Shannara original trilogy limited editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shannara original trilogy limited editions

If anyone's a fan of the original Shannara trilogy (Sword, Elfstones and Wishsong) they went on sale a couple of hours ago at Grim Oak Press.

They'll be signed by Terry Brooks and artist Marc Simonetti and are leatherbound editions limited and numbered to 1,000. Lettered editions were also available but recipients were chosen by lottery.

Planned release dates are late 2016 for The Sword of Shannara, early 2017 for The Elfstones of Shannara and late 2017 for The Wishsong of Shannara. I haven't read these since I was a kid but they were instrumental in developing my love of books. I'm in for a limited set at $100 apiece.

If you do order, be careful with one aspect. There's a disclaimer saying if you order all three books on one receipt you won't get any of them until the final book is ready to ship, so if you want them when they're printed you need to order each seperately. Details below:

http://grimoakpress.com/2016/04/25/p...-shannara-now/

simonetti-thumbnail-sheaflick.jpg
    Last edited by bugen; 04-26-2016, 05:38 PM. Reason: website order page updated, more detail available
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

I ordered them as one bunch. I hope he's able to match all my numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
      I ordered them as one bunch. I hope he's able to match all my numbers!
      It sounds like he will. I would send an email to confirm.

Comment

Ordered the trilogy as well.
        Plus the lettered set.
        Ouch.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          Ordered the trilogy as well.
          Plus the lettered set.
          Ouch.

sk
          Good for you! I'm a bit jealous but it's nice to know a forum peep was able to get a lettered.

I've got the Easton Press Sword of Shannara book and have seen the newsletter where the entire trilogy was to be produced (back in the day), but as far as I can tell they actually stopped with Sword. Loved that look, though. I hope your set is every bit and more what that E.P. set could have been.
          -John Barth

Comment

Two forum peeps are in for the Lettered editions, I got a confirmation email yesterday morning....yea!

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
              Good for you! I'm a bit jealous but it's nice to know a forum peep was able to get a lettered.

I've got the Easton Press Sword of Shannara book and have seen the newsletter where the entire trilogy was to be produced (back in the day), but as far as I can tell they actually stopped with Sword. Loved that look, though. I hope your set is every bit and more what that E.P. set could have been.
              I hope so too.
              I've never seen a Grim Oak Press book in my life, so production-wise I have no idea what to expect.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by ruderabbit View Post
                I got a confirmation email yesterday morning....yea!
                Great!! Congratulations. That makes two.
                Are you going to order the complete set all at once?
                I did. Does save money: the discount plus less shipping.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by ruderabbit View Post
                  Two forum peeps are in for the Lettered editions, I got a confirmation email yesterday morning....yea!
                  Congratulations! Props to everyone picking these up and hope all of the remaining 50 lettered books are going to members here too. It’s nice mixing in a little high fantasy among us, the Cemetery Dance Horror Force. Would love to see some pictures when it’s all said and done.

No-no, don’t you worry about me, I’ll be (sniff) fine.

Jealousy is both reasonable and belongs to reasonable men, while envy is base and belongs to the base, for the one makes himself get good things by jealousy, while the other does not allow his neighbor to have them through envy.

-Aristotle
                  -John Barth

Comment

I'm battling the "on the fence" monster right now. Thinking seriously about picking these up. I'd love a set of the trilogy but this is such a bad time for this purchase.

I have a great memory of trying to read SWORD one summer on a camping trip and my grandmother decided she needed to check it out to make sure I wasn't reading something inappropriate. She wound up hijacking the book from me and reading the whole thing! I think it was one of the few times or tastes in things crossed paths. Good times!

Comment

Does anybody have any experience with Grim Oak? Never purchased a book from them before and was wondering if anybody had any thoughts or opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        I'm battling the "on the fence" monster right now. Thinking seriously about picking these up. I'd love a set of the trilogy but this is such a bad time for this purchase.

There are 1000, so I would "guess" that they won't sell out terribly fast, but yes, it's just a guess. If you really want them, I would suggest getting at least SWORD. I would expect most people would not buy ELFSTONES and WISHSONG if they can't get SWORD. So maybe getting SWORD will give you a little breathing room for E & W.

***There are no implied or explicit warranties or guaranties in this advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          Does anybody have any experience with Grim Oak? Never purchased a book from them before and was wondering if anybody had any thoughts or opinions?
                          I have a few pre-orders with them, and I ordered the signed "ARC" of Unfettered. They seem pretty decent. Haven't had any specific difficulties. Though I must say it seems to be taking a while for much to happen with their pre-orders (frequent updates like CD and SP provide would be nice) and I'm not so keen on the cost of shipping when they don't ship pre-orders separately...

Comment

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...rd_of_shannara

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                              Great!! Congratulations. That makes two.
                              Are you going to order the complete set all at once?
                              I did. Does save money: the discount plus less shipping.

sk
                              Saving money has never been a strong point, I would like to but, it would cut into my disposable income for more books a bit too hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X