Stephen Kings takes part in PBS program Finding Your Roots:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen Kings takes part in PBS program Finding Your Roots:

PBS has a show sponsored by Ancestry.com That takes a certain theme each week. This week was finding our fathers. It begins with actually trying to trace Edwin King only to find King is not his name. In finding his correct name they are bale to trace back quiet far. They then trace a sections of his mothers family to tie his family back to the civil war. The final segment s to run his DNA to determine hi bloodlines origins. I found this a well presented show that introduced M. Kings to things he did not know about in his family history. Worth checking it out.

http://www.shoppbs.org/product/index...family#Details

If it were a movie I would probably give it a 4.5 out of 5

I completely agree, Martin. The episode was fascinating and well-put together.

But what do you think of, say, "The Shining" by Stephen Pollock?
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I was having that thought prior to the guy bringing it up. So many factors lead us to the moment and place we find our self, sometimes you can trace back why and sometimes it just is. Failing to find the origin of the name King seamed appropriate.
      Originally posted by srboone View Post
      I completely agree, Martin. The episode was fascinating and well-put together.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        Sounds fishy to me.

Comment

It turns out that Stephen' father's real name was Donald "Pollock". For some reason he changed it to King--thus the origin of "King" is lost to the ashes of history. Dr. Gates (the host of Finding Your Roots on PBS) asked King about the possibility of having almost been Stephen Pollock.

King replied: "It doesn't have the same ring to it."
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
          X