Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Sale: Lettered Prince of Stories and The Revelation

Putting up two Cemetery Dance lettered editions for sale:

The Revelation by Bentley Little (Letter NN)
    Prince of Stories: The Many Worlds of Neil Gaiman by Wagner, Golden and Bissette (Letter PP)

Books have never been read. Those please note that The Revelation has a small bump in the middle edge of the front cover. Prince of Stories has it as well, but to such a degree that you wouldn't even notice unless you ran your finger down the edge of the board. Beyond that, they are in great condition. I'll include pictures in next posts for reference.

PM me if interested. Payment must be made through Paypal.

Prince of Stories:

20160209_152133 (450x800).jpg20160209_152332 (800x450).jpg20160209_152419 (450x800).jpg20160209_152549 (450x800).jpg

Comment

The Revelation:

20160209_152701 (450x800).jpg20160209_152718 (800x450).jpg20160209_152750 (450x800).jpg20160209_152801 (450x800).jpg20160209_152822 (450x800).jpg

Comment

I threw these two up on ebay with low opening bids if anybody is interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Prince-o...IAAOSwZQxW6Koc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Revelati...kAAOSwmmxW6Kj8

Comment

Damn dude, if I'd known you were going to start as low as $10 for The Revelation I would've sent you a PM lol.

I picked up a lettered Prince of Stories as well. The original price was actually $400 when I ordered it, then they reduced it to $300 a bit later after they removed the traycases from a bunch of the lettereds. I picked up mine during one of the 50% off deals and was kinda hoping I'd be able to get a Gaiman signature on it at some point, but I read something about him retiring from tours so it's not looking too likely. It's unfortunate, the guy's probably my favorite fantasist. I might work at this a little though - I think it's still possible.

Gaiman.jpg
          Last edited by bugen; 03-16-2016, 06:27 AM.
          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I think I picked up the Prince of Stories in a grab bag and passed it along to my son. He's a huge Gaiman fan.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
              Damn dude, if I'd known you were going to start as low as $10 for The Revelation I would've sent you a PM lol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17967[/ATTACH]
              Well, the idea is that they'll hopefully get bid up higher than that! I also don't think that I was clear at all in my original post that I was willing to be fairly flexible in the pricing.

I like both books and I'm selling them for different reasons. The Revelation is being sold because I made a rule for myself that I wouldn't go down the rabbit hole of multiple editions of books. I bought the Little books when they were offered as a bundle through CD, but then I thought that a full set of lettered editions would be nice and I'd sell off my matching numbered limited set once it was complete. I still think that having all the lettered editions would be cool, but I don't need them, so I decided to stick with the limited editions. The Prince of Stories I got from a grab bag and it is a beautiful book, but not quite my cup of tea as far as content goes and I need to offset some other purchases (Here's looking at you, Summer of Night).

And I love that illustration!

Comment

Haha, no, I get it, and looks like you're on your way. I was just shocked to see such an awesome starting point!

That Gaiman drawing always did it for me, too. I'm not sure where I first came across it but saved it immediately and whenever I think of the guy that illustration comes to mind. Sean Phillips managed to do some real justice. It's based on this photo but I actually like the drawing more.

Gaiman flaming sword RL.jpg
                “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I agree with you. I like the illustration better than the picture. But that's still a better picture than I've ever taken. I'm notoriously bad at taking pictures, kinda like that episode of Friends when Chandler can't smile...

Comment

Working...
                  X