PDA

View Full Version : October Dreams 2: A Celebration of Horror

Dan Hocker
08-08-2014, 08:19 PM
October Dreams 2: A Celebration of Halloween
Featuring Ray Bradbury, Dean Koontz, Robert McCammon, Robert Bloch, Stewart O’Nan, Glen Hirshberg, Joe R. Lansdale,
Al Sarrantonio, Whitley Strieber, Lisa Morton, Matthew Costello, Elizabeth Massie, and dozens of others!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/chizmar18.jpg

This is the discussion thread for October Dreams 2

CLICK HERE to purchase this product
(http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/chizmar18)
CLICK HERE to view the announcement (http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?2199)

bookworm 1
08-08-2014, 08:21 PM
This is going to be a great addition to my library. Ordered the signed numbered edition and the signed trade.

bsaenz24
08-08-2014, 08:21 PM
As I have said before, October Dreams was the best thing to happen to Halloween since the pumpkin and this is even BETTER!!!

bookworm 1
08-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Yes and the cover is great. How about a print with each book.:).

RJK1981
08-08-2014, 10:12 PM
If I was good about reading books with all those stories I'd likely be ordering one, but since I am not good about that and some of authors included that I'd read the stories from aren't stories. I'm sure I will end up getting this at some point though, just not now.

bugen
08-08-2014, 11:36 PM
Got in on this one, limited. This was a really cool idea, and I wouldn't have thought so, but I found myself enjoying the Halloween memories of Volume 1 nearly as much as the stories themselves.

bookworm 1
08-08-2014, 11:55 PM
Me to. The Halloween memories were a great addition. I am sure they will be for this one as well.

mhatchett
08-09-2014, 01:47 AM
Loved the first one, it was the book that brought me to Cemetery Dance, can't wait for the 2nd. I went for the signed/slipcased edition. hopefully I can get a matching number. Great news! And I second the poster idea!!! LOL!!!

frik51
08-09-2014, 05:13 AM
I'm still very sorry I never knew about the first one till way after it was published.
I'm looking for a lettered with the portfolio, but so far I've only seen one come up on eBay...
Not sure why I let that one go. Too expensive probably
Still looking though.....

So, yes, when I read the notice about book 2, I just had to order it.
Yes, the lettered.
Now it doesn't say anything about a portfolio.
Dan?? Brian?? Anyone??

I also want a numbered, but hopefully PS-publishing will carry this book as well.
Can save on shipping/import duties.

sk

Sock Monkey
08-09-2014, 03:32 PM
I went for the signed limited. The lettered would have been nice but there is no way I could swing it. I got a little ambitious this year and might have stretched my budget a little thin. And by "might", I mean "yes, definitely". Been a great year for announcements for CD fans.

Of course, now that I bought the second volume, I need to track down the first. That's going to be a 2015 goal, I think.

bugen
08-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Monkey I love that comment you made, "I got a little ambitious this year..." Holy hell what an awesomely understated way to explain the situation this company has enabled us to put ourselves in, as I'm right there with you.

bookworm 1
08-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Me too. Between the Bentley Little books and the Stephen King Doubleday books...Well locking the two sets up set me back $600 plus .....but I know I don't have to worry about getting a copy of each and can now go back to saving for the next few books I have on my radar....No I am not saying what just yet... Every time I bring up something someone has to try and entice me right away so for now I am keeping quite.

frik51
08-10-2014, 05:54 AM
Now will there be, or won't there be, a portfolio??? :)

sk

bookworm 1
08-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Good question. I still think they should send a color print of the cover out with every order. It's beautiful.
Now will there be, or won't there be, a portfolio??? :)

sk

frik51
08-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Wait, wait....It was the Artist's Edition I was hoping for.

This special artist's edition features:

Completely unique binding:
* bound in genuine leather
* custom embossing with raised pumpkin design on cover
* imprinted spine, denoting Artist's Edition
* orange and black page gilding
* orange ribbon page marker
* smyth-sewn with orange/yellow headbands

A handmade custom box:
* wrapped in an embossed orange Pellaq paper by Skivertex
* custom embossed pumpkin design on lid
* lined inside with black felt

A double-matted, framed ORIGINAL piece of artwork:
* by Maine artist, Glenn Chadbourne
* B&W ink drawing

Artist's Edition limited to only 12 copies

It would be awesome if Book 2 would get a similar treatment.

sk

saginawhorror
08-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Got the signed trade edition. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Sock Monkey
08-11-2014, 04:01 AM
I've seen pictures of the Artist Edition of the first one and it looks awesome. I'm sure it cost a pretty penny, though.

Bugen and bookworm, it's nice to know I'm not the only one in that boat. :D I was able to spring for the Bentley Little bundle when it was announced so that is taken care of. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford the Doubleday AE bundle so I will have to ride the announcement train. I guess that's part of the fun, though!

bookworm 1
08-11-2014, 09:04 PM
This is selling fast. No surprise. Now to start guessing at who isn't signing this. The newsletter today said signed by over 95% of the living authors.......like they really needed to tell us the dead ones weren't going to sign....My guess is Koontz and McCammon are NOT signing. Anyone else have a guess?

bsaenz24
08-11-2014, 09:07 PM
I would be surprised if Koontz signed, but it would be cool.

Brian James Freeman
08-12-2014, 01:01 PM
like they really needed to tell us the dead ones weren't going to sign

We tried to get them, too, but their schedules just weren't very accommodating!

Still talking to ALL of the living authors about signing, but we're saving Koontz and McCammon for last to accommodate their very living schedules. We'll see!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
08-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Wait, wait....It was the Artist's Edition I was hoping for.

Not sure if we'll do one of those this time around. We'll have to see what happens!

Brian

frik51
08-12-2014, 08:33 PM
No-no Brian, please make it happen!
I'll get one for sure!

sk

bsaenz24
08-12-2014, 08:44 PM
No-no Brian, please make it happen!
I'll get one for sure!

sk

I can see the production meeting now....."well, we know we have ONE sale!!".... ;)

Martin
08-12-2014, 09:03 PM
When you only make twelve, one guaranteed sale is a good start.
I can see the production meeting now....."well, we know we have ONE sale!!".... ;)

frik51
08-20-2014, 08:56 PM
I still did not order the numbered edition, as I'm hoping PS publishing will carry this book, which would be cheaper for me.
But so far no news from Pete.

sk

Brian James Freeman
08-20-2014, 09:13 PM
I still did not order the numbered edition, as I'm hoping PS publishing will carry this book, which would be cheaper for me.
But so far no news from Pete.

sk

He'll be getting a few copies, not sure how he plans to sell them, though!

Brian

ruderabbit
08-23-2014, 01:53 AM

Make that two sales. I'll need one to match the AE of October Dreams on my shelf. Another piece of art from Chadbourne would be great too.

frik51
08-23-2014, 03:12 PM
It's fine with me, Brian, to make the Artists Edition a limited of two! :)
Not necessary though - this edition seldom shows up on eBay, so I'm sure those who bought a copy are liking what they've got and won't let go!
Ah, this means, of course, OD II, the AE, should be a limited of 14 copies!

sk

bookworm 1
03-24-2015, 01:17 AM
My signed trade edition arrived today. Love the cool signature sheet. The book is beautiful. Can't wait to see what you guys do with the limited edition.

Martin
03-24-2015, 04:15 AM
My signed trade edition arrived today. Love the cool signature sheet. The book is beautiful. Can't wait to see what you guys do with the limited edition.

Mine arrived today as well. I must agree that the signature sheet is great!

frik51
03-25-2015, 07:14 PM
Dan, Brian, Mindy - anyone: why isn't PS Publishing getting any of the trade edition? Shipping from the US to my country will cost a fortune. That's actually the only reason I haven't ordered it yet.

sk

Brian James Freeman
03-25-2015, 07:25 PM
Dan, Brian, Mindy - anyone: why isn't PS Publishing getting any of the trade edition? Shipping from the US to my country will cost a fortune. That's actually the only reason I haven't ordered it yet.

sk

They have an order with us, but maybe they already sold them all? They can always order more if they'd like!

Brian

Dan Hocker
03-25-2015, 07:29 PM

sk

That's probably more of a question for PS. I can't really comment on what they did or didn't order. All that said, I'm not sure we have even shipped the retailer orders yet, we only just finished shipping our customer orders the other day.

frik51
03-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Thanks, dan. I'll try PS Publishing.

sk

KaWolf
03-28-2015, 11:51 PM
If someone has a lettered copy of October Dreams and pre-orders a lettered copy of October Dreams II, will you be able to match the letters?

Dan Hocker
03-30-2015, 02:16 PM
If someone has a lettered copy of October Dreams and pre-orders a lettered copy of October Dreams II, will you be able to match the letters?

Possibly. There are a couple situations in which we wouldn't be able to, your best bet would be to email Mindy and tell her which letter you're interested in.

KaWolf
03-30-2015, 02:30 PM
Possibly. There are a couple situations in which we wouldn't be able to, your best bet would be to email Mindy and tell her which letter you're interested in.

Thanks for the help Dan!

frik51
04-17-2015, 04:18 PM
It's beyond me why this book isn't an instant sell-out.
Whenever the first October Dreams makes an appearance on eBay, the asking price is high - especially the limited editions go for a small fortune.
These limiteds are rare and much sought after.
And here we are, many months after the initial announcement of October Dreams 2 - and the limiteds are still available.
I don't get it.

sk

bsaenz24
04-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Agreed! The first OD is such a fantastic collection and I'm sure ODII will be too!

Dan Hocker
04-17-2015, 06:38 PM
Agreed! The first OD is such a fantastic collection and I'm sure ODII will be too!

I have a couple theories, but mostly I think the collecting market is just different these days. I have no doubts it will sell out though.

KaWolf
06-18-2015, 04:00 PM
I recently picked up October Dreams letter M and was hoping to get the matching letter for October Dreams 2. Unfortunately M is already taken, so I was wondering if whomever has that letter reserved would be willing to swap.

Brian James Freeman
11-29-2017, 07:08 PM
For those who have been curious, this should be the complete list of which authors signed:

SHEET #1: Nancy Holder, S.P. Miskowski, Benjamin Kane Ethridge, John Skipp, Whitley Strieber, Harry Shannon, Lisa Morton, Al Magliochetti, Glen Hirshberg, Roberta Lannes, Robert Morrish, Ray Garton

SHEET #2: Ian McDowell, James Newman, James Moore, Ronald Kelly, Nicole Cushing, Tim Waggoner, Kealan Patrick Burke, Stewart O'Nan, Al Sarrantonio, Matthew Costello, Karen Heuler

SHEET #3: Joe Lansdale. Bev Vincent, Nate Southard, Stephen Graham Jones, Melanie Tem, Michael McBride, Orrin Grey, M. Rickert, Tim Curran

SHEET #4 (with Numbering Line): Tina Callaghan, Michael Kelly, Gemma Files, Sephera Giron, Richard Gavin, Ronald Malfi, Elizabeth Massie, Richard Chizmar

mhatchett
11-29-2017, 08:12 PM
Thanks. that's very helpful!