Cemetery Dance Book Club 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cemetery Dance Book Club 7

Hey guys, I just got an email about the latest book club and I'm a bit confused. The email includes this bit:

"Not everyone in the Book Club will be receiving the exact same books, so if we email you to say a Book Club selection is shipping to you, please be aware that other members may not be receiving that same title if you post publicly about it."

Can you expand on that? I don't quite understand why there would be different books sent out since membership was capped and it wouldn't make sense to include books that either did not have enough unsold copies left or the print run was not large enough to accommodate all members. It also seems like having members get different sets of books leaves the door wide open for potentially unhappy customers (unless we get to pick which books we get, which doesn't seem to be the case).

I thought that that wording was weird too.

Comment

I thought everyone would be getting the same books. Really just hoping I get some books I like since I bought into this blindly not knowing what was coming.

Comment

There were three slots where we wouldn't have enough books for every member.

For two of those titles, we substituted two previous Not For Sale books that those 25 customers did not have on order that we have extras of due to cancellations. We also did that same substitution for members of a particular series subscription, so they would not receive duplicates.

For the third slot, we split two books between the membership, so 100 people receive one title and 100 receive the other. Those were automatically assigned based on when you ordered and no preorders were checked.

We did this extra work to make the membership more rewarding for everyone. It took nearly 30 hours of work to make those substitutions, but we think it will make the deal even better for our collectors!

Brian
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
          There were three slots where we wouldn't have enough books for every member.

For two of those titles, we substituted two previous Not For Sale books that those 25 customers did not have on order that we have extras of due to cancellations. We also did that same substitution for members of a particular series subscription, so they would not receive duplicates.

For the third slot, we split two books between the membership, so 100 people receive one title and 100 receive the other. Those were automatically assigned based on when you ordered and no preorders were checked.

We did this extra work to make the membership more rewarding for everyone. It took nearly 30 hours of work to make those substitutions, but we think it will make the deal even better for our collectors!

Brian

Thanks for the effort Brian. CD always goes above and beyond!!

Comment

Personally, I'm stoked about two of the announced books . This is my first time buying into it so honestly I'm just looking forward to being surprised. My thought when I bought into it was the thrill of the unknowns lurking inside of said box. A duplicate kinda would suck but I can always try to pawn it off on one you poor saps or eBay or maybe even a trade if someone wanted a book someone else got and vise-versa. You know, kinda like old school lunch trades. "What did your mom (CD) give you, wanna trade?"

Comment

I purchase all the book clubs and many of the grab bags. I have received a handful of duplicates over the years. However that number pales in comparison of the number of fantastic authors I have been introduced to by getting books I would otherwise not have ordered. Discovering authors like Kealan Patrick Burke, Simon Clark, Ed Gorman, Brian Keene and Ronald Kelly to name a few make these offers irresistible to me!

Comment

This is the first time that one been able to purchase this offering. I know that I'll end up with a bunch of books from authors that I've either never heard of, or haven't read before. But I'm ok with that and am excited about the opportunity to meet new authors.

And to think - a few years ago I was worried about running out of things to read.

Comment

I have enjoyed the book club in the past. I like this way of doing it. Lots of extra work for the Cemetery Dance staff but they are great people who are always looking out for their customers. I have only missed the first book club. I also have been introduced to many new writers through the book club. Two are now must read authors for me. Edward Lee and Ray Garton.

Comment

Ray Garton and Simon Clark are my two favorite authors discovered through CD

Comment

Thanks, Brian, for the clarification in regards to the book club! I'm also very excited about the email received yesterday. I agree with everyone else in saying that the book clubs are some of the best deals around. Kealan Patrick Burke is by far my favorite author that I've found through Cemetery Dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        Thanks, Brian, for the clarification in regards to the book club!
                        No problem! We should have been more clear in the note, but for some reason I thought we had sent out what I said above in a previous update, but apparently I just MEANT to do that and forgot, hence the truncated and confusing wording.

Brian
                        Brian James Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                          No problem! We should have been more clear in the note, but for some reason I thought we had sent out what I said above in a previous update, but apparently I just MEANT to do that and forgot, hence the truncated and confusing wording.

Brian
                          i believe it was mentioned by you on the TDT forum but never sent out in an email. Considering all the ways you have to communicate the information I am shocked there is not more confusion. Kudo's to the entire CD team on always making an effort to get the info out their!
                          Last edited by Martin; 12-15-2015, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Got my shipping notice today for the book club. Very pleased and a little confused. Love the selections except for 2. No not because I don't want them but the wording on what they are is a bit confusing. Can't wait to see what is in the box and figure out what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                              Got my shipping notice today for the book club. Very pleased and a little confused. Love the selections except for 2. No not because I don't want them but the wording on what they are is a bit confusing. Can't wait to see what is in the box and figure out what they are.
                              Ha, email me your shipping confirmation at [email protected] or PM it to me here and I can probably figure those two out for you!

Brian
                              Brian James Freeman

Comment

Working...
                              X