Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen King Revisited (What's Richard up to now?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen King Revisited (What's Richard up to now?)

For those ho have not heard Mr. Chizmar is planning a Halloween announcement related to Mr. King (Not a book) and a page is now up on the Cemetery Dance Domain.

http://cemeterydance.com/StephenKingRevisited/

So any ideas on what he is cooking up?

I had an idea that since Richard said he has been doing a lot of writing lately maybe he has been adapting short stories into an anthology type tv show. But that's just wishful thinking since its still a Cemetery Dance Project and publishers don't tend to get into tv. Or do they? I know nothing but I doubt it. Could be a project for the magazine since that's not a book. Maybe they're printing a bunch of older hard to find short stories that were never collected. This would make a better as a book though and also doesn't fit the description of their biggest project ever

Comment

When I first heard of the pending announcement I assumed it was going to be a Chesapeake Films project but the CD page now has me questioning that.

Comment

Well its piqued my interest. I signed up to hear more. Stephen King Revisited, eh? Not a book, eh? I would guess a magazine seems the most likely, or maybe a comic series, but I'm not willing to bet on it. TV or Film would be a cool jump for CD and Rich, but it's risky too and seems rather out of left field. Maybe a video blog, or online serial? No matter what, I'm interested.

Comment

I'm intirugued. Maybe a Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaign for whatever SKR is? Who knows...
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Brian has said that it is free which baffles me even more

Comment

I am leaning towards a website with reviews, discussions and other topics related to older King works. I think that would be a great tie in with the Doubleday re-issues that CD is publishing. I also think the comment 'Not a book (At least not yet)' works with that as they could eventually decide to publish a book with sections on each of the books. The more I think about it the more I think something like would be a perfect companion to the pending releases.

Comment

I have no idea what this could be - obviously it must have something to do with previous works, etc. Is it something maybe tying everything thing together (like characters to other characters, places, books, etc.) that will be something fans of King can navigate through?

Comment

TJ, I like the idea of an interactive encyclopedia. My thinking is an online career retrospective, one book at a time. It makes a great tie-in with the CD/Doubleday editions.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I haven't got a clue....but that's nothing new..

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                      TJ, I like the idea of an interactive encyclopedia. My thinking is an online career retrospective, one book at a time. It makes a great tie-in with the CD/Doubleday editions.
                      You are awesome!!!!!

Comment

Question answered, and I like the answer!

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                          Wow, spot on! Well I wasn't too far off on the video blog guess. Looking forward to reading the updates as they come.

Comment

I like it! I don't think I'll have time to read all the books with Rich, but I'll definitely follow along and contribute any memories I have!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

That is my plan as well. I will read along when I can but that will probably be minimal.

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              I like it! I don't think I'll have time to read all the books with Rich, but I'll definitely follow along and contribute any memories I have!

Comment

Working...
                              X