PDA

View Full Version : CEMETERY DANCE COLLECTORS CLUB

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

frik51
09-25-2015, 06:48 PM
I stole this post to name this thread the "Offical thread for all of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Clubs. Sorry for editing the original post, but that's pretty much what this thread has become anyways.

-Dan

I need some help here. When I first read about this, I was tempted to join, but I passed.
This afternoon I received an e-mail again showcasing the pros of joining this Collector's Club.
Of course, this was all very tempting and join I did.
Now I actually have no idea what to expect. The CD website explained things in detail and it did sound like a great deal, but how many here actually have joined as well because of previous Collectors Club experience?
If so, please do tell.
Thanks,

sk

TJCams
09-25-2015, 07:01 PM
I would love to join, but right now, it's not in my budget. I was in CDCC4 and it was fantastic - even just for the exclusive deals alone, never mind the trinkets, and items/books included with it.

Sock Monkey
09-25-2015, 08:15 PM
This will be my fifth year in the CDCC and I consider it a "mandatory" purchase. My excitement for the book offered varies from year to year, but that's to be expected. I'm pretty excited about this one though. In my opinion, if a person buys a fair amount of books from CD then it is probably the best deal going with the advance notification, discounts, and 50% Off Gift Certificates that are only offered to the CDCC. I buy a whole lot of what CD publishes and also take advantage of some of the discounts offered on Sub Press books as well, so I always find the club worth it and have never been disappointed.

bookworm 1
09-25-2015, 11:29 PM
I have been in every one. I agree that this is mandatory. Without the cdcc and the discounts I would not have gotten a signed numbered copy of Blue World from Subterranean Press. Also would have missed out on the latest Joe R. Lansdale book. I don't use every coupon but with all the perks and the exclusive book or books it is well worth it.

frik51
09-26-2015, 04:34 AM
Thanks everyone for your input. Sounds like I made the right choice to join.
I do have one question: these 50% Off Gift Certificates, how exactly does this work? You buy the certificates and then get 50% off whatever purchases you make?
How much should I expect to pay for these certificates?

sk

Joe315
09-26-2015, 07:52 AM
Thanks everyone for your input. Sounds like I made the right choice to join.
I do have one question: these 50% Off Gift Certificates, how exactly does this work? You buy the certificates and then get 50% off whatever purchases you make?
How much should I expect to pay for these certificates?

sk

The certificates themselves are 50% off. So a $500 certificate only costs $250.

frik51
09-26-2015, 08:09 AM
Still not sure if I get this.
Say, I buy a $500.00 gift certificate. I pay $250.00. That part I get.
Then CD is selling a great upcoming King limited edition for $500.00. I want one (of course) and order it with the certificate.
By George, I think I got it. :)

Thank you for your input!!

Now I do have one more question: for how long are these certificates valid?

sk

Martin
09-26-2015, 11:46 AM
Then CD is selling a great upcoming King limited edition for $500.00. I want one (of course) and order it with the certificate.

sk

You would also get the discount offered to the members of the CDCC, yes they have offered CDCC discounts on King titles. The Gift Certificates have no expiration but are typically offered only once a year at the 50% off price.

Dan Hocker
09-28-2015, 02:22 PM

sk

I think the wording here is what's confusing you. It's not a 50% off $500 certificicate. What you would be purchasing is a $500 gift certificate for %50 percent off. So basically you are buying store credit for half off, when we offer that particular deal to the CDCC.

frik51
09-30-2015, 04:56 PM
Thank you, Dan, for making this even more confusing..:p
I thought I had it...

Back to the $500.00 gift certificate.
I buy this and pay $500.00. I think.
Then there's the next King limited, for sale for $500.00.
I use my gift certificate and pay (another) $250.00.
So now I paid $750.00 for a $500.00 book.
Great deal guys.....:)

Now I understand how my students feel when I explain something over and over again and they still don't get it.....

sk

Brian James Freeman
09-30-2015, 05:02 PM

HA!

So once a year, we email the CDCC a 50% off coupon code that can be used to purchase Gift Certificates. For example, you could buy a $500 Gift Certificate for $250. Then you'll have $500 in credit with us, essentially. So if a $500 book comes along that you want, you use your certificate and it's like you only paid $250 for the book since you only paid $250 for the certificate. (Or, of course, you could buy lots of $40 and $50 books until you use up all $500 on the Gift Certificate, but the end result is the same...!)

Brian

Dan Hocker
09-30-2015, 05:09 PM
HA! I swear it's simple.

You are buying "Store Credit" or "Gift Certificates" for 50% off. So you want a $500 gift certificate, that'll cost you $250.

Brian861
09-30-2015, 05:24 PM
My head hurts :confused:. May I be excused now?

frik51
09-30-2015, 06:00 PM
So once a year, we email the CDCC a 50% off coupon code that can be used to purchase Gift Certificates. For example, you could buy a $500 Gift Certificate for $250.

Yes!! That's what I originally thought.
Got it now, again.

Thanks, Brian.

sk

bookworm 1
09-30-2015, 08:49 PM
I didn't know that they taught common core math in your country. :o.....seriously this discussion was like trying to help my kids with the " new math" when they were younger. Glad this was finally cleared up.......I hope.
I thought I had it...

Back to the $500.00 gift certificate.
I buy this and pay $500.00. I think.
Then there's the next King limited, for sale for $500.00.
I use my gift certificate and pay (another) $250.00.
So now I paid $750.00 for a $500.00 book.
Great deal guys.....:)

Now I understand how my students feel when I explain something over and over again and they still don't get it.....

sk

frik51
10-01-2015, 02:26 PM
It was!! :)

sk

Brian861
10-07-2015, 02:19 AM
CDCC, you are truly the devil's spawn!!

Martin
10-07-2015, 03:38 AM
CDCC, you are truly the devil's spawn!!

Spent some money today that you weren't planning to spend on something you weren't planning to buy. Welcome to the CDCC!

Sock Monkey
10-07-2015, 06:00 AM
Spent some money today that you weren't planning to spend on something you weren't planning to buy. Welcome to the CDCC!

No truer words have ever been spoken (or typed )! That pretty much sums up the last four years of CDCC membership for me. Though I am proud of myself; I didn't go for any of the emails sent today.

Brian861
10-07-2015, 07:17 AM

No truer words have ever been spoken (or typed )! That pretty much sums up the last four years of CDCC membership for me. Though I am proud of myself; I didn't go for any of the emails sent today.

Yes Martin. Because I can't be expected to be responsible for my own actions. Therefore I lay blame at the feet of this hideous, yet beautiful beast, know as the CDCC. Never mind the fact that I was neither forced to join nor crumble under the tempting prose which lies within its emails. I too have refrained from most of it's offerings. Yet I feel my resistance growing thin and my wallet becoming ever so that must lighter........

Brian861
10-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Spoils of my very first CDCC order. And how appropriate that they should arrive on the 13th :D. Slight damage to 3 of the titles though :(

bugen
10-13-2015, 07:55 PM
Wow, you got some great books there!

Brian861
10-13-2015, 09:29 PM
Thanks! Luck of the draw but it turned out well I thought.

Martin
10-26-2015, 11:51 PM
Loved today's offer!

TJCams
01-20-2016, 05:38 PM
I was able to get in on this after all, with the recent email.

I am wondering though....how many offers did I miss with my late joining, since this started in Sept I believe.

Brian James Freeman
01-20-2016, 05:51 PM

I am wondering though....how many offers did I miss with my late joining, since this started in Sept I believe.

Looks like 38 emails by my count. I think you might love the member only emails the next few weeks, though. It was a good time to join!

Brian

TJCams
01-20-2016, 07:43 PM
Looks like 38 emails by my count. I think you might love the member only emails the next few weeks, though. It was a good time to join!

Brian

Wow....damn! But yes......I believe I just got the first of those emails you mentioned. Just hoping I didn't miss out on anything too special!

Martin
01-20-2016, 08:07 PM

By my calculation you saved about $400 by signing up late. Your results may vary!

Brian James Freeman
01-20-2016, 08:25 PM
By my calculation you saved about $400 by signing up late. Your results may vary!

HA!

Brian861
01-21-2016, 10:23 AM

Brian

No doubt!

LOL, Martin! I haven't actually saved a dime with the CDCC! A bit of a confusing statement I'll admit so let me clarify. I don't save any money because I end up buying almost everything that is offered! LOL. What I really like about the CDCC is the heads up you get on projects so you can decide if you want to get in on the ground floor so to speak or think it over until the general announcement is made. The other huge draw for me is that the discounts offered usually cover what I'd pay in shipping. So (in my mind anyway) it's like getting free shipping on everything I order and then some depending on the discount. I always go with UPS shipping unless the only choice is priority via USPS (usually on slipcases and such). My first ever order was via media mail and it arrived damaged. I cried on Mindy's shoulder and she did me a solid by offering me another copy at a reduced price. Something she didn't have to do per the media mail advisement in the shipping FAQ. So long story even longer; my first experience being bad with CD turned out really well, and so I thought it only fair to order with the proper shipping option to cover me as the purchaser and CD as the merchant. That's the reason the CDCC is a win-win for me and I'll sign up each and every year it's offered.

Martin
01-21-2016, 03:44 PM
No doubt!

LOL, Martin! I haven't actually saved a dime with the CDCC! A bit of a confusing statement I'll admit so let me clarify. I don't save any money because I end up buying almost everything that is offered! LOL. What I really like about the CDCC is the heads up you get on projects so you can decide if you want to get in on the ground floor so to speak or think it over until the general announcement is made. The other huge draw for me is that the discounts offered usually cover what I'd pay in shipping. So (in my mind anyway) it's like getting free shipping on everything I order and then some depending on the discount. I always go with UPS shipping unless the only choice is priority via USPS (usually on slipcases and such). My first ever order was via media mail and it arrived damaged. I cried on Mindy's shoulder and she did me a solid by offering me another copy at a reduced price. Something she didn't have to do per the media mail advisement in the shipping FAQ. So long story even longer; my first experience being bad with CD turned out really well, and so I thought it only fair to order with the proper shipping option to cover me as the purchaser and CD as the merchant. That's the reason the CDCC is a win-win for me and I'll sign up each and every year it's offered.

Actually Brian I was stating the amount of money I would not have spent had I not received the emails. Although the discounts are nice and I often buy items I would buy anyways it is the oddball 'look what we found' offers that I spend the most on. I have had good experiences with Media Mail so I continue to use it. I have boxes damaged in shipping but the books were packed well enough to be unscathed. I have had a few issues with the product in the shipment (not shipping related) and Mindy has always taken care of me. I have been buying from CD long enough I can remember Kelly Laymon helping me out with some issues as well. Everyone at CD past and present have always made sure things were to my satisfaction!

Brian861
01-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Actually Brian I was stating the amount of money I would not have spent had I not received the emails. Although the discounts are nice and I often buy items I would buy anyways it is the oddball 'look what we found' offers that I spend the most on. I have had good experiences with Media Mail so I continue to use it. I have boxes damaged in shipping but the books were packed well enough to be unscathed. I have had a few issues with the product in the shipment (not shipping related) and Mindy has always taken care of me. I have been buying from CD long enough I can remember Kelly Laymon helping me out with some issues as well. Everyone at CD past and present have always made sure things were to my satisfaction!

I knew what ya meant, brother :). And you're exactly right! Just backing your play....

TJCams
02-02-2016, 06:02 PM
You guys are pretty lucky. It's tough to jump on stuff with the CDN dollar being what it is right now. As an example...if there was an offer I really liked that was say....$100USD - my cost is actually like $142.00CDN!!!!! + shipping too (even though I have a US address I can ship to, I still have to convert currency) :(

Brian861
02-03-2016, 06:43 AM
Between paydays sucks, too :( but you're pain is a tad more severe I'd agree. Trying to find reasonable shipping from the UK ain't no joke either.

Dan Hocker
02-03-2016, 03:14 PM
Between paydays sucks, too :( but you're pain is a tad more severe I'd agree. Trying to find reasonable shipping from the UK ain't no joke either.

Shipping from the UK is bad, shipping to the UK / anywhere other than Canada is worse. The USPS postal rate for shipping over seas is outrageous.

TJCams
02-03-2016, 04:07 PM
It's like losing 40%! Being in a border city - that's good - it attracts visitors and investment, but for buying things in USD....ouch!

Martin
02-04-2016, 05:20 AM
One of my goals is to reduce my total book count this year. The CDCC is making that a very unrealistic goal!

Brian861
02-04-2016, 08:10 AM
Shipping from the UK is bad, shipping to the UK / anywhere other than Canada is worse. The USPS postal rate for shipping over seas is outrageous.

Tell me about it, Dan. I just sold 3 DT 1st/1st to a gentleman in Oz and he paid through the nose for shipping. Ouch! In my attempt to collect UK King 1st/1st; I'm trying desperately to find the most books I can from one seller in order to reduce post charges via combined shipping.

One of my goals is to reduce my total book count this year. The CDCC is making that a very unrealistic goal!

Concur!

peteOcha
02-04-2016, 12:37 PM

USPS is killing me. I have to get things on the aftermarket a lot of the time because the shipping costs are just too high.

TJCams
02-04-2016, 12:57 PM
You'd be surprised at the difference shipping is when comparing shipping from CD to US ( I have that option (luxury?)) or to my actual home address in Canada (and these locations are basically 15 minute drive apart). That part I don't mind, but when our dollar (CDN) went from about par with the USD maybe 2 years ago, to only being $.70 (1.4 multiplier approx), it hurts! As peteOcha said, I do look at aftermarket, or just standard versions of some books via the used online shops (or local used stores).

Dan Hocker
02-04-2016, 03:00 PM
You'd be surprised at the difference shipping is when comparing shipping from CD to US ( I have that option (luxury?)) or to my actual home address in Canada (and these locations are basically 15 minute drive apart). That part I don't mind, but when our dollar (CDN) went from about par with the USD maybe 2 years ago, to only being $.70 (1.4 multiplier approx), it hurts! As peteOcha said, I do look at aftermarket, or just standard versions of some books via the used online shops (or local used stores).

What's even crazier about the shipping costs is. It costs almost twice as much to ship something from the US to the UK as it does from the UK to the US. It blows my mind.

One eyed cat
02-22-2016, 06:26 PM
Took advantage of today's offering, pretty psyched on the collector's club.

TJCams
02-24-2016, 07:55 PM

Brian

Damn it was a good time to join! I only took advantage of 1 of them.....and let me say this, I was very happy!

Martin
02-24-2016, 09:19 PM
Damn it was a good time to join! I only took advantage of 1 of them.....and let me say this, I was very happy!

What did you pick up? I showed great restraint and only added the Darknell Double from Lonely Road books!

TJCams
02-24-2016, 10:04 PM
Grabbed a grab bag. Got all titles I didn't own too!

Martin
02-24-2016, 10:23 PM
Grabbed a grab bag. Got all titles I didn't own too!

Fantastic!

Brian861
02-25-2016, 03:08 PM
Good for you, Jamie!

uturnfilms
03-30-2016, 08:51 PM
Just doublechecking- did the issue with the recent offer get fixed? Just making sure I didn't pass up the email. Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
03-30-2016, 09:20 PM
Just doublechecking- did the issue with the recent offer get fixed? Just making sure I didn't pass up the email. Thanks!

Still working on it!

frik51
04-03-2016, 11:06 AM
Glad the problem was fixed. This offer was my sole reason (practically) for joining the CDCC and I'm so glad I saved up for this. I still couldn't really afford to participate, but also had some friends helping out. Anyways....Hopefully there will be a new CD King limited announced soon.
I'm all set!

sk

frik51
04-05-2016, 02:37 PM
So now what happens?
The 24-hour period has expired quite some time ago, the certificates were purchased, but I have no idea what's next.
I assume we'll be receiving some kind of code?
Anyone any idea when this will happen??

sk

Dan Hocker
04-05-2016, 02:56 PM
So now what happens?
The 24-hour period has expired quite some time ago, the certificates were purchased, but I have no idea what's next.

sk

If you didn't get an email with your code, email Mindy and she can look it up for you. Occasionally the system glitches and never sends the second email with the code.

Brian James Freeman
04-05-2016, 02:56 PM
So now what happens?

sk

Yes, the codes are usually emailed automatically by the system, but sometimes it gets confused when a coupon is used to purchase a Gift Certificate and it does NOT send that email with your code. The code IS in our system, so you just need to reply to your order confirmation email and let Mindy know the system never emailed you the Gift Certificate(s). She'll get you the information!

Brian

frik51
04-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Thanks, Brian, will do so right away.

sk

frik51
04-07-2016, 04:58 PM
Got my certificates, Brian. A huge thanks to CD, and especially to Mindy, who's doing an amazing job!

But - now I do have one more question:
I ordered a number of certificates - each their own code.
Now how can I order a particular book when I need more than one certificate to pay with?
Does the system take more than one certificate for one item??

Hope someone (Brian?? Dan?? Anyone who made use of these certificates before) can shed some light on this.

sk

Sock Monkey
04-07-2016, 08:43 PM
Yeah, you can just keep plugging in the certificate codes. Coupon codes only take one. It's a little more work if you have smaller denomination certificates, but I've never had any issues.

Brian James Freeman
04-07-2016, 09:44 PM
Yeah, you can just keep plugging in the certificate codes. Coupon codes only take one. It's a little more work if you have smaller denomination certificates, but I've never had any issues.

Yep, exactly! Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
04-07-2016, 09:45 PM
CDCC 6 members... email coming this evening... shhhhhhhh.... :cool:

Martin
04-07-2016, 10:15 PM

Received and ordered, I love the CDCC!

Joe315
04-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Received and ordered, I love the CDCC!

Me too but forgot to use the coupon! :eek:

Brian James Freeman
04-07-2016, 10:39 PM
Me too but forgot to use the coupon! :eek:

Just reply to your order confirmation email and let Mindy know, she'll fix it for you!

Joe315
04-08-2016, 05:32 AM
Just reply to your order confirmation email and let Mindy know, she'll fix it for you!

Sweet! Will do, thanks Brian.

Brian861
04-08-2016, 09:40 AM

Wish granted! :). Thanks CD gang!

frik51
04-08-2016, 12:16 PM

Excellent - THANKS!

Now one more thing - what about if you use a certificate with a higher denomination than the actual book?
Say, you use a $100.00 certificate for $50.00 book?
Then the certificate is still good for the remaining $50.00 and it can be used again??
Please excuse my ignorance guys...:)

sk

Sock Monkey
04-08-2016, 01:53 PM
Yep, you will be able to continue reusing the gift certificate until the entire balance is depleted. You can also check to see what balance is left on a certificate if you sign in on the CD site. It will take you to MY ACCOUNT and there will be a field you can enter the certificate code in to see what balance remains. This is especially helpful if you're like me and forget which codes you've used and which ones you haven't.

frik51
04-09-2016, 05:31 AM
Again, Thank You for this information.
Think I'm all set for the next CD King limited edition.
(Bill Hodges set, published as a single volume? That would be awesome!!)

sk

Brian861
04-09-2016, 08:59 AM
Again, Thank You for this information.
Think I'm all set for the next CD King limited edition.
(Bill Hodges set, published as a single volume? That would be awesome!!)

sk

Would be a beast of a book no doubt.

frik51
04-09-2016, 01:25 PM
Okay, a slip-/traycased set of three books would be fine with me as well.
I just do hope something is in the works!

sk

Martin
04-21-2016, 08:28 PM
Got a shipping notice for many of the CDCC trinkets:
* CD Winter Hat
* Drawstring Backpack
* CD Lanyard
* CD Magnetic Bookmark
* CD Koozie

Looking forward to seeing what CD has come up with!

Brian861
04-22-2016, 10:05 AM
Got a shipping notice for many of the CDCC trinkets:
* CD Winter Hat
* Drawstring Backpack
* CD Lanyard
* CD Magnetic Bookmark
* CD Koozie

Looking forward to seeing what CD has come up with!

Did you also get the email, Martin in regards to the car magnet shipping with the book in June?

Martin
04-22-2016, 02:02 PM
Did you also get the email, Martin in regards to the car magnet shipping with the book in June?

Yes I did but it was not on my shipped invoice.

Brian861
04-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Yes I did but it was not on my shipped invoice.

Ok, thanks. I believe the email I received stated that it might be listed on the invoice in error and will be shipped with the book in June. But haven't received a shipping notice yet though for the trinkets. I'm sure the same email probably went out to all CDCC members since you confirmed receipt of yours.

Martin
04-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Ok, thanks. I believe the email I received stated that it might be listed on the invoice in error and will be shipped with the book in June. But haven't received a shipping notice yet though for the trinkets. I'm sure the same email probably went out to all CDCC members since you confirmed receipt of yours.

I would assume the magnet email went to everyone who had purchased and the shipping notices will go out as batches of shipments are released.

Brian861
04-22-2016, 06:30 PM
I would assume the magnet email went to everyone who had purchased and the shipping notices will go out as batches of shipments are released.

Agreed.

TJCams
04-22-2016, 08:24 PM
Got my notice yesterday too. Looking forward to the stash of goodies!

Martin
04-22-2016, 09:08 PM
My trinkets are scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

Brian861
04-22-2016, 09:29 PM
I guess I spoke too soon, lol. Literally just got my notice for a Tuesday delivery :)

Martin
04-22-2016, 09:34 PM
I guess I spoke too soon, lol. Literally just got my notice for a Tuesday delivery :)

:cool:

Sock Monkey
04-23-2016, 02:11 PM
Mine is supposed to be here on Thursday. Looking forward to it!

bookworm 1
04-27-2016, 01:07 AM
Got my stuff on Saturday. Love the pack and the hat.and the lanyard and the .....well liked it all.

Sock Monkey
04-29-2016, 04:20 AM
Got my CDCC stuff today and I really like all of it. I especially like the beanie. Gotta love the CDCC!

Brian861
05-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Well, I told myself I was going to reduce my collection and refocus my efforts on what my goals really are. I'm still telling myself that now as I've taken up CD on their last 3 CDCC announcements. But hey, I saved on shipping cost, right? :o

Martin
05-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Well, I told myself I was going to reduce my collection and refocus my efforts on what my goals really are. I'm still telling myself that now as I've taken up CD on their last 3 CDCC announcements. But hey, I saved on shipping cost, right? :o

I feel your pain. My goal this year is to end the year with fewer book than I started with. I too jumped on the last three offers! Man the CDCC makes reducing inventory difficult. I do like the slipcase options and hope they do more of that.

Brian James Freeman
05-05-2016, 03:49 PM
I feel your pain. My goal this year is to end the year with fewer book than I started with. I too jumped on the last three offers! Man the CDCC makes reducing inventory difficult. I do like the slipcase options and hope they do more of that.

Well, I know I'm biased, but I think you made a good decision with those three books. :) Also, I hope we can offer slipcases more often. Sales for these three books will help determine whether this approach works for us. Fingers crossed because I love slipcases!

Brian

Martin
05-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Well, I know I'm biased, but I think you made a good decision with those three books. :) Also, I hope we can offer slipcases more often. Sales for these three books will help determine whether this approach works for us. Fingers crossed because I love slipcases!

Brian

I know I am a small sample but you got three orders all with slipcases from me.

Brian861
05-05-2016, 07:32 PM
I know I am a small sample but you got three orders all with slipcases from me.

A total of 6 slipcase orders so far counting mine :). I too am a slipcase fiend. Pretty much what sold me on them and at a very reachable price for each IMO.

ruderabbit
05-07-2016, 09:05 PM
Yep, all three with cases for me

ruderabbit
05-07-2016, 09:10 PM

Wait, wait, wait, just a gosh darn minute!

We have to have focus and goals....what the hell?!?

You're telling me I've been doing this shit wrong for fifteen years now.

Now they freakin tell me. Four thousand some odd books later....JFC on a stick.

Ha!

~Mark

Martin
05-07-2016, 09:46 PM

Ha!

~Mark

In my case I have them but fail to stick to them. I am solidly focused on my goal until I get the CDCC email, then I am like puppy who spotted a butterfly!

ruderabbit
05-08-2016, 12:23 AM
In my case I have them but fail to stick to them. I am solidly focused on my goal until I get the CDCC email, then I am like puppy who spotted a butterfly!

Oh look, something sparkly

Martin
05-08-2016, 05:11 AM

Exactly.

Brian861
05-08-2016, 07:33 AM

Ha!

~Mark

Ditto, my friends, Ditto. Ok, Mark. I don't feel so bad now about an impulse buy and there lol.

bookworm 1
05-09-2016, 01:21 AM
I was very good and passed on all three offers. It's easy when you work long days and don't check email for a few days. Wasn't as upset about missing out on the offers as I might have been a few years ago. Still love collecting limited editions but am limiting the authors I get right now.

ruderabbit
05-09-2016, 04:15 AM
Exactly.

Sparkly objects, string, signed limited, signed lettered, artist edition, its all the same thing...gotta have it. :confused:

ruderabbit
05-09-2016, 04:39 AM
Ditto, my friends, Ditto. Ok, Mark. I don't feel so bad now about an impulse buy and there lol.

How long have you been collecting now? Still a fairly recent thing yes? Mostly King and Cemetery Dance if I'm not mistaken.

Those are pretty good items to focus on. It gets very easy to get caught up in other publishers, other authors, maybe just that new line of books from that start-up I just heard about. Or, god forbid, you start collecting the back list from a group of small press publishers. An oh-so slippery slope. I've been catching up on the backlist from Cemetery Dance for over a decade now. While at the same time buying everything from Thunderstorm Books, the backlist of Ash-Tree Press, Arkham House, Fedogan & Bremer, Chizine Press in hardcover, Earthling Publications, White Noise, Everything from authors Brian Lumley, Douglas Clegg, Ray Garton, J F Gonzalez, Sarah Pinborough, Elizabeth Massie, Tom Piccirilli, Brian Keene. Staying current with all the fantasy/horror authors I like, Brandon Sanderson, Tim Lebbon, James A Moore, Patrick Rothfuss, and George RR Martin. Although admittedly its easy keeping up with Rothfuss and Martin. I also feed my wifes book collecting habit, thank goodness she doesnt always have to have the limited editions, but she has almost as many books as I do. Her graphic novel collection is awesome.

Oh look....something sparkly

What was I saying?

Brian861
05-09-2016, 10:19 AM
I was very good and passed on all three offers. It's easy when you work long days and don't check email for a few days. Wasn't as upset about missing out on the offers as I might have been a few years ago. Still love collecting limited editions but am limiting the authors I get right now.

Good for you! At least someone in the CD family has a tad bit of willpower left in 'em :)

Sparkly objects, string, signed limited, signed lettered, artist edition, its all the same thing...gotta have it. :confused:

String?! Where, where?! I love that crow LOL.

How long have you been collecting now? Still a fairly recent thing yes? Mostly King and Cemetery Dance if I'm not mistaken.

Those are pretty good items to focus on. It gets very easy to get caught up in other publishers, other authors, maybe just that new line of books from that start-up I just heard about. Or, god forbid, you start collecting the back list from a group of small press publishers. An oh-so slippery slope. I've been catching up on the backlist from Cemetery Dance for over a decade now. While at the same time buying everything from Thunderstorm Books, the backlist of Ash-Tree Press, Arkham House, Fedogan & Bremer, Chizine Press in hardcover, Earthling Publications, White Noise, Everything from authors Brian Lumley, Douglas Clegg, Ray Garton, J F Gonzalez, Sarah Pinborough, Elizabeth Massie, Tom Piccirilli, Brian Keene. Staying current with all the fantasy/horror authors I like, Brandon Sanderson, Tim Lebbon, James A Moore, Patrick Rothfuss, and George RR Martin. Although admittedly its easy keeping up with Rothfuss and Martin. I also feed my wifes book collecting habit, thank goodness she doesnt always have to have the limited editions, but she has almost as many books as I do. Her graphic novel collection is awesome.

What was I saying?

Very true, Mark. I'm still very, very much in the humble beginnings of my collecting. But, I can see how easily it can be to amass a large number of books. Especially if you're running off a backlist of so many publishers and authors such as yourself. I have several series going which my OCD just loves the thought of. Still plenty of King to get caught up on as well so that will keep me busy for years. Not so much working from a backlist but I did just recently start collecting White Noise chaps starting with the bluebird one I believe. Keith hooked me up with the #8 :). I'm also hoping to establish a number with CD so I can match it moving forward with limiteds that are offered.

Martin
05-09-2016, 02:49 PM
Good for you! At least someone in the CD family has a tad bit of willpower left in 'em :)

String?! Where, where?! I love that crow LOL.

Very true, Mark. I'm still very, very much in the humble beginnings of my collecting. But, I can see how easily it can be to amass a large number of books. Especially if you're running off a backlist of so many publishers and authors such as yourself. I have several series going which my OCD just loves the thought of. Still plenty of King to get caught up on as well so that will keep me busy for years. Not so much working from a backlist but I did just recently start collecting White Noise chaps starting with the bluebird one I believe. Keith hooked me up with the #8 :). I'm also hoping to establish a number with CD so I can match it moving forward with limiteds that are offered.

Mindy is very helpful in matching up numbers for Cemetery Dance books!

Sock Monkey
05-09-2016, 05:12 PM
I'm in for all three of the current CDCC offers. I love the inclusion of more slipcases, especially if a lettered edition isn't being produced. It's a nice way of upgrading a book without breaking the bank.

Sock Monkey
05-09-2016, 05:22 PM

What was I saying?

My lord, that's an impressive list of books to trying to keep up with! I have tried to remain focused on certain goals, but like many others I get easily distracted by the new and shiny. I'd buy more, but unfortunately, I have a fairly strict budget I have to remain within. This has caused me to have to cut back on some books by Thunderstorm and others. I've also been leaning towards getting some more lettered editions, so that drastically cuts into my budget as well.

Has Chizine stopped making limited editions? I haven't' seen anything from them in that format in a while. If so, that kinda bums me out as I think that they put out some rather interesting fiction. And while I still go through my fair share of paperbacks, I would almost always prefer a limited.

Brian861
05-09-2016, 05:22 PM
Mindy is very helpful in matching up numbers for Cemetery Dance books!

She told me that they do their best for sure. I'm still waiting on a preorder to find out what my number may be. I requested the lowest number possible as I don't really have a specific number in mind. Once it arrives, I'll response to the other numerous preorders requesting said number :). I'm sure Mindy will love that lol.

Sock Monkey
05-09-2016, 05:38 PM
I haven't even thought about trying to get matching numbers for ALL my CD books. I do with certain sets (Bentley Little, Doubleday Years, etc), but overall I never really thought about it. I might look back some day and wish that I had.

pumpheel
05-09-2016, 05:44 PM
Just wondering why no lettered edition for new announcement for CDCC 6 members. I did order the signed limited w/slipcase. Can't wait!

Brian861
05-09-2016, 05:54 PM
I haven't even thought about trying to get matching numbers for ALL my CD books. I do with certain sets (Bentley Little, Doubleday Years, etc), but overall I never really thought about it. I might look back some day and wish that I had.

I'm so late to the game that there's no way I could ever get all the back titles to match up. I'm good with giving it a good moving forward though. Most of my Novella Series match starting with like book #13 forward I believe and all my Signature Series match. I had to get those from outside sources of course but have the rights for future editions from said sources. My Doubleday AEs will match and I'll be matching my Tabitha King lettereds.

Brian861
05-09-2016, 06:04 PM
Well, yet another announcement today for a new limited slipcased lol. You guys are killing me, Brian! Hopefully the announcement today will only be one of many from this particular author. I must say though, I really, really like the direction you guys are headed in with these limiteds of late. Very reasonably priced for the everyday Joe such as myself and very collectable. If there ever was a time to be a part of the CDCC; that time is now, my friends.

frik51
05-09-2016, 06:11 PM
So true, Brian.
But, as a couple of days ago I had vowed not to buy another limited edition for at least half a year (ouch!) I managed, mind you, barely, to delete the announcement without biting.
LOVED the edition offered here, but it's a no-sale for now.

:(

sk

Brian861
05-09-2016, 06:18 PM
So true, Brian.
But, as a couple of days ago I had vowed not to buy another limited edition for at least half a year (ouch!) I managed, mind you, barely, to delete the announcement without biting.
LOVED the edition offered here, but it's a no-sale for now.

:(

sk

That's great, Siep! that you're able to stick with your goal. I'm eternally weak, my friend, I'm afraid to say. Love the little play on words there. I won't point it out as to not give anything away :D.

slayn666
05-09-2016, 06:22 PM

What was I saying?

Are you me?

For real though, that's how I go about it, though with a slightly different set of publishers and authors. Hell, I've even plugged a few holes in my collection from your eBay auctions :).

Martin
05-09-2016, 06:22 PM
The offer today is an easy pass for me as I find this author unreadable.

frik51
05-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Who said, Brian, I was able to stick to my goal???
For now I did, but six months is an awfully long time.
Of course, I made one exception to this self imposed book-buying ban: anything by King will be an instant buy for me.
(Thinking of the upcoming King Doubleday edition...or maybe even a lettered PS 'Salem's Lot.....)

sk

Brian James Freeman
05-09-2016, 06:38 PM
Just wondering why no lettered edition for new announcement for CDCC 6 members. I did order the signed limited w/slipcase. Can't wait!

We're not sure yet if we'll be producing a Lettered Edition for this one, so stay tuned!

ruderabbit
05-10-2016, 01:25 AM
My lord, that's an impressive list of books to trying to keep up with! I have tried to remain focused on certain goals, but like many others I get easily distracted by the new and shiny. I'd buy more, but unfortunately, I have a fairly strict budget I have to remain within. This has caused me to have to cut back on some books by Thunderstorm and others. I've also been leaning towards getting some more lettered editions, so that drastically cuts into my budget as well.

Has Chizine stopped making limited editions? I haven't' seen anything from them in that format in a while. If so, that kinda bums me out as I think that they put out some rather interesting fiction. And while I still go through my fair share of paperbacks, I would almost always prefer a limited.

I had a running order for the hardcovers through a online store called The Horror Mall, which became the one stop horror bookstore after Shocklines went out of business. Both have gone the way of the dodo.

I still find ones I don't already own on ebay occasionally. Not sure if they are still producing them...I will find out.

ruderabbit
05-10-2016, 01:35 AM
Are you me?

For real though, that's how I go about it, though with a slightly different set of publishers and authors. Hell, I've even plugged a few holes in my collection from your eBay auctions :).

I thought I had recognized yourself and a few others here. I've just gotten back into selling after about a year or so hiatus.

I forgot to add a few other publishers on that list, but those are mostly complete at this time.

I'm going to have to start a collection/picture thread one of these days.

Rock On,

~Mark

Brian861
05-10-2016, 10:11 AM
The offer today is an easy pass for me as I find this author unreadable.

Purely a collection piece for me, Martin. I know, blasphemous around these parts ;).

Who said, Brian, I was able to stick to my goal???
For now I did, but six months is an awfully long time.
Of course, I made one exception to this self imposed book-buying ban: anything by King will be an instant buy for me.
(Thinking of the upcoming King Doubleday edition...or maybe even a lettered PS 'Salem's Lot.....)

sk

Wow, Siep! That's a big ticket item no doubt. Plus you do have your GCs for such exceptions :).

slayn666
05-10-2016, 12:45 PM
I still find ones I don't already own on ebay occasionally. Not sure if they are still producing them...I will find out.

ChiZine stopped producing hardcovers a few years back. I found it disappointing, as they produced a really nice product, but I guess the money wasn't there for them.

frik51
05-10-2016, 02:57 PM
Wow, Siep! That's a big ticket item no doubt. Plus you do have your GCs for such exceptions :).

True - that helps a lot.
Plus the fact I pre-ordered all of the CD Doubleday Artist Editions when the offer was made.

But that 'Salem's Lot lettered really whet my appetite.
I passed on the Carrie: wasn't even tempted. (Love the photos that recently were posted here though).
Passed on Lot as well, but now I wish I hadn't.

I'm just curious: the lettered Skeleton Crew (PS) is already spoken for. I don't think there are any copies left for anyone not owning the lettered Thinner.
But what about the upcoming lettered Shining? I have no idea how many will be left for the general public.
At least, I assume first rights go the the owners of the previous Doubleday lettereds??

sk

Martin
05-10-2016, 03:08 PM
Purely a collection piece for me, Martin. I know, blasphemous around these parts ;).

I am sure I am in the minority with my opinion of that writer and I will not purchase a book to collect that I have tried to read and couldn't get through.

Brian861
05-10-2016, 07:25 PM
I am sure I am in the minority with my opinion of that writer and I will not purchase a book to collect that I have tried to read and couldn't get through.

I get and can respect that.

Brian861
05-10-2016, 07:27 PM
I missed the chance to preorder all the AEs. You don't have to reveal any details but was it a nice little price break or just straight preorders of each edition?

Brian James Freeman
05-10-2016, 07:34 PM
I missed the chance to preorder all the AEs. You don't have to reveal any details but was it a nice little price break or just straight preorders of each edition?

CARRIE, 'SALEM'S LOT, THE SHINING, NIGHT SHIFT, THE STAND, and PET SEMATARY as a set with the cost averaging out as if you paid the CARRIE retail price for each book -- so you save on every book after CARRIE and really get a pretty good deal when we get to THE STAND!

Brian

Martin
05-10-2016, 07:40 PM
CARRIE, 'SALEM'S LOT, THE SHINING, NIGHT SHIFT, THE STAND, and PET SEMATARY as a set with the cost averaging out as if you paid the CARRIE retail price for each book -- so you save on every book after CARRIE and really get a pretty good deal when we get to THE STAND!

Brian

And you don't have to think about when each will be offered or request the same number with each order. Just knowing that they are coming and you are getting one is great!

frik51
05-10-2016, 07:56 PM

Brian

There was also an offer to pay the complete shipping fees for all six books - each book at the Carrie fees.
Wish i had taken this offer.

sk

Brian James Freeman
05-10-2016, 08:14 PM
And you don't have to think about when each will be offered or request the same number with each order. Just knowing that they are coming and you are getting one is great!

yes!

slayn666
05-10-2016, 09:31 PM
I was really happy when the "buy 'em all!" option was extended again just after The Shining was put up for early preorder. I probably paid a bit more overall than if I'd been able to take advantage of that offer originally, but I suspect it will still end up being a decent discount.

Brian861
05-11-2016, 10:13 AM
I was really happy when the "buy 'em all!" option was extended again just after The Shining was put up for early preorder. I probably paid a bit more overall than if I'd been able to take advantage of that offer originally, but I suspect it will still end up being a decent discount.

Hmmm, I must have missed that email or the details in the email as I did do the early preorder.

Sock Monkey
05-23-2016, 07:52 PM
Anybody else take advantage of today's offer? I had gift certificates burning a hole in my email, so I couldn't pass.

Martin
05-23-2016, 07:52 PM
Anybody else take advantage of today's offer? I had gift certificates burning a hole in my email, so I couldn't pass.

I passed.

bugen
05-23-2016, 09:01 PM

Had this one already, but it's a really nice production. I think you'll be happy.

frik51
05-24-2016, 12:23 PM

Tempting, but no, I passed.
Waiting for the next CD King limited (non-Doubleday.)
Still hoping for a limited Bill Hodges set.

sk

RonClinton
05-24-2016, 05:56 PM
Tempted, but still mulling it over. Any other book by this author, no -- but the classic nature of this one might make it a welcome addition to my library. Maybe.

bsaenz24
05-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Tempted, but still mulling it over. Any other book by this author, no -- but the classic nature of this one might make it a welcome addition to my library. Maybe.

I think the first three are all excellent.

Brian861
05-25-2016, 07:19 AM
Tempting, but no, I passed.
Waiting for the next CD King limited (non-Doubleday.)
Still hoping for a limited Bill Hodges set.

sk

I second that, Siep on the Hodges trilogy!

Sock Monkey
09-19-2016, 11:44 PM
I'm kinda surprised that CDCC 7 hasn't sold out yet.

Brian861
09-20-2016, 12:48 AM
Was just thinking that the other day myself.

Brian James Freeman
09-20-2016, 01:22 AM
I'm kinda surprised that CDCC 7 hasn't sold out yet.

I think there's about 25 slots left before we hit the maximum for the book!

Martin
09-22-2016, 06:14 PM
You guys have been doing a pretty good job of separating me from my money lately! Love the CDCC, my wallet is of a different opinion.

Brian861
09-22-2016, 06:39 PM
YOu guys have been doing a pretty good job of separating me from my money lately! Love the CDCC, my wallet is of a different opinion.

Got you today as well uh, Martin? And it isn't even the official start of the CDCC 7 campaign! Did receive notice for Better Weird. Should be here tomorrow :)

TJCams
09-22-2016, 07:16 PM
My Better Weird is in transit to me as well! :)

I'm going to be more selective for a while - wife lost her job. :(

Brian861
09-22-2016, 07:27 PM

Ouch, Jamie. Good luck to you guys. I know exactly how that feels. Probably be laid off soon again myself but thems the breaks for the next few years.

Martin
09-22-2016, 08:24 PM
Got you today as well uh, Martin? And it isn't even the official start of the CDCC 7 campaign! Did receive notice for Better Weird. Should be here tomorrow :)

The offers I bite on come in waves and this recent batch has sucked me in. Received Better Weird and my magnet last week and am very pleased with both. I am assuming it is because they included the magnet but it did not ship media mail which speeds up deliver to us left coasters.

Martin
09-22-2016, 08:25 PM

Sorry to hear that, hopefully she finds something even better soon.

Martin
09-22-2016, 08:25 PM
Ouch, Jamie. Good luck to you guys. I know exactly how that feels. Probably be laid off soon again myself but thems the breaks for the next few years.

Hopefully that does not happen!

Brian861
09-22-2016, 09:39 PM
The offers I bite on come in waves and this recent batch has sucked me in. Received Better Weird and my magnet last week and am very pleased with both. I am assuming it is because they included the magnet but it did not ship media mail which speeds up deliver to us left coasters.

It also seems lately that CD is producing more product directed at the budget minded collector. I definitely fall into that category. Keeps a lot of things well within my reach.

Brian861
09-22-2016, 09:41 PM
Hopefully that does not happen!

Thanks, Martin but it's pretty much a guarantee. I have a decent backup plan in place. Albeit it not as well paying.

Theli
09-22-2016, 10:04 PM

Yup I understand the situation too. Though it is unfortunate to hear. I've been in the same boat, bouncing from one term to the next with federal government. I'm hoping the one I'm at now sticks.

Brian James Freeman
09-23-2016, 12:37 AM
It also seems lately that CD is producing more product directed at the budget minded collector. I definitely fall into that category. Keeps a lot of things well within my reach.

We have a brand new line coming soon for just such a collector, should be announced later this year or early next. I hope you dig it!

Brian

Brian861
09-23-2016, 06:23 AM
We have a brand new line coming soon for just such a collector, should be announced later this year or early next. I hope you dig it!

Brian

Sweet, Brian! I'm sure I will!

Martin
09-23-2016, 02:56 PM

Brian

Been a while since we had a new Signature series book. Just sayin'.

Brian James Freeman
09-23-2016, 03:12 PM

There are a couple in production for next year.

bsaenz24
09-23-2016, 05:06 PM

LOVE the Signature Series!!!!!

Martin
09-23-2016, 06:16 PM

Turns out people look at you funny when you do a happy dance at my office.

Brian861
09-24-2016, 10:40 PM

Cool news. I get my matching numbers through Kim over at Camelot.

bookworm 1
09-25-2016, 12:01 PM
Really happy with the latest offering from cdcc. Yes I did join the new cdcc . That makes 7 for 7. His past year I didn't buy as much due to financial situations that came up. However I got in on the offers I really wanted. I am happy about the hoodie as I do believe I was one of the people who have been asking for this to be included. Now I can wear my CD winter cap and hoodie when I take my early morning or early evening walks in the fall. :)

Brian861
09-26-2016, 11:32 PM
Really happy with the latest offering from cdcc. Yes I did join the new cdcc . That makes 7 for 7. His past year I didn't buy as much due to financial situations that came up. However I got in on the offers I really wanted. I am happy about the hoodie as I do believe I was one of the people who have been asking for this to be included. Now I can wear my CD winter cap and hoodie when I take my early morning or early evening walks in the fall. :)

That's a really "cool" idea for the hoodie and cap.

Martin Roberts
02-06-2017, 09:30 PM
That's a really "cool" idea for the hoodie and cap.

Really looking forward to seeing the hoodie, and hope it arrives sooner rather than later it was pretty chilly here this morning.

Brian861
02-07-2017, 12:58 AM
Really looking forward to seeing the hoodie, and hope it arrives sooner rather than later it was pretty chilly here this morning.

I'd guess it'll more likely be spring/summer before it arrives.

Martin Roberts
02-08-2017, 12:49 PM
I'd guess it'll more likely be spring/summer before it arrives.

I was thinking the same based on the arrival time of the beanie, though the hoodie will still be useful during the spring/summer, due to the unpredictable nature of UK weather :)

Martin
06-05-2017, 09:28 PM
Some times I love and hate the CDCC at the same time. I recently successfully passed on a book from another publisher that I would like to have owned. I have spent more money than I wanted to and still have Strange Weather coming so I was proud of myself. Then the CDCC offers me another chance with a discount to boot. More money off to CD!

Sock Monkey
06-06-2017, 03:28 AM
Some times I love and hate the CDCC at the same time. I recently successfully passed on a book from another publisher that I would like to have owned. I have spent more money than I wanted to and still have Strange Weather coming so I was proud of myself. Then the CDCC offers me another chance with a discount to boot. More money off to CD!

I feel your pain! The real question is did you take advantage of last week's CDCC offer? That set me back a bit.

Martin
06-06-2017, 03:43 AM
I feel your pain! The real question is did you take advantage of last week's CDCC offer? That set me back a bit.

Yes I did but that was in the plan all along. Today's purchase was not.

Sock Monkey
06-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Yes I did but that was in the plan all along. Today's purchase was not.

Ahhh...I've heard of these things called "plans" but I have never seen one before. They are mostly extinct in my neck of the woods, killed off by a disease called "lack of impulse control"...:D

jeffingoff
06-06-2017, 10:59 PM

I have no idea how anyone could have passed on that.

frik51
06-07-2017, 09:38 AM

Same here. But this offer was the main reason I joined the CDCC, so it only took a minute to get my order in....
No looking back.....:)

sk

Sock Monkey
06-29-2017, 10:26 PM
Did anyone else jump on yesterday's CDCC offer? It was pretty much a given for me.

Martin
06-30-2017, 12:17 AM
Did anyone else jump on yesterday's CDCC offer? It was pretty much a given for me.

That was a yes for me.

bookworm 1
06-30-2017, 01:28 AM
I did for the trade edition. The other one was cool but I don't like the cover. Besides the Trade Edition goes with the rest of the set better.

Sock Monkey
06-30-2017, 04:39 AM
I'm curious to see the limited in person as I feel it could go either way for me. I do agree that the trade would fit in better though.

Sock Monkey
07-29-2017, 04:31 AM
Anybody get in on today's CDCC offer?

pumpheel
07-29-2017, 10:38 AM

Yes, I picked up the Roman Numeral "Gideon's Sword". The price (after using my gift certificate) was really right!

jeffingoff
07-29-2017, 12:24 PM

I read the email an hour after it was sent and the books I wanted were already gone. I was soooooo pissed.

Martin
07-29-2017, 05:16 PM

Great deals, many of which I already have. And yes, things went fast.

Brian James Freeman
07-29-2017, 05:52 PM
If you guys liked this offering, perhaps we should ask Dan to look around some more and see what else he can find?

Brian861
07-29-2017, 06:58 PM
If you guys liked this offering, perhaps we should ask Dan to look around some more and see what else he can find?

That would be awesome, Brian! I too was late to the party and missed out on the super goodies.

Brian James Freeman
07-29-2017, 08:47 PM
That would be awesome, Brian! I too was late to the party and missed out on the super goodies.

Let me see what we can dig up this week. There's also another Grab Bag in the works, which the CDCC will be offered before anyone else. Gonna be a few really good (out of print) books in there!

Brian

Martin
07-29-2017, 09:54 PM
Let me see what we can dig up this week. There's also another Grab Bag in the works, which the CDCC will be offered before anyone else. Gonna be a few really good (out of print) books in there!

Brian

Guess I need to keep a close eye on my email!

RonClinton
07-29-2017, 11:35 PM
I did for the trade edition. The other one was cool but I don't like the cover. Besides the Trade Edition goes with the rest of the set better.

I don't have the secret CDCC handshake since I'm not a member, but am curious to know what new volume has been added to what 'set'...?

TacomaDiver
07-30-2017, 12:02 AM
I think it was the new Bentley Little book.

Brian861
07-30-2017, 01:29 AM
I don't have the secret CDCC handshake since I'm not a member, but am curious to know what new volume has been added to what 'set'...?

A must have, Ron.

Sock Monkey
07-30-2017, 05:31 AM

Brian

I love these types of offers! It's rather fun to see what gets uncovered. I'm also a big fan of the grab bags!

Sock Monkey
07-30-2017, 05:34 AM
I read the email an hour after it was sent and the books I wanted were already gone. I was soooooo pissed.

Sorry you missed out. It's always a bummer when a good deal slips by. I remember a few years back some old out of print books were offered and I wasn't able to get in on a single one. Hopefully you have better luck next time!

Sock Monkey
07-30-2017, 05:38 AM
I think it was the new Bentley Little book.

Yeah, it was the new Little book we were discussing. The trade edition design fits into the set of other Little releases, while the Graveyard Edition breaks from that tradition.

RonClinton
07-30-2017, 08:26 AM
Ah, okay...thanks. I suspected that was the case since that was the only "set" I could think of that wasn't King. Really looking forward to THE HANDYMAN and any other new Little.

bookworm 1
07-30-2017, 11:20 AM
I was lucky enough to grab the one book I wanted. I was passed a few weeks ago when I missed out on an offer and the email had only been sent an hour before. It's all part of the game. Sometimes you win sometimes you miss out .

Sock Monkey
07-30-2017, 02:53 PM
I was lucky enough to grab the one book I wanted. I was passed a few weeks ago when I missed out on an offer and the email had only been sent an hour before. It's all part of the game. Sometimes you win sometimes you miss out .

If I may be so inquisitive, what book did you get? I was hoping for a copy of The Vampyricon because it was at a smoking price, but missed out because it seemed that everyone else thought so too!

bookworm 1
07-30-2017, 05:16 PM
If I may be so inquisitive, what book did you get? I was hoping for a copy of The Vampyricon because it was at a smoking price, but missed out because it seemed that everyone else thought so too!
Guilty as charged. :o

Martin
07-30-2017, 06:00 PM

I would have jumped on that one as well if I did not already own it.

Sock Monkey
07-31-2017, 02:29 AM
Guilty as charged. :o

Congratulations! If I couldn't pick it up, at least it's going to a good home! :)

I made out okay, though. I wound up getting the Gideon's Sword Lettered Roman Numeral Author's Edition. I haven't read anything in this series yet (reviews seem to run hot and cold) but I thought I'd give it a shot.

bookworm 1
07-31-2017, 09:36 AM
Thanks. I missed out on it the last time they had a discounted offer on it. So I was happy to see it and couldn't resist.. I haven't read the Gideon books yet. I have both books. The signed limited ones from CD. Eventually I will get to them.

TJCams
07-31-2017, 02:21 PM
I missed out that as well - was out of town, and didn't check my email.

jeffingoff
07-31-2017, 02:50 PM
Sorry you missed out. It's always a bummer when a good deal slips by. I remember a few years back some old out of print books were offered and I wasn't able to get in on a single one. Hopefully you have better luck next time!

Thanks. I'm usually right on top of stuff like that. I'm going to have to tinker with the notifications on my phone.

Martin
09-02-2017, 02:24 AM
I love getting a CDCC email that does not cost me money!

Brian James Freeman
09-02-2017, 02:48 AM

That doesn't sound right at all! I'd better check with corporate HQ to find out what went wrong!

Brian

Brian861
09-03-2017, 10:42 AM

Amen! LOL

TacomaDiver
09-07-2017, 03:32 AM
Obviously this was corrected with Corporate because the last two days have been non-stop with costing me cash monies.

That doesn't sound right at all! I'd better check with corporate HQ to find out what went wrong!

Brian

Martin
09-07-2017, 04:28 AM
Obviously this was corrected with Corporate because the last two days have been non-stop with costing me cash monies.

That is for sure, the last two days have been those emails that I do not even hesitate to order.

TJCams
09-07-2017, 12:56 PM

Although some of the CDCC emails that cost me money are pretty OK too. :)

Martin
09-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Although some of the CDCC emails that cost me money are pretty OK too. :)

I agree. Of the two emails this week I was expecting one and it actually ended up being less expensive than I was anticipating and the other was a complete surprise, but a very pleasant surprise!

Brian James Freeman
09-07-2017, 04:09 PM
I agree. Of the two emails this week I was expecting one and it actually ended up being less expensive than I was anticipating and the other was a complete surprise, but a very pleasant surprise!

Without deluging details, um, which one was which? ha...

Martin
09-07-2017, 04:14 PM
Without deluging details, um, which one was which? ha...

The first offer was a surprise. The second offer was expected, it is that time of the year, but both the retail and the discount were better than expected.

Brian James Freeman
09-07-2017, 04:45 PM
The first offer was a surprise. The second offer was expected, it is that time of the year, but both the retail and the discount were better than expected.

Yeah, we're hoping the new pricing for this year will help some new collectors give it a try. Membership is pretty steady from year to year, which is perfectly A-OK with us, but we feel like there are people missing out who would really like the deals and specials. Hopefully, the lower price helps get them off the fence!

Brian

Martin
09-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Yeah, we're hoping the new pricing for this year will help some new collectors give it a try. Membership is pretty steady from year to year, which is perfectly A-OK with us, but we feel like there are people missing out who would really like the deals and specials. Hopefully, the lower price helps get them off the fence!

Brian

My personal opinion is that you guys found a nice balance regarding offerings and price point. Even at the higher retail this pays for itself with the Gift Certificate offer each year but I see how some people would not bite.

TJCams
09-07-2017, 06:14 PM
My personal opinion is that you guys found a nice balance regarding offerings and price point. Even at the higher retail this pays for itself with the Gift Certificate offer each year but I see how some people would not bite.

I second this. It's a great deal regardless. I think this will be my 3rd or 4th since I've discovered CD.

Tommy
09-07-2017, 07:00 PM
I'm glad these were announced this week. Next week, Irma might be causing my state some problems. Not expecting any really rough wind action where I am but certainly will be getting a lot of rain. If it's anything like Hugo, my power might be out for a week. I hope not. If CD would like some more of my money, this week will be better than next week for any more announcements. :)

Tommy
09-07-2017, 09:39 PM
I apologize if my above post was insensitive to anyone here that is or will be affected by this storm or Harvey. I can be a real dope sometimes. All things considered, I'm sitting pretty for the moment and my thoughts go out to anyone that is having to evacuate.

mhatchett
09-07-2017, 11:05 PM
We all know you, no harm, no foul LOL!! You've accidentally said nice things too, HAHAHA!!

Tommy
09-08-2017, 10:35 AM
We all know you, no harm, no foul LOL!! You've accidentally said nice things too, HAHAHA!!

Ha!

Tommy
09-08-2017, 04:55 PM
The piece of merchandise I've used the most is the key chain. I've used it from day one!

bsaenz24
09-08-2017, 05:40 PM
I'm always been a little bitter since they said no to my idea of a Cemetery Dance speedo swimsuit.

Martin
09-08-2017, 05:46 PM
I'm always been a little bitter since they said no to my idea of a Cemetery Dance speedo swimsuit.

And the rest of us have been eternally grateful!

TJCams
09-08-2017, 05:58 PM
The piece of merchandise I've used the most is the key chain. I've used it from day one!

I have mine too. It's kind of banged up actually, but it's pretty darn awesome. My kid took my CD touque/beanie, and the CD napsack/bag.

bsaenz24
09-08-2017, 07:18 PM
And the rest of us have been eternally grateful!

;)

Tommy
09-08-2017, 07:30 PM

Me too! ;)

bsaenz24
09-08-2017, 07:50 PM
I'm finding this forum much less supportive than my CD speedo would have been.

Tommy
09-13-2017, 06:12 AM
Besides the Speedo, or maybe even to match it, I think a CD leather wallet would be cool.:cool:

evilqueen
09-13-2017, 08:07 AM
Hi everyone, I bought the collectors club membership in august of 2016. I figured since I've been buying books from here since 2010 it was time to join the club :) Now today (12) I got an email for the new club starting on October 1st? I haven't received any "free" books and only 2 emails for grab bags but since I work overnight shift those are gone by the time I get up :( Does anyone know if they are going to do any compensation for this years club since they had no books for last year? Really disappointed with the experience, seems like I wasted my money on nothing :( :(

Dan Hocker
09-13-2017, 02:43 PM
Hi everyone, I bought the collectors club membership in august of 2016. I figured since I've been buying books from here since 2010 it was time to join the club :) Now today (12) I got an email for the new club starting on October 1st? I haven't received any "free" books and only 2 emails for grab bags but since I work overnight shift those are gone by the time I get up :( Does anyone know if they are going to do any compensation for this years club since they had no books for last year? Really disappointed with the experience, seems like I wasted my money on nothing :( :(

I'm sorry you're disappointed. That said, even though you haven't received your books yet they are still coming, as well as the bonus items from that CDCC. I actually have the mugs already, I'm just waiting on the sweatshirts (which have been a nightmare to get produced) before we ship out the mugs. As far as the inherit CDCC bonus we are constantly offering CDCC exclusives (grab bags, books, smaller projects), CDCC exclusive discounts, early announcements / opportunities to purchase things we know are going to sell out quickly. These things (and the books) are what most people purchase the CDCC for.

So like I said the book for CDCC from 2016 you will still be getting, it's just no ready yet. For the record the CDCC books are also almost entirely exclusive for the CDCC, there's usually very little of the print runs left after the fact. In fact I'm not even sure that "Better Weird" the book for 2015's CDCC was even offered to anyone else.

bookworm 1
09-13-2017, 09:07 PM

Sorry you were disappointed with the experience. I signed up last week for the new cdcc . I have been apart of everyone and have really loved it.

frik51
09-14-2017, 10:18 AM
Really disappointed with the experience, seems like I wasted my money on nothing :( :(

The half-price gift certificates alone make the club a huuuuuuge money-saving experience.
At least, to me they do.

sk

TacomaDiver
09-14-2017, 01:22 PM
Exactly! I was tracking to to see if CDCC actually saved me any money and I was breaking even (or close to it) until the half priced gift certs became available. And then it was a gold mine.

The half-price gift certificates alone make the club a huuuuuuge money-saving experience.
At least, to me they do.

sk

Dave1442397
09-14-2017, 02:18 PM
Exactly! I was tracking to to see if CDCC actually saved me any money and I was breaking even (or close to it) until the half priced gift certs became available. And then it was a gold mine.

So those half price gift certs can be used for any order, and have no expiration date? I held off buying them because I was never quite sure whether certain books were excluded.

I've spent $1458.26 at CD this year, so I'm sure I could have saved some money :)

Brian James Freeman
09-14-2017, 02:31 PM
So those half price gift certs can be used for any order, and have no expiration date? I held off buying them because I was never quite sure whether certain books were excluded.

Yep, they're good for everything listed on the store except for more Gift Certificates. :) So a lot of CDCC members will buy the Gift Certificates and then use them to order the next round of book announcements -- and on those orders they're also getting the usual 10% to 30% off with their exclusive CDCC coupon code. The savings can really add up if you're a regular customer!

Brian

Dave1442397
09-14-2017, 04:58 PM
Yep, they're good for everything listed on the store except for more Gift Certificates. :) So a lot of CDCC members will buy the Gift Certificates and then use them to order the next round of book announcements -- and on those orders they're also getting the usual 10% to 30% off with their exclusive CDCC coupon code. The savings can really add up if you're a regular customer!

Brian

Thanks Brian - I'll be ready next year :)

Brian861
09-14-2017, 09:39 PM
Signed up for my third year although I rarely used it last year. To be in the know is worth the price of admission for me personally :) Ya just never know what these fellas have up their sleeves.

Sock Monkey
09-15-2017, 04:03 AM
I signed up for my seventh year (!) and I've enjoyed every year. Yeah, the special book runs behind schedule a bit, but there are way too many other perks for me to pass. I honestly would be bummed if I wasn't receiving those CDCC emails. They're like fun surprises to brighten your day (and empty your wallet...)

saginawhorror
09-15-2017, 11:07 PM
Rejoined after a two year absence. Just Won a copy of better weird on eBay too. When do we find out what this years book is?

dude35193
09-16-2017, 07:09 PM
Hi Everyone, new to the Forum and signed up for this year's CDCC. Curious how often we get an exclusive CDCC 10-30% off coupon code to use?

Excited to dive into the CD world!

Dan Hocker
09-18-2017, 02:39 PM
Hi Everyone, new to the Forum and signed up for this year's CDCC. Curious how often we get an exclusive CDCC 10-30% off coupon code to use?

I don't know specifics about that off hand, but I do know that we send special offers to the CDCC pretty much every week. The CDCC also usually gets advanced notice and some kind of discount on new announcements.

Brian861
09-18-2017, 10:30 PM

Welcome! Depending on your taste; you could go broke quick with all the CDCC offers :)

HumphreyBear
09-19-2017, 05:04 AM
I am also new to the forum (been lurking for a while) and have joined CDCC for the first time. I have received 2 offers in the past few days - one (Fearful Fathoms) with 15% off and one (Goblin) 10%
I didn't take up the first one and missed the latter, but I love getting the emails!

TacomaDiver
09-19-2017, 07:51 PM
Oooooooooooooh. :)

jeffingoff
09-19-2017, 08:57 PM

Don't you mean:
Oooooooooooooh.
Oooooooooooooh.
Oooooooooooooh.
Oooooooooooooh.
?

Martin
09-19-2017, 09:37 PM

:cool:;):):D

TacomaDiver
09-19-2017, 10:58 PM
I most definitely do.

Don't you mean:
Oooooooooooooh.
Oooooooooooooh.
Oooooooooooooh.
Oooooooooooooh.
?

Sock Monkey
09-19-2017, 11:32 PM
I'm along with you guys!! :D

Mike88
09-20-2017, 01:16 AM
I'm sorry. I just S**t myself with happiness!!:D
Mike

HumphreyBear
09-20-2017, 01:26 AM
Yes. Very exciting. My first CDCC purchase.

Brian861
09-20-2017, 06:08 AM
Right there with ya, Peeps!

frik51
09-20-2017, 12:23 PM
I was in such a hurry I forgot to apply the code....:(

sk

Brian861
09-20-2017, 01:57 PM
I was in such a hurry I forgot to apply the code....:( sk

You'll just have to fire off an email, Siep :)

Martin
09-20-2017, 02:24 PM

sk

I have done that before. Mindy fixes this, as she does many other stupid things us collectors do!

Sock Monkey
09-20-2017, 07:28 PM

sk

I've done that before! Does anybody get into "frantic ordering mode" when something exciting is announced? It's like my brain goes, "Get your order in NOW!" and then shuts down. The fingers usually panic as well and like to punch wrong numbers for credit cards, etc.

Sock Monkey
09-20-2017, 07:31 PM
Yes. Very exciting. My first CDCC purchase.

What a way to start! Welcome to being poor, um, I mean, the CDCC! :)

c marvel
09-20-2017, 08:12 PM
I have done that before. Mindy fixes this, as she does many other stupid things us collectors do!

frik51
09-20-2017, 08:16 PM
You'll just have to fire off an email, Siep :)

Will do!! Thanks, Brian!!

sk

bookworm 1
09-20-2017, 09:23 PM
I actually thought about this offer for quite some time before I jumped in. ..............if you consider half an hour to get home to a stable internet connection a long time.

Martin
09-20-2017, 09:26 PM
I actually thought about this offer for quite some time before I jumped in. ..............if you consider half an hour to get home to a stable internet connection a long time.

You showed much more restraint than I did!

swintek
09-20-2017, 11:07 PM
Hi all,

Just rejoined the CDCC after a brief hiatus. Joined today, but now am wondering how it works with special offers- like, for instance, the one above everybody seems to be excited about- I probably wont receive it retroactively- correct? Missed out by a couple of hours?

HumphreyBear
09-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Thanks SM.

CD has been making me poorer for quite a while now. But this time I'm 15% less poor!

Brian James Freeman
09-21-2017, 12:47 AM
Hi all,

Just rejoined the CDCC after a brief hiatus. Joined today, but now am wondering how it works with special offers- like, for instance, the one above everybody seems to be excited about- I probably wont receive it retroactively- correct? Missed out by a couple of hours?

Shoot me an email at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com and I'll help you out!

Brian

Brian861
09-21-2017, 05:10 AM
I am also new to the forum (been lurking for a while) and have joined CDCC for the first time. I have received 2 offers in the past few days - one (Fearful Fathoms) with 15% off and one (Goblin) 10%
I didn't take up the first one and missed the latter, but I love getting the emails!

Welcome! It's all about being in the know for me as well.

What a way to start! Welcome to being poor, um, I mean, the CDCC! :)

Yea! I feel we all should be meeting twice a week in a church basement. I'll go first. Hi. My name is Brian and I'm starting my third year as a member of the CDCC........

Will do!! Thanks, Brian!! sk

Most welcome!

You showed much more restraint than I did!

Me too!

Shoot me an email at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com and I'll help you out! Brian

One of the great things about this place! The folks behind the curtain.

swintek
09-21-2017, 03:23 PM
Shoot me an email at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com and I'll help you out!

Brian

Thanks, Brian! ;)