Signed Joe Hill Graphic Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed Joe Hill Graphic Titles

Waterstreet books is taking pre-orders on a couple of signed Joe Hill titles coming out next week.

http://www.waterstreetbooks.com/book/9781631407680
    http://www.waterstreetbooks.com/book/9781631408465

I guess the first link is for signed copies? I do not see anywhere in the Description that it is signed. It does say it is a deluxe hardcover. At that price however I would think it must be signed....

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Both links were for signed copies originally but neither do now. Not sure what happened there.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Both links were for signed copies originally but neither do now. Not sure what happened there.
        I assume that the signed copies sold out and they are now selling the regular unsigned copies.

Comment

This is the response I got after I emailed Water Street books about this. I ordered Joe Hill: The Graphic Novel Collection (Hardcover).
          The way it works is that we order the books in, or set them aside if we have them in stock, and Joe Hill comes in periodically and signs them for customers. So, if you place an order through our website and make a comment in the comment field of the order that you want it signed, and if you want it personalized who he should sign it to, then we'll set it aside for Joe Hill to sign before we ship it to you. All of his books that are currently in print are available.

Cap
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
            This is the response I got after I emailed Water Street books about this. I ordered Joe Hill: The Graphic Novel Collection (Hardcover).
            The way it works is that we order the books in, or set them aside if we have them in stock, and Joe Hill comes in periodically and signs them for customers. So, if you place an order through our website and make a comment in the comment field of the order that you want it signed, and if you want it personalized who he should sign it to, then we'll set it aside for Joe Hill to sign before we ship it to you. All of his books that are currently in print are available.

Cap
            I like that Joe does this. It seems to turn some folks off that he signs so much of his stuff. Keeps said folks from trying to turn a buck on the back of someone else's work IMO. Matter of fact, reminds me I need to order Small World Deluxe.
            Last edited by Brian861; 02-09-2017, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Exactly! His NOS4A2 signing was one of the most fun signings I ever had, and just the fact he was willing to sign whatever and everything was a bonus.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              I like that Joe those this. It seems to turn some folks off that he signs so much of his stuff. Keeps said folks from trying to turn a buck on the back of someone else's work IMO. Matter of fact, reminds me I need to order Small World Deluxe.

Comment

I recall when his identity became known he had someone selling 'signed' items on eBay that he had not signed. He went as far as sending notes out naming the sellers on eBay and saying the items were forged and contacting eBay. I believe he would rather flood the market with real signatures than have people profit from fake ones,

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

Cap
                  Thanks for looking into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    I recall when his identity became known he had someone selling 'signed' items on eBay that he had not signed. He went as far as sending notes out naming the sellers on eBay and saying the items were forged and contacting eBay. I believe he would rather flood the market with real signatures than have people profit from fake ones,
                    That is pretty cool that he'd do that.

Comment

Working...
                    X