HBO's 'The Night Of'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO's 'The Night Of'

Only episode 1 has aired so far but it is one of the best shows I have seen in a long time.

From HBO's Website:
    From creators Steven Zaillian and Richard Price, The Night Of is an eight-part limited series that delves into the intricate story of a fictitious murder case in New York City. The series follows the police investigation and legal proceedings, all the while examining the criminal justice system and the purgatory of Rikers Island, where the accused awaits his trial.

The Night Of stars John Turturro and Riz Ahmed and was directed by Steven Zaillian and James Marsh. It is executive produced by Zaillian, Price, Jane Tranter, James Gandolfini, and Peter Moffat; co-executive produced by Garrett Basch, Nancy Sanders and Mark Armstrong.

Filmed in and around Manhattan, the HBO series is based on the BBC’s “Criminal Justice,” created by Peter Moffat.

Great to hear, Martin as I have it stowed away on my Tivo.

Comment

Finished watching this the other day and absolutely loved it. I wasn't blown away by the first episode, but the series works in layers, slowly peeling things away to reveal something new and different. Such a good show.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        Finished watching this the other day and absolutely loved it. I wasn't blown away by the first episode, but the series works in layers, slowly peeling things away to reveal something new and different. Such a good show.
        They had me with the first episode. Read yesterday that the creators are being allowed to take whatever time they need to make sure season two has the dame punch, The same article also mentioned that, although it would be a new case, John Turturro was expected to be part of season two.

Comment

That's good news. I look forward to whatever comes next!

Comment

Working...
          X