Signed limited of First Blood by David Morell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed limited of First Blood by David Morell

Borderlands Press and Gauntlet are teaming up for First Blood. Very cool!!!

http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin...R_ID=299654870

Ordered my copy with the slipcase on January 2nd. I held strong for a whole day..

Comment

Why o why do you guys tempt me so.....

Comment

Folded like a tent right off the bat. As I mentioned earlier, I also ordered the Beardless Warrior Richard Matheson set as well.
        Mike

Comment

I've never read the book, but the idea of a nice signed edition (plus a slip case) was too tempting and I had the money available. So in a matter of minutes of learning about this one (from CD's e-mail,) I went ahead and purchased it.

Guess this is what happens when I find a new hobby to get into . . .

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
            I've never read the book, but the idea of a nice signed edition (plus a slip case) was too tempting and I had the money available. So in a matter of minutes of learning about this one (from CD's e-mail,) I went ahead and purchased it.

Guess this is what happens when I find a new hobby to get into . . .
            The book is way better than the movie, you won't be disappointed!
            Mike

Comment

Only now I will need a matching numbered set as they are doing the second and third one next year and the year after.

Comment

Are the second and third ones just the novelizations of the movies? Because the ending of First Blood doesn't necessarily leave a lot of room for sequels.

Also I'm really torn right now. I want both this and Blue World, but only have the scratch for one of them

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                  Also I'm really torn right now. I want both this and Blue World, but only have the scratch for one of them
                  McCammon's Blue World??
                  That's the one you should go for. I've read it (except for the three new stories) and loved it.
                  Plus, SubPress will do another wonderful job. Their McCammon books are the cornerstone of my non-King collection.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                    Are the second and third ones just the novelizations of the movies? Because the ending of First Blood doesn't necessarily leave a lot of room for sequels.

Yes they are but David Morrell wrote both. I have not read the third. I have the first two in paperback. There is going to be a lot of extra materiel with them.Plus David is involved in the whole process.

Yes

I agree with our friend. Subterranean Press does a super job on the McCammon books. Tough choice. I would go with Blue World now and later on down the line if First Blood is still available and you can afford it then go for that one.

Comment

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ll=1#post73537

Maybe this helps??

sk

Comment

My copy arrived today; now I just have to wait until the workday is over to bask in its glory.

And for what it's worth, I ended up getting this and Blue World .

Comment

Oh man, both brilliant purchases. My little brother only reads online articles, but I slowly try and bring him around by getting him the best of the best novels for holidays; bought him a signed First Blood. Can't wait to see how the production turns out.
                          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

My copy arrived today and I think it turned out great. Pictures later . Like maybe next week. Very busy. BOCES graduation in a little while. Working lots and next Wednesday afternoon I will be the father of a high school graduate. Man do I feel old.

Comment

Received my copy today as well. Compliments to the folks at Borderlands Press and Gauntlet Publications. Very nice book for a $60 limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                              X