Upcoming Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upcoming Movies

What's everyone looking forward to seeing the rest of this year?

Here's my list (in order of release date) as of now:

Ant-Man
    Mission Impossible: Rouge Nation
    Fantastic Four
    The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
    American Ultra
    Spectre
    The Martian
    Star Wars: Episode 7

Granted I'll probably only see about half of these since some of them are pretty close together, but these are the ones I'm most looking forward to yet this year.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

MR HOLMES!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      What's everyone looking forward to seeing the rest of this year?

Here's my list (in order of release date) as of now:

Ant-Man
      Mission Impossible: Rouge Nation
      Fantastic Four
      The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
      American Ultra
      Spectre
      The Martian
      Star Wars: Episode 7

Granted I'll probably only see about half of these since some of them are pretty close together, but these are the ones I'm most looking forward to yet this year.
      I'm with you on Ant-Man, Man From U.N.C.L.E. and Spectre. Fantastic Four is iffy for me, so I'll see how the reviews go. Other movies that I'm looking forward to are:

The Visit
      Cooties
      Crimson Peak
      The Hateful Eight (everyone will see this because it's Tarantino. I'll be seeing it because of Kurt Russell. We need more movies with Kurt Russell.)
      Mr. Holmes (thanks for reminding me of this one, mhatchett!)
      The End of the Tour

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        I'm with you on Ant-Man, Man From U.N.C.L.E. and Spectre. Fantastic Four is iffy for me, so I'll see how the reviews go. Other movies that I'm looking forward to are:

The Visit
        Cooties
        Crimson Peak
        The Hateful Eight (everyone will see this because it's Tarantino. I'll be seeing it because of Kurt Russell. We need more movies with Kurt Russell.)
        Mr. Holmes (thanks for reminding me of this one, mhatchett!)
        The End of the Tour
        Oh I don't expect Fantastic Four to actually be any good. I think it's gonna be a train wreck, which is why I wanna see it.

Instagram

Comment

I never get out to many movies - wife is working afternoons, and aside from cheap night (Tuesday) movies are pretty expensive nowadays, so I am very selective....

I am certainly going to see Crimson Peak - that's for sure! Quite probably, The Martian too.

Sadly I missed Ex Machina at the show. Not sure if I will take in Jurassic World or not - I loved JP (saw it twice in the first 2 days it opened!), and Lost World was OK- JPIII, I have no desire to see.

Comment

The one I'm most looking forward to is In the Heart of the Sea. It's the story of the 1820 whaling expedition that inspired Melville to write Moby Dick.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              The one I'm most looking forward to is In the Heart of the Sea. It's the story of the 1820 whaling expedition that inspired Melville to write Moby Dick.
              Yep, add that to my list as well!

Comment

A movie I want to see: Miles Ahead with Don Cheadle as Miles Davis. It's only in limited release and there are no plans to give it wide distribution--unless it gets an Oscar nod for Cheadle.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

A movie I want to see: Miles Ahead with Don Cheadle as Miles Davis. It's only in limited release and there are no plans to give it wide distribution--unless it gets an Oscar nod for Cheadle.
                  You had me at "Don Cheadle". By far one of my favorite actors. I hadn't even heard of this movie, so thanks for the post! I will be picking up a copy as soon as it hits DVD!

Comment

Halloween (1978) is coming back to theaters for 1 night 29Oct. Check out http://www.fathomevents.com/event/jo...ters-halloween.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Halloween (1978) is coming back to theaters for 1 night 29Oct. Check out http://www.fathomevents.com/event/jo...ters-halloween.
                      Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't heard about this and my local theater is actually participating. Going to be buying my tickets ASAP!

Comment

67 hours to Star Wars 7. Many questions will soon be answered:

1) Will BB8 turn out to be a utility droid that has a weird hipster-anime-ish vibe or is it this trilogy's Jar Jar Binks?

2) Will Kylo-Ren really be able to be as evil as Darth Vader? (After Vader kicked Luke's ass all over Bespin, chopped off his hand and told him the fates awaiting his friends, he said "O, by the way, I f***ed your mother! Son." Then, he let Luke attempt to kill himself. 'Bout as evil as evil comes.) OR will he have a Darth Sidious-like Order 66 to execute: shoot the Jedis with lasers when they're not looking?

3) Will JJ Abrams be able to make a movie with out his signature light flashes (read "film school training bra") as his camera moves? Personally, I'd like to watch one of his films without having to have a hand up to ward off the tracers on my glasses. Maybe he is a better produce than director...

And many others that come to mind...

Scuttlebutt is that Abrams is so worried about disappointing moviegoers that he is planning to attend the premiere to gauge fan reactions; also that he is sending his people around the country to do the same thing.

Patient I must be.
                        Last edited by srboone; 12-14-2015, 06:26 AM.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

None of those are questions I was worried about. My main concern is that Kylo Ren won't be the Villain through the whole trilogy like Vadar was, more that he'll be used like Darth Maul and Count Duku.

I'm super excited for Thursday though. A friend and I did a Star Wars marathon over the weekend, roughly 13.6 hours straight. There are a couple of things that I've taken away from it though. While the prequels aren't great they get a lot more hate than they deserve. When watched back to back with the rest of the movies they really aren't that bad. Though I do wish they Anti-Cheese cuts where in 1080p as we would've watched those instead. The second is that for all the complaining about Jar-Jar (justified complaining). He's basically only in Episode 1. I think the more egregiously annoying character is C3-PO. Maybe it was exhaustion setting in by the time we got to the end of Empire and Return of the Jedi, but I found myself wanting the Empire to blow him up constantly throughout those movies.

I feel like you have to watch them in episode order, any other order and you probably wouldn't make it the whole way through. Overall though it's something I've never done before and am super happy I did it, though I will never do it again.

Instagram

Comment

I'd really like to revisit the entire Star Wars series, but I've decided not to pick up the original trilogy until they re-release the original versions, which might just be never.

As far as the new one goes, I'll probably not see it in theaters for a least a few weeks. One reason being that I have no time during the holiday season--after today, I only have Christmas day off of work until New Years Eve--and the other being not wanting to deal with the crowds. That being said, I'm still jealous of everyone who is going to see it before me!

Comment

Adding The Witch and The Nice Guys to my list of movies that I've got to see. Both look amazing!

Comment

Working...
                              X