dan. If you go into season 2 with that frame of mind, you'll be fine. I liked it for what it was.

Comment

I absolutely loved season one. One of the best TV shows I have seen. I couldn't get through season two. The actions of the lead characters was just ridiculous. To have a police officer go beat up a school kid for something that happened at his sons school and have no repercussions or to have officers get so drunk that they can't walk straight go to a crime scene and appear completely sober really? I would have been fine with a crime drama for season two. I can suspend reality and common sense to drive a story line but Season two was just bad TV.

Comment

I might be the only one who thinks this, but...sometimes I think season 2 was better than season 1. I do recommend it.

The casting seemed odd (to me) - but everyone did a pretty decent job.

The plot was pretty different from season 1, allowing for a very different arc (I wouldn't have wanted them to try to recreate season 1, and they didn't).
                Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Working...
                X