Robert McCammon's Stinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert McCammon's Stinger

SubPress has announced another (!) McCammon limited: Stinger.
    The lettered is going fast!

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...detail/stinger

sk

Just can't pass up McCammon.

Comment

Love the cover. Have to pass for now. The old paperback edition will have to do for now.

Comment

I'm really tempted to buy this. The lettered edition is already sold out so that at least makes my decision easier as I won't have to choose between editions. I'm glad to see Subterranean continue with the reissuing of older McCammon titles. I hope they continue because I really would like limited editions of Mystery Walk, Usher's Passing and, of course, Swan Song. I might even have to splurge for the lettered editions of those.

Comment

It looks like Sub Press has increased the limitation of the lettered edition from 26 to 52 and now they're available again. My decision is no longer easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            It looks like Sub Press has increased the limitation of the lettered edition from 26 to 52 and now they're available again. My decision is no longer easy.
            Ah, that's it! I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden the lettered were available again.
            I guess, because of the poor sales of Blue World (still some lettered left - go get 'em!) Bill decided to go for only 26. These were sold out in no-time, and sure enough, another 26 went up for sale. of which are only 5 left.
            I bet they'll be gone by the end of the week.

And go figure: Blue World is a much better book than Stinger.

sk

Comment

Haven't read Stinger yet, but am excited to. Pete from PS was talking about it in his letter this morning and calls it McCammon's best work.

You're so right to promote Blue World. That book is carefully controlled madness that whipsaws emotion - I LOVED it, and haven't seen it bested in collections. Would jump at a chance to read a book recommended by someone here on the forum that read it and liked another collection even more. Blue World is just a little too good.
              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who loves Blue World.

Don't know if I'd agree with Pete though. Well, I'm not agreeing with him: Stinger isn't a bad book by far - none of McCammon's books deserve to be called that, although the author himself must disagree, as he doesn't want his earliest books to be reprinted. (Glad SubPress is doing the limiteds!)
                Anyways, Stinger is an ok book, and would make for a great B-movie. But McCammon's best would be Boy's Life, with Swan Song a close second. And of his later works, Speaks the Nightbird is #1.

As for my prediction: only 1 lettered Stinger left! But the day is still young....

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

As for my prediction: only 1 lettered Stinger left! But the day is still young....

sk
                  Gone!

sk

Comment

Decided to not go for the lettered and picked up the limited through CD using May's book club coupon. Thinking about it now I don't know if I ever used April's coupon.

Comment

Thanks to you Mr. SOCK MONKEY MAN I am now getting a signed edition of Stinger. I to used my book club coupon. .
                      Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      Decided to not go for the lettered and picked up the limited through CD using May's book club coupon. Thinking about it now I don't know if I ever used April's coupon.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                        Thanks to you Mr. SOCK MONKEY MAN I am now getting a signed edition of Stinger. I to used my book club coupon. .
                        Glad to help!

Comment

Working...
                        X