Ender's Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ender's Game

Today's Centipede newsletter mentioned Ender's Game, a title that will be dear to me until I've gone back to the mud.

If anyone has any info on this release that they can share I'd love to hear it. Just the one book, part of series, which series, etc? Very excited!!!

From today's newsletter:

FOUR BIG TITLES UP FOR PRE-ORDER SOON
    The Drowning Girl, Ender’s Game, Blackwater and the Fred Chappell Masters of the Weird Tale will all be published around mid September to late October. Pre-orders for these will be staggered, starting with The Drowning Girl at the end of August (that title will ship starting in mid October). Thank you very much for your patience on these titles, as well as for A Mountain Walked, which will ship in mid to late September.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

I heard about Ender's Game a while back on another forum, but have heard nothing else. I'm hoping to get a copy though. Centipede does very nice editions so I'm sure Ender will be great.

How do you sign up for Centipede's newsletter? I haven't seen a link on their site anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      How do you sign up for Centipede's newsletter? I haven't seen a link on their site anywhere.
      You need to email Jerad and request to be added to it, I think.

Comment

Not sure about signing up, I'm sorry. A request to Jerad should do it but I think all I've done is order a few books from them.
        -John Barth

Comment

Thanks for the info, slayn666 and bugen. Come to think of it, I have yet to order a book directly from Centipede. I only have two of their books. My wife bought Alice Walks for me as a Christmas gift from Camelot and I recently won The Nestling on Ebay for like twenty-two bucks. This is going to change though. I really want the Kiernan book and Ender. Have to check the ol' budget and see if I can work it out.

Comment

Sock Monkey I've found in Centipede a special level of quality. I've got probably around 10 of their books, mostly around the $60 - $100 range. On these versions the paper feels creamy and textured, the cloth is addictive and everything about the book over the course of the read says luxury.

The only very high end Centipede I've got is Anubis Gates. My unboxing was the single most gleeful book unwrapping I've ever had and it went far beyond anything I was expecting with bells and whistles. It's really something else.
            Last edited by bugen; 08-12-2014, 05:03 AM.
            -John Barth

Comment

I e-mailed CP to request to be added to their mailing list. Jerad replied and said sure thing so it was pretty simple.

I'm really excited about this edition. I think it would be a great book to have on my shelf (assuming it's not too far out of my price range.)

Comment

I asked for a couple of details about the edition and disclosed that I'd created a thread here. Jerad did provide a little info, but was also clear he didn't want too much coming out in a thread. I don't blame him one bit, as I'm so excited about this one with permission I'd trumpet any facts I could find. We want Centipede to have all their due thunder upon announcement.

And we don't have long to wait.

20140812_204947.jpg

My very first collectible book, signed, and now it's been removed from shrinkwrap.
                Last edited by bugen; 08-15-2014, 02:07 PM.
                -John Barth

Comment

Thanks for the update and tease, bugen. I'm really hoping I can swing this one. Really depends on price point, though I doubt it is going to be cheap.

Comment

Hey Sock Monkey The Drowning Girl on Centipede's site has been a broken link since I started looking a few weeks back, so I had just assumed it wasn't available for purchase yet.

The link is no longer broken so you're clear to order the Kiernan book or check out the details.
                    -John Barth

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                      Hey Sock Monkey The Drowning Girl on Centipede's site has been a broken link since I started looking a few weeks back, so I had just assumed it wasn't available for purchase yet.

The link is no longer broken so you're clear to order the Kiernan book or check out the details.
                      Thanks, bugen! I appreciate the heads up! I headed right over to the site with the full intention of buying it... and then I saw the price. Looks like Centipede is giving it the deluxe treatment, which is awesome for Kiernan fans. Not so awesome for my wallet. I was hoping it was going to be in the $100-$150 range. I'm now going to have to mull the purchase over a little.

Comment

$50 bucks off The Drowning Girl, today only according to one page, this week according to another. I'm passing on this one, saving for Ender's Game, but Sock Monkey maybe this is enough of a drop to solve the dilemma?
                        Last edited by bugen; 08-17-2014, 05:51 PM.
                        -John Barth

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think I missed the sale, though. I went to the site and it was at regular price. Maybe it is not meant to be.

I hope you get a copy of Ender, bugen. I'm sure it will be priced out of my range (especially if I just break down and get the Kiernan book). No doubt that Centipede will be pulling out all the stops for their edition. Kinda curious to see what they have planned.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            Thanks, bugen! I appreciate the heads up! I headed right over to the site with the full intention of buying it... and then I saw the price. Looks like Centipede is giving it the deluxe treatment, which is awesome for Kiernan fans. Not so awesome for my wallet. I was hoping it was going to be in the $100-$150 range. I'm now going to have to mull the purchase over a little.
                            The price was a bit of a shock for me as well. I still intend on getting The Drowning Girl -- the preview pages posted are simply beautiful. I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to do it. I'll either save up over the next two weeks and get it directly from Centipede or I'll order through Camelot, that way I can save up over a longer period of time. I don't think the book will sell out that quickly, due to the price, but you never know.

Comment

I've decided to hold off for now. I want it and might pick it up in the future, but not right this moment. I agree that the preview of the book looks amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X