Adam Nevill's The Ritual being adapted for film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam Nevill's The Ritual being adapted for film

Read this on my Kobo, and it was actually very well done. Now it's coming to a theatre near you!

http://sciencefiction.com/2017/02/03...he-big-screen/

I was rather disappointed with the book as I had problems with it structurally, but I'm actually curious as to what they plan on doing with it. I'm always willing to give it a shot.

Comment

Sure sounded like it would be a good movie layout. I'll check it out somehow.

Also, FWIW - Denis Villeneuve is doing his version of Dune

Comment

I have no experience with Dune save faint memories of the David Lynch flick that I caught bits and pieces of on TV back in the day, but Denis Villeneuve has built up all kinds of good will with his filmography so I will check it out. I am looking forward to his Blade Runner sequel!

Comment

I have a pb of Dune on my bookshelf, that keeps pulling itself out of my hand every time I try to pick my next book to read...... keep doing the "ahh..next time" thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
            I have a pb of Dune on my bookshelf, that keeps pulling itself out of my hand every time I try to pick my next book to read...... keep doing the "ahh..next time" thing.
            I always had a hard time reading Dune. Though I love Dune as a property for whatever reason the book is just hard for me to get into. I very specifically remember loving the SciFi mini series Children of Dune and there was a Dune real time strategy game, which was essentially just a reskin of Command & Conquer that I loved.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I also have a PB copy on my shelf that has yet to be read. It's not high on the list though. I very rarely am in the mood for sci-fi literature.

Comment

Dune, The Stars My Destination and Starship Troopers are the cornerstones of my science fiction collection and even my love of the genre. I reread Dune every few years. I always laugh because it was originally published by Chilton, best known for car repair manuals LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  Dune, The Stars My Destination and Starship Troopers are the cornerstones of my science fiction collection and even my love of the genre. I reread Dune every few years. I always laugh because it was originally published by Chilton, best known for car repair manuals LOL!
                  That's funny about the publisher as I've read a few Chilton "novels" in my day . My wife's the big Sci-Fi junkie in our house and loves the book. I probably wouldn't even attempt to try and read it.

Comment

And further to the original post in this thread, here is the trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G3N0-6-YpA

Comment

That trailer makes me a little more interested in the film. It looks like they are going for a dark comedy vibe ("They should have gone to Las Vegas") which the book most definitely did not have. Curious to see if that dark comedy is only in the marketing or also in the movie itself.

Comment

Working...
                      X