Karl Edward Wagner's Kane series from Centipede Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karl Edward Wagner's Kane series from Centipede Press

Since it seems there is more than just myself interested in this prospective set I figured a thread should be started. Jerad just sent out a newsletter with some more info on the series. Pretty exciting!

"We are hard at work on the dustjackets for the Karl Edward Wagner set of Kane books. To reiterate, this is a set of five hardcover books. The novels are*Bloodstone, Dark Crusade,*and*Darkness Weaves,*and two short story collections:*Death Angel’s Shadow*and*Night Winds.*These titles have been impeccably proofread and each book contains new artwork. The artists are Tom Kidd, Patrick J. Jones, Boco, Les Edwards, and Grant Griffin. There are also some previously unpublished photographs of Wagner. Each book is signed with a facsimile Karl Edward Wagner signature and is also signed by the artist. The five volume signed set will be sold in a slipcase . The cost of this set will probably be $300 for the set, with a pre-order price of $275. There will also be unsigned sets available. These are already listed on Amazon for $75 each. My web price will be $40 each with a price of $175 for the set of 5.*
    ****** This is the definitive set of these books. The short story collections are each 400+ pages, and include all of the Kane related stories and poems. I can happily send you a table of contents so you can see and make sure for yourself. In addition, old edition artwork from the 1970s Warner paperbacks are included in each volume.*
    ****** Can you let me know about your interest in this set of books? This is a pretty healthy investment but it is the definitive series and we want to make sure that you feel you’re getting the best editions possible at the very best price. Thank you for your time in reading this, and thank you in advance for your responses."

Thanks for posting this for everyone, Theli, good call. I sent Jerad a note letting him know to count me in, and also asked if he'd received enough interest in Monteleone's Blood of the Lamb / Reckoning to produce the limited edition he'd mentioned. Fingers are crossed and I'm trying not to hold my breath.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I sent him a response as well. He had also sent out a newsletter a few weeks back inquiring about the public's interest in an Elric limited edition set, that's a set I whole heartedly endorse.

Comment

I sent Jerad a reply as well. I'm not sure though I want the signed editions. A set of the regular books will be available for a fantastic price, but shipping to my country will cost me!

Really looking forwards to the Centipede Famous Monsters of Filmland tribute as well.

sk

Comment

I will definitely pick up this set, though I'm torn on whether I'm willing to spring an extra hundred bucks for the signed edition. Nothing against the artists, but I don't know that just their signatures are worth it.

Comment

Camelot currently has the signed set available for preorder at a price of $350. I don't see it up at Centipede's site. Anybody have any info as to when this will be available through them?

Comment

I imagine Jerad will put it up once he's back from vacation, after the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                I imagine Jerad will put it up once he's back from vacation, after the 4th.
                Okay, cool. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Preorders are up.

Comment

Really looking forward to this one. The Cover art looks pretty cool, almost an homage to the original Frazetta art.
                    Mike

Comment

Flirting with picking up the unsigned editions. The signed slipcased versions are out of my price range right now.

Comment

Normally the price would have been out of my range, but with enough warning and a slightly tighter book budget, I was able to stash away enough to jump on the signed editions while they are available at a discounted price. I am completely blown away by the cover arts, absolutely fantastic. I simply can't wait for these books. God, I hope Jerad releases an Elric collection.

Comment

I sprung for the signed set, while it was still discounted, as a birthday present to myself. Thankfully they come out fairly close to my birthday, so I won't have to wait too long for my wife to actually give them to me .

These will be my first Centipede Press books (unless I can find a reasonably-priced copy of The Complete Slayers before December...).

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                            I sprung for the signed set, while it was still discounted, as a birthday present to myself. Thankfully they come out fairly close to my birthday, so I won't have to wait too long for my wife to actually give them to me .

These will be my first Centipede Press books (unless I can find a reasonably-priced copy of The Complete Slayers before December...).
                            I'd love a copy of The Complete Slayers as well. Not cheap unfortunately.

Comment

I've decided to pass. I'm sure I'm going to regret it, but a few recent purchases have diminished my available funds.

The Complete Slayers is hard to find at a decent price. If one comes up, snag it. I got lucky on Ebay awhile back and got mine for a good price ($75 plus shipping if I remember correctly). Some dealers are asking insane prices for it. Cheapest on Ebay right now is $400+ and Abebooks is worse at $600 on up. Last auctions on Ebay went for $177 and $300.

Comment

Working...
                              X