PDA

View Full Version : [INDEXED]Grave Tales #7: Hill, Crowther, Gorman

Dan Hocker
04-26-2011, 06:59 PM
http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/_gt007.gif
Pub. Date: 2012

Grave Tales #7 (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/_gt007)
Cover artist Chris Odgers

RUSTLE
Story by Peter Crowther
Adaptation by Joe Hill
Art by Jake Allen

THE JUNGLE
Story by Ed Gorman
Art & Adaptation by William Renfro

TUB by Ray Garton

Published in two states:
Regular paper comic ($3.95 + shipping)
Signed hardcover Limited Edition limited to only 100 numbered copies signed by several of the contributors. ($75 + shipping)

(Shopping cart price for the regular comic includes prepaid shipping.)

Patrick
05-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Oh man, I think I missed this one.

Antmusic
05-05-2011, 02:07 AM
You haven't missed it yet. They are working on it right now (it is with their designer). Hopfully we'll get it late Summer!

the_last_gunslinger
05-05-2011, 11:09 AM
I ordered this back in the Fall. I've never read any of the grave tales comics before, but I'm really looking forward to this. The artwork is simply amazing.

Brian James Freeman
05-05-2011, 02:46 PM
The new short story by Ray Garton was the last item we needed, and it is really a great note to end the issue on! Now that everything is in place, our designer is putting everything together and we'll be ready to print this summer. Plus... we have a REALLY nice surprise for anyone who bought the Limited Edition hardcover, but I can't disclose what it is yet. Thanks for your patience!

Brian

Martin
05-05-2011, 03:31 PM
The limited edition was sold out before I got around to ordering so I will miss out on the surprise. I am still looking forward to getting my copy when it is released!

Brian James Freeman
05-05-2011, 03:52 PM
The limited edition was sold out before I got around to ordering so I will miss out on the surprise. I am still looking forward to getting my copy when it is released!

Well, the surprise was a surprise for us, too! The paper edition is 48 pages, but the hardcover binder needed a minimum of 56 pages... It was too late to change the paper editions, but we didn't want 8 blank pages in the the hardcover, so we improvised a bit. Hopefully this feature will be something we could add to all versions of future issues if folks like it! :) Details to come soon...

Brian

Martin
05-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Well, the surprise was a surprise for us, too! The paper edition is 48 pages, but the hardcover binder needed a minimum of 56 pages... It was too late to change the paper editions, but we didn't want 8 blank pages in the the hardcover, so we improvised a bit. Hopefully this feature will be something we could add to all versions of future issues if folks like it! :) Details to come soon...

Brian

Content within the pages of the limited that is not in the trade edition. I like it! Just wish I had the limited on order!

bsaenz24
05-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Gotta love extra material!!!

Patrick
05-08-2011, 08:16 AM
I agree with both of you. It's always appreciated when limited editions have a little extra content. I'll have to look to the secondary market for a limited on this one.

bookworm 1
02-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Any update on the release of this.Also are there plans for more going forward.

Hedda Gabler
02-22-2012, 05:46 PM
I think I ordered this years ago because of Joe Hill's involvement. I got one with Joe, but there was a second one. Is this it?

Brian James Freeman
02-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Any update on the release of this.Also are there plans for more going forward.

Everything is ready for the printer, just have to get CD #66 done first, which is headed to the printer next week for an April pub date. (We use the same printer for both.)

As for plans going forward... yep, there are some BIG plans, but I can't share them just yet. The Future of Grave Tales has been a major project of mine these last few months, getting all of my ducks in a row for some big changes, and we will have a very exciting announcement this summer.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-22-2012, 05:48 PM
I think I ordered this years ago because of Joe Hill's involvement. I got one with Joe, but there was a second one. Is this it?

Yep, this is the other one with Joe!

Brian

Grant Wootton
02-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Yay for orderly water fowl Brian, looking forward to the big announcement down the line a ways :cool:

Brian James Freeman
02-22-2012, 06:04 PM
Yay for orderly water fowl Brian, looking forward to the big announcement down the line a ways :cool:

It feels like that's what I've been doing for the last 4 years since I took over production: getting ducks in a row for this, and then for that, and then for... Who knew you'd have so many ducks at a publishing company... which is really surprising when you consider how many DOGS we have here:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/photospageimages/CDpets/pet27otis.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/photospageimages/CDpets/pet29maya.jpg

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/photospageimages/CDpets/pet30sasha.jpg

Hedda Gabler
02-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Oh, look at those beautiful puppy faces! Does everyone have a dog/cat voice that you use just for your animal babies?

Hey, if I lived in Maryland, I would VOLUNTEER my time to help you guys. Just to be around all those books would bliss me out.

bsaenz24
02-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Tell those dogs to get me my picture of the "non-announced" projects board and there will be something in it for them!!!

TerryE
02-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Oh, look at those beautiful puppy faces! Does everyone have a dog/cat voice that you use just for your animal babies?

Hey, if I lived in Maryland, I would VOLUNTEER my time to help you guys. Just to be around all those books would bliss me out.

I've tried that, to no avail. I know I'm only about 20 minutes from their offices, even though I don't know exactly where they are. I used to work as a courier, and I'm pretty sure I've made deliveries to their neighbors up there, but then again, those days were way back when Rich was still working out of his house, not at this warehouse. The offer didn't work for Borderlands Press, either, and I think they are within a couple minutes of my Mom's house.

Tito_Villa
02-22-2012, 06:53 PM
That must be great having dogs around, my ideal workplace!

TerryE
02-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Yes, and who do they all belong to, Brian? You sent pictures, but no names or ownership roles.

Dan Hocker
02-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Yes, and who do they all belong to, Brian? You sent pictures, but no names or ownership roles.

The black lab is Otis, and he's Mindy's. The two German Short Haired Pointers are Maya and Sasha, both are Kate and Brian's.

bookworm 1
02-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Very cool.I recently gave my comic shop guy my doubles of the past issues and he loved them.Maybe after the big anouncement I can get him to start selling the newer issues.Help spread the word about CD again.:cool:
Everything is ready for the printer, just have to get CD #66 done first, which is headed to the printer next week for an April pub date. (We use the same printer for both.)

As for plans going forward... yep, there are some BIG plans, but I can't share them just yet. The Future of Grave Tales has been a major project of mine these last few months, getting all of my ducks in a row for some big changes, and we will have a very exciting announcement this summer.

Brian

bookworm 1
05-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Well I just went to get my mail and Grave Tales 7 was there. Very nice surprise.Looks great.

Martin
05-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Cool, maybe I will have mine before next Friday and I can take it to have Mr. Hill sign it!
Well I just went to get my mail and Grave Tales 7 was there. Very nice surprise.Looks great.

bookworm 1
05-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Check out my thread. I am going to post pics now.

bookworm 1
05-11-2013, 02:56 AM
Just finished reading this issue.Great stories. The Garton short story was fun. Great job CD. Now if only the announcement for the future of GT was made we would be all good.Looking forward to the future of this project.

Brian James Freeman
05-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Just finished reading this issue.Great stories. The Garton short story was fun. Great job CD. Now if only the announcement for the future of GT was made we would be all good.Looking forward to the future of this project.

Looking at a summer announcement for the big news -- I want all of the art in hand first since that's been the major problem, all in all. :)

Martin
05-17-2013, 03:44 AM
Well my copy did not make it here on time for me to get Mr. Hill's signature tomorrow but I enough for him to sign.
Cool, maybe I will have mine before next Friday and I can take it to have Mr. Hill sign it!

Tommy
05-17-2013, 04:01 AM
Well my copy did not make it here on time for me to get Mr. Hill's signature tomorrow but I enough for him to sign.

Haven't received mine yet either but I was never going to be anywhere near a signing, I would Like to get my ARC of NOS4A2 signed but probably not going to happen, Have you finished reading it yet Marin?

Martin
05-17-2013, 04:11 AM
I have not finished reading it yet. I hoped to have it finished before he came to town but life keeps getting in the way. I am a little over 500 pages in and loving it. My NOS4A2 Arc is one of the things I will be getting signed. My 14 year old niece is going with me to see him tomorrow and she is excited.
Haven't received mine yet either but I was never going to be anywhere near a signing, I would Like to get my ARC of NOS4A2 signed but probably not going to happen, Have you finished reading it yet Marin?

Tommy
05-17-2013, 10:09 AM
I have not finished reading it yet. I hoped to have it finished before he came to town but life keeps getting in the way. I am a little over 500 pages in and loving it. My NOS4A2 Arc is one of the things I will be getting signed. My 14 year old niece is going with me to see him tomorrow and she is excited.

Hope you guys have a good time, he seems like a lot of fun to hang out with, I finished the book yesterday and it is good all the way to the end, loved it!

Martin
05-17-2013, 02:51 PM
I was able to see him when I came through promoting Horns and really enjoyed it. I will finish NOS4A2 this weekend.
Hope you guys have a good time, he seems like a lot of fun to hang out with, I finished the book yesterday and it is good all the way to the end, loved it!

Sabrina Morgan
05-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Has anyone else received their issue yet? I'm still waiting for mine.

Dan Hocker
05-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Has anyone else received their issue yet? I'm still waiting for mine.

The subscriptions that leave direct from the printer have been sent out. However if you ordered this without a subscription or this is the first issue in your subscription, they come from us, and we still have not received our copies from the printer yet.

bsaenz24
05-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Hey Dan, when do you expect the hardbacks?

Dan Hocker
05-23-2013, 08:47 PM

I have absolutely no idea. I honestly don't even know when the regular ones are supposed to get here. Truthfully I thought they'd be here by now. Though truth be told, even if they came in tomorrow I don't expect to have time to ship them for another 3 weeks or so.

Edit: Though we'd probably rush the regular edition out the door ASAP as it'd only take an hour or so to ship those.

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2013, 09:03 PM

Approval copies shipped to us today, so the finished run will probably be ready in the first half of June.

Sabrina Morgan
05-24-2013, 07:50 PM
The subscriptions that leave direct from the printer have been sent out. However if you ordered this without a subscription or this is the first issue in your subscription, they come from us, and we still have not received our copies from the printer yet.
Thanks for the update :)

Martin
06-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Any update on when the individual copies of these will ship?

Dan Hocker
06-16-2013, 05:00 PM

I'm hoping soon. We're shipping a book that came in last week out this week and I'm hoping that our copies of Grave Tales will be here before we're done, also the Hardcovers for this should be able to ship around the same time as they arrived with the book.

Martin
06-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Great news!
I'm hoping soon. We're shipping a book that came in last week out this week and I'm hoping that our copies of Grave Tales will be here before we're done, also the Hardcovers for this should be able to ship around the same time as they arrived with the book.

brionen
06-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Any chance there will be extra hardcovers available to purchase, like there ended up being with issue 6?

Brian James Freeman
06-16-2013, 11:04 PM

Probably in the next two weeks. Still waiting on our copies from the printer.

Brian

bookworm 1
06-16-2013, 11:07 PM
Cool I think I will be getting another copy as I had a subscription plus one from some other order... Now about that book that came in.......

saginawhorror
06-17-2013, 09:01 AM
It's getting close then. Cool. If only my copy of CD magazine 69 would show up!

Dan Hocker
06-17-2013, 01:13 PM
It's getting close then. Cool. If only my copy of CD magazine 69 would show up!

That's odd that that hasn't arrived. Send me an email and I can look into it for you.

Dan Hocker
06-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Any chance there will be extra hardcovers available to purchase, like there ended up being with issue 6?

Possibly, I'll know after we ship them.

mahduk
06-18-2013, 01:39 AM
I ordered Issue #7 when I ordered I'm Not Sam. Can't wait to receive the comic. I've always loved the horror comic anthology format.

Dan Hocker
06-19-2013, 08:30 PM
We still haven't received our copies of the regular comic. However we went ahead and started shipping the hardcover today. If you ordered a copy of the hardcover you should get your shipping notice tomorrow. For those of you who where interested in getting a copy of the hardcover there are more available here:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/_gt007

bsaenz24
06-19-2013, 08:40 PM
WOOHOO!!!

Martin
06-19-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm gonna get my hardcover before I get the regular issue. That's odd.

Dan Hocker
06-19-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm gonna get my hardcover before I get the regular issue. That's odd.

I had thought about waiting until the regular copies arrived to ship them at the same time, but I'm not sure when they where getting here and the afternoon's shipping schedule opened up, and we already had the supplies to ship them. So we went ahead and got them out the door (so to speak, they don't actually leave the building till the morning).

Dan Hocker
06-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Good news. Our copies of Grave Tales arrived the other day. I finished packing all the orders for them today and they will leave with the post office tomorrow morning.

Tommy
07-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Got mine yesterday, Sweet!

Neiaushie79
07-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Yay! I just got mine and it looks good.