PDA

View Full Version : Dark Renaissance Books

drain74
09-21-2015, 11:22 AM
Not sure if this has been covered in another tread (I could not find anything in the "Other Publishers Books") but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Dark Renaissance Books?

What is their service like?
What is the quality of the books?

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

slayn666
09-21-2015, 01:25 PM
The quality of the books is great, essentially on par with Dark Regions Press.

As for service, I can't comment directly as I've only ever ordered their books through DRP, but I know it's run by Joe Morey, and I never had any issues with him when he was running DRP.

uturnfilms
09-22-2015, 10:38 AM
My first and only experience was a month or so ago- in their Newsletter they were offering two Sherlock paperbacks for $25- Signed and Numbered. Mine arrived unsigned and unnumbered. I emailed and asked about it- about a week later I got an email that basically said, Yea, sorry we sold out but I thought it was a good deal so I sent trade ones anyway. I wouldn't have bought them unsigned/unnumbered, so probably my last interaction. A quick 'hey, is it ok...' email would have been easy.

RonClinton
09-23-2015, 03:02 AM
My first and only experience was a month or so ago- in their Newsletter they were offering two Sherlock paperbacks for $25- Signed and Numbered. Mine arrived unsigned and unnumbered. I emailed and asked about it- about a week later I got an email that basically said, Yea, sorry we sold out but I thought it was a good deal so I sent trade ones anyway. I wouldn't have bought them unsigned/unnumbered, so probably my last interaction. A quick 'hey, is it ok...' email would have been easy.

Wow, that's not good business practices... Hope you asked for and received your money back, or at least a partial refund for accepting what you didn't order.

drain74
09-23-2015, 11:15 AM
The quality of the books is great, essentially on par with Dark Regions Press.

As for service, I can't comment directly as I've only ever ordered their books through DRP, but I know it's run by Joe Morey, and I never had any issues with him when he was running DRP.

Thanks for the feedback in relation to the quality. I am looking at one of their current books and would get it if funds work out.

drain74
09-23-2015, 11:18 AM

Thanks for the info in relation to your experience of their service. I am looking at a book from them at the moment, higher end hardback, but good to be aware of for any specials.