Scarlet Gospels--Earthling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scarlet Gospels--Earthling

I just came across this on the Earthling site. The Earthling books I have are fantastic, so I think this will be a good production. I'm excited about it.

THE SCARLET GOSPELS DELUXE EDITION IS COMING

The Scarlet Gospels

Earthling Publications is thrilled to announce that we have acquired the rights to publish the limited, signed, deluxe edition of Clive Barker’s THE SCARLET GOSPELS. As a well-established publisher of Clive’s work, most recently having published an oversized anniversary edition of his epic dark fantasy WEAVEWORLD, we are thrilled to be doing this project that features two of Clive’s iconic characters, Pinhead and Harry D’Amour. Earthling published a deluxe edition of THE HELLBOUND HEART, which “gave birth” to the Cenobites, so it seems only fitting for us to publish a novel that will likely see the death of Pinhead. Clive calls GOSPELS “a HORROR NOVEL with the graphic violence and perverse eroticism of the most intense tales from the Books of Blood.” Details regarding print run, design, and special features will be announced and ordering will commence by January 1, 2015.

That's awesome news! I want this so bad. I hope it is within my budget, though it might be with breaking that budget for. Thanks for sharing this!

Comment

Hhmmm.....interesting. I don't have any Earthling books, although am waiting for The Halloween Children......

I am a big fan of Barker, and I was ready to pre-order from Chapters, but I may wait until I know more about this version of it.

Comment

I only have two Earthling books--Weaveworld and The Hellbound Heart. Both of them are fantastic productions. I would not hesitate to buy from them. Might even spring for a lettered of this.

Comment

I have their editions of Weaveworld and The Hellbound Heart. They're among the most beautiful books in my collection. I'll definitely be putting my order in for a copy of this one.

Comment

Just in case anyone missed it, Earthling announced that The Scarlet Gospels will be up for preorder on Monday 1/19 at 12pm EST. Dark Regions announced in their email this morning that they will be getting a few copies as well.

Comment

I read this in the Earthling press newsletter earlier this week. I am fine with just the trade edition. Can't have all the limited edition books I want.

Comment

I don't know what pricing will be like, but I get a discount at Chapters here in Canada, and can get the trade hc for a good price, so I am likely to order that. Unless I win the lottery this weekend, then......look out!

Comment

Price is going to be only determining factor for me. I'm not a huge fan of Barker, but I do want to read this AND I'm a fan of Earthling's level of quality for their limiteds, so if the price is right I may try to jump on it (I expect it will go quite quickly).

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                    Price is going to be only determining factor for me. I'm not a huge fan of Barker, but I do want to read this AND I'm a fan of Earthling's level of quality for their limiteds, so if the price is right I may try to jump on it (I expect it will go quite quickly).
                    Slayn, you voiced my thoughts exactly. I am excited to see the details, but it will, as it always does, come down to money. So many good books announced this year already and CD hasn't even gotten in on it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                      I don't know what pricing will be like, but I get a discount at Chapters here in Canada, and can get the trade hc for a good price, so I am likely to order that. Unless I win the lottery this weekend, then......look out!
                      Preordered my copy from Amazon so I know I will get a good deal.

Comment

I so wanted CD to publish this book instead!!

I much prefer the quality and production values of CD over Earthling. I would have jumped on a Lettered Edition of The Scarlet Gospels if CD were publishing it, especially as it would have been a great match with the Lettered Edition of The Damnation Game I have on pre order.

I will probably pass on getting a copy of this book from Earthling...
                        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                        - Stephen King

Comment

I wanted to order Centipede's edition of The Shaft this week, but I'm getting this one instead. Hopefully the price won't top $150 for the limited. Hopefully there's a "gift" version with a more modest $50 - $75 price point, but for some reason I'm dreading the worst.

Comment

Up for order now. $250 for the slipcased limited edition. That was around the price I was guessing it would be, but I hoped I was going to be wrong. Kinda steep for my budget so I'm mulling it over.

Comment

Right now that's too rich for my blood. Ideally Camelot will have copies available. If not, I hope Earthling's stock lasts a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X