PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance "Not For Sale" Books

Sock Monkey
12-14-2015, 07:54 PM
Partially inspired by the "CDCC and Grab Bag" thread, I've been thinking about trying to track down all of the "Not For Sale" books that CD has offered. I started compiling a list of books, but I was wondering if anybody knew of some that I've missed. I'm only including the books that were available via clubs or sold as sets.

Not For Sale Cemetery Dance Books:

Cemetery Dance Collectors Club:
1. Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth-Ray Garton (CDCC 1)
2. Dereliction-Ray Garton (CDCC 2)
3. Four Zombies-Lansdale, Skipp, Partridge, Prentiss (CDCC 3)
4. A Good Story and Good Words: The Many Worlds of Stephen King (CDCC 4)
5. The Judas Tree-Simon Clark (CDCC 5)
6. Better Weird (CDCC 6)

Cemetery Dance Book Club:
1. Night Cage-Andrew Harper (CDBC 2008)
2. The Innswich Horror-Edward Lee (CDBC 2008)
3. Four Ghosts-Garton, Hill, Moore, Straub (CDBC 3)
4. Underground-Al Sarrantonio (CDBC 4)
5. Waiting-Rick Hautala (CDBC 4)
6. The Exorcist for the 21st Century-William Peter Blatty (CDBC 2014)
7. Stephen King Limited-Kevin Quigley (CDBC 2014)

Cemetery Dance Exclusive Collector’s Set:
1. The Crane House- (CD Exclusive Collector’s Set)
2. Death Hunt on Ervoon-Ray Garton (CD Exclusive Collector’s Set)
3. The Girl on the Glider-Brian Keen (CD Exclusive Collector’s Set)

Cemetery Dance Exclusive Collector’s Set #2:
1. Jack and Jill-Kealan Patrick Burke (CD Exclusive Collector’s Set #2)
2. Vortex-Ray Garton (CD Exclusive Collector’s Set #2)
3. Four Killers-Garton, Straub, Keene, Lansdale (CD Exclusive Collector’s Set #2)

Cemetery Dance Coupon Book:
1. Shades-Cooper and Keene (CD Coupon Book 2005/2006)
2. Graven Image-Ray Garton (CD Coupon Book 2006/2007)

Unknown Promotion:
1. Crawlers-Ray Garton (Unknown promotion CDBC #2?)

Dan Hocker
12-14-2015, 08:22 PM
I feel like we've given the title for the book for CDCC 5. I don't want to say though in case we haven't. I also feel like this list is missing some, but I don't really have a list anywhere either to compare it against.

bookworm 1
12-14-2015, 11:27 PM
2008 book club book. Edward Lee The Innswitch Horror.

Sock Monkey
12-14-2015, 11:45 PM
2008 book club book. Edward Lee The Innswitch Horror.

Thanks! I've updated the list above. :)

Martin
12-15-2015, 02:14 AM
Great list. Not sure if you want to add promotional chap books.

srboone
12-15-2015, 04:25 AM
Very nice list! I've got 7 of those titles and will be getting 3 others.

saginawhorror
12-15-2015, 11:23 AM
According to my records CDCC 5 exclusive title was The Judas Tree by Simon Clark

zachip
12-15-2015, 11:41 AM
what about Four Halloweens 1 + 2

Theli
12-15-2015, 01:26 PM
what about Four Halloweens 1 + 2

They were both available, just for a limited time. I think the lettered edition of Four Halloween was available to purchase for quite a while actually, the numbered for both were only on sale for 4 days though.

Dan Hocker
12-15-2015, 02:58 PM
According to my records CDCC 5 exclusive title was The Judas Tree by Simon Clark

Yep that's the one. Couldn't remember if we announced the title or not.

Dan Hocker
12-15-2015, 02:58 PM
They were both available, just for a limited time. I think the lettered edition of Four Halloween was available to purchase for quite a while actually, the numbered for both were only on sale for 4 days though.

This is correct.

Sock Monkey
12-15-2015, 04:25 PM
Martin, I thought about the promotional chapbooks, but since CD already has them listed separately on their website for reference, I figured their inclusion here would be superfluous.

Saginawhorror, thanks for the name of the Simon Clark book! The list has been duly updated.

Zachip, I thought about doing a subcategory for books that were available under a specific promotion like Four Halloweens, but since they were "for sale" to the general public, I decided against it.

I included the Exclusive Collector's Set books because they were issued without a retail price and only available as a set. I wasn't around when those two sets were offered, but I assume that they were offered to the public. Since they were "for sale" like the Four Halloween books, maybe they shouldn't be included on the list? Any thoughts?

Martin
12-15-2015, 04:53 PM
Just for clarification, I believe the lettered editions of all the 'Not for Sale' books were offered for sale. I believe the 'Not for Sale' label was for the limited editions.

RonClinton
12-15-2015, 05:05 PM
Underground-Al Sarrantonio (CDBC 4)

I don't do the Book Clubs...has #4 come out? Wondering if these two books are out now or...?

Martin
12-15-2015, 05:15 PM
Underground-Al Sarrantonio (CDBC 4)

I don't do the Book Clubs...has #4 come out? Wondering if these two books are out now or...?

I received Underground yesterday and show Waiting as still on backorder.

Dan Hocker
12-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Yea Waiting isn't out yet.

RonClinton
12-15-2015, 05:23 PM
Thanks -- time for me to start haunting eBay for UNDERGROUND. I loved SKELETONS, and if memory serves this is a sequel (of sorts?) to it.

BETTER WEIRD will be another book I'll need to hunt down as well, when it hits the streets.

TJCams
02-24-2016, 07:45 PM
Being in CDCC4 & 6 - I have these coming to me.

I was lucky to be able to get my hands on Four Ghosts and The Crane House recently as well. :) Which are pretty much the 2 I would have wanted on this list. Although Jack and Jill would be a good one to have too!

Brian James Freeman
02-27-2018, 05:25 PM
This list may not be complete, but I've been meaning to make sections on the site for these two categories for years... please let me know if I've missed anything!

* "NOT FOR SALE" BOOKS:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/not-for-sale-books.html

* LIMITED TIME ONLY "PREORDER ONLY" BOOKS:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/preorder-only-special-editions.html

Brian

jeffingoff
02-27-2018, 05:38 PM
This list may not be complete, but I've been meaning to make sections on the site for these two categories for years... please let me know if I've missed anything!

* "NOT FOR SALE" BOOKS:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/not-for-sale-books.html

* LIMITED TIME ONLY "PREORDER ONLY" BOOKS:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/preorder-only-special-editions.html

Brian

I don't know if you've missed anything and I think it's cool to see these exclusives, but what are you aiming to get from having these two sections? As incentive for people to join CDCC?

Brian James Freeman
02-27-2018, 05:55 PM
I don't know if you've missed anything and I think it's cool to see these exclusives, but what are you aiming to get from having these two sections? As incentive for people to join CDCC?

No real goal other than the fact that I can no longer remember the entire list in my head, so it gives me a place to reference on the site. :)

Brian

jeffingoff
02-27-2018, 06:12 PM
No real goal other than the fact that I can no longer remember the entire list in my head, so it gives me a place to reference on the site. :)

Brian

:D good enough!

Martin
02-27-2018, 06:17 PM
Love having those listed out on the website, Thanks Brian!

Br!an
09-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Love having those listed out on the website, Thanks Brian!

Me too.