Subterranean Press - Silence of the Lambs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subterranean Press - Silence of the Lambs

Sub Press has announced a limited edition of Silence of the Lambs.

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...e_of_the_lambs

Dust jacket and interior illustrations by Marshall Arisman.

Hand lettering by Dave McKean.

Subterranean Press is proud to present an exclusive signed, limited edition of one of Thomas Harris’ most accomplished novels, The Silence of the Lambs.

It will be available in two unique editions, one signed by the artist (the limited edition) and one signed by both author and artist (the lettered edition)

Limited: 200 numbered copies, housed in a custom slipcase, signed by the artist. (Note: This edition is not signed by the author.)

Lettered: 52 signed (by author and artist) copies, half bound in leather and cloth, housed in a custom traycase. (Note: This is one of our finest productions.)

The cover for this reminds of the UK American Psycho. Looked it up and it turns out to be the same artist.

UK Cover of AP

Sub Press SotL

Comment

Would not buy to keep. Maybe to resell, but I really dislike the art and as it is not signed by the author. I would not want one for my collection.

Comment

I had forgotten that this was teased awhile back, and now seeing some of the artwork, I'm no longer interested. If Dave McKean was doing all of the art, that would be different.

At least the limited edition is reasonably priced (especially compared to the lettered edition . . . I am intrigued about what that leather-cloth binding will look like - bet you they can make that quite interesting . . .)

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          I had forgotten that this was teased awhile back, and now seeing some of the artwork, I'm no longer interested. If Dave McKean was doing all of the art, that would be different.

At least the limited edition is reasonably priced (especially compared to the lettered edition . . . I am intrigued about what that leather-cloth binding will look like - bet you they can make that quite interesting . . .)
          For $1500, I would want much more than interesting!

Comment

It's a deal compared to PS's Stephen King Lettered editions!

I really want to see what McKean does for hand lettering . . . but not enough to spend $1500 on it. Besides, I couldn't ever justify or apologize enough for spending that kind of money on a book.

Comment

Pass LOL!! I liked Red Dargon better.
              Mike

Comment

Pass $150 for just the artist signature not worth the price....That and I really really hate the art work. It does nothing for me.

Comment

I'm probably going to pass as well. It's not really the art that's stopping me as I feel rather indifferent to it, but rather the price point. A little to rich for my blood right now.

Comment

$150.00 for a slipcased artist edition is a bit steep for me. Top that with the fact the cover and the art samples on the website do nothing for me I will be passing on this one.

Comment

This book has not been getting the best reception. The pricing, art, and lack of signature seem to be really sticking in people's craw. None of those directly offend me, I mean $1500 is steep, but I wasn't getting the lettered anyway. But with such a low print run he should have signed them all. I'd probably pick up a numbered copy if I didn't have a few other things going on at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                        This book has not been getting the best reception. The pricing, art, and lack of signature seem to be really sticking in people's craw. None of those directly offend me, I mean $1500 is steep, but I wasn't getting the lettered anyway. But with such a low print run he should have signed them all. I'd probably pick up a numbered copy if I didn't have a few other things going on at the moment.
                        I am in no way offended by it. It is just not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                          But with such a low print run he should have signed them all.
                          From Bill Schaefer's Facebook: "Hey Guys. We'd have loved to have the limited signed by Thomas Harris, but our initial proposal to have Mr. Harris sign more copies was turned down. another option was to limited the book solely to the lettered edition, but we wanted a bit less pricey version out there. This seemed the best solution to us. I'm sorry it didn't work for all of you."
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            From Bill Schaefer's Facebook: "Hey Guys. We'd have loved to have the limited signed by Thomas Harris, but our initial proposal to have Mr. Harris sign more copies was turned down. another option was to limited the book solely to the lettered edition, but we wanted a bit less pricey version out there. This seemed the best solution to us. I'm sorry it didn't work for all of you."
                            I'm not blaming Bill, I'm sure he wanted more signed copies. 252 books isn't that much to sign though, it's too bad Harris is unwilling. Though I also think that a higher print run and lower price for the "artist" edition would have been appropriate. Again that may have nothing to do with Bill though.

Comment

$150 is a bit ridiculous for just an artist signature. The NOS4A2 they released was a much bigger book around the same price (when you factor in the separate slipcase cost) and that was signed by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez.

Comment

Working...
                              X