WTB: Malfi's AFTER THE FADE * #83 *, S/L HC, Delirium / Dark Fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Malfi's AFTER THE FADE * #83 *, S/L HC, Delirium / Dark Fuse

This is a long shot, but what the heck...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I picked up three S/L HC books from Ronald Malfi the other day. They're all designated as #83, but unfortunately the eBay seller had already recently sold AFTER THE FADE...ssoooo, if you happen to be the lucky owner of AFTER THE FADE #83, I'd sure like to take it off your hands and fill out this now glaring hole in the Malfi group.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

That would be me. I normally don't sell my books (never have actually) and I believe it'd be easier parting with an arm! So that being said, do you want my left arm or right? . All jokes aside, let me see about a replacement for my copy and I'll pm you tonight. I went ahead and placed an order for one through one of my usual booksellers and am waiting on the order confirmation. If I get it, $27.75 will get my current copy to your door, bubble wrapped, boxed, media mail and tracking unless you want faster shipping. I'm only willing to part with it to help you complete the numbers; I'm not selling it for a profit of any size. The cost will cover my replacement copy and most of the shipping and tracking to you. I'll know something by the time I wake up for work tonight.

Kudos on the good buys btw! I was eying them but I've been giving CD a huge chunk of my paycheck lately (not complaining!)

Comment

Hey, fantastic news -- thanks *very* much for helping out a fellow reader/collector -- and I certainly know what you mean about selling books...I only do it myself when shelf space absolutely demands it (and even then it's certainly not easy and causes intense hand-wringing about which titles have to go...). You'd think with 17 bookcases I'd have enough room, but yet I never seem to. So my deep thanks again, especially since replacing it has caused you some hassle. So, you bet -- $27.75 sounds like a deal! I see your PM...mine's on its way.
      Last edited by RonClinton; 09-18-2014, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Glad you found what you're looking for!

17 bookcases?! Wish I had room for that many, lol! I have 6 cases I use for books (one of which was meant for DVDs, lol) and don't really have room for more. 3 of those bookcases are short ones, but for what I can afford to spend on bookcases the shorted ones are a better bet. If I could justify spending the kind of money it'd take for my preferred bookcases then I'd have mostly tall ones I'm sure.

I technically do have a bigger bookcase, but I'd using it house my hundreds of DVDs, lol. I wouldn't use that one for books anyway as it would cause damage to my books since I don't have anything to put between the shelf and whatever is placed on it

I also know what mean about selling books, definitely hard to do. Actually, it's not too hard to sell some, like my mass market paperbacks, lol. I did recently sell a Stephen King book, but it was an extra that I bought with the intention of selling. I needed the space, so I sold it, and sold it for about 3 times what I initially paid for it a few years ago.
        Last edited by RJK1981; 09-18-2014, 09:07 PM.
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

RJK: A few of mine are short as well...I have 9 full-size, five-shelf lawyers bookcases (well, 4 lawyer style, 4 w/ glass doors, 1 open)...4 shorter, three-shelf lawyers bookcases (well, 2 lawyer style, 2 w/ glass doors)...1 shorter revolving-style bookcase...1 tall revolving metal paperback rack...1 short, 2-shelf bookcase...1 skinny but tall bookcase w/ glass door. Yet, as I said, it never seems enough. I either need significantly fewer books or a larger house...since neither are going to happen anytime soon, I keep hitting critical mass. It's a chronic problem...but there are worse problems to have. ;-)

Comment

Happy to be able to help! There's no way I could really say no because of the number. Enjoy!

Comment

Man, I'd love some of those bookcases! Really nice quality ones with glass doors are ones I would love to get someday, but need a lot more money for that as I'll likely just buy more books with my money before spending that kinda money on bookcases, lol.
              Spoiler!

Comment

RJK: Here's a shot of some of them...this pic unfortunately makes my office/library look deceivingly narrow and claustrophobic, but it at least'll give you an idea of what they look like.

IMG_1095_zps739b54d3.jpg

Comment

Wow, am definitely jealous of that setup! At some point I should really get rid of a lot of my DVDs since I'm not likely to watch a LARGE majority of those movies and then figure out what I'd put on the metal bars on the bookshelf they're on so I can that to hold some of my books. Unfortunately I am pretty limited in space living in an apartment, but luckily it is a 2 bedroom, so there is a bedroom for my library
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Cozy is a better word than narrow in this situation
                    It looks absolutely amazing!

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                    RJK: Here's a shot of some of them...this pic unfortunately makes my office/library look deceivingly narrow and claustrophobic, but it at least'll give you an idea of what they look like.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15763[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                    X