X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Dies at the End by David Wong

John Dies at the End
    by David Wong
    Brand New Oversized Signed Limited Edition Rolling at the Printer!
    Limited Edition is Already 60% Sold Out and Lettered Edition is 90% Sold Out!

This is the discussion thread for John Dies At the End

CLICK HERE to purchase this product

CLICK HERE to view the announcement
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

I am very excited for this one. It was one of my favourite newer reads of the last few years. Zany, scary and engaging with good characters and an intetesting plot. What more could one ask for?

Comment

Like I said I hated this book. That being said I do like the cover. This ranks up with WWZ as one of the worst books I ever read. I did like the WWZ movie. I need to check out this movie. It would be pretty ironic if two of the most popular books to come out in recent years were both movies that I loved while the books I didn't like. That has never happened before for me. I always find flaws with the movies not the books.

Comment

I haven't read this one yet but what about it don't you like Tom? After seeing some of the reviews on Amazon I am quite curious about it

Comment

No spoilers please.

Comment

I picked this one up when I saw it posted on Facebook, which I got before the e-mail. Love that cover!
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

No spoilers....I just felt that it was stupid. No really. I just did not lime the whole premise,and this coming from a guy who likes bizzaro and though Toilet Baby was one of the best books of the year so far.
              Originally posted by Tommy View Post
              I haven't read this one yet but what about it don't you like Tom? After seeing some of the reviews on Amazon I am quite curious about it

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                If you are interested in it, I'd check out the movie. I'm not really sure how it compares to the book but can imagine that it would at least give you the general premise. I really like the movie, but it is pretty goofy and gets a little disjointed at the end. Though that may be more because it was a little low budget than because of anything else.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

The movie is a decent adaptation considering the limitations it had (low budget primarily). It will give you good idea of the humor of the book, and it's available on Netflix Streaming.

Comment

Thanks guys, if I get the chance this weekend, I will give it a look

Comment

The movie cuts out a lot of the book, but is a great adaptation anyway. It retains the main plot and themes as well as the comedy and horror. I could see how one might prefer the movie to the book, as it is more concise. I dig'em both. As for WWZ, the movie was entertaining enough, but not mind blowing. Have yet to read the book so I can't relate.

Comment

Also JDATE book lends itself to low budget filmmaking. Often describing monsters as though they were made with cheap fx at a low budget studio.

Comment

Spent about a minute wondering what this book had to do with a Jewish Dating Website.
                          Originally posted by Theli View Post
                          Also JDATE book lends itself to low budget filmmaking. Often describing monsters as though they were made with cheap fx at a low budget studio.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Spent about a minute wondering what this book had to do with a Jewish Dating Website.
                            Best jewish dating site ever!

Comment

I am quite looking forward to this one and have settled on being happy with my purchase of the lettered edition. I always waiver on spending the extra money on the lettered editions and while I don't always regret it, there have been more than a few times in the last three to four years that I look back and wished I'd pulled the trigger. Luckily, this won't be one of those times!

Comment

Working...
                              X